[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iranian Cleric's Web Site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TeachESL

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:44 am    Post subject: Iranian Cleric's Web Site Reply with quote

Can I have some feedback on this site? He seems quite moderate to me.

http://www.webnevesht.com/en/#
stefania

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He seems... but he is not...

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
TeachESL

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:28 am    Post subject: Cleric Reply with quote

Hi Stefanie: Could you be more specific? I said that only because he sent out Christmas greetings on the site; and talked about attending a celebration for Zoroastrations (not sure how to spell that). Also, he talks about how others feel that - as a cleric - he has no business operating a web site.
redemption

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Cleric Reply with quote

TeachESL wrote:
Hi Stefanie: Could you be more specific? I said that only because he sent out Christmas greetings on the site; and talked about attending a celebration for Zoroastrations (not sure how to spell that). Also, he talks about how others feel that - as a cleric - he has no business operating a web site.

I haven't looked at the site... but the bottomline is that being a cleric doesn't make you the devil.. however - all Clerics that aren't in Iranian prisons are likely devils.

Meaning: The good ones are all in prison..
stefania

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if he works for the islamic republic, even for khatami, he is a deciever..

otherwise, if he is an exile, then it is ok..

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
TeachESL

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: Cleric's Web Site Reply with quote

Stephania and Redemption: Thank you both for responding to me. Maybe you should both take a closer look at it. There is also another web site which I found interesting called www.submission.org. While being committed to Islam, it takes the stand that all righteous people (whether Jew or Christian) will be judged as good people (in Judaism we say that all the righteous of the world have a place in the World to Come). I really need to know - as do other non-Moslems - whether there is another face of Islam other than the one that is being shown by the Taliban and Wahabee. BTW, it was just announced that the PA is establishing Sharia Law in the areas under their jurisdiction.
Irani

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khomeini said the nicest things about freedom and democracy and human rights. Of course all of that changed as soon as he took over power. He ordered hundreds of thousands to be executed because they weren't Islamic enough. Don't be decieved by any mullah, EVER! Some of them might appear to be moderate, modern, progressive, liberal, and enlightened and all of those good things. Deep down, they are all the same evil murderering fanatics who rape virgin girls by the thousands before they execute them so the girls won't go to heaven. This website is just for public consumption. I bet you this mullah would turn out to be exactly like Khomeini if he had any power. Khomeini said the nicest things about religious minorities before he took over, just so they would vote yes to an Islamic system. The same goes about this submission.org. This "as long as you are good, you will go to heaven" is nothing but an attempt to give a better face to Islamic fanatics. Back in Islamic countries, the same people teach muslim kids that Jews and Bahais are filthy and idolators and atheists/agonists are to be executed on the spot. Christians are not to be befriended and must be fought until they accept Islam. This is what they taught us at schools. I knew Bahai kids in our neighbourhood whose had uncles and aunts that were executed just because their religion isn't accepted by Islam. And don't forget this is exactly what Muslim invaders they did to our Zoroastrian ancestors for many Centuries until they accepted Isalm. They teach a harsher version of the same kids in Saudi Arabia or Yemen or Afghanestan and brainwash them with nothing but hate. The only difference is that in these countries, shiites are considered filthy infidels too. I will believe their "moderate" Islam when they start practicing it. Don't forget that talk is cheap.
safron

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: you are right... Reply with quote

Irani wrote:
Khomeini said the nicest things about freedom and democracy and human rights. Of course all of that changed as soon as he took over power. He ordered hundreds of thousands to be executed because they weren't Islamic enough. Don't be decieved by any mullah, EVER! Some of them might appear to be moderate, modern, progressive, liberal, and enlightened and all of those good things. Deep down, they are all the same evil murderering fanatics who rape virgin girls by the thousands before they execute them so the girls won't go to heaven. This website is just for public consumption. I bet you this mullah would turn out to be exactly like Khomeini if he had any power. Khomeini said the nicest things about religious minorities before he took over, just so they would vote yes to an Islamic system. The same goes about this submission.org. This "as long as you are good, you will go to heaven" is nothing but an attempt to give a better face to Islamic fanatics. Back in Islamic countries, the same people teach muslim kids that Jews and Bahais are filthy and idolators and atheists/agonists are to be executed on the spot. Christians are not to be befriended and must be fought until they accept Islam. This is what they taught us at schools. I knew Bahai kids in our neighbourhood whose had uncles and aunts that were executed just because their religion isn't accepted by Islam. And don't forget this is exactly what Muslim invaders they did to our Zoroastrian ancestors for many Centuries until they accepted Isalm. They teach a harsher version of the same kids in Saudi Arabia or Yemen or Afghanestan and brainwash them with nothing but hate. The only difference is that in these countries, shiites are considered filthy infidels too. I will believe their "moderate" Islam when they start practicing it. Don't forget that talk is cheap.

I agree - in theory this is the case with many relgions and leaders who gain power or anyone for that matter who enters into a position of unchecked power and has shaky ethical, moral and all-around discipline.. I can imagine a scenario when this regime eventually falls from power by which many Iranians revert back to Zoroastrianism - Judaism and Christianity and Islam becomes non-existant in Iran over a period of a few generations. It seems likely...

What is your take on comments made by Bush yesterday as well as Powell? And has anyone else here become completely frustrated with the lack of quality coverage of Bush statements and their implications...
?

--Let freedom reign..
Spenta

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Khomeini said the nicest things about freedom and democracy and human rights.

Only after he arrived in France, after extensive coaching by his handlers. Never before he sat under an apple tree in France, at the suggestion of western press, who thought that would make him appear more saintly.

Prior to that in all of his cassette recordings and writings, books, sermons, and dissertations over 20 years he was very clearly opposed to equality for women and the land reforms that gave the land back to the peasants from the clergy and royalty (by the Shah's White Revolution in the '60s, which was also the start of his political opposition to the shah and his subsequent exile), he was also opposed to westernisation, believed in Sharia law, beastiality and sexual molestation of children, opposed to religious freedom, and believed in barbaric and medieval corporeal punishment. All of this is fully documented in over 20 years of his spoken and written words.

Before the people voted for him, he publicly gave away the following additional clues about what a genocidal maniac and despot he was: when asked how he felt upon arriving in Iran after exile, he said "Heechi" (nothing), he also added "Islam grew with blood, this revolution needs blood to grow", he ordered everyone to go out and get martyred for weeks, and he also added: "There is no Joy in Islam".

It took Playboy and Penthouse magazine no time to get his writings translated into English and published which showed his approval of beastiality alongside other outrageous things!

So it comes as a surprise that Iran's top intellectuals and political groups such as Jebhe Melli/INF, Tudeh and Mojahedeen couldn't do research as well as Playboy to find out who and what they wre supporting. And apparently French philosphers like Michel Foucoult who hailed Khomeini and the Islamic Republic also couldn't do research as well as Playboy and Penthouse. Same for other French philosopher fans of Komeini such as Jean Paul Sartre and Simone De Bourvoir. Ditto for US government officials like Andrew Jackson of the Carter Administration who called Khomeini a saint, while demonsiing the Shah as a monster. Same as much of the western press which hailed Khomeini as a saint who could do no wrong and the Shah as a monster who did nothing but wrong.

Lessons learned: Playboy and Penthouse do excellent research!

People say they don't understand how the Iranian people were fooled. What about US government officials, French philosphers, the western press and Iran's best educated who all hailed Khomeini as a saint who could do no wrong while they demonised the Shah as a monster who did nothing but wrong?

Lessons learned from the above: Smart people scan miss what is obvious to idiots, and people can miss what is right under their noses. Heck they can even miss it when it hits them in the head.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: