[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Israel's 'first strike' plan against Iran ready!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acidrain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Israel's 'first strike' plan against Iran ready! Reply with quote

Jul. 18, 2004 21:27 | Updated Jul. 18, 2004 22:11
Report: Israel's 'first strike' plan against Iran ready
By DOUGLAS DAVIS

Source:http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1090121780879

Israel has completed military rehearsals for a pre-emptive strike against Iran's nuclear power facility at Bushehr, Israeli officials told the London-based Sunday Times.

Such a strike is likely if Russia supplies Iran with fuel rods for enriching uranium. The rods, currently stored at a Russian port, are expected to be delivered late next year after a dispute over financial terms is resolved.
An Israeli defense source in Tel Aviv, who confirmed that the military rehearsals had taken place, told the paper: "Israel will on no account permit Iranian reactors - especially the one being built in Bushehr with Russian help - to go critical."

The source was also quoted as saying that any strike on the Gulf coast facility at Bushehr would probably be carried out by long-range F-15I jets, overflying Turkey, with simultaneous operations by commandos on the ground.

"If the worst comes to the worst and international efforts fail," the source was quoted as saying, "we are very confident we'll be able to demolish the ayatollahs' nuclear aspirations in one go."

The source noted that the strike could be accompanied by an attack on other targets, including a facility at Natanz, where the Iranians have attempted to enrich uranium, and a plant at Arak, which produces heavy water.

In addition, the paper quoted a senior United States official warning of a pre-emptive Israeli strike if Russia continues cooperating with the Iranians. The Israeli source said Washington was unlikely to block Israeli military action.

The paper also quoted from a classified document on the Iranian threat which was presented to Prime Minister Ariel Sharon earlier this year and which it claims to have seen.

The document, entitled "The Strategic Future of Israel," was reportedly written by four of Israel's senior defense experts and advocated military action against "countries which develop nuclear weapons."

It described Iran as a "suicide nation" and recommended "targeted killings" of members of the country's elite, including its leading nuclear scientists.

Under an Iranian deal with Moscow, waste produced at Bushehr containing plutonium that could be used in bomb-making would be shipped back to Russia for storage.

The procedure is to be supervised by the International Atomic Energy Agency, the nuclear watchdog.

But according to the paper, the material must first cool, providing the Iran with what Washington fears could be up to two years in which to extract the plutonium.

The paper quotes Israeli sources as saying that a quarter of a ton of plutonium could be produced each a year if Bushehr is fully functional, enough for 20 bombs.

Israeli sources acknowledged, added the Sunday Times, that a pre-emptive strike against Iranian nuclear facilities could provoke "a ferocious response," which could involve Lebanese-based rocket attacks on northern Israel or terrorist attacks against Jewish and Israeli targets abroad.

cheers

Acidrain
stefania

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope that Israel won't hit the Mullahs' nukes because this risks to alienate the pro-Israel Iranian population and also create a cycle of revenge by the arab and islamist terrorists which is not in our interest.

I am sure that Israel won't do that because it knows that it's not in his interest althought it has a right to defend itself because the Mullahs are a big threat.

I feel that this is a tactic and a mean to terrorize the Mullahs and make them afraid of their actions.

I doubt that this will happen.

It's like to say : "You want to bomb us with your atomic bomb? we won't allow you to do this,because we are ready to strike first"

This is just to keep the pressure high on the Mullahs.

Sometimes, military threats serve to discourage the enemy.

The US and Israel must keep the pressure on the Mullahs: Israel threatens them through strike on nuke facilities (but it won't and must not do so ) and US threaten to foment mass revolts to overthrow the regime.

The second option must be implemented also through Action not only words.

But this might be the right pressure on the Mullahs.

Again, i hope and also am convinced that Israel won't do this mistake.

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
redemption

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're absolutely right Stefania - your position I agree with 100% Israel should absolutely not launch any strike - this is counteproductive to what we are fighting for. I don't want any Israeli bombings - it wouldn't make sense..
Acidrain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personnally dont want to see this but the Israeli's i dont knwo what they will and wont do! From my studies of the normal people of Iran it isnt a hatred of the US people, as it might be the foriegn policy. I cant believe that the many in Iran can really beleive the Radical Mullahs. After all it isnt the Majles or the President, its the Mullahs that control the other half of the government.

Do you think that perhaps the Mullahs would use Nuke to prove thier point? That fact iam not sure if they would do that, after all Iran isnt a preemptive nation in thier history.

Cheers

Acidrain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: