[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shah's Persepolis Celebration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmirN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Shah's Persepolis Celebration Reply with quote

Some three decades ago, the Shah put forth a magnificent display celebrating 2500 years of monarchy in Iran. The celebration took place at Persepolis, the symbol of Iran’s glorious past.

It is quite unfortunate that throughout my life I have repeatedly heard some Iranians complain about and mock that event. They complained that exuberant moneys were spent to celebrate an unnecessary event. That this was another example of the Shah “squandering” away the country’s resources. That the Persian Empire was ancient history, and has no bearing on the lives of modern Iranians. That the Shah was glorifying his own legitimacy as a monarch. That blah blah blah…

So was the Shah just bored and in need of a lavish gala? I think not.

Iran is a cultural mixture of various ethnic groups and diverse peoples. Add to that the sinister influence that Islam has on its people, and it is evident that peripheral factors can compromise the individual’s allegiance to the nation as a whole. Yet, paradoxically, Iran has retained its identity throughout its ages. The reason is our strong sense of self, which has been molded by our long and rich history.

What unites a people can come in many forms. One of the strongest of these factors is a rich history. Though our history is millennia old, I for one feel it in my bones, to the core. I know I am not alone in feeling such a connection to our past. Every Iranian worth his or her salt feels a similar sympathy for our ancestors, as if the events happened yesterday. We are not unique in feeling a common bond via our shared history; all humans do the same. What makes us more unique as Iranians is that we are among a handful of nations who have such an old civilization, and have miraculously managed to retain it through the centuries.

So what was the Shah trying to do? To unite us under the proud banner of our history. To solicit the allegiance of Iranians to Iran. To remind us that we all have more in common than we realize. To show us that we have something more noble to follow than the hateful teachings of the Arabic conquerors of Iran.

Unfortunately, Iran was deaf that day.

I was much too young to understand or remember that event when it occurred. But as an adult, I now comprehend and appreciate that noble deed. And I thank you, Shahanshah.

Amir Nasseri
I am Dariush the Great King, King of Kings, King of countries containing all kinds of men, King in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenian, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage

Naqshe Rostam

Last edited by AmirN on Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Liberator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shahanshah, we shall never forget.

Ba Sepaas

www.anjomane-padeshahi.org
http://aryamehr11.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: