[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A note on 18 Tir

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Khorshid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: A note on 18 Tir Reply with quote

An Anti-climax?

Except for some bloggers in Iran, few will admit to it but those feeling somewhat disappointed with the coming and passing of July 8, and a nationwide mass protest that never came, need to look at the picture more carefully.

We cannot conclude that our compatriots today were being apathetic or compliant. We have to recall that the largest, and the most effective protest against this regime during its 25 years of existence occurred five months ago. The mass boycott of Islamic Majles elections in February was nothing short of a national referendum sounding the death knell for the Islamic Republic.

Furthermore, we may want to note that the level of security and surveillance during the past 48 hours has been exceptional; perhaps unprecedented. Were I in Iran, I too would have remained home and kept quiet. But there is something far more important here that should not be overlooked: Far from a show of force, these maneuvers by the regime are signs of trembling and fear. Is it difficult to understand why “Supreme Leader” Khamenei has spent the last two-three days in Hamedan and away from the capital?

To conclude this little note of mine, this level of security cannot be maintained for long; nor is it desirable. But you see, they have no other choice. They know they’re finished. Rebellions WILL follow.

Note to my compatriots in Europe:
The IDEAL form of protest for the exiles would be the physical liberation of Islamist occupied Iranian embassies abroad; I mean by force. I do not necessarily suggest it; I’m merely stating a fact.

Khorshid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were I the Head Mullah in Iran…

Were I the Head Mullah in Iran, seeing the first signs of a general uprising in Iran I would order the Islamic Republic’s agents and foot soldiers in IraQ to intensify the insurgency. In fact, I wouldn’t even wait for the sign. With world press fully focused on Iraq, I’ll take the opportunity to eliminate all of the Islamic Republic’s opponents. Now this is something really worth calling a “golden opportunity.”

Lyceum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: A note on 18 Tir Reply with quote

Khorshid wrote:
An Anti-climax?

Note to my compatriots in Europe:
The IDEAL form of protest for the exiles would be the physical liberation of Islamist occupied Iranian embassies abroad; I mean by force. I do not necessarily suggest it; I’m merely stating a fact.

Khorshid:

I have reported on the demonstration in Gothenburg, in my post, DANESHJOO VERSUS MULLAH.

If you want to get a scary feeling about the things that could have been said behind the doors of an Iranian embassy, read my post, KARIM MOHAMMEDZADEH: MURDERED BY AN IRANIAN INTELLIGENCE AGENT?

Best Premises,

Martin Lindeskog - American in Spirit.
Gothenburg, Sweden.
redemption

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin, thank you for all the excellent work you are doing on your blog.. I have recommended it to all of my family and friendS!!!!
DoctorZin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Khorshid,

I enjoyed your post and used it as the opening post on my thread on the FreeRepublic.com.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1168644/posts?page=3#3

Thanks,

DoctorZin
redemption

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DoctorZin for stopping by..
Spenta

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Khorshid

I also agree. I pointed out a while ago under the suggestions for 18 Tir section, that the priority was to have psychological victories like turning off lights and gestures of that kind, not getting beaten and arrested. Announcing a day for revolt never works. Popular Revolts work through surprise. As Sun Tsu, "Art of War", would say, minimising casualties and losses is the priority. Sending out all your people to get beaten, killed and arrested to an awaiting army is stupid, especially since we're all talking about unarmed civillians here. You send them when the time is right. Right now keeping these guys in the streets is going to hurt the Mullah$ in the long run. After a while apathy will set in amongst them, they will resent their position, some will become attached to the people in the streets and find it harder to attack them, and the costs in monetary, social and PR for the Mullah$ will be great.

Ultimately, a regime that is maintainaing its rule through mercenaries and foreign investors, is a doomed regime. This is what 18 Tir proved to the world this year!
Khorshid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Martin,
Welcome to Activistchat. Thank you for your article on the demonstration. The “Worker-Communist Party of Iran” did not participate because, following the advise of one of their leaders, Siamak Bahari (who runs Radio People's Voice in Stockholm), “the Iranian flag should be opposed in principle”!!! As you may know, they also do not recognize Iran’s national anthem. Yet, these anti-Iranians--- in the SECULAR form--- call their organization WCP of Iran! Believe it or not, these are less reactionary than some other “Iranian” elements in Sweden, who, under various “Leftist” banners, work for the Balkanization of Iran into individual “ethnic” republics.

Also, thank you for your notes on Karim Mohammedzadeh. As we can rule out the possibility that Swedish authorities are ignorant of Islamic Republic’s agents and informants working in Sweden, …

Please inform us of any new updates to your notes on Iranian activities in Sweden in your blog.

Dear Doctor Zin,
Thank you Sir. I too had the pleasure of listening to your conversation with Iman Forutan. I think that there are many Americans like you who, once informed of the facts, will too join us in this movement. Many thanks for your informative website.

Dear Spenta,
At this stage, with the regime facing a dead-end, I’m somewhat concerned with the probability of an emergence of a new “2nd Khordad” (reformist) movement. The regime may actually attempt it, for what else is there to do? As I know that the people inside Iran will not be deceived, my “concern” is with the regime’s propagandists abroad. We exiles should be fully prepared to confront them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: