[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A True Story About Neil Armstrong For Good Laugh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: A True Story About Neil Armstrong For Good Laugh Reply with quote

A True Story About Neil Armstrong

ON JULY 20, 1969, AS COMMANDER OF THE APOLLO 11 LUNAR MODULE, NEIL ARMSTRONG WAS THE FIRST PERSON TO SET FOOT ON THE MOON.

HIS FIRST WORDS AFTER STEPPING ON THE MOON, "THAT'S ONE SMALL STEP FOR MAN, ONE GIANT LEAP FOR MANKIND," WERE TELEVISED TO EARTH AND HEARD BY MILLIONS.

BUT JUST BEFORE HE REENTERED THE LANDER, HE MADE THE ENIGMATIC REMARK "GOOD LUCK, MR. GORSKY."

MANY PEOPLE AT NASA THOUGH IT WAS A CASUAL REMARK CONCERNING SOME RIVAL SOVIET COSMONAUT.

HOWEVER, UPON CHECKING, THERE WAS NO GORSKY IN EITHER THE RUSSIAN OR AMERICAN SPACE PROGRAMS.

OVER THE YEARS MANY PEOPLE QUESTIONED ARMSTRONG AS TO WHAT THE "GOOD LUCK, MR. GORSKY... STATEMENT MEANT, BUT ARMSTRONG ALWAYS JUST SMILED.

ON JULY 5, 1995, IN TAMPA BAY, FLORIDA, WHILE ANSWERING QUESTIONS FOLLOWING A SPEECH, A REPORTER BROUGHT UP THE 26-YEAR-OLD QUESTION TO ARMSTRONG. THIS TIME HE FINALLY RESPONDED.

MR. GORSKY HAD DIED, SO NEIL ARMSTRONG FELT HE COULD ANSWER THE QUESTION.

IN 1938 WHEN HE WAS A KID IN A SMALL MIDWEST TOWN, HE WAS PLAYING BASEBALL WITH A FRIEND IN THE BACKYARD.

HIS FRIEND HIT THE BALL, WHICH LANDED IN HIS NEIGHBOR'S YARD BY THE BEDROOM WINDOWS.

HIS NEIGHBORS WERE MR. AND MRS. GORSKY.

AS HE LEANED DOWN TO PICK UP THE BALL, YOUNG ARMSTRONG HEARD MRS. GORSKY SHOUTING AT MR. GORSKY.

"SEX! YOU WANT SEX?! YOU'LL GET SEX WHEN THE KID NEXT DOOR WALKS ON THE MOON!"

TRUE STORY.
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Cyrus,

Here's a story that has become somewhat of a legend in the space program.

As folks may know, the Apollo astronauts trained in the Sowthwestern US, in high desert terrain....on the Navaho Indian reservation.

One day an elderly Navaho and his grandson came on horseback to the training site, and the young boy who spoke English asked the astronauts on behalf of his elder if he might "give them a letter to take with them to the moon people."

Well, being reasonable folk, and wishing to accomodate the locals...they smiled and agreed to do so.

So the old Navaho gave them the letter....written in Navaho...and the two went on their way.

The astronauts were curious about what the letter said, so they asked folks around the reservation, showing them the letter...but were just answered with smiles...and sometines a giggle...till finally they were in town at a store asking again...when a young man came in tired and thirsty from work and when asked, he said, "well if you buy me a soda, I'll tell you." To which the astronauts redily agreed.

The man took the letter, and read it aloud....and this is what it said:

"DEAR MOON PEOPLE, WATCH OUT FOR THESE GUYS. THEY COME TO STEAL YOUR LAND!"
sudi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, heh! Thanks for sharing these stories.

How about this conspiracy theory ... if nothing else, it's good for a laugh:

"one conspiracy theory states that, we DID go to the moon, with the first mission being on the dark side of the moon in the Sea of Tranquility. The crew, after leaving the lunar module, WERE greeted by a craft whose occupants, instead of being friendly, gave the impression that we were not welcome there. That is why, so they say, we have not gone back to the moon. At least not to the dark side."
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sudi,

The Sea of Tranquility is located on the side facing Earth, and no mission was landed on the dark side (the side facing opposite Earth) because there would have been no way to maintain communication, which is "line of site" dependant.

If you remember, as the command modual would go around the moon, it had reguglar periods where there was no communication as the moon itself was between it and Earth as it orbited.

As constant communication was deemed a safety factor, no mission to the dark side was ever entertained.
sudi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad, my typo! My post should've said "with the first mission being on the dark side of the moon instead of the Sea of Tranquility."

However, you miss the point ... I know the "first mission" (the only mission) was not to the dark side of the moon, that's why I referred to it as a "conspiracy theory" that "if nothing else, it's good for a laugh".

I assumed that everyone knows about the many ridiculous conspiracy theories surrounding the mission to the moon. One theory even suggests that the entire mission was a hoax (staged) and we never landed on the moon. I retold one such story for the humor value.
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sudi,

Don't worry, I didn't think you'd bought into it...(chuckle)...I was just rambling ....There were several landings Apollo 8-10 were non-landing missions to test equipment, etc.

11- 17 were actual landings. Except 13, which was a near disaster.

I have heard of the conspiracy that it was all filmed in Hollywood, but then how did they obtain pictures of Earth from the moon?

Myth buster....at your service....Lool!
Rasker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The British did it! The akhoondi Queen and her lizard eating cohorts! Razz
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Rasker,

LOOL! I'm convinced Liberty Now! would agree with you 100% (chuckle).

Too funny...those crazy lizard eaters...its all their fault....LOOL!
blank

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Irish are not alone, Brits are most disliked by Iranians we have a famous saying that describes these feelings:
"Lift the beard of any mullah and underneath it, it says made in England" Smile So, Liberty is not alone in her mistrust and despise towards British government.
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah well, they arn't responsible for putting a man on the moon, Blank...so methinks you failed to see the humor in Rasker's post...

By the way, the Russians just launched Iran's first satelite today...a communications bird, with photo capability for crop and environmental data gathering.

don't know if it was sucessfuly deployed or not yet.

Last edited by Oppenheimer on Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rasker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our Brit-hating friends in here, had better pray that Tony Blair is still in office at the crucial time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: