[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Imminent execution, Fatemeh Haghighat-Pajouh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Imminent execution, Fatemeh Haghighat-Pajouh Reply with quote

PLEASE CONTACT THE EUROPEANS AND STATE DEPT. WHO CALL THE MULLAH'S REGIME A DEMOCRACY - AND DEMAND THIS EXECUTION NOT TAKE PLACE!

Urgent Action, Iran: Imminent execution, Fatemeh Haghighat-Pajouh

October 08, 2004
Amnesty International
Urgent Actions
http://web.amnesty.org/library/Index/ENGMDE130402004

PUBLIC
AI Index: MDE
13/040/2004
UA 281/04 Imminent execution
07 October 2004

IRAN Fatemeh Haghighat-Pajouh (f) aged 33

Fatemeh Haghighat-Pajouh has reportedly been sentenced to death for the murder of her husband, who allegedly tried to rape her then 15 year old daughter from a previous marriage. She is reportedly at risk of imminent execution.

According to a 6 October report in the Iranian newspaper E’temad, Fatemeh Haghighat-Pajouh murdered her husband in 1997. At her trial she alleged that her husband, identified as a 30 year old man named Bahman, was a drug addict, who had been overtly interested in her 15-year-old daughter. She also told the trial judge that Bahman had said he had lost the girl in a gambling match. When she later discovered that he had tried to rape the girl, she killed him.

It is not known when Fatemeh Haghighat-Pajouh was arrested. According to the report in E’temad, the sentence has been upheld by the Supreme Court, although it is not known when. In Iran, all death sentences have to be approved by the Supreme Court before they can be implemented. The E’temad report states that her execution is expected to take place in the next few days.

BACKGROUND INFORMATION

Amnesty International opposes the death penalty as the ultimate cruel, inhuman and degrading punishment, in violation of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR), to which Iran is a state party. Article 6 of the ICCPR states: In countries which have not abolished the death penalty, sentence of death may be imposed only for the most serious crimes.

AI Index: MDE 13/040/2004 7 October 2004

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please Spread this piece to the world using every mean you can .

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Scooter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefania wrote:
Please Spread this piece to the world using every mean you can .

I'll post to my blog.
stefania

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some hour ago, i met some members of Amnesty International outside a shop which were collecting signatures to try to save the life of those at risk of imminent execution in Iran.

I signed and we started talking about Iran.

I noticed that they also thought that reforms are possible in Iran and that Khatami is a "moderate"..

It took 20 minutes before they said :" Yes, we see..."

yog1243

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop this execution government of Iran.If you carry on the whole world is watching you.I'm going to post this in my blog too to be praying that it will not happen the execution.
9karevatan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we cant let her be excecuted like this Crying or Very sad
mikhanam
payande baadi IRANam!!!!!!!
Scooter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefania wrote:
Some hour ago, i met some members of Amnesty International outside a shop which were collecting signatures to try to save the life of those at risk of imminent execution in Iran.

I signed and we started talking about Iran.

I noticed that they also thought that reforms are possible in Iran and that Khatami is a "moderate"..

It took 20 minutes before they said :" Yes, we see..."

That's the problem with these lefties, they hear "government regulation" or "government intervention" or "the Iranian government says Khatami is moderate" and thus, it must be true. Oy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: