[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This Saturday, April 30th, at 10:30 AM Eastern time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blank

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BitWhys wrote:
look

a dove and always start from a place of peace when seeking solutions. There was no Iraqi crisis except the one that had been fabricated by poorly(?) prepared intelligence reports and what was in the press. and running out of patience is no excuse for the travesty that Iraq is faced with pulling itself out of now.

This is an absolute bull ****; idiotrian use statements like this to justify, keeping Hussien in power....Oh, there was no crisis in Iraq?? with people being gassed and murdered on a daily basis?? if you have conveniently forgotten he attacked two of his neighboring countries I have no use for peopel like you, that are willing to keep a dictatorship in power and ask for "patience" in the hope of someday there will a "peacefull solution"......
BitWhys

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blank wrote:
Oh, there was no crisis in Iraq?? with people being gassed and murdered on a daily basis?? if you have conveniently forgotten he attacked two of his neighboring countries

whoa

you believe that?

wow

the US was behind Hussein 100% when they were at war with Iran. to use that as excuse now is duplicitous.

Hussein attacked Kuwait because it was tanking oil prices to put the squeeze on Iraq's post-war finances and did so after US representatives promised they would look the other way.

and all that is ancient history. Hussein was no immediate threat to any other nation. a recently leaked British memo proves Britain knew that and was working with the expectation Bush would build the case for invasion anyways.

Writing on behalf of the organization, Ken Roth of Human Rights Watch condemns any use of appealing to humanitarian intervention as a justification for the invasion, stating the position that do so gives such interventions, and I quote, a bad name. There wasn't enough of a present domestic problem in Iraq to justify the devestation war causes.

If Bush had used "save the Arabs!" as his war-cry in March of 2003 he would have been drummed out of Washington by his own people.

there's no need to be rude.
Rasker

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree with Bitwhys about the rudeness toward each other in this forum, over factual or doctrinal disagreements. Comrades, sectarianism between supporters of the Liberation is one of the only ways that the Mullah regime can stay in power!

As to the ongoing humanitarian cost of leaving Saddam in power, BitWhys, just look at how many children died of malnutrition during the sanction regime because Saddam needed to fund himself, his palaces, bribe his big friends with votes or influence on the Security Council, fund terrorism and WMD research. Innocent people did die in the war, true, but at a far far far lower rate than just from Saddam's theft, not to mention whatever thousands of people he murdered over the course of an 'ordinary' year. When the terrorists now kill 20 people with a car bomb they get headlines, Saddam could kill 20,000, all at once, or in dribs and drabs, without ever making the middle pages of the New York Times.
BitWhys

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasker wrote:
Innocent people did die in the war, true, but at a far far far lower rate...

I'm sorry, but that's wrong

just flat out wrong

ESPECIALLY in the months leading up to the war.

and please take it easy on the "daath by sanction" angle too. that UNICEF report has been misinterpreted and mis-re-interpreted ever since Albright used it for her propaganda.

and since I'm tossing another post onto the thread I'll just mention I never said anything about patience.
irani

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bitwhys, look at Iraqi blogger Omar's post:

Why there are no reports or links for mass graves in Iraq in 2002?

I've noticed this question being repeated more than once on the comment section here and on a few other sites.
I want to know why such a question is being asked; would a report about mass graves in 2002 make the situation any different?
Is it that some people think it's too much for Iraqis to get a year off from being buried in mass graves?
Is the question suggesting that all the mass graves fond so far in Iraq do not count if 2002 was free of mass graves?
Or maybe people asking this question are trying to say that Saddam suddenly became a better person in 2002?

Maybe I'm being oversensitive here and maybe it's just an innocent question; however I'd like to talk shortly about it.

The tragedy of mass graves was associated with certain incidents, namely the uprising in 1991 and the notorious campaign against the Kurds in the late 1980s and a few other cases and I guess most of you already know this.
The other thing is that the absence of mass graves in a specific year does NOT mean that no people were executed at that time because there were always executions carried out separately in different spots in the country and the victims' bodies were either buried separately or sent to their families to be buried.

I still have to admit that 2002 was relatively less bloody than the years that preceded it; at that time I noticed that people would express their anger on the streets with less fear from punishment, not because Saddam became a nicer guy or decided to allow free speech (God forbid!) but mainly because he was more concerned about a greater threat coming from across the Atlantic so he partially ignored the war on the "internal front" against the people.

In spite of that, executions continued until the last days in the regime's life and there are stories about people executed even in the 1st week of April 2003 (sorry for not providing links).
More over, many doctors who served in Abu Ghraib before 2003 confirmed that an average of 40 prisoners were executed weekly in that prison alone in two execution sick festivals each week, every week on Saturday and Tuesday if I didn't forget, which gives a total of around 2000 executions/year in Abu Ghraib alone (sorry again for not providing links).
I read some report a week ago about the number of executions in different countries and China ranked 1st with a total of approximately 3400 executions/year and the Chinese government is being severely criticized for that.

And considering that the population of China is more than 50 times that of Iraq; a total of 80 executions/year would more or less put Iraq in the same rank of China's when it comes to declaring an execution crisis.
But Saddam being keen on fulfilling his responsibilities towards his people was able to finish the assignment of one year in a matter of two weeks.

http://iraqthemodel.blogspot.com/
BitWhys

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

100,000 violent deaths over two years and that's the consevative estimate.

that's 50,000 dead a year.

If Hussein worked at that pace that would mean 1.25 Million Iraqis died at his hand. Even using Albright's idiotic misinterpretaion of the UNICEF report, that didn't happen.

Hussein deserves his own special place in hell, but the war is worse. And its still a war. Between November and March there were 20 attacks on coalition forces a day in Baghdad alone. That's using US figures that slipped out while they were defending the shooting of the Italian journalist.

Baghdad alone.

Human Rights Watch was well aware of the internal situation and still condemned the action and that was BEFORE the undisputed Lancet cluster study came out.

you can read the rationale if you want...

War in Iraq: Not a Humanitarian Intervention

Quote:
The sheer size of the invasion of Iraq, the central involvement of the world’s superpower, and the enormous controversy surrounding the war meant that the Iraqi conflict overshadowed the other military actions. For better or for worse, that prominence gave it greater power to shape public perceptions of armed interventions said by their proponents to be justified on humanitarian grounds. The result is that at a time of renewed interest in humanitarian intervention, the Iraq war and the effort to justify it even in part in humanitarian terms risk giving humanitarian intervention a bad name. If that breeds cynicism about the use of military force for humanitarian purposes, it could be devastating for people in need of future rescue.

Rasker

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bitwhys, I'll have to defer to the many Iraqi bloggers I've read who supported the liberation as an act of mercy. They lived through Saddam, through the invasion, and are living through the terrorism, and they feel it has been worth it to be rid of that Beast.

Now, hopefully we can help rid Iran of the mullahocracy by another way...
irani

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BitWhys wrote:

If Hussein worked at that pace that would mean 1.25 Million Iraqis died at his hand.

+ 1 million iraqis killed in the Iran-Iraq war that was started by him...

And don't forget the 1 million Iranians killed in the same war.
BitWhys

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasker wrote:
Bitwhys, I'll have to defer to the many Iraqi bloggers I've read who supported the liberation as an act of mercy. They lived through Saddam, through the invasion, and are living through the terrorism, and they feel it has been worth it to be rid of that Beast.

Now, hopefully we can help rid Iran of the mullahocracy by another way...

and for every blogger that supports it I'm sure I can find one that's against it.

hopefully yes but I've no doubt blood will be spilled. they are too entrenched. the key is to finding the dotted line that cuts off the chain of command. IMO.

Last edited by BitWhys on Fri May 06, 2005 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
BitWhys

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

irani wrote:
BitWhys wrote:

If Hussein worked at that pace that would mean 1.25 Million Iraqis died at his hand.

+ 1 million iraqis killed in the Iran-Iraq war that was started by him...

And don't forget the 1 million Iranians killed in the same war.

IC

maybe its time to invade the US then.

they started this one.

the study counted civilian lives, not soldiers.

and the US supported Hussein in the Iran-Iraq conflict every step of the way. that's where he got his chemical and biological agents from for pity's sake. for them to condemn it now is blatantly hypocritical.
blank

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BitWhys wrote:
blank wrote:
Oh, there was no crisis in Iraq?? with people being gassed and murdered on a daily basis?? if you have conveniently forgotten he attacked two of his neighboring countries

whoa

you believe that?

wow

the US was behind Hussein 100% when they were at war with Iran. to use that as excuse now is duplicitous.

Hussein attacked Kuwait because it was tanking oil prices to put the squeeze on Iraq's post-war finances and did so after US representatives promised they would look the other way.

and all that is ancient history. Hussein was no immediate threat to any other nation. a recently leaked British memo proves Britain knew that and was working with the expectation Bush would build the case for invasion anyways.

Writing on behalf of the organization, Ken Roth of Human Rights Watch condemns any use of appealing to humanitarian intervention as a justification for the invasion, stating the position that do so gives such interventions, and I quote, a bad name. There wasn't enough of a present domestic problem in Iraq to justify the devestation war causes.

If Bush had used "save the Arabs!" as his war-cry in March of 2003 he would have been drummed out of Washington by his own people.

there's no need to be rude.

A TYPICAL LEFTIST EUROPEAN MENTALITY IDEOLOGUE..

Everything is US's fault and as long as you & your likes refer to UN and some of these other organizations that were bribed by Sadam; buy into their propoganda then you will never be our friend and help our cause. After asking him 3 time he still cannot come up with an alternative. I say to these moonbats if you don't have a better alternative then shut up and stop howling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, it is unrealistic people like BitWhys, that think after 50 years and millions of people getting killed there were "other alternatives", it is this way of Dovey, feely, thinking that kept Sadam in power for 40 years. No one could get rid of him he had UN & EU wrapped around his fingers paying them bribes to keep him in power. And these "so called peace lovers" sat back and watched; every rebellion in Iraq was met by deadly gas, torture and mass killings. And these "moonbats" still could not come up with an alternative, except for waiting and waiting and waiting, meanwhile more & more people were getting killed by this butcher and his two sadistic sons.
Anytime I hear these so called "peace lovers" or "moonbats" talking about lets just wait and see what happens, that boils my blood. Especially since they have no solutions or their solution is as good as what they smoke.
I truly believe Sadam had WMD but he transferred them to another terrorist country, like Iran, Syria, etc." he did the same thing during the first war taking his airplanes to Iran, and since there are no honor among thieves he could not get them back after to war. The ragheads decided they were
BitWhys

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never asked anything you just hurled abuse.

Speak to the points or bite me

and don't give me any Protest Warrior "I made the pacifict mad" crap because I just find chickenhawks tiresome. You have no idea what motivates me.

you want to play flame wars and talk tough typing words onto a screen save it. I'm not impressed.

now step aside. Rasker and I are exchanging ideas like adults.
BitWhys

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but since you almost asked I'll tell you I can't give alternatives because I don't know what the situation at the time really was. the friggen CIA didn't know what the situation really was so how the hell should I?

you see what I'm saying?

the Iraq War that I'm against is the one that Bushco created. what they were doing and how they were doing it was wrong. the information they were using was wrong.

the bull-in-a-china-shop-don't-tell-anybody-but-we're-going-in-in-January,
we're-the-masters-of-the-universe,
first-we'll-win-and-then-we'll-sort-it-out,
who-cares-if-its-in-the-middle-of-the-terrorist-capital-of-the-planet-peace-will-break-out-when-we-get-there,
check-our-marker-list-we've-got-some-favours-to-pay-back-when-the-IMF-get's-there approach was downright criminal.

if they operated on the level and showed an ounce of respect it would have been different. and maybe if we got the truth about what was going on I would have supported it. but that's not what happened and then we get into the maybees so there's no point speaking to it any further.
blank

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="BitWhys"]but since you almost asked I'll tell you I can't give alternatives because I don't know what the situation at the time really was. the friggen CIA didn't know what the situation really was so how the hell should I?quote]

The whole world knew what the situation at that time was, mass murder by a butcher and his sadistic sons. You can't be that ignorant.
I was right these Leftists don't have any alternatives but they want to 'wait until somehow maybe suddenly some other alternatives come up and maybe Sadam would say I am going to peacefully leave,,, like the ragheads would' Question ..... I did say before that US made some mistakes for not preparing for the terrorists(insurgents) activities, after the toppling of Sadam.
And Bush's biggest mistake was he should have started with Iran first, by helping Iranian people to get rid of these raghead talibans, now he has to deal with the terrorists, homocide bombers, coming straight from Iran, going to Iraq and killing Iraqis & Americans....
Because Bush is willing to stand up to these terrorists regimes without kissing their ass like your leaders and Europeans, then he becomes "disrespectful" & "arrogant"
I tell you what, I prefer 100 Bushs to one of your "respectful" but coward leaders that look the other way when greatest human violations are going on in Iran.
Rasker

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact is, from what we know now, Saddam had bought and paid for France's veto (and perhaps others) on the Security Council (from the Oil for Bribes program), so no substantial new measures were going to come out of the Security Council, soft or hard. The old measures were not working to keep Saddam in compliance with the inspection regime. In a situation like that Bush and Blair were not going to give a veto power to Saddam's 'coalition of the bribed', in fact I'm sorry they gave him those extra few months to organize guerilla warfare. However the coalition did go the last mile to show their good faith, gave Saddam every chance to resume compliance, and he chose to take his chances.

I'm sure some of these commercial ventures between the IRI regime and veto-holders France, Russia, China and/or Britain are designed to give the recipients an interest in the regime's survival, and motivation to stop any effective 'soft' measures coming out of the UN. We shall see who will be the IRI's 'France' this go-around.

We shall also see what future criminal or civil liability attaches to those persons who tried to keep Saddam in power for money, at the cost of many American, coalition and Iraqi lives. Senior investigators have resigned from Volcker's investigation, and Senator Coleman's subcommittee investigation continues...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: