[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Separatists Discuss Future of Iran
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViaHHakimi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: RE: AEI - Iran conference Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Ledeen,

I am an Azerbaijani. My family name is proof of it. I do not need to identify myself any further.
I always appreciated your efforts to free Iran.
But this recent act of holding a conference of Iranian separatists has come as shock not only to me but to the majority of Iranians.
I have to confess that I am an Iranian First & then Azerbaijani, not the vise versa.
Please carry on your good work & do not disappoint patriotic Iranians!
Thank you Sir,
H. Hakimi,
Oslo,
Norway

Dear Mr. Ledeen,

The individuals who are the panelists at AEI’s event on October 26, 2005, “The Unknown Iran; Another Case for Federalism?”are not representatives of Azerbaijanis, Kurds, Baluchis, and Arabs. Some of the panelists support extremist views that are not supported by most Azerbaijanis, Kurds, Baluchis, and Arabs
Some of the panelists have a record of activities against the interests of the Iranian people. Some of the panelists have supported the effort to disintegrate Iran.

The overwhelming majority of the individuals and groups in the Iranian democracy movement support a democratic form of government that will respect the rights of all Iranians, including Azerbaijanis, Kurds, Persians, Baluchis, Arabs, Turkmen and other religious or dialect minorities. However, there are different views regarding federalism, and it is not an issue that can be resolved before the liberation of Iran. Emphasizing the issue of federalism today will cause further harmful divisions among political groups, and delay Iran’s liberation from the despotic rule of the mullahs. The best course is for political groups with diverse views to work together to achieve the high priority goal of liberating Iran, and resolve divisive issues such as federalism after the fall of the Khomeinist regime.

Many Iranians appreciate previous efforts by AEI to support the Iranian democracy movement, and they are shocked and disappointed by AEI providing a platform to extremist individuals who promote distorted and divisive agendas. Those who seek to disintegrate Iran are not part of the solution; they are part of the problem. Any activities to promote extremist separatists will help the agenda of the terrorist Islamic Republic.

I urge AEI to be very careful in its actions regarding Iran, and avoid activities that will help the terror masters in Tehran. AEI has previously provided important support for the Iranian democracy movement, and we hope that AEI will continue to stand with the Iranian people in the future in the struggle to free Iran and the world from the tyranny of the Islamic Republic.

Regards,
Shirin Tabibzadeh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: