[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iran Democracy Rally Planned in Paris

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Khorshid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Iran Democracy Rally Planned in Paris Reply with quote

Iran Focus
Tue. 18 Jan 2005

Paris, Jan. 18 – Iranians are planning a massive rally in Paris on the twenty-sixth anniversary of the 1979 Iranian revolution to call for an end to theocratic rule in their country.

Organisers are expecting a huge turnout in the event scheduled for February 10 at Place Trocadero in central Paris.

“We are going to call every man and woman of conscience in the world to join us on February 10,” said Elham Parsafar of the Paris-based Committee in Defense of Human Rights in Iran. “What the mullahs are doing in Iran – public hangings, floggings, stoning women to death – are an affront to humanity, not just Iranians.”

Demonstrators will call for an end to diplomatic and economic ties between European governments and the clerical regime, so long as human rights violations in Iran persist.

The rally has already received strong support from a broad array of French political and social personalities and human rights groups.

“I do as my conscience tells me,” Henri, a French sociology student helping the organisers, said, when asked why he had volunteered for this effort. “I suppose if I had lived seventy years ago, I would have done something against the Nazis. You can’t remain indifferent if sixteen-year-old girls are being hanged somewhere.”

Organizers are putting up a list of prominent French and international political figures to address the rally.

The worsening human rights situation in Iran is coming under increasing international scrutiny. Last week, the European Parliament adopted a resolution by majority vote censuring human rights violations in Iran in the second such move over the past six months.

The toughly-worded resolution denounced practices such as execution of juveniles and stonings carried out by the Iranian regime.

Iran was also censured by the United Nations General Assembly last month for its flagrant violations of human rights. Human rights agencies report that at least 174 forms of torture such as flogging, limb amputation, and eye gouging are used in Iranian prisons.

The Paris rally is expected to highlight these violations and call on the EU to develop a new policy to induce genuine change in Iran by supporting the Iranian people’s democratic aspirations.

For More Information Please Visit:

http://www.iranmanif.org/

cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Iran Democracy Rally Planned in Paris Reply with quote

Khorshid wrote:

Iran Focus
Tue. 18 Jan 2005

Paris, Jan. 18 – Iranians are planning a massive rally in Paris on the twenty-sixth anniversary of the 1979 Iranian revolution to call for an end to theocratic rule in their country.

Organisers are expecting a huge turnout in the event scheduled for February 10 at Place Trocadero in central Paris.

“We are going to call every man and woman of conscience in the world to join us on February 10,” said Elham Parsafar of the Paris-based Committee in Defense of Human Rights in Iran. “What the mullahs are doing in Iran – public hangings, floggings, stoning women to death – are an affront to humanity, not just Iranians.”

Demonstrators will call for an end to diplomatic and economic ties between European governments and the clerical regime, so long as human rights violations in Iran persist.

The rally has already received strong support from a broad array of French political and social personalities and human rights groups.

“I do as my conscience tells me,” Henri, a French sociology student helping the organisers, said, when asked why he had volunteered for this effort. “I suppose if I had lived seventy years ago, I would have done something against the Nazis. You can’t remain indifferent if sixteen-year-old girls are being hanged somewhere.”

Organizers are putting up a list of prominent French and international political figures to address the rally.

The worsening human rights situation in Iran is coming under increasing international scrutiny. Last week, the European Parliament adopted a resolution by majority vote censuring human rights violations in Iran in the second such move over the past six months.

The toughly-worded resolution denounced practices such as execution of juveniles and stonings carried out by the Iranian regime.

Iran was also censured by the United Nations General Assembly last month for its flagrant violations of human rights. Human rights agencies report that at least 174 forms of torture such as flogging, limb amputation, and eye gouging are used in Iranian prisons.

The Paris rally is expected to highlight these violations and call on the EU to develop a new policy to induce genuine change in Iran by supporting the Iranian people’s democratic aspirations.

For More Information Please Visit:

http://www.iranmanif.org/

Dear Khorshid,
Ba Doroud, thank you for this important announcement.
This is what we expect from great French people Henri, a French sociology student “I do as my conscience tells me,” . I am sure there many great french people like Henri.
ActivistChat support their effort.
Regards,
Cyrus

The Heartbreaking And Enraging Story of a 16 Year Old Girl Executed by the Islamist Mafia Mullah Dictatorship on Sunday, August 15, in the town of Neka, Iran.

Last edited by cyrus on Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Khorshid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorud dear Cyrus,

Hopefully we'll hear of similar demonstrations in other parts of Europe and here in the US. This year's protests here in the US, in my opinion, should take place in one, but no more than two locations. US-based organizers need to make their announcements NOW, and not wait until a week before the demonstration.

Spenta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. There should be one on the West Coast (LA) and one on the East Coast, either DC or New York. The problem with DC though, is that the demos that have been held there have always been small, even though it has the biggest Northeastern Iranian community.

And many more demos in Europe are needed. It is very important to constantly work public opinion in Europe. Europeans must know who and what their govt's are supporting, what barbaric atrocities their politicans and corporations support and sponsor in Iran.
Khorshid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

updating for the 300+ visitors!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: