[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> It's "Persian" Gulf Stupid! (NOT Arabian)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which is it?
Sea of Oman
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
Arabian Sea
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Sourena

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Sea Reply with quote

This is a bit off-topic but I am somewhat confused by the name of the Sea to the east of the Persian Gulf. Is it the Sea of Oman, or the Arabian Sea? The Arabian Sea doesn't make sense since it is nowhere even close to Arabia, but i've heard it used very often.
Hoi Persai

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a stab. Wink I believe that the water you are talking about is the Indian Ocean. The Arabian Sea is also called the Red Sea.
irani

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm...how is thoose geography clases going???

To the east of the Persian Gulf there is the Strait of Hormuz (Tangeye Hormuz). To the east of the strait and on the north coast of Oman we have the Gulf of Oman (aka the Sea of Oman, which used to be a part of the Persian gulf.!)

To the east of the Gulf of Oman and the east/southeast of the Arabian peninsula there is the Arabian Sea, The Indian Ocean is the name used collectively for the Arabian and other seas in that area.

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/maps/xo-map.gif

To the West of the Arabian Sea, between the Arabian peninsula and the African continent lies the Read sea, which has nothing to do with the arabian sea of today, but before it used to be called the arabian sea.
anusiya

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the Arabian sea was on the west coast of india?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> It's "Persian" Gulf Stupid! (NOT Arabian) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: