[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about Iranian Constitution and Guardian Council?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acidrain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Question about Iranian Constitution and Guardian Council? Reply with quote

Iam sure that the Mullahs Guardian Council will find some why to say no, well it wont be a surprise because the Mullahs aren’t an elected body, nor is the Guardian Council which is ill-legitimate yet has all the power. The Guardian Council and the Mullahs and Supreme leader are the real power behind the government with saying that the Majles (congress) has power when this Guardian Council can veto, which isn’t elected!!! I hope the Reformers all the luck in their pursuit of democratic process and the removal of the Mullahs and the ill-Legitmate Mullahs that arent elected.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I said this above and someone responded with this, how do i respond to something like this? My understanding of the Governement of Iran and how it is setup is basically cancelling out of the President and the Majlies with the Guardian Council, Supreme leader and the other really control the government. How do i argue this? Becuase iam sorry i dont see the Guardian Council or the Supreme leader as legitmate governement of Iran, moreless an uncountable positions by the Mullahs.

----------------------------------------------------------
Response by the other to my above statement.

The Guardian Council is not illegitimate. Have you read Iran's constitution and how these positions are obtained? Believe it or not, it's all legal and covered in the constitution.

http://www.iranonline.com/iran/iran-info/G...nstitution.html

Article 91

With a view to safeguard the Islamic ordinances and the Constitution, in order to examine the compatibility of the legislation passed by the Islamic Consultative Assembly with Islam, a council to be known as the Guardian Council is to be constituted with the following composition:

1.six 'adil fuqaha' conscious of the present needs and the issues of the day, to be selected by the Leader, and
2.six jurists, specializing in different areas of law, to be elected by the Islamic Consultative Assembly from among the Muslim jurists nominated-by the Head of the Judicial Power.

Please explain further so that i may understand and also argue this point.

Acidrain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: