[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

United We Stand For NEW YORK, UN Sept. 14 Rally
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blank

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Both of her sons were executed in Iran in the 1980's Reply with quote

[quote="cyrus"]
cyrus wrote:

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050914/480/nyjs10109141455

Photo/Jennifer Szymaszek)
AP - Sep 14 7:55 AM

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050914/480/nyjs10309142048

)
AP - Sep 14 1:46 PM

blank wrote:
Didn't know there were so many brain washed MKO in the US. What a SHAME.......

We should not expect from the above mothers who their loved ones are executed by Islamist Mafia Clerical Regime thugs, that they should think any different than their lost sons and daughters. However it is absolutely essential for the current MEK leadership to review their past 40 years constructively without any dogma, accept their own mistakes, reject their past Isalmic Ideology as something that does not work as we have seen it in Soviet Union , other places and change direction towards the goal of true free societies, secular democracy and complete separation of religion and state.
Progressive revolutionary and intellectual forces must not focus on getting to the power however they must exist as constructive strong opposition forces to balance the free political system.
Ms. Rajavi incorrectly putting former shah of Iran and Mullahs ruling class in the same category. MEK leadership should not repeat Tudeh party past mistakes and learn from history. MEK leadership should serve national interest of Iranian people and not their own group.
MEK leadership should not close their eyes to the following facts:
1) 1,368 years ago, a great collection of books was kept in the Persian empire's Library at Tees-fun, which was the second biggest center of art, literature, and science in the world. This vast collection of books was set ablaze and destroyed by fundamental Islamist invaders, possibly setting the world's clock back by at least 400 years. The massive libraries so carefully collected by the Sassanian Empire scattered in the capricious winds of the fundamental Islamist edict:“If the books herein are in accord with Islam, then we don't need them. If the books herein are not in [b]accord with Islam, then they are kafir (of the infidel).”
2) Imam Ali ordered to massacre 1000s of Iranian around shiraz……..

Please wake up and see the world without dark glasses and dogma , who is the greatest man of history Cyrus the Great or Mohammad or Imam Ali or Imam Hossein :
[quote]

Thank you Cyrus, you gave the response that I wanted to give to Oppie. We as Iranians do not want to have islamic laws imposed on us and especially on the women......Therefore, as long as their mentality have not changed they are not going to be accepted in our "new Iran".....I hope this is something that Oppie will understand, just like KKK will not be accepted as part of the US culture.... So, my friend Oppie, put a lid on it, and stop giving useless advice to me. Thanks buddy.

Last edited by blank on Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
blank

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spenta wrote:
There were probably about a dozen women out of hundreds in the Mojahed or MKO section of the protest wearing veils. The rest of the women were not, and many were in halter tops cuz it was a stinking hot and humid day in NYC. But leave it to the western press to pick the 2 in veils.
I don't have a problem with women wearing veils. And these women are certainly newsworthy and their painful tragedies very relevant, but they were not representative of the whole. It would have been good if they had more pics showing these women alongside others as a better representation of the range that was present and protesting

I totally agree, and did you notice the head of Kenneth Timmerman in that same picture? Very Happy
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daily Press Briefing
Adam Ereli, Deputy Spokesman
Washington, DC
September 15, 2005

(excerpts)

MR. ERELI: Hello, everybody. Welcome. Is it cold in here? I don't have any
announcements, so we can go straight to your questions.

The freezing lady in the front row. (Laughter.)

QUESTION: I just want my teeth to stop chattering. The Iranian President's
reported remarks that he would be willing to share nuclear technology with
other Islamic nations, does the U.S. have any view on this and what do you
think the purpose of any such sharing would be?

MR. ERELI: I've seen press reports of the remarks. I don't know exactly what
the Iranian President said. Obviously the United States and the international
community have serious concerns about proliferation of weapons of mass
destruction and the technology necessary to make them. This is the subject,
obviously, of international treaties, the subject of concerted international
effort to constrain and prevent this kind of proliferation.

Obviously Iran, as its record demonstrates, has a long history of trying to
develop weapons of mass destruction, supporting terror, so obviously, we view
with concern any suggestion that Iran would seek to contribute to very
destabilizing and unhelpful international behavior. That really is why the
United States and its partners in the international community I think have --
are acting so resolutely and with common cause to prevent Iran from developing
the kind of capabilities that would prove so destabilizing for the region and
for the world as a whole.

And, you know, remarks or reported remarks such as this, I think just serve to
underscore the importance and the urgency of acting together to confront this
threat.

QUESTION: Can I just follow on that?

MR. ERELI: Um-huh.

QUESTION: Why would he say such a thing? I mean, at the United Nations where --
which may be the next stop for international program coming down on Iran, is
this a provocative move? I mean is this a defensive move? I mean can you --

MR. ERELI: As I said, I think we and our international partners view with
concern efforts by Iran to develop nuclear weapons and the implications of
those capabilities for international peace and security.

Yes.

QUESTION: What does the State Department have to say about Russia's support for
Iran's nuclear ambitions?

MR. ERELI: Oh, I think our position on that is very clear. In fact, the
Secretary spoke to it quite directly yesterday in her meetings with members of
the press, in which she said, frankly, the United States and the international
community are working well with Russia in response to Iran's nuclear program.
And really the best evidence of that is Russia's -- the provisions Russia has
implemented in its work on the Bushehr nuclear reactor in ensuring that all
fuel use in that reactor is returned to Russia and maintained under Russian
control. So I think that's very clear evidence of the concern that Russia has
about Iranian activities and the measures that they are prepared to take in
response to those concerns.

QUESTION: Anything on President Putin's visit tomorrow.

MR. ERELI: Well, it's a meeting between President Putin and the White House, so
I'll leave it to the White House to talk about that. I mean, you're familiar
with the general outlines of the issues and the relationship. Obviously, Russia
is an important partner for the United States and a country with whom we have a
good relationship and a number of important issues to work together on, both
bilaterally as well as regionally. And, you know, it's something obviously the
Secretary will be back here for, but I will leave it to the White House to sort
of characterize it, since it's a presidential meeting.

QUESTION: Do you expect the subject of Iran and Security Council referral to be
on the agenda?

MR. ERELI: Again, I'll kick that one over to the White House. I would say on
the subject of Iran and Security Council referral, you know, we are talking
with all the concerned parties on this. It is a matter of broad international
concern and we're all trying to get the same thing, which is Iran to live up to
its international obligations. I think Under Secretary Burns has spoken to that
pretty extensively in New York as well.

QUESTION: Based on the statements coming allegedly from the President today
saying they want to continue and set forth certain nuclear energy to -- nuclear
fuel to other countries. How hopeful are you that it will not be referred to
the UN?

MR. ERELI: Well, I guess I'd put it this way. The issue for us -- I mean not
just us -- I mean the issue for the international community, the EU-3, the IAEA
and others is Iran acting responsibly, Iran living up to its international
obligations, Iran acting in ways that do not increase instability and the
potential for proliferation. Its past actions have consistently gone in the
wrong direction in terms of concealing an enrichment program, in terms of
refusing to respond to IAEA questions about its program, in terms of
unilaterally breaking -- making promises to -- engagements to the EU-3 and then
unilaterally breaking them off.

So there is, I think, a concerted effort to confront that kind of behavior and
to constrain it and to bring Iran in line with the expectations and norms that
the rest of the international follows and that's what our diplomacy is geared
toward, our discussions at the UN, our discussions in Vienna. And I think the
Secretary is very clear on that. We're going to continue to keep up the
pressure so that Iran lives up to its obligations and that's what we're going
towards.

QUESTION: Well, statements such as these can't be very encouraging for any
other outcome, can they? When the country is going ahead and saying we're going
to sell technology to Islamic countries --

MR. ERELI: I think it -- again, as I said earlier, it underscores, once again,
the importance of the international community acting to constrain that kind of
behavior and to ensure that it doesn't happen.

QUESTION: Look, they've obviously heard that from these countries for quite
some times. Is this almost like a nose-thumbing to the rest of the country,
saying regardless of what you guys want, we're still going to go forward in the
way we want to?

MR. ERELI: I'd simply repeat what I said before that, once again, we see that
Iranian behavior and Iranian rhetoric is moving in the wrong direction.
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blank,

Call it useless advice if you wish, but reality in a post-regime Iran will have to be inclusive , politically representitive by the vote as it were, of all people, Muslim included.

This is different from a constitutional matter of a separation between church and state...which I totally support, as you do.

Is MEK calling for an Islamic state of Iran to supplant the Islamic state of Iran that currently exists? To do so would be pointless on their part, and I do not see that is what they are calling for at all.

But if you wish to provide sourced statement to that effect, by all means post it.

The fact that Freedom includes freedom to worship is also paralelled by the tolerance of other beliefs, and their equal rights to worship, and take part in society, politically and otherwise....under a secular system of government.

Do you understand my point now?

Are you being inclusive in their right to protest in equal measure?

True enough they have no claim to say they lead the opposition, this I addressed as a "power struggle" and posed it to all groups, as this divisevness is not helping get you where you all want to be....

It's OK, I expect to get flack for stating the truth of the matter....but how anyone percieves it is not in my power to control...except to further understanding if question arises...

But in all this....it's your (Iranian's --Iran Nation's) revolution...not mine. While I stand with you, in full support...I also stand able to provide an objective opinion....and so I hope it serves you well when I offer it, in constructive criticism at times....blunt and somewhat politically incorrect as it may be.

Think of it, for one day, in one common purpose, coming to the same location to speak in one voice yesterday...the Iranian opposition achieved a pretty remarkable thing.

Can it be sustained is up to all of you....and my intent in pointing these things out is not to insult, or to bash anyone.....it's to get you all to peel off the layers of the onion representing the past, and get to core democratic principals and stay focused.

And this applies to all opposition groups in general, MEK included.

Last edited by Oppenheimer on Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
ViaHHakimi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Putin Another Enemy of FREE IRAN Reply with quote

cyrus wrote:
Putin Another Enemy of FREE IRAN Is Helping Islamist Terror Master

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050915/481/mosb12309151756

Russian President Vladimir Putin, left, and Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmedinejad shake hands during their meeting at the United Nations, Thursday, Sept. 15, 2005. Other persons are unidentified. (AP Photo/ITAR-TASS, Presidential Press Service)

RF, Iran have many regional interests, including in Caspian–Putin.

http://www.itar-tass.com/eng/level2.html?NewsID=2418574&PageNum=0

September 15, 2005
Itar-Tass
itar-tass.com

NEW YORK -- Russian President Vladimir Putin said Russia and Iran have a lot of mutual interests, including in the Caspian Sea region. In his meeting with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Thursday, Putin said, “Russia and Iran have ancient and rather close relations.” He pointed to close cooperation in different fields.

“It’s rather to say last year trade turnover between our countries increased by 43 percent,” the Russian president said.

He noted that Moscow and Tehran “have a lot of regional interests, including in the Caspian Sea region.”

Putin said, “I hope that this positive dynamics will be continued after the election as Iran’s president.”

“Moreover, being Tehran mayor you established very good relations with our major cities – St. Petersburg and Moscow, the capital of Russia,” Putin said, adding that the Iranian president “has positive experience of cooperation with Russia.”

Ahmadinejad said Russia is Iran’s best friend. “Powerful Russia is our best friend. We’re glad that in the recent years you have succeeded in solving many problems in Russia and strengthening your country’s prestige.”

“Powerful Russia is Iran’s best friend and powerful Iran is one of the best friends of Russia,” he added.

“We seek to strengthen Russia’s role in the world,” Ahmadinejad stressed.

He said Iran is ready to develop cooperation with Russia in the future. “Our government is seeking to develop relations with Russia on a long-term basis.” He agreed that Iran and Russia had a lot of close interests, including in the Caspian Sea region.

“I want to thank you for sending a greetings message to me on the election as Iran’s president. It was very friendly and sincere and proved of our deep and multilateral relations,” the Iranian president stressed.

“Our interests at the bilateral level and on the international arena are very close,” Ahmadinejad said. The Iranian president recognised that he had pleasant memories about his visit to Moscow and his meeting with Moscow Mayor Yuri Luzhkov before he was elected president.

Mr. Putin has all the right to praise the new Iranian President, Ahmadinejad, since in the game of dirty politics, Mr. Putin is winner & Ahmadinejad a loser. There is tremendous imbalance between the two as far as education, background & expertise are concerned.

Mr. Putin is an old wolf who has seen lots of rain, as we say in Persian; where as Mr. Ahmadfinejad is not even a lamb in comparison. It should be remembered that Mr. Putin has a superb well known knowledge and background of being one of the directors of KGB. Ahmadinejad is ill matched meeting a person as such. Let aside discussing complicated global politics!

The present Iranian regime is after one thing only! And that is to get hold of Atomic Bomb whatever the cost. As if that is the only solution to all their inherent problems!

Russians are after gaining foot hold in Iran, which is their long lasting policy, they are also after cheating Iran from the wealth derived from oil in Caspian see.

They have already cut the share of Iran from 50% to 20%. Despite of the fact that Iranian oil experts know the extent of our loss, but they have been forced to keep quiet due to the nuclear deal!

The Iranian authorities think that when the D day comes, the Russians will support & back them either in Security Council or any where else. But that is self serving & wishful thinking, since Russians can never forgo their tremendous trade interest with U.S.A. in favor of Minuscule trade with Iran, nuclear deal not withstanding. I bet, if the Iranian case is referred to the Security Council, the best The Russians & their newly acquired friend, China, will do, is to abstain. Which means no help to the Iranian Regime?

If the bulk of trade between the two countries has increased 40%, as Mr. Putin has said. The question is, to whose benefit? No doubt to the benefit of Russia. One has to ask, what Iran has got to export to Russia which has a capacity of 40% increment. Therefore, it must be the other way round. So, where is our benefit & interest? Indeed that imbalance of trade makes Mr. Putin dance of joy!?

Contrary to the statement of this Apprentice President, it has been proved time & again that powerful strong Russia has always been a constant threat to the integrity of our country, not the other way round.

The new President has to read at least the history of the last 200 years of our country to grasp the harsh reality! This kind of a statement reminds us of the statements of the leaders of the defunct Iron Curtain Countries towards long abolished U.S.S.R.!

But then, what one has to expect from a man who dose not know the history of the country that by hook or crook has become its president?

In the last 27 years the Iranian Nation has been deprived of the learned, responsible, knowledgeable personalities to take the seat of Presidency. Right from the beginning each one was worst than the other. Its culmination is this new one.

God bless the Iranian Nation with the next president, if any?!

H. Hakimi,

Norway
Spenta

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent all 40 pics also to Iranian.com with a short article titled Monarchists and Mojaheds:

http://www.iranian.com/PhotoDay/2005/September/NY/1.html

But leave it to JJ to change the sequence of the pics, I had them sequenced a certain way, and he changed them based on his usual oghdehs. I also put down Spenta from Activistchat, and he changed it to Spenta Mazda Rolling Eyes Its O.K., atleast others will see the Monarchist pics, not just the Mojahed ones they had posted so far.

I also believe that the MEK is an important part of the equation, and have always said that. At the protest I didn't observe any animosity between any groups, so yes, individuals may trash each other, but I think the majority of monarchists and Mojaheds are pretty focused on fighting the Mullah$, definately more so than other groups!

Quote:
Blank:I totally agree, and did you notice the head of Kenneth Timmerman in that same picture?

You're kidding, I totally missed that. I didn't know what he looked like, but I just did a Google Image search. So where is he in the pic? or is it a joke, that obviously I have missed, LOL.

Quote:
Oppenheimer : Spenta was worried about France being the "spoiler" in one post to me some time back....I think she can rest easy now after she reads this.

I hope you're right, but we shall see ...

Quote:
Rasker: heh Spenta, did you happen to get her name and phone number for me?

Actually no. Believe it or not she was a photogrpaher, and from what I could see a good one. She had a pretty decent SLR rig and a digital camera. I assume she was with the L.A. satellite media people.

On the same note: While there, I was wondering how come all the younger people were at the Mojahed side with all the families, where they were having a pretty heavy cruising scene. And then I realised, MKO is a cultish thing, so all the children of MKO always showup at these protests as part of how they are brought up. But heck, monarchists never can get their kids to come to these things, because they let them do whatever the h.e.l.l. they want Laughing so who would you much rather have running the country, parents that make you go to their political rallies, or parents that let you do whatever you want , LOL. That is why I am a Monarchist! Cool

Quote:
The pict of the lady with the flag is a keeper! If I were you, I'd write like a reporter covering the story (500 words or less) , and attach the photo to your article and place it in the Washington Times editor's box...

Washington Times ? Shocked You mean the Moonie paper ... uh ... I don't think so. I just can't do something like that.

I really like this guy. He was a dapper gentleman who was all dressed up in that hideous humid heat, and he kept carrying the Batebi picture and gladly posed for everyone. He was very polite and very gracious, really interesting character. It takes alot to do that all day.

The MKO side got pretty messy with all the confetti, they were wearing yellow and blue.

I kinda missed what the deal with the black 'security' T-shirts was. If someone knows, please do tell.
Spenta

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peykeiran's coverage, short and fair, they mentioned all the groups and chose a pic that is not group specific

http://web.peykeiran.com/new/iran/iran_news_body.aspx?ID=26165
blank

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oppenheimer wrote:
Blank,

Call it useless advice if you wish, but reality in a post-regime Iran will have to be inclusive , politically representitive by the vote as it were, of all people, Muslim included.

This is different from a constitutional matter of a separation between church and state...which I totally support, as you do.

Is MEK calling for an Islamic state of Iran to supplant the Islamic state of Iran that currently exists? To do so would be pointless on their part, and I do not see that is what they are calling for at all.

But if you wish to provide sourced statement to that effect, by all means post it.

The fact that Freedom includes freedom to worship is also paralleded by the tolerance of other beliefs, and their equal rights to worship, and take part in society, politically and otherwise....under a secular system of government.

Do you understand my point now?

Are you being inclusive in their right to protest in equal measure?

True enough they have no claim to say they lead the opposition, this I addressed as a "power struggle" and posed it to all groups, as this divisevness is not helping get you where you all want to be....

It's OK, I expect to get flack for stating the truth of the matter....but how anyone percieves it is not in my power to control...except to further understanding if question arises...

But in all this....it's your (Iranian's --Iran Nation's) revolution...not mine. While I stand with you, in full support...I also stand able to provide an objective opinion....and so I hope it serves you well when I offer it, in constructive criticism at times....blunt and somewhat politically incorrect as it may be.

Think of it, for one day, in one common purpose, coming to the same location to speak in one voice yesterday...the Iranian opposition achieved a pretty remarkable thing.

Can it be sustained is up to all of you....and my intent in pointing these things out is not to insult, or to bash anyone.....it's to get you all to peel off the layers of the onion representing the past, and get to core democratic principals and stay focused.

And this applies to all opposition groups in general, MEK included.

I have no problem with "freedom of religion" if they want to worship a broom or mohamad, that doesn't bother me. However, there is a reason they were called a "terrorist organization"; just like there is reason KKK is known for what they are. As long as, MKO wants to force women to wear scarves and brain wash people that they are the "chosen ones", and think they can force themselves on Iranians by terror, then they have no place in the political arena. The most important thing is that they were supporters of Khomeini and collaborated with him in the beggining. Then oops... like Ganji & Frouhars wanted out, and guess what happened tons of them were killed.
I was watching PBS, they were showing the history of Turky and Ataturk. What he did for Turky was unbelievable, he may sound like an authoritarian but he saved Turky from islam. He said anyone with rag on his head or robe who preaches islam outside of a mosque will be beheaded! If women wanted to be part of the work force they had to get rid of their islamic cover, becuase it doesn't mix with a secular government. He even changed the Alphabet from Arabic to Latin.....etc. etc.
I thought to myself Reza Shah the father of MRP was trying very hard to follow the secular state of Ataturk, and I think he achieved that to a great extent. I guess what I am hoping for is someone with Iron clad that can limit islam to the mosques where it belongs, monitor them and make sure they will not infect the society.
blank

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Spenta"]I sent all 40 pics also to Iranian.com with a short article titled Monarchists and Mojaheds:

http://www.iranian.com/PhotoDay/2005/September/NY/1.html

Quote:
Blank:I totally agree, and did you notice the head of Kenneth Timmerman in that same picture?

You're kidding, I totally missed that. I didn't know what he looked like, but I just did a Google Image search. So where is he in the pic? or is it a joke, that obviously I have missed, LOL."

If you look at the picture of the women with the Flag, the one that Rasker was hoping to get her ph # Very Happy his head is right on that flag close to the bottom.
Spenta

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.K. now I see it. That guy had a nasty look, he glared alot.
blank

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spenta wrote:
O.K. now I see it. That guy had a nasty look, he glared alot.

I assume you were there, can you tell me if there were more of monarchists or mko's? and how many do you think attended the rally?
Spenta

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Blank

More MKO, but bear in mind alot of the MKO were entire families with grandparents, children etc.

I wasn't there for the whole thing, and there were other rallies for other countries, but combined the Iranian groups took up about three quarters of the park.

I can't really guess how many, I'm not good with crowd counting, also the crowd density may have varied at different times. I think the media estimates of several thousand, as a figure representing the oscillating crowds throughout the day would probably be accurate.

I really need to emphasize though, that there was no animosity amongst the groups, everyone got along just fine, and as I mentioned before, I even saw MKO cross over to the monarchist side for singing Ey Iran.
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Twenty Thousand Iranians Rally Outside UN Reply with quote

Spenta wrote:
Dear Blank

More MKO, but bear in mind alot of the MKO were entire families with grandparents, children etc.

I wasn't there for the whole thing, and there were other rallies for other countries, but combined the Iranian groups took up about three quarters of the park.

I can't really guess how many, I'm not good with crowd counting, also the crowd density may have varied at different times. I think the media estimates of several thousand, as a figure representing the oscillating crowds throughout the day would probably be accurate.

I really need to emphasize though, that there was no animosity amongst the groups, everyone got along just fine, and as I mentioned before, I even saw MKO cross over to the monarchist side for singing Ey Iran.

Twenty Thousand Iranians Rally Outside UN, Demand Expulsion of Ahmadinejad, Support Democratic Change With Maryam Rajavi

Thu Sep 15, 5:20 PM ET
Source: http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/usnw/20050915/pl_usnw/twenty_thousand_iranians_rally_outside_un__demand_expulsion_of_ahmadinejad__support_democratic_change_with_maryam_rajavi212_xml

Contact: New York Committee Against Ahmadinejad, 646-342-1930 or media@no2ahmadinejad.com

NEW YORK, Sept. 15 /U.S. Newswire/ -- On Wednesday September 14, more than 20,000 Iranians from 40 states across America rallied outside the United Nations Headquarters to condemn strongly the presence of Iran's terrorist president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at the UN and demanded his expulsion.

The demonstrators carried the portraits of the Resistance's leadership and Iran's tri-colored flag and chanted slogans the policy of appeasing the clerical regime, demanding the removal of the terrorist tag against the resistance's pivotal force, the People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran. They also expressed their support for democratic change in Iran with Maryam Rajavi.

In this rally, the biggest-ever by Iranians in the US, Mrs. Maryam Rajavi spoke to the audience via a live satellite feed. She said, "The Iranian Resistance calls for imposing an oil embargo on the clerical regime. The clerical dictatorship must be denied the oil revenues that help preserve its rule... All restrictive pressures imposed on the Iranian nation and its resistance must be ended. The inclusion of the Mojahedin in the terrorist lists of the US and Europe is the most important restriction these countries have applied on the Iranian people and their Resistance... The terror label against the Iranian Resistance movement is the hallmark of the policy of appeasement toward the mullahs' regime. Now that the policy of strengthening the bogus moderates within the regime has failed miserably this label has to be removed."

Thomas von Essen, New York City's Fire Department commissioner on September 11, 2001, address the rally, calling Ahmadinejad a murderer. On behalf of NY City's Police and Fire departments, he expressed his support for the rally by Iranians and democratic change in Iran.

Rabi Daniel Zuker from New York, Reverend James Collins and families of the victims of the 9/11 tragedy, the terrorist bombings in Khobar and Beirut also addressed the rally and denounced Ahmadinejad's visit to the New York. They also declared support for the objectives of the demonstration.

A large number of members of European parliaments, including David Amess and Brian Binley, UK MPs, Lars Rice, Norwegian deputy, Ryszard Czarnecki, member of the European Parliament and Paul Forseth, MP from Canada, expressed support for democratic change by Mrs. Maryam Rajavi and emphasized the need to remove the People's Mojahedin from the list of terrorist organizations.

Soona Samsami, Moslem Eskandar Filabi, Iran's former national wrestling champion, Dr. Ahmad Rajavi and Alireza Jafarzadeh also spoke to the crowd.

The resolution's rally read in part, "The Iranian people demand the overthrow of this regime and democratic change in their country. We commend remarks by the US president who underscored the illegitimacy of the regime's elections and said that a few unelected men are ruling over the Iranian people. We declare that for some time now, the Iranian people have arisen for their freedom. It is time that the world community adopts a decisive policy toward the clerical regime and recognizes the right of the Iranian people for freedom. This regime is on its way out and the future belongs to the Iranian people and Resistance."

The resolution also condemned the mullahs' barbaric atrocities and declared support for the hunger strike by Iranian political prisoners in the Iranian regime's prisons.

http://www.usnewswire.com/
Rasker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U.N. Summit lures protesters from all corners

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050915/wl_nm/un_summit_protests_dc_1

By Joseph A. Giannone Thu Sep 15, 5:55 PM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The gathering of world leaders for the
United Nations Summit this week proved an irresistible stage for thousands of protesters crowding a New York City plaza to draw attention to their causes.

Dozens of groups from Africa, Asia and the United States, some quite obscure, packed into Manhattan's block-long Dag Hammarskjold Plaza hoping to influence U.N. delegates.

Protesters in brightly colored T-shirts, waved signs and held banners, banged drums and shouted into bullhorns. It was a challenging venue, though, as groups were penned in by cattle fences and under constant police watch.

On Thursday, thousands of protesters in blue shirts rallied against China's Communist Party, waving signs and shouting amid thundering drums. They want the party dismantled.

"People here think it's important to let people know what's happening in China," said John Nania, editor-in-chief of dissident publication The Epoch Times and a protest organizer. "The more people who understand, whether its a president, a banker or just people walking down the street, the better."

Close by, about 200 Tibetans also rallied against China, forming a small parade, waving flags and banging drums to protest against China's occupation of Tibet.

Hundreds of
Falun Gong supporters, who have camped out seemingly everywhere in Manhattan for the past year, gathered to protest China's oppression against them.

China banned the spiritual Falun Gong movement in 1999 after branding it an evil sect.

IRANIANS PROTEST TOO

Drowning everyone out on Wednesday were several thousand Iranians from 40 U.S. states and overseas protesting the presence of
Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in New York, saying he had links to terrorist groups and won a rigged poll.

"We are here to tell the U.S. that this administration is not the representative of the Iranian people. The people of the world need to hear what we believe about this regime," said Hamid Dara, a spokesman for New York Against Ahmadinejad.

On Thursday, they returned to focus on Iran's interference in
Iraq, trying to influence the drafting of a constitution and contributing to instability in the war-torn country.

A quieter demonstration was set up by more than 20 religious leaders from different faiths to draw attention to those who live on less than $1 a day.

The three-day vigil included visits from Desmond Tutu, former Archbishop of South Africa. The coalition of religious groups want developed nations and the U.N. to boost aid and accelerate efforts to eradicate poverty.

"We're telling the U.N., let's get serious about poverty. We can do it," Kendall said. "It's simply a matter of political will." Organizer of the religious vigil said they had managed to set up meetings with U.N. and U.S. representatives.

Not every group was so fortunate. Most protesters found themselves sharing tight quarters along a narrow stretch of First Avenue, behind several lines of fencing and policemen.

Still protesters seeking a free Myanmar, dozens complaining of repression in Togo and in Ethiopia raised their voices, on the off chance a delegate passed by. Most protesters seemed to think that chance was worth the effort.

"Earlier we saw the Iranian delegation," said Mehdi Marandi, a party organizer for the Iranian dissidents. "We know they heard us."

Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Washington Times ? You mean the Moonie paper ... uh ... I don't think so. I just can't do something like that.
--------------

Dear Spenta,

(chuckle) OK, forget I suggested that particular paper, your eye witness account simply needs national attention is all...plus the pic, though not for Rasker"s purpose...LOOL!

Thing is I think the expression on her face captures the essence of anticipation....

Blank,

My thoughts regarding MEK as a designated terrorist org are here for the record.

However, there is considerable debate on whether this org should remain on this list, having publicly condemned terrorist acts.

Times change, people change, and that's a fact. In my opinion, I don't think the folks gathered in front of the UN were terrorists. The brought kids, as a family affair yes....but what is this all about as SMCCDI put it...

"It is our hope placed in trust that you (as have the US
President and his Secretary of State and many members of US
Congress in the past) will illuminate the plight of our
people that have struggled to shrug off the oppressors and
theocratic chains which have bound the Iranian people for
so long. Chains which have silenced the voice of the people
in utterance, and stilled them with overwhelming force.
Chains denying the Iranian people a better future for our
children, and our children's children for over a generation
in this process."

.....but a revolution to ensure that kids grow up in freedom from want, from fear, to live in dignity and raise their own kids in the same way eventually as they themselves become parents...

So if they brought their kids to be a part of that piece of history that just took place outside the UN yesterday...I think they were concious of the generational ramifications for the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: