[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Opposition calls rally-ban by France As Support For Mullahs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Opposition calls rally-ban by France As Support For Mullahs Reply with quote

Opposition calls rally-ban by France goodwill gesture to Mullahs

Sat. 5 Feb 2005

Source: Iran Focus
Source URL: http://www.iranfocus.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1416

Paris, Feb. 04 - Iran's main opposition group, the National Council of Resistance of Iran, issued a statement today condemning the French government's decision to ban a peaceful protest by Iranian exiles in Paris against the dictatorship ruling Iran, despite prior approval.

The NCRI called France's decision to cancel the rally "kowtowing to the demands of the medieval regime seeking to expand its repression from Tehran to Paris", adding "French officials as part of a shameful deal with the clerical regime in power in Iran, banned a February 10th demonstration by Iranians in Paris".

February 10 coincides with the 26th anniversary of the 1979 anti-monarchic revolution in Iran.

It said, "According to reports from organisers of the demonstration in Paris, more than 40,000 Iranians from across Europe were expected to attend the rally, something which would terrify the ruling mullahs".

"The demonstration was sponsored by more than 250 European parliamentarians and dozens of international human rights organisations", it added.

In an interview with Iran Focus one Iranian exile living in Paris called the decision "a mockery to French values for basic human rights, such as the freedom of expression".

"Iranians who escaped the clutches of the medieval regime have the right to protest against those who have executed over 120,000 dissidents and imprisoned and tortured more than half a million. France, which is thought to be the bastion of freedom, has allowed the regime to spread its tentacles here and taken away the legitimate right of our oppressed people to demonstrate for their fellow compatriots under the mullahs' dictatorship", Javad Mahmoudi said.

The NCRI revealed from sources from within Iran that France gave into the demands of the Iranian regime to secure economic deals for French companies, adding that Tehran was spreading its dictatorship thousands of kilometres to the heart of Europe.

Iran Democracy Rally Planned in Paris

Iran Focus
Tue. 18 Jan 2005

Paris, Jan. 18 – Iranians are planning a massive rally in Paris on the twenty-sixth anniversary of the 1979 Iranian revolution to call for an end to theocratic rule in their country.

Organisers are expecting a huge turnout in the event scheduled for February 10 at Place Trocadero in central Paris.

“We are going to call every man and woman of conscience in the world to join us on February 10,” said Elham Parsafar of the Paris-based Committee in Defense of Human Rights in Iran. “What the mullahs are doing in Iran – public hangings, floggings, stoning women to death – are an affront to humanity, not just Iranians.”

Demonstrators will call for an end to diplomatic and economic ties between European governments and the clerical regime, so long as human rights violations in Iran persist.

The rally has already received strong support from a broad array of French political and social personalities and human rights groups.

“I do as my conscience tells me,” Henri, a French sociology student helping the organisers, said, when asked why he had volunteered for this effort. “I suppose if I had lived seventy years ago, I would have done something against the Nazis. You can’t remain indifferent if sixteen-year-old girls are being hanged somewhere.”

Organizers are putting up a list of prominent French and international political figures to address the rally.

The worsening human rights situation in Iran is coming under increasing international scrutiny. Last week, the European Parliament adopted a resolution by majority vote censuring human rights violations in Iran in the second such move over the past six months.

The toughly-worded resolution denounced practices such as execution of juveniles and stonings carried out by the Iranian regime.

Iran was also censured by the United Nations General Assembly last month for its flagrant violations of human rights. Human rights agencies report that at least 174 forms of torture such as flogging, limb amputation, and eye gouging are used in Iranian prisons.

The Paris rally is expected to highlight these violations and call on the EU to develop a new policy to induce genuine change in Iran by supporting the Iranian people’s democratic aspirations.

For More Information Please Visit:

http://www.iranmanif.org/
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Opposition calls rally-ban by France goodwill gesture to Mullahs

Sat. 5 Feb 2005

Source: Iran Focus
Source URL: http://www.iranfocus.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1416

Paris, Feb. 04 - Iran's main opposition group, the National Council of Resistance of Iran, issued a statement today condemning the French government's decision to ban a peaceful protest by Iranian exiles in Paris against the dictatorship ruling Iran, despite prior approval.

The NCRI called France's decision to cancel the rally "kowtowing to the demands of the medieval regime seeking to expand its repression from Tehran to Paris", adding "French officials as part of a shameful deal with the clerical regime in power in Iran, banned a February 10th demonstration by Iranians in Paris".

February 10 coincides with the 26th anniversary of the 1979 anti-monarchic revolution in Iran.

It said, "According to reports from organisers of the demonstration in Paris, more than 40,000 Iranians from across Europe were expected to attend the rally, something which would terrify the ruling mullahs".

"The demonstration was sponsored by more than 250 European parliamentarians and dozens of international human rights organisations", it added.

In an interview with Iran Focus one Iranian exile living in Paris called the decision "a mockery to French values for basic human rights, such as the freedom of expression".

"Iranians who escaped the clutches of the medieval regime have the right to protest against those who have executed over 120,000 dissidents and imprisoned and tortured more than half a million. France, which is thought to be the bastion of freedom, has allowed the regime to spread its tentacles here and taken away the legitimate right of our oppressed people to demonstrate for their fellow compatriots under the mullahs' dictatorship", Javad Mahmoudi said.

The NCRI revealed from sources from within Iran that France gave into the demands of the Iranian regime to secure economic deals for French companies, adding that Tehran was spreading its dictatorship thousands of kilometres to the heart of Europe.

French Government rally-ban is considered as goodwill gesture to Mullahs. We condemn French Government Action.
It is funny that the French government allows rally against President Bush but does not allow Iranian oppositions rally against Mullahs and Islamist Mafia.

The Heartbreaking And Enraging Story of a 16 Year Old Girl Executed by the Islamist Mafia Mullah Dictatorship on Sunday, August 15, in the town of Neka, Iran.
stefania

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyrus, this is Europe.

I was discussing today about Iran and Europe with my brother, who is a leftist and a pro-EU .

I did not convince him regarding the European policies toward Iran, as he continued to say that "America also supports dictators".

You know, it is so hard to convince such people, I don't even try again to do so.

I cannot refrain from saying that this Europe sucks and I am anti-Europeanist

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Italian Left denounces Bush and shows solidarity to Murderous Mullahs

Now I am reading an idiot leftist parliamentarian, Piero Fassino, of the Party of the "Democratic" Left, ( former communists ) who during the convention of the opposition parties ( whose leader is Mr. Prodi ) has said that "Europe should act as soon as possible, after the threats of Bush against Iran"..and added that " it's time to protect the world against new (US) adventures"..

So, those who pretend to win next year's elections in Italy, are claiming that it's time that Europe defends the Mullahs against the evil Bush and that the world must be protected from the US, not the Mullahs....

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While a public demonstration by Iranian exiles in Paris against the Mullahs' death machine is banned, The French have no better pastime than trying to show themselves superior to the US..

And the only demonstrations they allow are those of fanatic islamo-fascist-communists shouting anti-US slogans!

They claim arrogant superiority, despite they have, in the past, granted asylum to those who are suffocating the Iranian Nation since 25, while at the same time pardoning the killers of Iranian exiles and even expelling Iranian asylum seekers and political refugees!

French Tabloid Takes Aim at the U.S.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/france_anti_american_paper

PARIS - Forget about all that trans-Atlantic talk of kiss-and-make-up following the "Freedom Fries"-era disagreements between France and the United States. There's a new tabloid on Paris newsstands offering an alternate take: "L'Anti-Americain."

The cheeky newspaper's editor-in-chief says Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice (news - web sites) can have a free issue of the satirical monthly when she's in Paris next week.

She'll need to have packed her sense of humor. This month's issue features an entry in a bogus George W. Bush diary that reads: "Ask the CIA (news - web sites): Where's China?"

Rice and her French counterparts hope to rebuild ties bruised by disagreements over the U.S.-led war in Iraq (news - web sites). In Paris, a stop on her swing through Europe and the Middle East, she'll give a major speech in which she's expected to lay out her vision for American diplomacy.

But on French and American streets, mutual distrust still simmers.

On the day Bush won re-election in November, freelance journalist Frederic Royer decided to tap into the zeitgeist and start "L'Anti-Americain."

The French-language paper offers an unflattering, if tongue-in-cheek, look at America's perceived shortcomings — from fast food to the U.S. detention center at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

Cartoons and editorials featuring sharp-edged critiques of American politicians — mostly Bush — are a fixture of mainstream French dailies. Royer's monthly strives to pack more punch. But he insists it's good-natured ribbing.

"We're so invaded by American culture, we can't resist," he said.

The first edition in December sold 7,500 copies, advertised only by word-of-mouth and its eye-catching cover, Royer said.

Its Bush re-election headline read: "France offers political asylum to Americans!"

The cover of January's issue features a voluptuous blonde clad only in an American flag beside a doctored photo of Bush as a paperboy, proudly pointing to his presidential seal.

"The name is 'anti-American' for laughs, but it's really anti-Bush," said Royer.

By ordering troops into Iraq over European protest and refusing to back international efforts to curb global warming, Bush looks to some Europeans like a cowboy thumbing his nose at the world.

Conversely, some Americans see France as ungrateful for U.S. help during World War II.

"These grudges will probably last a long time. They go deep beyond the White House and Washington, and out to Middle America," said political scientist Steven Ekovich of the American University of Paris.

Royer acknowledges the success of "L'Anti-Americain" rests on Bush providing good material.

"The danger is to do something too basic, too stupidly anti-American," Royer said. But he expects success "because of the ambient air — maybe what I think a lot of French people are feeling right now."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: