[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Support Iran Freedom Walk By Dr. Corsi - Last Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rasker

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Iran Freedom Walk: Day 3 -- Tuesday, May 18, 2005

Dr. Mehrdad Majedi on the first day of the Iran Freedom Walk
Dr. Mehrdad Majedi had the courage to express his political opinions in the Islamic Republic of Iran. For this, he was arrested in September of 2000, and held in solitary confinement for 35 days without a trial. The judiciary eventually charged Dr. Majedi with the following "crimes": 1) creating the group Students for Defense of Freedom, 2) giving interviews to foreign media outlets, and 3) "insulting the Supreme Leader." He was sentenced to 5 years in prison, a $2,500 fine, and 50 lashes with a whip. Under pressure from the European Human Rights Federation, the prison sentence was temporarily suspended, but the other penalities were enforced.

On December 26, 2001, Dr. Majedi was attacked by three members of Iran's security forces, suffering severe injuries that required surgery and extensive rehabilitation. Threatened with further prosecution, he fled the country on September 7, 2002.

Dr. Majedi recovering from his injuries in early 2002
Shortly after Dr. Majedi escaped from Iran, his wife Leyla was also viciously beaten by security forces in Tehran.

Dr. Majedi joins the Iran Freedom Walk for the same reason he opposed tyranny in his native land -- to advance the cause of freedom.

blank

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I am wrong, looking at the pictures, looks like very few people are participating.
Rasker

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, it's more of a symbolic, media event. It would be nice to have a thousand people meet them at Union Station TEN A.M. Saturday Morning, walk down the Mall past the White House to Lafayette Park (2.8 miles) arrive at 12:00 noon Rally across from the White House!

Last edited by Rasker on Thu May 26, 2005 8:46 pm; edited 6 times in total
Rasker

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Iran Freedom Walk: Day 3 -- Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Day 3 (Part 1): Exton PA to Downingtown PA (click for details)
At mid-day yesterday, Dr. Corsi and his supporters agreed to modify the scheduled route, to take a more direct track to Washington, DC, and to avoid some of hills that have been taking a toll on the oldest walkers. The group continues to make excellent time, and should arrive in Washington ahead of the original schedule. A revised (and final) route and schedule will be published later today.

Day 3 (Part 2): Downingtown PA to West Chester PA (click for details)
Overall, the group covered about 12 miles on Wednesday. The highlight of the day was a series of radio interviews held at WCOJ in West Chester, Pennsylvania.

The WCOJ staff generously made their studio available to radio host Paul Schiffer, who is travelling with and covering the group. Paul interviewed Dr. Corsi and several of the marchers on his show, The Schiffer Report on Rightalk Radio. Ms. Jila Jalali and Ms. Roya Teymouri shared their passionate views on the abuses of Iran's citizenry by the ruling mullahs. All of the Iranian-American marchers have experienced the brutality of the Iranian regime, either directly or via family and friends. Schiffer was deeply affected by the womens' testimony.

Later at the same studio the marchers were the guests of WCOJ host Robert Henson on his afternoon drive time show. The intense, hour-long interview covered a variety of the marchers' experiences in Iran. Mr. Henson seemed impressed with the views, knowledge and personal accounts that the marchers shared, and readily contrasted his own background growing up in America with the experiences of his guests.

Mr. Reza Fazelli spoke to the Iranian people in Farsi on the show, probably a first for this 5,000 watt station. He pointed out that 80% of Iranians have no memory of the Shah of Iran -- all they know is the current regime. At one point, Ms. Teymouri contradicted Mr. Henson by saying that the Iranian people loved Americans, all things American. "If a young person has a T-shirt, it has to be an American T-shirt. If they listen to music it has to be American music. If they want style they look to America. Twenty-six years have not lessened the love Iranians have for Americans."

Starting out the day. The patriotic wheels are provided courtesy of USFlagBalloon.com

Paul Schiffer interviews Shahrakh Ferdowssi

Jila Jalali on the air

WCOJ Studios in West Chester, Pennsylvania

WCOJ talk show host Robert Henson interviews the Iranian Freedom Marchers

Reza Fazelli describes how Persian cultural traditions are passed down to young people despite oppression by the ruling mullahs

Roya Teymouri tells Robert Henson of the love of the Iranian people for all things American: T-shirts, music, clothing -- and freedom

Dr. Mehrdad Majedi and Roya Teymouri watch Robert Henson on the air

Rasker

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact Us
freedom@iranfree.org
Web site comments
admin@iranfree.org
Media Inquiries
media@iranfree.org
Toll-free Phone
(888) 877-8002

The Iran Freedom Walk: Day 4 -- Thursday, May 19, 2005

Day 4: West Chester PA to West Grove PA (click for details)

The Iranian Freedom Walk continued Thursday in southeastern Pennsylvania, transitioning from the relatively flat land of Rt. 30 into the rolling hills that climb and descend along Rt. 1. The group is moving at an excellent pace, covering more than 18 miles today to arrive in West Grove, Pennsylvania.

Outside the Holiday Inn in West Chester, Pennsylvania

The weather was again cooperative with a light breeze and mild temperatures, and the marchers were greeted throughout the day by friendly waves, honks and encouragement. They heard many positive comments from people who had heard the WCOJ broadcast yesterday.

Members of the group are hearing from their friends and family within Iran that the news about Dr. Jerry Corsi and the Iran Freedom Walk is getting out to the people of Iran.

The change in routing to parallel Rt. 1 -- the old Baltimore Turnpike -- takes the trek back in time to the historical route from Philadelphia to Washington D.C. that has been used for over two centuries. Solid stone houses, picturesque farms, horses, businesses, flowering spring trees and iris of all colors accent the beauty of the countryside, making the walk more pleasant.

View from U.S. Route 1, looking south

The intensity of the Iranian marchers matches the new, faster pace. They remain in constant contact with friends and associates who are tracking the journey and reporting the news to their contacts inside Iran. Their commitment to work for the freedom of those in Iran is incredibly strong.

Walking for freedom

©2005 Iran Freedom Foundation, Inc. - 888 16th Street, NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20006 - ( 202) 872-7776 Fax: (202) 872-7771
Rasker

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email:

Contact Us
freedom@iranfree.org
Web site comments
admin@iranfree.org
Media Inquiries
media@iranfree.org
Toll-free Phone
(888) 877-8002
The Iran Freedom Walk: Day 5 -- Friday, May 20, 2005

Day 5: West Grove PA to Oxford PA (click for details)

Friday found the Iran Freedom Marchers pressing on through sheets of rain as the weather turned inhospitable for the first time. The group's efforts on the fifth day of the Iran Freedom Walk brought them south on Rt. 1 to the Susquehanna River and across the bridge. Overall they managed just 6 miles as a steady driving rain dropped 2 inches of water on the Pennsylvania / Maryland border.

Looking down a soggy road

Dr. Jerry Corsi left the group for the day to honor a speaking engagement -- he will retrace the segment next week.

Marcher Suzy Yashar of Los Angeles said, "We had to stop and get raincoats. There was no sidewalk. I don't know why they didn't have sidewalks." While attempting to take a call from Radio Iran, Ms. Yashar fell, slightly injuring her knee. "The pain was too hard. I get courage -- after 10 minutes I could continue to walk." Suzy Yasher ended the day with a puffy knee and a poison ivy rash on both ankles, but she covered the entire distance.

Suzy Yashar makes a point

The marchers each have their own ideas as to why this is important. "My brother is there." "My sister is there." "We need freedom. I come to show we are a peaceful people."

"They took everything that I have. I don't care about that. I want to see the country the way it was. Free."

All dressed up, and a long way to go

©2005 Iran Freedom Foundation, Inc. - 888 16th Street, NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20006 - ( 202) 872-7776 Fax: (202) 872-7771
Rasker

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact Us
freedom@iranfree.org
Web site comments
admin@iranfree.org
Media Inquiries
media@iranfree.org
Toll-free Phone
(888) 877-8002
The Iran Freedom Walk: Day 6 -- Saturday, May 21, 2005

Saturday was a productive day for the Iran Freedom Marchers, who made use of perfect weather conditions to cover 22 miles.
After the day's walk, we interviewed Mohammed and Yousef Dinmaghani about the reasons they have decided to join the Freedom Walk. The brothers first visited the United States in 1970. "We came here as tourists and started to think of America as a beautiful country. I got my green card and started to live in the United States of America. I am retired now," said Mohammed.

IFF: "Do you still have family in Iran?"

"We still have one brother living in Tehran," said Yousef.

IFF: "Why are you walking?"

"We are walking for the Iranian people. The government has been torturing the Iranian people for 26 years. The people need human rights, human dignity and peaceful management from their government," said Mohammed. "They have sold more than $500 billion dollars of oil and natural gas. Where is the money?"

IFF: "Do you think that Iranian Mullahs will hurt you if they can get to you?"

"Yes," said the brothers in unison.

Yousef Dinmaghani was an Iranian national Greco-Roman wrestling champion 46 years ago. "Iran was taken almost 60 times to the United Nations for human rights abuses -- they have condemned the government. International Amnesty [Amnesty International] has accused the Iranian Government of chopping the hands, cutting the legs and stoning the ladies until dead. We accuse them very deep. If I live one year, 10 years, 20 years, I accuse them. I hate this regime."

Mohammed said, "There was an earthquake 15 months ago in the city of Ban, in the state of Kerman -- 80,000 casualties with 40,000 deaths. They didn't do anything for the people. The government received aid from the United States, Red Cross and other agencies but the people did not receive the aid because the government sold it on the black market. We are walking the 200 miles from Philadelphia to Washington D.C. We have a message for whole world. We are great people, honest people; the Iranian people don’t have a fight with any country. We love President Bush. He is the only President who has sided with the Iranian people."

"Since they [the mullahs] came the Iranian people don't have freedom. No freedom. No life. The Iranian people are not happy with the United Nations, the International Amnesty, the European Union."

IFF: "Why do they support the mullahs?

Mohammed: "Because they pump them the oil."

IFF – “What is the average income of a worker in Iran?” Mohammed: About $140 per month for the average worker. Unemployment is ten million. Over five million people are addicts to heroin and drugs. We are calling for the ouster of this regime. The Iranian people, they decide the mullah regime is unlawful. We decided to get together to put them into the history garbage and we get rid of them. God bless Iranian people. God bless America and the Iranian nation, and all of the people in world who are working for peace and human rights.

Rasker

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact Us
freedom@iranfree.org
Web site comments
admin@iranfree.org
Media Inquiries
media@iranfree.org
Toll-free Phone
(888) 877-8002
The Iran Freedom Walk: Day 7 -- Sunday, May 22, 2005

Asked how the day had gone, Roay Teimouri instantly responded, "We went to church!" St. James Episcopal Church in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania hosted the Iranian Freedom Marchers on Sunday. Mr. Aryana filmed the service and streamed the video into Iran.

At St. James Episcopal Church

Dr. Corsi reported, "We climbed out of the Susquehanna River valley and the hills leading out of the river valley were daunting obstacles. We went for miles and miles of dramatic rolling hills. Up and down, up and down. It was a hard day and we covered a lot of ground – in excess of 20 miles."

Shahrokh Ferdosi completed his Master's Degree in Government Management from Tehran University in 1966, then worked in the Ministry of Culture and Art in Tehran. He spent some time in Denmark introducing Persian Culture to the Danes. In addition, he hosted a television program and wrote a column for a Tehran newspaper. After the 1979 Iranian Revolution Mr. Ferdosi was tortured by the mullahs, and still has ongoing pain and problems with his toes and feet. Nevertheless, he is an enthusiastic member of the Iranian Freedom Marchers who constantly carries a notebook, cell phone and folders, and remains in almost constant communication with other Iranians in the United States and in Iran.
Mr. Ferdosi is the leader of a small underground party in Canada called "New Iran For Us," and is also a member of the opposition Islamic government in exile. In that capacity, he works with seven television stations and four radio stations that focus on political issues inside Iran. He adds, "Also now I am member of campaign of Dr. Corsi's march to free Iran. Dr. Corsi is bringing freedom to Iran with a message of peace. We are friends with American people. We work with Americans for long time -- more than 75 years. We love American people and American country. Americans love Iranians and together we face the mullahs. And we continue like brother and sister until free Iran and coming back democracy to Iran."

"I was lucky that I was able to escape Iran. First of all I sent my family to Canada to escape the mullahs. From 1979 I traveled almost around the world including Tokyo, Japan; Paris, France; Malaysia; Singapore; Italy; while traveling on a forged passport. I finally came to Canada in 1989.

Shahrokh Ferdosi confers with Assadolah Morovati

Rasker

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Contact Us
freedom@iranfree.org
Web site comments
admin@iranfree.org
Media Inquiries
media@iranfree.org
Toll-free Phone
(888) 877-8002

The Iran Freedom Walk: Day 8 -- Monday, May 23, 2005

Day 8: Bel Air, MD to Fullerton, MD (click for details)

As the Iranian Freedom Marchers worked their way south along Rt. 1 on Monday physical problems caused by the long walk began to surface. Sun, wind, rain, and over a hundred miles on the road have taken their toll in fatigue, blisters and sunburn. The average age of the walkers is over 50.
The walkers plan to continue the journey in spite of their ailments. They feel that even though they are tired and occasionally frustrated they can deal with the pain. Suzy Yashar said, "When Dr. Corsi told me about this, I thought there was no way that someone could do this -- walk 200 miles for freedom in Iran. For a long time I thought this could not happen." She added, "I love President Bush because of his courage. He stands for freedom. This is important."

Rasker

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact Us
freedom@iranfree.org
Web site comments
admin@iranfree.org
Media Inquiries
media@iranfree.org
Toll-free Phone
(888) 877-8002

The Iran Freedom Walk: Day 9 -- Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Day 9: Fullerton, MD to Elkridge, MD (click for details)

The Iranian Freedom Marchers passed through the city of Baltimore on Tuesday, walking in a light rain. The cool temperatures helped the group maintain a brisk pace, covering about 20 miles without suffering a dangerous level of fatigue.

Starting out on a drizzly day

Dr. Jerry Corsi was a guest once again on G. Gordon Liddy's national radio show on Tuesday, and the wide-ranging interview is available at GGordonLiddy.com. Dr. Corsi provided updates on recent arrests of political prisoners in Iran. One tactic the regime uses to pressure prisoners is to force their female family members into prostitution by demanding bribes. Freedom marcher Roya Teimouri is supporting five families in Iran to keep the women in the families off of the street.

Route 1, heading into Baltimore

The group continues to follow Route 1 southwards, moving today through a series of recovering Baltimore neighborhoods. Row houses, shops, small businesses, parks and school yards bordered the urban sidewalk trek. As the marchers left the harbor area a young black American couple with a U.S. Army bumper sticker on their car honked, waved, and gave thumbs-up salutes.

Downtown Baltimore

As the publicity surrounding the march builds in both the United States and Iran, attention is starting to focus on Saturday's Iran Freedom Rally at noon in Washington DC's Lafayette Park. Richard Perle, U.S. Assistant Secretary of Defense in the Reagan Administration, has committed to be the keynote speaker of the event. Former Ambassador Mark Palmer will also speak at the rally, and Senator Rick Santorum has written a gracious letter in support of the efforts of Dr. Corsi and his fellow Freedom Marchers that also reiterates his own support for the right of the Iranian people to choose their own government.

On the waterfront at Baltimore Harbor

cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: ActivistChat.com (Free Iran) : Buttons/Pins & Magnets Reply with quote

ActivistChat.com (Free Iran) : Buttons/Pins & Magnets

These bags of FREE IRAN buttons/pins and magnets are great for large crowds, demonstrations, inexpensive handouts, and of course, only for TRUE ACTIVISTS!

[url=http://www.cafepress.com/activistchat/599291]

[/url]
Rasker

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHANGED ITINERARY! meet the walkers at Union Station TEN A.M.Saturday Morning, walk with them down the Mall past the White House to Lafayette Park (2.8 miles) arrive at 12:00 noon Rally across from the White House!
Rasker

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Iran Freedom Walk: Day 10 -- Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Day 10: Elkridge, MD to Laurel, MD

The Iran Freedom Walk continued into its tenth day as the marchers left the outskirts of Baltimore, heading south on Route 1. The road, used since colonial times, is now a byway for trucks, delivery vehicles, cement mixers and a large volume of car traffic.

Dr. Mehrdad Majedi and Roya Teymouri pose with American and Iranian flags

Dr. Jerry Corsi, who is leading the trek in support of peaceful regime change in Iran, wore his trademark red Ohio State University cap and a green rain slicker to ward off a light drizzle, while the other Iran Freedom Marchers wore green and yellow rain slickers and continued to carry their protest signs and Iranian and US flags. The marchers were encouraged by a steady stream of supporting honks and waves from passing fans who had heard about the walk on the radio or on the Internet.

Walking single file on a narrow road shoulder

Dr. Corsi spent much of the day on his cell phone with talking to government officials and radio talk show hosts. Midway through the morning, he informed his fellow marchers that he had been in touch with both the White House and the Vice President's office. Dr. Corsi told the marchers that President Bush had offered his encouragement, thanked them for their efforts to bring greater attention to the plight of the Iranian people, and agreed to press for better treatment of those political prisoners being held in Iran by the ruling mullahs.

This news was received with heartfelt appreciation and some tears from the Iranian marchers. "God bless America, and God bless George Bush," said Yousef Dinmaghani. The marchers continue to be impressed with and grateful for the President's actions in support of freedom in the Middle East.

One reason for the considerable attention paid to the marchers as they moved steadily through the hills of Northern Maryland is Dr. Corsi's frequent appearance on various talk radio shows. G. Gordon Liddy has taken a particular interest in the Walk, and it appears that his listeners include a number of truck drivers and commuters. When Dr. Corsi relayed his exact location on Route 1 to Liddy, passing trucks immediately started honking their air-horns and waving.

Trucks roll past as the group moves south toward Washington on Route 1

After a relatively easy 11-mile day, the marchers arrived at Laurel, Maryland, leaving just 21 more miles to their final destination at Lafayette Park, across the street from the White House. The short final leg of the journey will take place on Saturday morning, starting from Union Station at 10:00 a.m., and finishing at Lafayette Park. The Iran Freedom Rally will be held there at noon, featuring speakers including former U.S. Assistant Secretary of Defense Richard Perle, former U.S. Ambassador Mike Palmer, and Dr. Jerome Corsi.

The Iranian Freedom Marchers display their flags, signs and banners in a chilly wind
Scooter

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blank wrote:
I hope I am wrong, looking at the pictures, looks like very few people are participating.

Middle stages of long haul events like these probably tend to have less people attend. I would have loved to take 14 days and join them, but uh, I couldn't take that much time off work. So I'll be there tomorrow.
Rasker

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freedom@iranfree.org
Web site comments
admin@iranfree.org
Media Inquiries
media@iranfree.org
Toll-free Phone
(888) 877-8002

The Iran Freedom Walk: Day 11 -- Thursday, May 26, 2005
Day 11: Laurel, MD to College Park, MD

Setting out in a light rain, the Iranian Freedom Marchers continued their long journey down Route 1 on Thursday. The sun came out later in the day, as the group added another 10 miles to their already formidable total, not to mention a few more blisters.

Dr. Mehrdad Majedi shoulders the American flag

The group met with hospitality and support as they moved toward the District of Columbia. Motorists, pedestrians and vendors were generous in their praise of the walkers and asked many questions.

An increasing number of intersections meant lots of stops and starts on Thursday

Dr. Corsi was again interviewed by G. Gordon Liddy, who has tracked the walk since its beginning nearly two weeks ago in Philadelphia. Many more media outlets, including National Public Radio, Fox News, and MSNBC are expected to cover the Iran Freedom Rally tomorrow at Lafayette Park. The Rally starts at noon and will feature speeches by former Assistant Defense Secretary Richard Perle, former Ambassador Mike Palmer, and a weary but triumphant Dr. Jerry Corsi.

With less than 20 miles left to go, Dr. Jerry Corsi is all smiles

The Maryland National Memorial Park makes an unlikely backdrop for a photo op

Iran Freedom Walk: Day 10 Iran Freedom Walk: Day 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: