[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is the best way to help Iran?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trainspotter9

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: What is the best way to help Iran? Reply with quote

That is the question. There are many different ways, and I get worried when I see some people claim so confidently that they know the way, without weighing in all of the possible variables.

We can all agree on this point;

an Iran without a religious government is a good thing.

These are the things we disagree on;

is democracy a good thing?

is being friends with Israel a good thing?

can we have an Iran with some of the former religious leaders, i.e. Rafsangjani, in power, if they would be willing to denounce the religious government and reconcile with former political exiles?

And we also disagee on what the best path to a better Iran is.

Some say it is better to starve Iran, get the U.S. to fund the counter-insurgency movements in Iran, and hope the regime topples

Some say that starving Iran would slow its economic growth dramatically, and make Iran fall years behind, and would opt for openning up trade with Iran and changing the government through contact.

Some say attacking Iran from the outside would be a good thing.

There are different opinions. Let's put down all the positives and negatives of each position.

I personally believe we should push to open trade with Iran, and use our contacts with Iran to encourage reform. I think we should try to get the mullahs who are for a secular government to join our side, because we can use as much help as we can get. I think Israel is a unjust country and we should not ally with it until it stops its occupation and apartheid against the Palestinian people. I think we should encourage pride in the Iranian race, and create a culture that is ashamed of submitting to an Arab apparatus.
stefania

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO TO TRADE AND ANY OTHER FORM OF BUSINESS WITH THE MULLAHS' REGIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
trainspotter9

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at least you are being democratic and explaining your position with facts and points.

If you want to gain support, you have to use logic to show that you're side is more than just idealogy.
trainspotter9

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you are for the
Quote:
Some say it is better to starve Iran, get the U.S. to fund the counter-insurgency movements in Iran, and hope the regime topples
option.
reza

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainspotter is right on some points, we must elavate national pride carefully to instill a hatred of the mullahs compared to the glories before hand. however many people would have a moral objection to trading with iran and too much conflict would arise from the apparent leniency given to the theocracy. on the subject of israel, yes they are oppressing palestinians and trying to steal rightfully palestinian land, but they are also a powerful ally and a strong hand of help in the turmoil of the middle east.
"When on the battlefield if you have the sole intention of breaking into the enemy lines, you will manifest martial valour. Furthermore if you are slain in battle you should be resolved to having your corpse facing the enemy" - Yamamoto tsunetomo
trainspotter9

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ we should not work with oppressors and violators of international law. When Israel stops oppressing the Palestinians, then we can work with them.

I believe when a bunch of Iranians start coming over to the U.S. for trade, they will be influenced by ethnic pride and there will eventually be a toppling of the religious element of Iran as Iranians become more nationalistic.
stefania

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arafat and the Arab dictators are oppressing the Palestinians.

I defend Israel.

Feel free to call me a Zionist !

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
reza

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when the israeli army demolishes civillian homes and fires missles on cars driving through streets full of children, is this not oppression? there are two sides to the story and the palestinian suicide bombers are also brutal terrorists but the israelies are not the shining light of perfection. This being said it would be possible to work with them for a free iran and to repair the damages of the mullahs theocracy
"When on the battlefield if you have the sole intention of breaking into the enemy lines, you will manifest martial valour. Furthermore if you are slain in battle you should be resolved to having your corpse facing the enemy" - Yamamoto tsunetomo
stefania

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I defend the anti-terror actions by Israel.

Israel is fighting for its survival and is fighting a war on terror.

Arafat has refused the peace offer and decided to declare a Genocidal war on Israel and the Jews.

I defend Israel-

reza

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if israel is fighting for its survival then then they should build defenses and focus on strengthening their borders rather than making incursions into foreign soil and attacking innocent civillians
stefania

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I defend Israel till i die

Marg bar Arafat,the killer of tens of Iranians

reza

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a real convincing argument youve got there, tell me why defend israel? leaving aside the atrocities of arafat
vishtasp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Historically, Persia has always had good relations with the Jews. It seems the only time the Jewish people were safe was under Persian rule, whether it was Cyrus the Great or Xerxes (Ahasuerus). I believe it is possible for Iran to have decent foreign relations with Israel in the future.

As for the ruling mullahs, can I send you guys some Uzis that you can take out the mullahs with?
redemption

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll send some donkey manure to dump on them!
reza

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always thought referring to the good relations between jews and the achamenids would be a likely tool for any new government in iran to join with israel as an ally.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: