[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fakhravar badly beaten...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:27 am    Post subject: Fakhravar badly beaten... Reply with quote

Fakhravar Badly Beaten

Amir Abbas (Siavash) Fakhravar, jailed Iranian student and the subject of the recent Channel 4 documentary, Iran Uncovered, has been badly beaten up by other criminal inmates. The prison authorities have refused to provide him medical treatment. Fakhravar is kept in a cell with 25 other common criminals at the Qasr prison. All are dangerous prisoners jailed for serious offences. There are still 3000 prisoners kept at Qasr prison while the other 5000 have been moved to another prison. It is a customary practice by Islamic Republic to keep political prisoners with common criminals and use these thugs to beat up political prisoners. Fakhravar was visited by Shirin Ebadi before she left for Oslo to collect her Nobel peace prize. Fakhravar begged her to mention the plight of jailed Iranian students, but Shirin Ebadi refused saying the speech was already written and sent off for translation. Fakhravar then reminded her that she could mention the atrocities in her press interviews but again Shirin Ebadi refused saying she does not want to meddle in Iranian politics. Fakhravar then reminded Ebadi that if she does not want to meddle in politics then she should not ask the Iranian people to participate in the next Islamic elections either which are due to be held in February where candidates are pre-selected and approved by the unelected Guardian Council before and after the "elections".

Potkin Azarmehr
Liberator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:38 am    Post subject: Ayatollah Ebadi! Reply with quote

What is the source of these horrific news??

www.anjomane-padeshahi.org
http://aryamehr11.blogspot.com/
shabvasob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Fakhravar badly beaten... Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Fakhravar Badly Beaten

Amir Abbas (Siavash) Fakhravar, jailed Iranian student and the subject of the recent Channel 4 documentary, Iran Uncovered, has been badly beaten up by other criminal inmates. The prison authorities have refused to provide him medical treatment. Fakhravar is kept in a cell with 25 other common criminals at the Qasr prison. All are dangerous prisoners jailed for serious offences. There are still 3000 prisoners kept at Qasr prison while the other 5000 have been moved to another prison. It is a customary practice by Islamic Republic to keep political prisoners with common criminals and use these thugs to beat up political prisoners. Fakhravar was visited by Shirin Ebadi before she left for Oslo to collect her Nobel peace prize. Fakhravar begged her to mention the plight of jailed Iranian students, but Shirin Ebadi refused saying the speech was already written and sent off for translation. Fakhravar then reminded her that she could mention the atrocities in her press interviews but again Shirin Ebadi refused saying she does not want to meddle in Iranian politics. Fakhravar then reminded Ebadi that if she does not want to meddle in politics then she should not ask the Iranian people to participate in the next Islamic elections either which are due to be held in February where candidates are pre-selected and approved by the unelected Guardian Council before and after the "elections".

Potkin Azarmehr

- is there an original link for this... some news source can find?
CryFreedomDMB

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Fakhravar badly beaten... Reply with quote

shabvasob wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Fakhravar Badly Beaten

Potkin Azarmehr

- is there an original link for this... some news source can find?

So the big media ignores - and the job is left to the online activists and bloggers.. no problem - we can handle the job!!!!
That this crowd will not subside
Let this flag burn to dust
And a new a fair design be raised
Azadeh.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It was me who posted this. The source is a fellow named Potkin Azarmehr who is another activist in London. Apparently he has contact with the Fakhravar family and was involved in July 9th demonstrations. I don't think this has been reported by any international media. Like the person before me said, it is up to online activists and bloggers.
licorice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:01 am    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Azadeh. wrote:
Hi,

It was me who posted this. The source is a fellow named Potkin Azarmehr who is another activist in London. Apparently he has contact with the Fakhravar family and was involved in July 9th demonstrations. I don't think this has been reported by any international media. Like the person before me said, it is up to online activists and bloggers.

Cool - he can write articles with a pseudoname since he has connections and then get one of the online papers to publish it - no problem..
haleh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:45 am    Post subject: d Reply with quote

Literally - you don't need any special certificate to wrtie articles if you have a good source and get it published.. there are many online outlets that will publish this stuff!!!!
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dears, last night i heard a press conference with Ahmed Re'fat of Radio Farda and some deputies.

They were speaking about the current situation in Iran.

some deputies have said that "we are disappointed by Khatami,but we think that his govt should be left alone.we must support it because Khatami is slave of the hard-liners.Khatami is moderate and in these years Iran had some improvements"...

then, a communist female deputy recognized that "we had support Khomeini revolution,because we thought he was going to give freedom to the iranian people,denied by the shah's regime.Now we women should support the efforts by Khatami's govt to purse the reforms.As The Nobel Prize Ebadi says,there should be outside force to interfere into iran's internal affairs and khatami can suceed only if the people is allowed to partecipate to his govt"..

mm... i think that there is a huge need to conitnue campaigning for the truth and explain what is the true desire and the frustrations of the iranian people !!

Refrendom and regime change!!

Chinese model is not good!!

My new Blog: http://activismonline.ilcannocchiale.it

but it's not complete.. anyway, just give a first look!

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
haleh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefania wrote:
Dears, last night i heard a press conference with Ahmed Re'fat of Radio Farda and some deputies.

They were speaking about the current situation in Iran.

some deputies have said that "we are disappointed by Khatami,but we think that his govt should be left alone.we must support it because Khatami is slave of the hard-liners.Khatami is moderate and in these years Iran had some improvements"...

then, a communist female deputy recognized that "we had support Khomeini revolution,because we thought he was going to give freedom to the iranian people,denied by the shah's regime.Now we women should support the efforts by Khatami's govt to purse the reforms.As The Nobel Prize Ebadi says,there should be outside force to interfere into iran's internal affairs and khatami can suceed only if the people is allowed to partecipate to his govt"..

mm... i think that there is a huge need to conitnue campaigning for the truth and explain what is the true desire and the frustrations of the iranian people !!

Refrendom and regime change!!

Chinese model is not good!!

My new Blog: http://activismonline.ilcannocchiale.it

but it's not complete.. anyway, just give a first look!

Like the new BLOG!!!!
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what you mean, haleh?

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new blog is this: http://freethoughts.splinder.it

Spenta

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very sorry to hear this about Fakharavar.

Ebadi's speech was so repulsive and sigusting to me, that I almost believe this story!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: