[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

General Hassan Pakravan: Chief of the State Intelligence

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Victims Of The Regime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: General Hassan Pakravan: Chief of the State Intelligence Reply with quote

Memoirs of Fatemeh Pakravan, Wife of General Hassan Pakravan: Army Officer, Chief of the State Intelligence and Security Organization, Cabinet Minister, and Diplomat edited by Dr. Habib Ladjevardi Harvard Iranian Oral History
General Pakravan who saved Ayatollah Khomeini from execution, executed by the order of Khomeini.

In the final section of her memoirs, Mrs. Pakravan provides details of the arrest, imprisonment, and execution of her husband by the revolutionary court. General Pakravan was taken from his house to an unknown destination. When his son tried to contact him, he was told that the general was “not arrested at all. He is the guest of the ayatollah.” But in fact he was imprisoned shortly after his arrest.

According to a fellow inmate, a few days before his execution, General Pakravan had smiled and said, “It’s funny. I’ve never lived in such conditions even in the army — in such complete denuement [destitution]. I know what’s going to happen to me. It will be the machine gun, but I’ve never felt so [peaceful].”

One of the more fascinating segments of her memoirs is the description of her husband’s weekly luncheons with Ayatollah Khomeini in 1963, when the ayatollah was under house arrest. According to the general, “The ayatollah used to say in this very flowery Eastern way, 'Timsar [General], I count the days until we reach the day of our luncheon.’” He described the ayatollah as, “very handsome. He had extraordinary presence, a power of seduction. He had a great charisma.” They talked about religion, philosophy, and history. The general found “his ignorance in history and philosophy [to be] unbelievable.” He also found him to be very ambitious and secretive. So much so that “it made my hair stand on end. It was frightening,” he told his wife.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Victims Of The Regime All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: