[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Referendum AFTER Islamic Republic of Iran
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Petitions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Referendum AFTER Islamic Republic of Iran Reply with quote

Source: http://www.70000000.com/

To: Iran of Tomorrow Movement
By signing this petition, I agree to the following:

Free, open and democratic referendum to elect the type of the new Government of Iran in the post-IRI era.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

Click here to sign this petition.

View Current Signatures
------------------------------------------------------------------------

ActivistChat Supports The Above Petition By http://www.70000000.com and REJECTS THE BOGUS PETITION LISTED AT: 60000000.com

To: All Freedom-Loving Compatriots (Right, Left and Center) A Timely Warning Against New Sham Referendum Game being played by the EU Big 3 to help the terrorist Mullahs stay in power!

Why ActivistChat.com rejects the petition from 60000000.com?

Comprehensive list of facts regarding Islamist Clerical Regime of Iran and Islamist Terrorists and why we can not accept anything less than regime change. History will never forget the following facts:

The Iranian people have clearly rejected the Islamist regime by overwhelmingly (90%) boycotting the Mullah's last election. The BOYCOTT WAS A TRUE REFERENDUM AGAINST THE MULLAHS THAT THEY MUST GIVE UP THE POWER AND So FAR THEY HAVE NOT GIVEN ANY INDICATION THAT THEY ARE WILLING TO STEP DOWN AND GIVE UP POWER IN A PEACEFUL MANNER!
EU Big 3 ignored the legitimate rights of Iranian people and their demands, they negotiated with the Regime and signed contracts with illegitimate Islamist Regime.
The Feb 2004 election/boycott is the latest and best example that the Mullahs are not willing to give up peacefully while the EU Big 3 are supporting them. So far the EU Big 3 has shown that they are the enemy of Iranian freedom, and the Iranian people. The EU Big 3 have used many tricks and tactics to keep the Mullahs in power as long as possible.

1) Over the past 26 years the Islamic regime's agents, courts, judges and vigilantes have all committed acts of: murder, stoning, torture, assault, theft, destruction of property, arson, perjury, falsification of testimonials and material evidence, illegal surveillance, kidnapping, rape, blackmail, fraud, obstruction of justice, conspiracy to commit all of the above crimes, cover-ups and every other form of butchery and depredation.

2) Islamic Clerical Regime of Iran is illegitimate and unfit to govern and must be forced to step down immediately before FREE Referendum .

3) All top level regime officials should be investigated and prosecuted by respected International Courts for genocide and many other crimes against humanity. After Regime Change a new well respected Iranian court must be formed to investigate and punish Islamist Officials for Crime against humanity in past 26 years. ( A Plea for Justice Against Mullahs for over 30,000 death – Bam Earthquake Genocide )

4 ) November 12, 2004 - Kaveh Habibi-Nejad a 14-year-old schoolboy ‘flogged to death' by Islamist Regime of Iran in Sanadaj / Iran, for “eating in public” during the Islamic month of Ramadan. For Details see (http://activistchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4477)

5 ) November 3, 2004 - Filmmaker Theo van Gogh was shot dead on an Amsterdam street on Tuesday morning. His assailant was a Dutch Moroccan who was wearing traditional Islamic clothing. After shooting van Gogh several times, he stabbed him repeatedly, slit his throat with a butcher knife, and left a note containing verses from the Qur'an on the body. For details visit (http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=15800)

6 ) August 15, 2004 - A 16 year old teenage girl by the name of Ms. Atefe Rajabi, was executed in the town of Neka, Iran, for “engaging in acts incompatible with chastity”. The execution was carried out by the order of Neka's “judicial administrator” and was approved by both the Supreme Court of the Islamic Republic and the chief of the nation's “judiciary branch.” ( http://activistchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3661)

7 ) June 24, 2003 - Ms. Zahra Kazemi, an Iranian-Canadian photojournalist, was arrested on June 23, 2003 and was savagely and barbarically, raped and beaten to death by Islamic regime officials. ( http://activistchat.com/petition2.html)

8 ) Septemeber 11, 2001 - four U.S. Civilian planes hijacked by Saudi Arabian Islamist terrorists crashed into the Civilian World Trade Center, the Pentagon and a field in Pennsylvania killing nearly 3,000 people in a matter of hours.

11 ) In 1994, Nobel Prizewinning novelist Naguib Mahfouz, was stabbed in 1994 after accusations of blasphemy.

12 ) August 8, 1992 - Dr. Fereydoun Farokhzad (PHD in Political Science) stabbed and beheaded with a knife on 8th August 1992, in Bonn, Germany by the Islamist Clerical Regime of Iran. He was a great Entertainer and trained many great Iranian singers currently living in LA

13 ) In 1992, the Egyptian writer Faraj Foda was murdered by Muslims enraged at his “apostasy” from Islam — another offense for which traditional Islamic law prescribes the death penalty.

14 ) August 6, 1991 - Prime Minister Dr. Shapur Bakhtiar was murdered by the agents of the Islamic Republic Mafia with knife in his Paris home. What the regime did not realize is that they will never kill his ideas. As a firm opponent of all totalitarian rule, he volunteered for service with the French Resistance and served in the "Orlean" battalion in WWII. France sold his hero and soul to cheap oil and contracts from Islamic Mafia.

15 ) May 8, 1980 - Dr. Farokhrou Parsa executed by Islamist Regime. Dr. Forokhrou Parsa who was a medical doctor was the first Iranian woman who became Minister of Education. During her tenure as the Minister of education, Millions of female students attended universities and schools and enjoyed the same rights as their male counterparts.

16 ) In 1964 Prime Minister Hassan-Ali Mansour assassinated by Islamists and Rafsanjani in his book claimed reponsibility.

17 ) In 1947, the Iranian lawyer Ahmad Kasravi was murdered in court by Islamic radicals; Kasravi was there to defend himself against charges that he had attacked Islam. Four years later 1951 , members of the same radical Muslim group, Fadayan-e Islam, assassinated Iranian Prime Minister Haji-Ali Razmara after a group of Muslim clerics issued a fatwa calling for his death.

18 ) 18-Tir University Students Uprising Massacre By Mullahs ( http://activistchat.com/petition5.html)

19 ) Over 400 Terror of Iranian opposition outside Iran by Mullahs in Europe.

20 ) 67 Massacre By Mullahs (koshtar-e 67) About Author Dr. Masud Ansari-: BA, MA, Ph.D., D.C.H., F.C.H., He is the author of 25 books on psychology, philosophy, law, political science, and theology. The book 67 Massacre contains the list of 4835 First and Last Name political prisoners executed by Repressive Mafia Clerical regime in Iran within less than few days and also contains list of 75 political Prison officials and torture. ISBN 0-9607984-8-

21 )
Iranian Air Force Top Gun Hero General Ayat Mohagheghi (executed by clerical regime in July 1980) with 250 of our best military personnel & none military, including 50 pilots were arrested & put on show trial & executed by Islamic executioner (Britain played an important role to neutralize the Iranian Air Force uprising) ( http://activistchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=479)

22 ) 1978 Islamist Holy Crime - Cinema Rex Abadan Fire 400 killed By Khomeni Decree Cinema Rex doors blocked by Islamic Cleric mercenaries closed and gasoline has been used to set the fire! 400 killed in Cinema Rex Abadan Fire
(http://www.holycrime.com/CrimeTerror4.asp)

Ayatollah Khamenehei (Hadj Abdollah) 1979 Connected to Holy Crime Cinema Rex Abadan Fire

http://www.alefbe.com/borudjerdirex6.htm

23 ) Sending 100,0000 of Iranian Childern to Iraqi minefield while 100,000 of Mullahs are driving Mercedes and enjoyed good life during 8 years bloody war with Iraq.

24 ) Who is responsible for million death in Iran - Iraq War?

25 ) Who is responsible for destruction of Iranian cities?

70,000,000 Iranian people have the best proven record of fighting against Islamic Fanatics, in the past 26 years and despite the heavy losses they have incurred (100,000 + executions, imprisonment, rape and torture!), Iranians continue to fight against and resist the Islamists even as the EU big 3 and some of G8 governments are directly and indirectly supporting the Islamist regime of Iran for their short term interest. Over 90% of Iranian people are against the Isalmist Terror Masters , the Iranian people can be considered as the best and most experienced fighting force against Islamists . [/b]

Wake UP freedom-loving Iranian Opposition Groups
Is this another EU Big 3 scheme/plot against the freedom-loving Iranian people (as well as American people) to divide Iranian opposition groups who currently stand united against the MULLAHS in order to help sustain the terrorist regime for another few years - in order to exploit the country of Iran and maximize all business ties??
We will ever forget!

REJECT The Petition from 60000000.com and ask those who originally started this petition what their position is regarding the facts we have presented above! No group or website should expect to receive the support and respect of the Iranian and American people if they serving the interest of the Mullahs "Virus of Iranian society" or serving the interest of the EU Big 3 who have plundered the Iranian nation over the past 26 years by using the Mullahs virus against the freedom-loving Iranian people.

How can you defend the murder, rape and slavery of Iranian children at the hands of the Mullahs?

What is your answer to the barbaric acts against women who have been stoned to death by Islamist Mullahs?

What is your answer to the 9 year old virgin girl who was raped the night before her execution by Islamist Mullahs?

The Iranian people have clearly rejected the Islamist regime by overwhelmingly (90%) boycotting the Mullah's last election. The BOYCOTT WAS A TRUE REFERENDUM AGAINST THE MULLAHS AND THEY HAVE NOT GIVEN ANY INDICATION THAT THEY ARE WILLING TO STEP DOWN AND GIVE UP POWER IN A PEACEFUL MANNER!

The Feb 2003 election/boycott is the latest and best example that the Mullahs are not willing to give up peacefully while the EU Big 3 are support them. The EU Big 3 is the enemy of Iranian freedom, the Iranian people and they will use any tricks and tactics to keep the Mullahs in power.

ActivistChat Team

Activist Student Leader Interview From Iran (Persian)
http://tofoiran.packdeal.com/clips/Iman-Special/20041202-Manouchehr-Mohammadi-06.asx
http://tofoiran.packdeal.com/clips/Iman-Special/20041202-Manouchehr-Mohammadi-225.asx
http://tofoiran.packdeal.com/clips/Iman-Special/20041202-Manouchehr-Mohammadi-30.asx

Quote:

------------------- Activist Dr. Ramin Etebar Comment -----------------------

It is the duty of every citizen according to his best capacities to give validity to his convictions in political affairs.
Albert Einstein

Dear Mr. Mehr

With all due respect, I disagree. Rather than calling ‘making fun of the subject”, I think it is more appropriate to recognizing it as agonizing over the issue.
Suppose that the UN, CIA, MI6, KGB, Mossad, EU and others have come up with this plan to demand a referendum from the IRI, “accepted by the international community”, and 60million signatures are collected.

Suppose that IRI accepts, a referendum is conducted and the mullahs with all their trickery win! Then what? Doesn’t this give them legitimacy?

Suppose that IRI rejects or looses in the referendum, then what? Do you believe that the people will be allowed to come out and object?
Iran is not Ukraine my friend. People there can object because they have a democratic system. In the case of Iran; it will be People VS. God!
How many people has IRI killed in the name of god and religion?
Suppose that this “popular movement” fails like the Hakha movement. Doesn’t this add to the peoples’ desperation and apathy? Doesn’t these repeated

unplanned movements and failures psychologically devastated people’s mind and send the subliminal massage to people that they can not win against the IRI?
When are we going to learn to do things systematically? When did we get together in a conference room, brain stormed and played out these different scenarios?
What about the secularity issue? Are the sponsors afraid to even bring it up since some of them live in Iran?
On my optimistic side I see this as a half-assed movement that ultimately would benefit the regime for the reasons listed above and buys it some time with the wait and see attitude”.
Since announcement of this petition, I have written them several times rendering opinions and asking for clarification on the time frame
of conducting this referendum. As of yet I have not received an answer. They have no answers!
On my darker side I see this as an IRI conspiracy to sustain the regime. The reformist movement deceived our nation and prolonged the regime’s life for an additional 8 years.
This will not happen again.
We shall call for massive civil disobedience, strikes and uproot the regime. Once that is accomplished, under a free and democratic setting we will conduct a referendum to choose our future form of government.

Last but not least, our opposition has not done a thing to threaten the fundamentals of the regime. Instead they are stuck in the 1953 battle of the 28 Amordad.
This is not acceptable. The political fossils should shape up or ship out!

This is a stern warning from the people of Iran, the silent majority. We will not tolerate the sustenance of the regime due to neither stupidity nor conspiracy.

Sincerely,
Ramin Etebar,MD

-------------------------------------------------------

Please Support the following petition with clear steps for Regime Change:

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO WIN THE WAR ON TERROR - THE WAR IS UNWINNABLE AS LONG AS THE MULLAHS ARE IN POWER - SUPPORT THE IRANIAN PEOPLE AND REAP THE REWARDS OF A FREE IRAN WITH 70 MILLION IRANIANS WHO WILL FIGHT ALONGSIDE THE FORCES OF FREEDOM AND AGAINST THE ISLAMIST FANATICS!!

PETITION: TRUE SECURITY BEGINS WITH REGIME CHANGE IN IRAN

Sign this Petition Online
View Current Signatures Online

Last edited by cyrus on Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:10 pm; edited 48 times in total
stefania

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyrus

I am gonna post it on my blog

Ba Sepaas

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a bit confused Rolling Eyes

who is endorsing this petition and who's not..

and is it worth endorsing it ?

Rolling Eyes Question

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ViaHHakimi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: Is this the Referendum which will bring real change ? Reply with quote

ِDear Shahla,

You are absolutely right with your assessment of this sham referendum proposal.They are trying hard to legitimise the murderous theocratic regime.
It is such a big idiocy to think that we do not see what lies behind this Referendum. Nobody is going to be fooled save the ones who have started it.
Shame on Shahin Fatemi & his Iran va Jahan for publishing such an idiotic Betrayal article. This man has gone nuts to think that his readers are idiots to fall for such a sham!

Best wishes & regards,
Hashem

---

Dear Friends,

In my opinion, this referendum (forwarded below) leaves much to be desired. Changing the present constitution to get rid of the all-powerful 'velayat faghid' while holding the referendum with the present regime in power, will legitimize them in ways that do not meet the eye at first glance. Even if this is an internationally supervised referendum, not much will change. The only way should be a referendum AFTER the mullahs are out of the picture, while a caretaker/interim SECULAR government runs the country. A new constitution should be dealt with once this interim and secular group is in place, with the participation of the people's representatives and constitutional scholars who have the benefit of all of Iran in mind.
This present movement for a 'referendum' lacks legitimacy. I don't believe that it really represent the majority of the Iranian people's wishes. It is implicit in 'hidden meaning' that Shahzadeh Reza Pahlavi's hopes and aspirations for the country and its citizens are the same. Unfortunately I can see him, unawares of the manipulation and ( if he signs on ) use of his name, get involved in this scheme. He will then lose his 'above reproach' reputation and the good-will of the Iranian people, especially the majority of the younger generation inside and outside the country !

As usual, the sly and savvy present regime and their cronies, some good but miss-led personalities, and especially many apologists for the regime ( who wish only for some minor changes) are finding a new way to keep their show going, to the detriment of the majority and for the benefit of a minority.
We should not fall into this oft-repeated dangerous game.
Just my personal opinion.

Shahla Samii
---
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Referendum AFTER Islamic Republic of Iran Reply with quote

Source: http://www.70000000.com/

To: Iran of Tomorrow Movement
By signing this petition, I agree to the following:

Free, open and democratic referendum to elect the type of the new Government of Iran in the post-IRI era.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

Click here to sign this petition.

View Current Signatures
stefania

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cyrus.

I signed THIS petition

Ba Sepaas

cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Fool Me Once, Shame On you! Fool Me Twice- Amir Fassihi M.D. Reply with quote

Fool Me Once, Shame On you! Fool Me Twice, Shame on Me...
By Amir Fassihi M.D.

Some are attempting to recreate the reform movement through a referendum overseen by the Islamic Republic…

Fooled me once…

In 1997, I was one of the 26 million people who saw no other exit strategy for the Islamic Republic but through internal reforms. Rafsanjani was nearing an end of an 8 year run on power where he had consolidated his forces, money and strength. The intelligence ministry was a feared entity not unlike the SAVAK 20 years before it. Clinton administration was non-confrontational and the world was looking to end the impasse with the Islamic Republic.

The end goal of mine and the 26 million others who voted for Khatami was to create a division within the regime and to somehow exploit the division for the benefits of Iran.

The end goal was sincere. But the method to get there and the tools used were inadequate.

Rafsanjani/ Khamenei coalition soon crushed the movement. They destroyed the student movement violently and closed more than 70 news papers. The forces behind this change were dispersed, sent to prison or fled the country.

The tools used to make this change were either destroyed and were proven to be incapable.

Looking back, we can learn one thing from what happened: Rafsanjani and Khamanei will use any force necessary to stay in power. To unseat them, they need to be confronted. Confrontation needs to be non-violent; however, a confrontation and a forceful exit nevertheless.

To the politicians, academicians, intellectuals and writers who made up the 2nd of Khordad movement and who let me down, who let the students down, who let Iran down: Shame On You!!!

Fool Me Twice, Shame on Me!!!

Some of those same leaders, the self-claimed intellectuals and philosophers once again want you and me to follow them down a path.

This time, their plan is once again with a sincere and respectable goal of a civil and democratic society , but again there are some flaws in this plan:

Their plan is to gather up all the countries forces and people. Force Islamic Republic to hold a referendum to change the constitution. And once the constitution is changed, ask Mr Khamenei and Rafsanjani to politely step down per requirements of the new constitution.

They are really hyped up about step 1) Referendum. They also talk about step 2) Changing the Constitution. But for step three, there is not much talk.

They’re just assuming that Mr Rafsanjani and Mr Khamenei will say :”Thank you very much, it was nice to be your leader, but now since the constitution has no role for me, I will step down as requested.”.

An Iranian referendum cannot be vague on its wording in regards to democracy and freedom. It cannot only hint at separating religion from state. It must be direct and to the point. The referendum must be forceful and include the elimination of the Islamic Republic and the separation of religion from governemnt.

The leaders of this movement have a decent plan, without being able to see two or three steps down the line. The weakness of this plan is both in lack of planning for the steps down the line, as well as its inability to look at the world around and distinguish the position of Iran today as compared to 1996.

In today’s world, the Islamic Republic is at a dead end. The political pressure for the nuclear issue is immense. The economy, unlike 1996 (at the end of a 6 year borrow and spend boom) is at a halt with no serious hope for a rebound. Taliban is gone in the East, Saddam is gone on the west and replaced by American forces. And lastly, an American president who’s made “Greater Middle East Plan” a central goal of his administration has just replaced his dovish Secretary of State with the architect of the Soviet downfall.

With all this going on, some are calling for a referendum where steps 2 and 3 are not only unclear, but unknown, not clearly planned and a source of easy manipulation by the Islamic Republic.

If I sign this petition, I will be pushing for a plan with no clear outlines of what needs to be done and if I get fooled again with an incomplete plan, Shame on Me!!!

This plan may force IRI, just prior to the presidential elections and as a last option, to drop its opposition to barring candidates from running and allow someone like "Mohsen Sazgara", one of its sponsors to run for president. Then what, "Hamoon Asho , Hamoon Kase...".
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: VOA: The regime of the mullahs in Iran is ready to fall Reply with quote

Iran Nuclear Program: Analysts Argue Nature of Regime Poses Higher Risk By Ed Warner
Washington
29 November 2004

The regime of the mullahs in Iran is ready to fall, says Assad Homayoun. Let's give it a timely push.

Dr. Assad Homayoun

Source VOA : http://www.voanews.com/english/NewsAnalysis/2004-11-29-voa27.cfm

An Iranian opposition leader in the United States whose sources inside Iran may be second to none, Mr. Homayoun has little patience with efforts to conciliate or compromise with the government in Tehran.

Westerners, he insists, are misled by the religiously inclined but ineffectual reformists associated with President Khatami. The Iranian future does not lie with them, he says, but with the growing coalition of secular nationalist forces that favor democracy.

"I believe that the solution is in the hands of the Iranian people, but the Iranian people need support," says Mr. Homayoun. "The United States should come enthusiastically, vigorously, openly in support of the Iranian people. President Bush supported Iranians before, but different voices from different branches of the administration confused the Iranian people."

Mr. Homayoun writes in the CIPA journal: "What the secular force needs is legitimization through recognition - not financial or covert assistance but rather the unconditional moral and political support of the world democratic community."

Mr. Homayoun traces the spread of Islamic militant fundamentalism to the regime in Iran. Remove that, he says, and you may stop the spread of terrorism as well.

"Nothing will be peaceful in the Middle East," says Mr. Homayoun, "unless the government of Iran changes its position, but change of position means change of government from theocracy to secular democratic government."

Mr. Homayoun says Tehran seeks nuclear weapons not so much to threaten other nations as to shore up internal support for its own shaky government. In fact, citing the work of Washington strategic analyst Yossef Bodansky, he believes Iran already has acquired nuclear warheads from the Muslim areas of the former Soviet Union and possibly from North Korea.

So the military option is out. An attack on Iran would have unfathomable consequences, he says, and besides, change must come from within untainted by material help from abroad. He writes in WorldTribune.com that if attacked, "Iran is advanced in various fields of WMD, and those weapons could fall into the hands of radicals and terrorist groups and create problems much more extensive than those today in Iraq."
stefania

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and the U.N. bless Iran's march toward a nuclear weapon

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110005965

Wednesday, December 1, 2004 12:01 a.m. EST

So the International Atomic Energy Agency adopts a resolution Monday holding Iran to a "non-legally binding," "voluntary" and "confidence-building" commitment to suspend its uranium enrichment program. Tehran immediately declares it will abide by the agreement for no more than a few months. And our European friends tell us it's a triumph of their tough-minded but subtly adaptive brand of diplomacy.

In the words of fashion philosophe Kenneth Cole, Are they putting us on?

Because Iran's endless gaming of the IAEA is fast becoming a story of short memories getting shorter, it's useful to recap the events of just the past two weeks. In mid-November, Tehran finalized an agreement with Britain, France and Germany to suspend its uranium-enrichment program--crucially and explicitly including the use of uranium-enriching centrifuges. In exchange, Europe promised not to refer the Islamic Republic's known and suspected breaches of the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty to the U.N. Security Council, which could impose economic sanctions.

No sooner was the ink dry on that agreement than Iran rushed to convert 22 tons of uranium ore into uranium hexafluoride gas, which can be enriched to weapons-grade levels. Then Iran proceeded to demand that it be allowed to operate 20 centrifuges, ostensibly for the purposes of research and development. On this point, however, the Europeans held firm, Iran relented, and the IAEA resolution was passed. But not before Iran obtained some further watering-down of the resolution's language.
Even without the 20 centrifuges, the Iranian-European entente is a triumph for Tehran. It gives the mullahs diplomatic cover against the U.S. It implies a promise of open-ended European economic, technical and political aid. And it gives Iran the right to restart its nuclear programs at any moment without even being in technical breach of the IAEA resolution. All this without even touching Iran's undeclared and illicit nuclear programs, which are active and numerous and mostly beyond the IAEA's capacity to monitor.

For all this, it's possible the Europeans really do believe they've struck a credible bargain. The Bush Administration can hardly be so persuaded. In a speech to the IAEA Board of Governors, U.S. Ambassador Jackie Sanders noted that Monday's resolution was the sixth of its kind passed since September 2003, and that in nearly all cases IAEA demands remained "unmet" or "unresolved."

"Iran has repeatedly demonstrated bad faith," she said, "and the United States has long lost any illusions that Iran's ultimate intentions are peaceful." Nevertheless, the United States went along with the IAEA resolution.

Part of the reason for this, no doubt, is a personal concession by President Bush to his Iraq ally Tony Blair, who has his own domestic reasons for supporting the diplomatic track. But the Administration also seems to hope, and perhaps expect, that the Iranians are bound to again renege in some obvious way on their commitments, and probably sooner than later. At that point, presumably, the President's debt to the Prime Minister will have been paid, and a chagrined Europe will have no choice but to refer the matter to the U.N. Security Council.

Then again, if the Europeans haven't been embarrassed by Iran's six previous compliance failures, why should a seventh be different? Tony Blair may yet be brought aboard, but it is hard to see the rest of the Security Council doing so. The aggregate value of French exports to Iran amounts to $2.4 billion, not a huge sum but double what it was five years ago. Russia is building Iran's Bushehr nuclear power plant. As for China, it gets 13.6% of its oil from Iran; the Chinese state-owned oil giant Sinopec was recently invited by Tehran to develop the huge Yadavaran gas field.

These countries are not going to line up behind sanctions under any circumstances, no matter how conclusive the evidence of Iranian malfeasance. They worry more about losing contracts than they do about an Iranian Bomb. The sooner the Administration admits this, the sooner it can escape the IAEA trap and begin to assess its options realistically.

One such option is to provide active and serious support for Iranian opposition groups, as the U.S. did with Poland's Solidarity movement in the 1980s. The Iranian people may or may not like the idea of a Persian bomb, but they are, broadly speaking, the most pro-American in the Muslim world and they despise the clique of clerics who have squelched democratic reform while presiding over a sinking economy.

Such support is right in itself but it can also give the U.S. indirect leverage with the regime on the nuclear issue. Of course, it would help if the Administration finally made up its own mind about how--or indeed whether--it seriously intends to stop the world's leading state sponsor of terrorism from becoming its 10th nuclear power.

stefania

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People

I am so confused

Why do some important activists have signed the 60000000000 Petition ??

I am soooo confused

But i signed the 70000000000 Petition

Pasagarde

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefania wrote:
People

I am so confused

Why do some important activists have signed the 60000000000 Petition ??

I am soooo confused

But i signed the 70000000000 Petition

One says referendum...the other says referendum only after regime change.

Koroush Kabir
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pasagarde wrote:
60000000.com has been filtered in Iran

This is a stupid game by Islamist regime, all the facts about 60000000.com will be out soon.
We are not approving any advertising for this site here.
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Who is going to give answer for the following Achievements? Reply with quote

Who is going to give answer for the following Islamist Regime Achievements?

Islamic Republic Achievements:
1. Execution, flogging, stoning and amputation of limbs in public.
2. Mass killings of political prisoners.
3. Assassination of political dissidents outside of Iran.
4. Political serial killings in Iran.
5. Construction of many new prisons holding thousands of political prisoners.
6. Political oppression.
7. Promotion of international and domestic terrorism.
8. Violation of human rights in every category.
9. Lack of civil liberties.
10. Improvement and growth of Iran's Cemeteries.
11. Killing and imprisonment of journalists.
12. Violation of women's rights.
13. Censorship and closure of publications.
14. Forcing Iranians to flee the country resorting in five million refugees throughout the world and "brain drain".
15. Oppression of religious minorities.
16. Filtering the internet.
17. Jamming out of country satellite TV and radio stations.
18. Stealing Iran's wealth by the Mullahs and transfer of funds to abroad.
19. Destruction of Iran's Economy.
20. Widespread poverty throughout Iran.
21. Severe Inflation.
22. Devaluation of Iranian Rial.
23. Increase in unemployment.
24. Increase in the crime rate.
25. Promotion of corruption, prostitution and addiction.
26. Housing crisis in Iran.
27. Malnutrition, retarded growth and increased rate of depression among Iranian youth.
28. Public health crisis in Iran.
29. Making Iran an international "embarrassment".
30. 1979 Occupation of the US Embassy in Tehran and holding hostages for 444 days.
31. Conflict with neighboring countries.
32. Iran-Iraq War resulting in millions dead, wounded, handicapped and homeless.
33. Destruction of Iran's Airline Industry.
34. Causing economic sanctions against Iran.
35. Producing weapon's of mass destruction.
36. Inability to get Iran's fair share of natural resources from Caspian Sea.
37. Promoting regional conflicts in the Middle East.
38. Destruction of Iran's industries.
39. Lack of technological advancements.
40. Air and environmental pollution crisis in Iran.
41. Destruction of Iran’s agriculture.
42. Destructions of fine arts, theater, cinema and music in Iran.
43. Promoting Islamic Fundamentalism.
44. Closure of Iranian Universities under cultural revolution for three years.
45. Attacking University campuses to kill and crack down on students.
46. Violating the constitution of the "Islamic Republic".
47. Hiring hooligans to beat and crack down on Iranian citizens.
48. Improving and selling contraband by regimes elements for additional income.
49. Selling Iranian women as sex slaves in the United Arab Emarets.
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumsfeld:'Thus Far' Bush is Using Diplomacy with Iran

December 03, 2004
Dow Jones Newswires
Dow Jones

NEW YORK -- U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld said Thursday that "obviously" President George W. Bush has "decided thus far" to use diplomacy in dealing with Iran's nuclear programs.

In an interview to be aired Thursday night on Fox News, Rumsfeld said the U.S. is trying to work with European allies and the U.N. to keep pressure on the Iranians "to behave differently with respect to their nuclear programs."

Rumsfeld said that at this stage it's necessary to continue to put pressure on Iran, and "it's up to the countries of the United Nations to decide what kind of steps they may or may not want to take."

The U.S. has questioned Iran's nuclear intentions and is worried that Tehran is trying to produce nuclear materials for weapons.

At one point in the interview with Fox News, Rumsfeld was asked "we can't let a North Korea develop in Iran, can we?" - a reference to North Korea's suspected possession of nuclear weapons.

"The Iranians are making a lot of mistakes, let me just put it that way," Rumsfeld replied.

He said they were "notably unhelpful in Afghanistan and they're notably unhelpful in Iraq."

Rumsfeld said he hoped that "over time" there would be a change in Iran. He said it was a country with an educated population "being managed by a small handful of clerics in a way that is basically unacceptable" to the people.

"That is not a stable situation," the defense secretary told Fox News.

stefania

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brownback's Iran, North Korea, Egypt Provisions Pass Senate in Omnibus Spending Bill

Funds pro-democracy and human rights efforts, directs funds to approved organizations
Wednesday, December 1, 2004
http://brownback.senate.gov/pressapp/record.cfm?id=228667

WASHINGTON – U.S. Senator Sam Brownback today applauded passage of three amendments he authored in the Omnibus Appropriations bill under State Department and foreign operations funding. The amendments appropriate and direct pro-democracy and human rights funding in Iran, North Korea and Egypt.

The bill directs $3 million for pro-democracy efforts in Iran, $2 million for a human rights conference on North Korea, and redirects pro-democracy funding in Egypt to the United States Agency for International Development without prior approval of the government of Egypt.

“We must take proactive steps to promote democracy and human rights abroad,” Brownback said. “North Korea and Iran, the remaining members of the Axis of Evil, are focal points for anti-American, anti-democracy, anti-freedom, pro-terrorist efforts around the world. We will bring key leaders and stakeholders together to map out how we can bring freedom to the people of Iran and North Korea. I am also happy that we are able to redirect pro-democracy funding for Egypt to an appropriate forum. It is an abuse of taxpayer funds to have these funds spent at the discretion of the government of Egypt.”

The Omnibus bill includes $2 million for an International Conference on North Korean Human Rights. This conference will bring together experts as well as human rights advocates and non-governmental organizations, for the purpose of discussing steps to address human rights for North Koreans living under the Kim Jong-Il regime. The conference will be held in South Korea and hosted by Freedom House.

With respect to Iran, the bill funds $3 million for programs that promote democracy. A portion can be used for funding a conference in the United States to bring together Iranian dissident groups, human rights advocates, and non-governmental organizations to discuss the state of the democracy movement and human rights in Iran.

The Egyptian government is currently the only government in the world that has discretion over the manner in which U.S. funding for democracy programs is spent. The Brownback amendment will give USAID the same authority in Egypt as it has everywhere else in the world: the discretion to control and oversee how American funds for democracy programs are used. There is currently no mechanism in place to ensure that the government of Egypt appropriately allocates such funds for democracy promotion.

Brownback is a member of the Senate Appropriations Committee, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and chairman of the East Asia Subcommittee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Petitions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: