[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The failed Nojeh coup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spenta

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: The failed Nojeh coup Reply with quote

Nice try
The failed Nojeh coup

July 12, 2004
iranian.com

On July 11, 1980 and months after the ruthless Khomeini regime invaded our beloved country, approximately a thousand brave Iranians including some of the world's best fighter pilots, paratroopers and officers planned a secret coup that could potentially take back the country. Their plan was to bomb Khomeini's residence in Jamaran as well as Mehrabad Airport and a few other key strategic locations. Soon after the air operations, ground forces would enter Iran from the west and join the campaign. It was projected that in 48 hours, Iran would have a new government.

The operation would be initiated by two F-4 phantoms taking off from the Shahrokie Airbase near Hamedan. The Phantoms would first target Jamaran and obliterate Khomeini's residence using 750 pound and cluster bombs. This was a crucial stage in the plan and had the fighters taken off from the airbase and successfully completed the mission, the plan was given a high success rate. As one of the top officers had said "Give me Shahrokhie Airbase and I will give you back Iran."

In the afternoon on July 11, 1980 (18 Tir, 1359) as the pilots are driving towards the airbase, they soon find out their plan has been leaked. Many are arrested at lightening speed including Brigadier General Ayat Mohaghegi, the officer in charge of the air operations. Some manage to escape and some still remain in Iran.

It seems like only yesterday when I saw for the first time General Mohagheghi's face on Iranian state TV. At a young age of 12, I remember seeing the tribunal of an articulate man who answered all the questions asked of him with a calm reassuring voice.

A few days ago, I saw that very interview again. The general's account of their plan could easily be a Hollywood movie script only that this was no movie. As I am watching the tape I ask myself what would have happened if the coup had succeeded and we would have got ridden of the cancers that have invaded our country for the past 26 years. How different life would have been for the five million Iranians who now live outside of Iran.

Watching the tribunal is also depressing. At a glance one sees a well educated man who adored his country and knows that in hours he will be walking to his own execution. Knowing that one of the best fighter pilots in the world is about to be executed by his own countrymen while an enemy from the west is invading that very country feels like never wanting to be Iranian.

The illiterate imbecile who is asking him the questions is symbolic of how a group of mullahs hijacked our country and executed and continue to execute some of the bravest, smartest and most patriotic Iranians. In that interview, General Mohagheghi never gave the names of other officers who were involved in the coup (except those already arrested or executed) and his bravery saved the lives of many officers who still live in Iran.

Shame on us all Iranians who are only good in bragging about how superior we are to other nationalities when in reality socially and culturally we are light years behind everybody else. For the past 25 years Iranians have been executing their brothers, friends and cousins simply for having different opinions. To us Iranians life is worthless.

This article is dedicated to those who lost their life for their country. Their names may be found in the sarbazan.com.
Khorshid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you dear Spenta for this moving article. The interrogation was shown on Azadi TV and brought back many sad memories.

http://activistchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2924&sid=c71adfd51a56c60eefbacdd1ff1c2554

stefania

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

July 9 and the Europeans' Murderous Silence

Free Thoughts

As the world focuses its attention on how to deal with today's International Islamist Terrorism and the turmoil in the Middle East,thousands upon thousands of Iranians are gathering,everyday,in several Iranian cities to reclaim their land from the evil mullahs which rule their country since 25 years now.

In spite of the Media's Unfair and Unbalanced reports on the situation there (if and when they report!) all the iranians are demanding for is not "reforms from within the regime".

Khatami has showed his true colors when,instead of thanking the students which he ought his presidential victory to,in the 1997,he has labeled the protestors as "hooligans","Cia agents" and the like.

It was in the July 1999 when the Students protested the regime's continued repression.

At the time,they still believed that Khatami might had rescued them and were waiting for a word of support from him.

After days of silence,he finally spoken.

But,instead of supporting the Freedom Lovers ,he has declared his firm opposition to the students uprising and wasted no time to refer to as "nercenaries of the enemy" (The United States,according to the mullahs).

It was since that time that the students,along with ordinary citizens from all the walks of life,have realized that a cleric and a mullah ruling the country cannot and does not want to pursue a reforms process.

An ideologic system,whether it is "secular" or theocratic,is for its very nature incompatible with even the same concept of "reforms" and "democracy".

The Soviet Union and the countries which were under its influence,have failed the reformist experiment.

Simply put,it was not even willing reform the system,because it would ultimately have resulted into a more radical change in the ideology in its entirety.

If you give people more liberties and civil rights,they presumed,they could endanger the system.

It was for this that the people living in the Eastern Europe's communist countries have demanded for what a few years later has changed their lives; a total regime change.

May you have imagined Nazi-Fascism trying to pursue reforms? Or the Saddam regime doing like that ?

The mullahs of Iran understood that reforms only could endanger the regime,letting people be freer to say their opinions and even challenge islam by adopting a Westernized lifestyle.

What they had promised in 1997 was not what they really wanted to accomplish.They did know that they were lying to millions of people. They did know that they were not going to keep only only of their promises.

What is then that made them promise what they couldn't keep? It was an attempt to keep the power under their control and survive another couple of year,at a time when the regime was almost universally discredited.

It was as to say 'give us more time and we promise to reform and grant you more freedoms.Just give us the time,because reforms and change take time'.

In this way they convinced half a world about their "goodwill" and were capable to attract foreign investments and economic deals.That is the key to their hopes to survive.

Now that they are growing extremely isolate,both internationally and at home,they need to keep their strategic alliance with their sole backers that they know they can trust:Europe and Japan.

Now that the people of Iran have shout the world their firm rejection of the regime in its totality and clarified their real desire,Democratic Regime Change,we in Europe and throughout the world,can no longer to turn the other way.

Amid an increasing wave of repression inside and terrorism outside (directly finded by the Islamic regime)we the European citizens in total dissent with our representatives' policies,have a duty to urge them to stop investing in the Regime and invest only in the Iranian People.

They,with their dynamic youth,are the sole hope for a better world,free of terror and tyranny.

Once for all,Europe needs to say it strong and clear what it wants to do.

It's only Europe's decision to continue to back the regime or instead back the Iranian people, who depends the fate of millions in Iran and throughout the Middle East.

Now more than ever,the Iranians want to know whether we are either with them or the regime.

There's no third way.

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Kaave Aahangar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: The failed Nojeh coup Reply with quote

Dear Spenta,

What do you think who was the traitor of this plan? The Nojeh coup failed because the Pilots have informed USA through Swiss consulate one day before the strike. They asked for help to send forces in case needed.

Day after the plan was leaked...why? It was USA who betrayed Shah and Nojeh coup. It was USA who financially supported Khomeini.

BUT USA didn't forseen what would come. They thought if the Mullahs come to power, Iran would become like the small Arabian countries in Persian Golf. A calm country where people are more interessted in Religion than in industrilization. A country with cheap oil and no problems...

I am sure that was the plan, but Khomeini made a double-game. He turned his back to his supporters, because he was always against Israel und just used them to claim the power.

Americans and teh British betrained many times our country. I am not the one who seeks revenge. We shall forgive but not forget and be carefull in the future!!! Never again shall we see Khomeinis pubic hair in Quran and His mug in the moon.

Paayandeh Iran,
Kaveh Ahangar
Spenta

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Kaave Aahangar

I agree with some of what you have written, but I still think not all the facts are out on this. Based on what I heard, they weren't betrayed by the pilots but by the ground crews, who were siding with Khomeini since the Bakhtiar days.

The problem was that many in Iran's military were taking orders from the west (including some generals), starting with the revolution itself. These were people who were looking to see which way the wind was blowing, and making sure they were facing that way. Unfortunately this has been a constant of Iran's entire history, external forces work through internal forces who betray to defeat and conquer Iran.

If you look at the revolution, you'll see that right after the US publicly distanced itself from the Shah, most of Iran's powerful were already fleeing Iran as early as October '78, and this was long before the big Ashura demonstration, by then the whole govt was already imploding.

The bitter facts are: the US thought they would get a better deal with Khomeini and the Mullah$, and maybe they did, if you consider that the Mullah$ prevented the Soviet Union sponsored Communist groups from taking over and controlling the Persian Gulf, and they have kept oil prices down for the last 25 years. You might say, they were good for geo politics and business back then, and still are. That is why the US oil lobby is still seeking talks and ways of negotiating with the Mullah$! They are hoping to turn IRI into China, and use the Mullah$ for $$$. But personally, I don't see how that can be. As corrupt as the regional leaders in China may be, their entire infrastructure is not as corrupt as the Mullah$. And Iranians are alot more volatile in their hatred of the Mullah$, than the Chinese are with their leaders. I think the oil lobby is severely mistaken.
redemption

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Spenta - also, since you mentioned China... I think it's possible 10 maybe 15 years down the road that the Chinese people may in fact overthow the Chinese Govt. if the system does not change there. Currently, civilization looks to be in some kind of twilight zone, but once we emerge - these tyrants are going to be taken care of once and for all.
Spenta

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their economy may collapse a h.e.l.l. of a lot sooner than that, causing a meltdown the likes of which the world is not ready for IMO, given how much everything from the US economy to Japan to you name it relies on China.
Liberator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Top gunned down Reply with quote

Top gunned down
Mastermind of the Nojeh coup attempt

Mahmoud Ghaffari
July 22, 2004
iranian.com

His left eye was gouged out, leaving an empty socket, his body was riddled with bullets, and his entire torso was black and blue from torture. This was the scene the wife of the late Brigadier General Saied Mehdiyoun saw, when she was summoned to reclaim the body of this great patriot. In fact she had to pay a dollar for every bullet used to murder him, so that his executioners could replace their inventory!

This is the scene replayed thousands of times in the Great Islamic Republic of Iran, during the first few years of the revolution and ominously still continuing to today.

Last week is the 24th anniversary of the Nojeh coup attempt [See: Nice try], masterminded by this outstanding highest ranking officer of the Imperial Iranian Air force and many other patriots who lost their lives in the clutches of the Islamic fundamentalists. Any one, who remembers the events of those days, can only draw one conclusion; that the events of the world for the next twenty years were shaped by such animalistic and terrorist acts. We all kept quiet, solemnly dowsed in our own sorrows for the lost lives, but could never imagine, that a group of about 2000 backward clerics, can do such damage and cause so much mayhem, because of their blind and unsubstantiated faith in religion.

Heroes like Mehdiyoun are not amongst us any more, but imagine what Iran would be like today, had the heroic acts of this man and the hundreds like him who tried to save Iran from the clutches of abysmal tyranny would have succeeded.

Mehdiyoun was the son of a wealthy Tabriz merchant. He started his professional life as a dentistry student and for some reason or another switched over and joined the Imperial Iranian Air force. He moved through the ranks and became one of the handful of "Top Gun" F-4 Phantom fighter pilots. Schooled at a US Air Force base in Alabama, during the late 50's and early 60's, his star was on the rise through out his military career.

He was one of the few that the Imperial sovereign could trust. He was considered one of the top 5 commanders of the Air Force. His tenure in the Air Force took him to command positions for the Shahrokhi 3rd tactical air base in Hamadan, and Vahdati 4th Tactical air base in Dezful. His final command position was Commander of the Air Defense Command, or "Padafande Havaie".

Mehdiyoun was a loyal officer, one who had taken an oath to protect and serve the unity of Iran and serve his sovereign to the last drop of blood. This concept unfortunately is foreign to the zealots running Iran to the ground at the moment. Such loyalty and sacrifice stems back to the time of the Great Persian Empire and the Immortal guards of Cyrus the Great.

When His wife was signing the papers to release his lifeless body, a revolutionary guard present at his execution recounted that he never renounced his beliefs. When he was asked to kneel and get ready for his execution, he responded with, "I will never kneel in front of you ..."

Right or wrong, good or bad, we have to agree that commitment, dedication to excellence and the love of Iranian soil drove many of these heroes of Iran's great past. They may never be duplicated and until such time that the Islamic Republic is ruling Iran the armed forces will never be restored to its glorious level it had attained under the leaders of the past. We can concur, that if the Freedom Fighting Forces of the US decide to liberate Iran, many if not all the officers currently serving the regime will abandon their posts in a fraction of the time it took the Arab thugs to do so in Iraq.

I had the honor of knowing this man and experienced first hand his devotion to his oath of office. He was always forthright and candid, and I think that had to do with his Azeri upbringing, and it was his assertiveness and command of those reporting to him, that made the Monarch take a liking to this man.

I have been a sideline observer of the events inside Iran. Now in the post 9/11 world, I can see why actions by the likes of Mehdiyoun are so much part of world history -- not only Iran's. Had his heroic effort been successful, it would have propelled the world and its inhabitants into a much more benign existence. All of us, be it Americans, Iranians and members of other national boundaries, should salute these heroes, as they were set to change the face of history in a more positive wake.

www.anjomane-padeshahi.org
http://aryamehr11.blogspot.com/
Liberator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All of us, be it Americans, Iranians and members of other national boundaries, should salute these heroes, as they were set to change the face of history in a more positive wake.

I salute each and everyone of our country's Imperial Guards (they were all Imperial Guards be it airforce, army, navy, special forces) who were loyal to their country and Shah till the end.
What did the Iranian people give them for their patriotism? Death by islamic courts of the mollah's!

Khaak to saretoon! Treasonous fathers and mothers of '79! Where the hell are you now? You were screaming about "human rights violations" under the Shah but can't you see that whatever wrongdoing went on during the Shah it's not a fraction of what is going on today! Where are you now!

I salute Iran's TRUE patriots who gave their lives trying to save Iran!
May their memories be cherished by all IranLovers forever!

www.anjomane-padeshahi.org
http://aryamehr11.blogspot.com/
Spenta

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a shame that the US was so heavily invested in protecting Khomeini and the Mullah$ under Reagan, who needed Khomeini against the USSR, or else the Nojeh Coup would have succeeded!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: