[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Straight Persian sword!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> It's "Persian" Gulf Stupid! (NOT Arabian)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liberator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject: Straight Persian sword! Reply with quote

I support the IPC PURE Persian/Iranian flag with no foreign influence therefore we do not need a tazi "zolfogar" (spelling?) sword on our Persian flag.
The persian sword unlike the tazi one is straight not bent.

The IPC flag:

http://members.aol.com/ahreemanx/page76.html

www.anjomane-padeshahi.org
http://aryamehr11.blogspot.com/
9karevatan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is not the iranian flag....u can go start your own country...the sword has been bent for a while so u cant just decide to change anything....also qajars reza shah mossadegh mohammad reza shah mohjaheddin reza pahlavi and anyone else in the equation uses the real one and not your edit so you are solo on this one!!!!!

lets not forget the 2500 years ceremony when the real flag was used....plz but your ideas aside...that sword is ugly anyways...
mikhanam
payande baadi IRANam!!!!!!!
redemption

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now what's most important is to focus on achieiving the main objective - not bashing each other about which flag is right.. Hey - everyone watching the SOSIran program tonight at 7pm LA time..?

Anyhow - lets all try to watch these things regularly.. another thing we can do for our country!!!!
9karevatan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they can have a vote for the kind of sword and i will bet u that ist will stay how its been for almost 500 years
mikhanam
Liberator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:35 am    Post subject: Persian sword is straight not bent Reply with quote

Since I don't need to explain myself I will just RE-state my comments:

"I support the IPC PURE Persian/Iranian flag"

"The persian sword unlike the tazi one is straight not bent."

And as you say 9kar a vote would not be such a bad idea but only after we've overcome more important issues and Iranians have been educated about their past...

Dear Redemption,

I agree that there are more important things to discuss, this was just to remind our "submitter", 9kar, that the real persian sword is straight and not bent as the tazi "zolfogar" sword.

9karevatan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i appriciate your respect toward me but i think that most ppl have already made their decision concerning the flag...im pretty sure reza pahlavi konws enough about irans history and he uses the correct sword...
mikhanam
Liberator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: The Persian sword is straight not bent like the tazi one! Reply with quote

Ok buddy whatever you say....and how did RP get into this discussion?!

This question will not be decided by you nor me, it will be dealt with only after more urgent issues have been taken care of, and if Iranians believe it's a relevant issue.

I'm out of here.

9karevatan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well lets see....maybe cuz his family held up the flag for 57 years...!!!!! Idea
mikhanam
reza

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i personally prefer the straight sword because it is far more historically correct and to see a truly persian sword in a fierce lions hand is inspiring
"When on the battlefield if you have the sole intention of breaking into the enemy lines, you will manifest martial valour. Furthermore if you are slain in battle you should be resolved to having your corpse facing the enemy" - Yamamoto tsunetomo
9karevatan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is ugly.......
mikhanam
reza

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but would a new era in iran's history demand a new flag?
"When on the battlefield if you have the sole intention of breaking into the enemy lines, you will manifest martial valour. Furthermore if you are slain in battle you should be resolved to having your corpse facing the enemy" - Yamamoto tsunetomo
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sword was added to the flag during the Qajar times (100 years ago) whereas the Lion and Sun has been our national symbol for at least 800 years. So if there was a vote, I would vote to remove the sword all together. It had no place in our history until Qajar came along. Having an instrument of death on our national flag gives our country a bad image. It makes us look like warmongers. So I say no sword.
reza

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the sword symbolises strength, and more importantly past glories in war and the pride of an empire.
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the sword symbolises strength, and more importantly past glories in war and the pride of an empire.

That's what the lion is for my dear. To symbolize our country's strength and glory.
reza

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes but the sword is aesthetically pleasing. It adds a further element of strength on top of the lions power and even more than that it is an integral part of the flags history.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> It's "Persian" Gulf Stupid! (NOT Arabian) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: