[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In Washington Iran Rally, Dissident Cleric Calls 18TIR Natio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> 18 Tir Help Desk, Discussion & Coordination (BREAKING NEWS)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: In Washington Iran Rally, Dissident Cleric Calls 18TIR Natio Reply with quote

In Washington Iran Rally, Dissident Cleric Calls July 9 a “National Uprising”

Free Republic

RF ^ | 7/10/04 | RF
Posted on 07/08/2004 7:54:14 PM PDT by freedom44

Speaking at a rally held on the steps of US Congress by Iranians living in the Washington, D.C. tri-state area dissident cleric called the July 9, 1999 student-led pro-democracy demonstrations “a national uprising against the Islamic regime, which has neither religious legitimacy nor legal legitimacy.”

RadioFarda Newsroom - July 8, 2004 - Several US Senators and Congressmen are scheduled to speak at a rally being held on the steps of the US Congress by Washington area Iranian activists, correspondent Parichehr Farzam says in a live report from the event. “The July 9 event is a national uprising and it is a duty for all Iranians to honor this day, says dissident cleric Ayatollah Mehdi Haeri, who took part in the July 9, 1999 uprising in Tehran.

“Since I am fighting against this regime and consider the Islamic regime corrupt, I am appearing here in my clerical robe in order to show the people that all Iranian Shiite clerics do not support this regime,” Haeri tells Radio Farda.

“This is the only regime in the world that has a special court for the clergy, which arrests and jails anti-regime clerics. So far, this court has executed 1,600 clerics and has 3,000 clerics in custody. Clerics are also victims of this regime,” he says.

“This regime has no legitimacy, legal or religious, and is a corrupt regime based on deception, lies, tricks and innuendo,” Haeri adds. “This regime has ruined our culture, our national identity, and only Palestinian extremists and the Lebanese benefit from this regime, not Iranians.”

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
redemption

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: dear Reply with quote

Stefania, I love your new avatar - the designs our compatriot made are very nice..
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: dear Reply with quote

redemption wrote:
Stefania, I love your new avatar - the designs our compatriot made are very nice..

Thanks Smile

But who is she ? Rolling Eyes

Wink

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> 18 Tir Help Desk, Discussion & Coordination (BREAKING NEWS) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: