[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kurdistan - Land of the Kurd
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dīrī

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Kurdistan - Land of the Kurd Reply with quote

Kurdistan History

The 40 million Kurds are the largest ethnicity in the world without a state of its own. Promised - but never granted- their own country after WWI, Kurds now live in parts of Turkey, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Armenia and Azerbaijan. They are almost universally despised for asserting their identity.

Commonly identified with the ancient Corduene, which was inhabited by the Carduchi (mentioned in Xenophon), the Kurds were conquered by the Arabs in the 7th cent. The region was held by the Seljuk Turks in the 11th cent., by the Mongols from the 13th to 15th cent., and then by the Safavid and Ottoman Empires. Having been decimated by the Turks in the years between 1915 and 1918 and having struggled bitterly to free themselves from Ottoman rule, the Kurds were encouraged by the Turkish defeat in World War I and by U.S. President Woodrow Wilson's plea for self-determination for non-Turkish nationalities in the empire. The Kurds brought their claims for independence to the Paris Peace Conference in 1919.

The Treaty of Sčvres (1920), which liquidated the Ottoman Empire , provided for the creation of an autonomous Kurdish state. Because of Turkey's military revival under Kemal Atatürk , however, the Treaty of Lausanne (1923), which superseded Sčvres, failed to mention the creation of a Kurdish nation. Revolts by the Kurds of Turkey in 1925 and 1930 were forcibly quelled. Later (1937-38 ) aerial bombardment, poison gas, and artillery shelling of Kurdish strongholds by the government resulted in the slaughter of many thousands of Turkey's Kurds. The Kurds in Iran also rebelled during the 1920s, and at the end of World War II a Soviet-backed Republic of Kurdistan existed for almost a year. The Republic was attacked by the Islamic Republic of Iran the same year. Qazi Mohammed, President of the Republic was hanged along with the rest of the Kurdish officials. A Fatwa was sent out. It became permissable to rape Kurdish women and to kill Kurdish men.

With the overthrow of the Iraqi monarchy in 1958, the Kurds hoped for greater administration and development projects, which the new Ba'athist government failed to grant. Agitation among Iraq's Kurds for a unified and autonomous Kurdistan led in the 1960s to prolonged warfare between Iraqi troops and the Kurds under Mustafa al-Barzani. In 1970, Iraq finally promised local self-rule to the Kurds, with the city of Erbil as the capital of the Kurdish area. The Kurds refused to accept the terms of the agreement, however, contending that the president of Iraq would retain real authority and demanding that Kirkuk, an important oil center, be included in the autonomous Kurdish region.

In 1974 the Iraqi government sought to impose its plan for limited autonomy in Kurdistan. It was rejected by the Kurds, and heavy fighting erupted. After the establishment of the Islamic Republic in Iran (1979), the government there launched a murderous campaign against its Kurdish inhabitants as well as a program to assassinate Kurdish leaders. Iraqi attacks on the Kurds continued throughout the Iran-Iraq War (1980-8Cool, culminating (1988) in poison gas attacks on Kurdish villages to quash resistance and in the rounding up and execution of male Kurds, all of which resulted in the killing of some 200,000 in that year alone.

With the end of the Persian Gulf War (1991), yet another Kurdish uprising against Iraqi rule was crushed by Iraqi forces; nearly 500,000 Kurds fled to the Iraq-Turkey border, and more than one million fled to Iran. Thousands of Kurds subsequently returned to their homes under UN protection. In 1992 the Kurds established an “autonomous region” in N Iraq and held a general election. However, the Kurds were split into two opposed groups, the Kurdistan Democratic party and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, which engaged in sporadic warfare. In 1999 the two groups agreed to end hostilities; control of the region is divided between them. In December 2004 they started to unify their two governments.

In Turkey, where the government has long attempted to suppress Kurdish culture, fighting erupted in the mid-1980s, mainly in South East Turkey, between government forces and guerrillas of the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK), which was established in 1984. In 1992 the Turkish government again mounted a concerted attack on its Kurdish minority, killing more than 20,000 and creating about two million refugees. In 1995, Turkey waged a military campaign against PKK base camps in northern Iraq, and in 1999 it captured the guerrillas' leader, Abdullah Ocalan, who was subsequently condemned to death. Some 23,000-30,000 people are thought to have died in the 15-year war. The legal People's Democracy party is now the principal civilian voice of Kurdish nationalism in Turkey. The PKK announced in Feb. 2000, that they would end their attacks, but the arrest the same month of the Kurdish mayors of Diyarbakir and other towns on charges of aiding the rebels threatened to revive the unrest. Reforms passed in 2002 to facilitate Turkish entrance in the European Union included ending a ban on private education in Kurdish; also, emergency rule in SE Turkey was ended. There were also clashes in the 1990s between the Kurds of Turkey and Iraq.

This is how Iran treated Kurds:

http://kurdistan.org/Multimedia/iran.html

In Iran Kurds are not allowed to use their Kurdish names. In Turkey, speaking Kurdish even in private was a crime until 1991. Turkey continues to deny that Kurds have a separate ethnic identity - the official storey is that Kurds are Turks who got lost in the mountains and forgot they were Turkish.

Being the native inhabitants of their land there are no "beginnings" for Kurdish history and people. Kurds and their history are the end products of thousands of years of continuous internal evolution and assimilation of new peoples and ideas introduced sporadically into their land. Genetically, Kurds are the descendants of all who ever came to settle in Kurdistan, and not any one of them. A people such as the Guti, Kurti. Mede, Mard, Carduchi, Gordyene, Adianbene, Zila and Khaldi signify not the ancestor of the Kurds but only an ancestor.

Kurdistan as claimed by Xoybūn at the creation of the UN in San Fransisco in 1945.

WHAT CAN IRAN DO FOR KURDS WHEN DEMOCRACY PREVAILS?
Dīrī

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please state your oppinion more clearly - you who voted for "Why should Kurds want independence - they are Iranians"...

Why is being an Iranian mixed with being an Arian???
Liberty Now !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Original Settlers Reply with quote

I can only say, it's heart renching the amount of pain and suffering that the kurdish people went through in recent history at the hands of world powers, local dispotic governments and wish the world will come to respect all cultures and identities, especially that of the Kurds: these most smart, cultured, civilized people with a history and civilization longer than all other cultures.

Kurds and Lurs and shomali - mazandarani mostly- were amongsts the first settlers of Persia. the Medes and related groups.

the Arians, actually, came to the region or persia much later.

it's not then a mistery that the Medes, like Kurds, Lurs and people of the Caspian region were the forefathers of persian civilization and the Arians learnt from them, the culture of SETTLEMENT, and Agriculture!

Arians were used to travelling with their hurds, and not used to settling down prior to that. they were the horse rider wanderers at a time that Medes accomplished the art of agriculture, township, and communal livings in early settlements.

it's a shame if the original persians are made to feel unwelcome. and I assure you it has nothing to do with the people of the region and everything to do with the global power struggle, colonialism and shameless, fascist, segregatory, racist, chuvinistic world politics! mainly WESTERN POLITICS.

some of the stories in Shahname of Great Ferdowsi, reflects on the Encounters of Arians with the original settlers of the regime, the Medes.

Ferdowsi refers to the fact that Arians called the Medes Northern Settlers of Persia: DIVS! this nick name was earned by my ancestors for their original unwelcoming gestures towards the newcomers or Arians!

seems like the Arians still hold a historic grudge in their genetic memory against the Medes lol such as the reinsurgence of that long grudge in natzi germany by hitler. but gone are the days of Natzi, and Humanity at large longs for peace , acceptance, respect and LOVE. not racism or war.

This is a time for Humanity to come together and leave the differences behind; it's a time of UNITY not Segregation. if anything we need to abandon the borders both the physical and psycological. not to push for more boundaris and separatedness amongst civilizations and cultures.

but that's just my opinion and observation. you are entitled to yours!

anyhow.... I really believe that there will be not much joy left in Iran if it's original settlers : the Kurds, Lurs and Caspian people leave it one day.

and I hope we can all learn to leave together in peace, respect and joy one day, instead.

the more power to the Kurds. Wish them all the best. they deserve the best.

Last edited by Liberty Now ! on Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Dīrī

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense to you my dear friend and your brave words. But Kurds would never accpet to be called Persian. Persian is the word from PARS - And we all know WHERE Pars is... South in todays Iran - namely the Iranian Province of Fars (PARS)... This is where Persians settled when they came with the rest of the Arian Peoples -

The Kurds on the other side - have always resided in their mountains in Kurdistan - and the consept of Kurdistan is far larger than that which is atributed to Kurds in Iran -The Iranian province of "Kurdestan" is only one of 7-10 Kurdish mainly provinces...

The Kurds claim to be descendants of the Medes - which again were Arians - and who mixed with the other cultures residing in Kurdistan - producing the consept of Kurds - Before Kurds were Arian - they were Caucasian - The Hurrian culture covered all of Minor Asia and in the East the Zagros mountains...

So Kurds were not Arian and never have become "completely" Arian - not in their appereance - and not by culture... Kurds can not be claimed Persian because Kurds and Persians are two distinct different people. Language-wise - appereance and culture... the only thing Kurds and Persians EVER shared was the Kurdish Median Empire - With a Kurdish King... And Ekbetan - Todays Hemedan as Capital of his empire...

THEN came the era of greatness for Persians as Cyrus began his rule... But this was only possible as it was a time of weakness for all other nations - including the Hellenic civilization...

So the Persians only got power when Cyrus rose to power in 559 BC... as you can see in the maps below this is how things were...

Here you can read unbias history...

http://www.historyforkids.org/learn/westasia/history/persians.htm
patriot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Compatriots including Kurds,

Drood and Roozbash,

As a persian etnic group of Iran, this is my comment for Kurds:

Dear Compatriots, try to be realistic and treat logical!

Iran or Aryana-Vaeja was named by several arian tribes union under the name of friendship and loyalty to one another!
Media, Persia, Saghdia,Baktria, Aria,......and so far!

Kurdish language belongs to Indo_Iranian group of languages and is very close to persian and that s why many even Iraqi Kurdish could learn persian easily... we share very common words like Shadi,roozbash, khoshi....etc

This is really an ashame that some of you(kurdish) wish for a separated state ...it means to me exactly like what you can explain it as forgetting one family tree !

As long as you can never forget your brother...you will never can deny the fact of Kurdish as the big brothers of Iranians history forever!

This photo as the broken hearted by knives!
Well this is only the plan of Westerns including British Agency for not letting Iran survive because it s too big in middle east !

This photo was once be showed me up by a young fellow Kurdish Kermanshahi who was a friend of mine!
But it hurts me that much I explained him in letters and letters for preventing him thinking like this!

This young Kurdish came once to me and asked me for forgivness and wished me for forgetting this shameful photo that he had sent me!
And I shook his hand and told him to grow love in his heart instead of such Maddonaism none sense exagurations!

Try to stand at the back of each other!
Try never forget that we had Kurdish heros like Timsar Mehdi Rahimi who hadn t sold his honor until the end of his life!
Never forget that he once said: that we are the soldiers of our home and we must protect our land and support our honorable King!

If there is a kurdish amoung us in this chatroom, try to let others know what we think.....
it is no matter if we are persian,Kurdish, Lurish or sistani
As Reza shah II said: it is matter of fact to be Iranian and try to save our homeland besides our belief or etnic group which we belong to!

Love each other and don t try to make our enemies happy!

http://groups.yahoo.Com/group/shahineazadi

Dīrī

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are NOT listening... You are SO consumed in your fascist way of thinking - KURDS ARE NOT PERSIAN... ACCEPT THAT!

Do you think that PERSIANS ARE ANY BETTER THAN KURDS??? NO?? THEN WHY IS FARSĪ THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE??? WHY IS KURDISH CULTURE FORBIDDEN???

AND THAT "SHAH" YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IS JUST ANOTHER SADDAM AND ATATURK... HIS FATHER OPPRESSED KURDS AND SO WILL HE! (Except we Kurds won't let him!)

When that clergy falls - Kurds will be the FIRST of 9 nations in Iran to DECLARE their indpendence - Or EVEN more likely - Kurds will declare their annexation into Iraqi Kurdistan... And the same will happen to Syrian Kurdistan... It will also be annexed into Iraqi Kurdistan - Have a look at Iraq - Kurdistan is a de facto Country... You can not persuade us from having what we DESERVE!

You are just lying to yourself - Kurds are NOT ancient Persians - this policy will be your doom!

The Azeri of Iran, Baloch , Arab, Sistani, Kurd and many more will declared their succession from Iran! you just wait and see Wink

And then you can sit there with your Pars...
Dīrī

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurds are NOT ENEMIES OF IRANIANS - BUT WE ARE ENEMIES OF THE IRANIAN STATE AND ANYBODY WHO WAN*TS TO BE OUR ENEMY!

READ THIS AND THEN TELL ME THAT KURDS WANT TO STAY IN IRAN:

http://www.kurdishmedia.com/news.asp?id=7074
Rasker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just wondering the timing of bringing up this issue when the general uprising is so close. Is this a way to create a diversion and a division? If the opposition to the mullahs remains united, the mullahs are gone. Then all other issues can be decided, including the degree of federalism within Free Iran. If the opposition can be divided, the mullahs might hang on for a while, perhaps long enough to acquire some nukes or ignite a war which might well destroy Iran.
azad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurds are Iranian, not Persian but IRANIANS. And why are you asking us why Kurdish culture is forbidden as if we are the ones doing it...

And it's not like Persian culture is allowed..!

Last edited by azad on Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dīrī

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be silly - Kurds have been fighting united for their own country since the Kurdish author Ehmedź Xanī wrote Mem ū Zīn... That was in the 1670's... but HEY - WHAT WOULD A PERSIAN KNOW ABOUT KURDISTAN AND I'TS HISTORY - OR ANYTHING ABOUT KURDS AND THEIR CULTURE????

Show ME ONE PARS WHO SPEAKS KURDISH!
azad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how was that even closley related to what i was saying?
Liberty Now !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dīrī wrote:
You are NOT listening...

When that clergy falls - Kurds will be the FIRST of 9 nations in Iran to DECLARE their indpendence - Or EVEN more likely - Kurds will declare their annexation into Iraqi Kurdistan... And the same will happen to Syrian Kurdistan... It will also be annexed into Iraqi Kurdistan - Have a look at Iraq - Kurdistan is a de facto Country... You can not persuade us from having what we DESERVE!

let me get this streight. so you're saying you don't want to be part of Iran ( Iranian Kurds) but you want to be Iraqi Kurds. lol

what's the difference? unless some of the western powers ( god damn britain +++) the colonialists brain washed you into this new Chuvinistic attitude, and Enemocity towards Iranians...

isn't that the reason? please be precise, I'm just trying to understand you better.

if not your feeling of hatred towards Iran, how else do you explain this dear?

you want to separate from Iran just to become Iraqi?

how much have american's and brits offered you for this, may I know? (again don't be mad, it's clear to all that they are behind all this).

History: the historic fact - weather you like it or not - is that the Kurds, Lurs and tabarestani have helped hand in hand to creat the country later called persia. now if some Greek like to call it Persia, or officials decided to call it Iran, I can't help it. that's its name.

they should have known that Iran is not the land of Arians, but many other groups. but it doesn't bother me, even though I'm not one of the arians, but my ancestors the Medes were there before the Arians!

my dear, if you're not an enemy of Iran, just calm down, and talk to me.
a better future is simply NOT possible through violence, HATRED, and misconceptions. A secure future is DEFINITELY NOT POSSIBLE by signing in to British/ American agencies and buying into their game. Which other nation has found peaceful and secure nationhood after signing a deal with them? show me one in that region! you are signing into your total destruction. don't tell me we didn't warn you. just wait and see.

If you're just doing this to HURT IRAN, and out of some KURDISH CHUVINISTIC ATTITUDE, and HATRED of 'arians' lol

then I have to say, you're as stupid and wrong in doing so, as those retard leaders and powers who suppressed the Kurdish people!

that's my opinion. now let's hear yours.

Last edited by Liberty Now ! on Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Liberty Now !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasker wrote:
If the opposition can be divided, the mullahs might hang on for a while, perhaps long enough to acquire some nukes or ignite a war which might well destroy Iran.

thank you for that observation.

In fact some elements in the west DO WANT the mullahs to stay!
like it or not, they are the ones behind all this separation talks and encourage hatred amongst diff. groups towards Iran.

It's been part of the original British Colonialist plan. and now American fractions have dived right in, as well.

although, the few brainwashed or bribed leaders and followers of such separatist Ideas, can't even go to the streets of Kurdistan and speak of separation in daylight, without getting their heads cut off by the very same kurdish Iranians there!

same as the southern Khouzestan province. as the Brits succeeded once to separate it from Iran! yet, the true residence of all provinces and cities of Iran are proud Iranians with different cultural backgrounds and will easily give up their lives to protect the geographic integrity of the country.

the Iranian kurds and Arabs and Azeris and Sistani and others, wont mind if people of similar culture want to join Iran! they have been part of the same country to begin with.

even Iraq was a part of us. Tisfoon - now in Iraqi soil- was the Capital of the old Iran once.

anyhow, it's ok don't worry about such talks. I much rather they throw up all their angers and chuvinism right here at me, just so I know what kind of garbage the Brits / Amrican fractions have been feeding them recently.
Dīrī

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are TRUE PERSIANS... or should I say IRANIANS??? But then again it has been the same thing for SUCH A LONG TIME
You are talking about equality and human rights - and you won't even let a TOTALLY different people have their independence.
Let me ask you a question: IF a we held a refferendum in all provinces of "Iran" for example in the Kurdish areas and Arab areas etc- IF this refferendum led to a majority of the people wanting to succeed from "Iran"... Would that be fair??? Would you accept the will of the people?

Besides - Some of you REALY must sstop being so fascist and go read some KURDISH history... You call yourselves "Iranian" and say that ALL people in "Iran" are the same - do you KNOW anything about the KURDS? OR SISTANI? OR BELOUCH? I doubt it...

"Iran" is what Persians have come to call the land THEY are controlling... It is not, I repeat NOT a place where everybody is seen as equal!

The "nation" of Iran may consist of MANEY cultures and sub-nations but howcome NONE of these languages which the sub-nations speak are official languages of the country called "Iran"?
And then you will say that the Mullahs don't give any people their rights - But I am talking about the people of Iran and the Pars in particular - why don't you persians accept that Kurds and Arabs and Sistani and Balouch don HAVE to learn your language?
Can any of you speak ANY Kurdish??? Can any of you say ANYTHING in Balochi?? Unless you ARE of another nation than Persian ofcourse...

Don't come her mixing in the Western nations - none fo them EVER had anything to do with us in the first place... What I am saying are the thoughts of 10 million Kurds in Iran... and probably the thoughts of many other nations!

We can fix our own problems - but that will require DEMOCRACY - That means that I am free to be a separatist - But appereantly many here are the same as those Mullahs...
The Kurds voice MUST be heard - Kurds in majority support the creation of Kurdistan - Kurdistan is NOT to be a part of Iraq - It is AN INDEPENDENT Kurdistan...

As for those of you who are asking: "Do you wanna be part of Iraq instead of Iran??"

You have not gotten the point - you especially should go and study... Kurdish history is FULL of UPRISINGS AGAINTS THE COUNTRIES THAT HAVE OCCUPIED KURDISTAN!
Namely these countries are: IRAN, SYRIA, IRAQ AND TURKEY...

Some fo you are appearently not so smart... Do you honestly NOT know of the deals between Iraq and Iran and Turkey and Syria??? The deals to supress their kurdish minorities???
They have made deals that they must oppress and prosecute any Kurds who wish freedom...
And so now that South Kurdistan - (Iraqi Kurdistan) has become a de facto state - Kurds will rise in ALL other three parts of Kurdistan - East Kurdistan in Iran, West Kurdistan in Syria and North Kurdistan in Turkey...

They WILL demand the right to self-determination...

IF you are speaking of democracy - speak of a refferendum in Iran - And speak of respect for ANY nation within the borders of Iran that wishes independence... Are you honourable enough to show this greatness???

Would ANY of you deny the wish of the people??? Lets say Kurds vote for independence from Iran - will you respect their decision???
blank

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diri:
If every diversity or subculture, as you put it, in Iran decides they want to be independent, then there will be no Iran... That is what Reza Shah was fighting for, to build a united Iran rich in many subcultures. That is why our nation is so rich because we have so many ethnicities, but if we want to communicate with each other in addition to our ethnic language we need to pick a dominant language, Persian is the language of all our poets, scientists etc. a language that all ethnicities, Turks, Lores, Kurds, Bluch, Bakhtiaris everyone could understand and communicate with. In the US, there are many people that speak at home a different language than English, but if they want to be able to read the newspaper, get a job or understand the news on TV, they will have to learn English. Nobody stops Mexican from speaking Spanish, but if they want to have a decent job they have to able to communicate in English with the rest of the population. Please stop your separatisim nonesense... We have only one king and one country....... and please do not divert the main focus of this site, which is to free Iran I will no longer respond to you or anyone who wants to divert the focus of freedom of Iran to some personal agenda, and everyone else should ignore this guy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: