[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please tell us about abusers of the name: PERSIAN GULF.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> It's "Persian" Gulf Stupid! (NOT Arabian)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is the real name of the gulf south of Iran?
The Persian Gulf
100%
 100%  [ 25 ]
The Arabian Gulf
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Gulf
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 25

Saman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

katkin wrote:
Quote:
I don't think that the word "Arabian" is such a popular name in the US these days.

Can't really argue with that one. Though presently we only get really irritated about the word if it has 'Saudi' in front of it. Razz

Having spent a lot of time explaining to the uneducated on various forums (soon after Sept. 11, 2001) that none of the Afghan groups were 'Arabs', as well as having explained periodically that Iranians are mostly not Arab either, I think I can handle explaining that it's "The Persian Gulf". Rolling Eyes

Sorry about responding to such an old post but I couldn't resist after reading that bit I quoted.

It's a good thing that you posted here. There hasn't been any activities in this part of the forum for a while Wink I agree with what you wrote.
Out of the total population of Iran, roughly 3 % consists of Arabs. I'm a bit reserved in calling them Iranians, since Arabs are in no way a part of the Iranian identity.

The "struggle" for "independence" of "Arabestan" from Iran, enrages me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
salinescape
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:16 pm    Post subject: d Reply with quote

A little spark in this forum I see Smile

I wish we had better news comingout of Iran.. what do you think US is gonna do with the 1.5 million for Iranian opposition within Iran.. maybe they can send students a few hunded pimped up satellite phones - and amp up the volume of news coming out..
Saman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you asking me or katkin? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
keyan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:34 am    Post subject: both Reply with quote

Both of you - hey Saman, how've you been?
Saman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: both Reply with quote

keyan wrote:

I'm fine thank you. School is bugging me though Confused It's a struggle.. How about you?

Regarding the money to the oppostion within Iran, I'm really not sure. What you said seemed a good idea. The question is; how does one smuggle it in and distribute it to the freedom fighters without endangering those who are participating in the fight for freedom. I guess one needs to take risks to reach the goal.
Spenta

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject: Spebnta Reply with quote

Good points Spenta -

!PERSIAN FOREVER BABY FOREVER!!!
salinescape
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: both Reply with quote

I'm sure that those means and connections have been well-established over the years... question is will they be and are they currently being utilized effectively.. I wouldn't doubt that the US Government is already sending stuff in... all I gotta say is lots and lots of satelite phones will do the trick..

best -

Saman wrote:
keyan wrote:

I'm fine thank you. School is bugging me though Confused It's a struggle.. How about you?

Regarding the money to the oppostion within Iran, I'm really not sure. What you said seemed a good idea. The question is; how does one smuggle it in and distribute it to the freedom fighters without endangering those who are participating in the fight for freedom. I guess one needs to take risks to reach the goal.

Sourena

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one from the big man himself.

"I've got very good relations with President Mubarak and Crown Prince Abdullah and the King of Jordan, Gulf Coast countries."
- Bush, confusing the Gulf Coast with the Persian Gulf
Source: Public Papers of the Presidents, "Interview With Print Journalists," June 2, 2003

what an ignoramus (for lack of a better word)
redemption

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: d Reply with quote

Sourena wrote:
Here's one from the big man himself.

"I've got very good relations with President Mubarak and Crown Prince Abdullah and the King of Jordan, Gulf Coast countries."
- Bush, confusing the Gulf Coast with the Persian Gulf
Source: Public Papers of the Presidents, "Interview With Print Journalists," June 2, 2003

what an ignoramus (for lack of a better word)

He has his good days and his bad days.. Smile
Parsi_Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Persian Gulf Reply with quote

You shouldn't ask this , you don't need to ask it at all
you can see the old history books not only iranian but also greeke history

the name was and always be the PERSIAN GULF
redemption

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Persian Gulf Reply with quote

Parsi_Man wrote:
You shouldn't ask this , you don't need to ask it at all
you can see the old history books not only iranian but also greeke history

the name was and always be the PERSIAN GULF

I agree but people tend to forget history which leads to absolute nonsense statemenst.. but I agree with you Parsi_man completely!!!!
9karevatan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this poll is a bit one sided Wink

it will always and forever be the persian gulf................maybe one day the gulf of iran???? Question
nick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: persian gulf for ever Reply with quote

ehya-ye sarzaminhaye as dast raftehe iran peacefuly
Freedom for Iran!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Hello from Jerusalem, Israel, please take out the Mullahs Reply with quote

Take the Persian Gulf, you can even take Quwait if you want
Just please, get lost of the mad ayatollahs
All the west is behind you, and all the sane muslims in the world
I am a Jew from Israel, and even though you might think me as an enemy, I can assure you that I support you dearly
The Ayatollahs are my enemy just like they are yours
Please, get rid of them
free your country
improve your economy
you have the potential to be a great country
just like japan after ww2
democratic with a great economy, mix of culutres
i wish i could come to therean and help the students Crying or Very sad
Saman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Hello from Jerusalem, Israel, please take out the Mullah Reply with quote

Freedom for Iran!!!!! wrote:

I am a Jew from Israel, and even though you might think me as an enemy, I can assure you that I support you dearly

No my friend, we do not consider Jews our enemies. The Jews have always been friends of the Iranian people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> It's "Persian" Gulf Stupid! (NOT Arabian) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: