[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prince Charles to Explain Islam to American Public ?????????
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViaHHakimi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Prince Charles to Explain Islam to American Public ????????? Reply with quote

Re: If it wasn't for the British what would happen to Islam?

Is this normal for a member of British Royal Family to preach Islam in U.S.A.???????????????
And HE is supposed to be the head of ANGELICAN church?
And if we talk about conspiracy, some people say we are outlandish!?

H.H.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 1:32 AM
To: 'Un-Disclosed'
Subject: FW: If it wasn't for the British what would happen to Islam?

This is for the attention of those who do not believe in conspiracy…
What is this??
Just see to what level Britons are cheap to support a bunch of dirty mullahs.
What America is about to do is the right way,
if a house gets termite, cutting one piece from the wood does not solve the problem, the root must be dried.
If rat seen a house killing one does not solve the problem, its root must be taken out.
This prince danced tango with Khatami, it will dance with Ben Laden and this time is supporting Ahmadinejad, the man who said “Wipe Israel off the map”

Hc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: November 1, 2005 7:15 PM
To: ط
Subject: If it wasn't for the British what would happen to Islam?

If you please take a look at this one-column article, you will see why I insist that the British are really more devoted to Islam than people of west Asia.

Here you will see how the Prince of England claims that he is in America to discuss America’s need for leniency on Islam….. (Praise the Lord of Buckingham)….Next you know he is going to make a pilgrim to Mecca! Mark my word, you will be surprised.

FA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prince Charles to Explain Islam to American Public
By Foreign News Desk
Published: Monday, October 31, 2005
zaman.com

http://www.zaman.com/?bl=international&alt=&trh=20051101&hn=25916

Prince Charles of Wales will explain the virtues of Islam to the US President, George W. Bush, and the American people this week.

According to British daily Sunday Telegraph, Prince Charles thinks the United States has been too "intolerant" of Islam since 11 September 2001.

During his eight-day visit, Prince Charles will try to convince Bush about the merits of Islam and attend some conferences on religions at various platforms.

The Prince of Wales had expressed his concerns earlier regarding Washington's "confrontational" approach to Muslim countries and its failure to understand the strength of Islam.

He came together with senior Muslims in London following the September 11 attacks and said, "I find the language and rhetoric coming from America too confrontational."

According to one of his aides speaking to the newspaper, the Prince had never extended a political message in terms of the religion and only requests different religions to understand each other and be tolerant of each other in order to allow good relations to develop among religions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Prince Charles to plead Islam's cause to Bush
By Andrew Alderson, Chief Reporter
(Filed: 29/10/2005)

Other US-related stories

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/10/30/nchas30.xml

The Prince of Wales will try to persuade George W Bush and Americans of the merits of Islam this week because he thinks the United States has been too intolerant of the religion since September 11.

The Prince, who leaves on Tuesday for an eight-day tour of the US, has voiced private concerns over America's "confrontational" approach to Muslim countries and its failure to appreciate Islam's strengths.
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Prince Charles Last Dance With Ayatollahs Reply with quote

Prince Charles Last Dance With Ayatollahs
Images Worth More Than 1000 Words

Last edited by cyrus on Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:57 am; edited 2 times in total
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Who Killed Our Princess Diana? Reply with quote

Who Killed Our Princess Diana?

The British people should ask the following questions:
Is Princess Diana murdered or it was just an accident?
Who killed her?
If Princess Diana murdered then who had the motive to kill Princess Diana?
What did she know and what was she doing that it was very dangerous to the part of corrupt British establishment ?
Did Princess Diana campaign to stop Landmine were creating problem for British Royal family?
What did she know about British Royal family connections to Landmine factories in Britain?
Did she step on Royal family Landmines?
Was she becoming too powerful popular people's person?

There are many great British men and women like Princess Diana who are not aware of what is happening against their wishes behind the secret close doors by small groups of people in the name of British National Interest.
There is no honor to support Islamic Mafia against Iranian people. The honorable British people should ask the following questions from Tony Blair: What are the hidden relations between British government and Islamic Clerical Mafia Regime in Iran ?
The first step in the right direction Mr. Tony Blair should fire Jack Straw for past 4 years failed policy regarding Iran.

----------------------------

What's the problem with Antipersonnel landmines?

http://www.icbl.org

Antipersonnel landmines are still being laid today. These - and mines from previous conflicts - continue to claim victims in every corner of the globe each day. The situation has improved in recent years, but a global mine crisis remains and there is still a lot to be done before we live in a mine-free world.

Indiscriminate
Antipersonnel mines cannot be aimed: they do not distinguish between the footfall of a soldier or a child.
They lie dormant until a person or animal triggers their detonating mechanism.
Then, landmines kill or injure civilians, soldiers, peacekeepers and aid workers alike.
Young campaigner adds shoe to pyramid showing lost lives and limbs. Handicap International demo, Paris, 1997. Credit: John Rodsted.
Inhumane
When triggered, a landmine unleashes unspeakable destruction.
A landmine blast causes injuries like blindness, burns, destroyed limbs and shrapnel wounds.
Sometimes the victim dies from the blast, due to loss of blood or because they don’t get to medical care in time.
Those who survive and receive medical treatment often require amputations, long hospital stays and extensive rehabilitation.
The injuries are no accident, since landmines are designed to maim rather than kill their victims.
Stolen lives, limbs and livelihoods
Mine deaths and injuries over the past decades now total in the hundreds of thousands.
It is estimated that there are between 15,000 and 20,000 new casualties caused by landmines and unexploded ordnance each year. That means there are some 1,500 new casualties each month, more than 40 new casualties a day, at least two new casualties per hour.
Most of the casualties are civilians and most live in countries that are now at peace.
In Cambodia, for example there are almost 40,000 landmine survivors recorded between 1979 and 2002. These are the survivors. Some 18,000 people were killed in this period. More than 60 % of the total casualties, numbering some 57,000, were civilians (source: Landmine Monitor Report 2003).
"Working Legs" - close-up of an Angolan farmers prosthetic leg. Leuna. Angola, 1997. Credit: Tim Grant
Development disaster
Landmines deprive people in some of the poorest countries of land and infrastructure.
Once there is peace most soldiers will be demobilized and give in their guns, mines however don't recognize a cease-fire.
They hold up the repatriation of refugees and displaced people.
They also hamper reconstruction and the delivery of aid.
Assistance to landmine survivors can be an enormous strain on resources.
Landmine casualties deprive communities and families of breadwinners.
Mines also kill livestock and wild animals and wreak environmental havoc.
Landmines are everywhere
Every region in the world is mine-affected.
More than 80 countries are affected to some degree by landmines and/or unexploded ordnance.
Nobody knows how many mines are in the ground. But the actual number is less important than their impact: it can take only two or three mines or the mere suspicion of their presence to render a patch of land.
Some of the most contaminated places are Afghanistan, Angola, Burundi, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Cambodia, Chechnya, Colombia, Iraq, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
Some countries with a mine problem don’t provide much public information about the extent of the problem such as Myanmar (Burma), India or Pakistan.
Still work to be done
Sadly, antipersonnel landmines are still being planted today and minefields dating back decades continue to lie in wait of innocent victims.
Vast stockpiles of landmines remain in warehouses around the world and a handful of countries still produce the weapon.
More info
For information about a country or region's mine problem see our country pages: www.icbl.org/country and the annual Landmine Monitor report: www.icbl.org/lm

Last edited by cyrus on Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:59 am; edited 3 times in total
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd take a stab at adding some captions to the photo spread.....

in order from top to bottom.

1. Back to back at twelve paces....Both: "hey, who took my dueling pistol?"

2. "Once upon a time in merry England..sitting on a park bench...eyeing little girls with bad intent..." "Do tell."

3. "After you"..."no after you"...."no I insist, after you"....no please, after you"...."ah but I insist"(shove)....

4. "Ah my good man, is that piss in your beard?" "Indeed sir, it is!"

5. De Villipin: "OH GOD! another Blond joke...why do I bother coming to these boring parties anyway?"
blank

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oppenheimer wrote:
Thought I'd take a stab at adding some captions to the photo spread.....

in order from top to bottom.

1. Back to back at twelve paces....Both: "hey, who took my dueling pistol?"

2. "Once upon a time in merry England..sitting on a park bench...eyeing little girls with bad intent..." "Do tell."

3. "After you"..."no after you"...."no I insist, after you"....no please, after you"...."ah but I insist"(shove)....

4. "Ah my good man, is that piss in your beard?" "Indeed sir, it is!"

5. De Villipin: "OH GOD! another Blond joke...why do I bother coming to these boring parties anyway?"

Hey Oppie, did you get that from the post where the mullah had a dream that the queen had peed in his beard... Laughing Laughing I think that would be
mighty erotic for a raghead...... Very Happy
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it was the yellow tinge to it that clued me in....
Spenta

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prince Charles has been too tolerant of the gross human rights violations of Islam!

What an a**hole!

The US has not been intolerant of Islam, most American Muslims are better integrated into American society than their European and UK counterparts. Americans are just not as tolerant of gross human rights violations committed by Islam the way the Europeans are!
Morning Light

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately that man will probably never ascend to the throne of England.

By preaching Islam he destroyed his image, which is essentially all the royal family is kept for.

The King of England is someone the Britons want to be their icon now, the icon being a great strong good looking man (He is already too old for that part), embracing of traditional British Values (Ruined that with the preachign Islam), upholding the glory of the Church (Again he ruined that image), protecting the Church (His Islam preaching ruined that image to), and a figure of intellect (He ruined that image as well).

So you don't need to worry about the King of England being pro-Mullahcracy, and anti-democratic, not that it would make much of a difference anyway.
AmirN

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spenta, you are absolutely right about the difference between the Americans and Europeans in dealing with Islam. For the most part, the Americans treat moslems with relative respect (although I can't understand why). The Europeans mostly view them as the scum of the earth. Look at the slums in Europe, especially France. I'm sure you are aware of the riots in Paris, driven by the moslem immigrant population who are confined to the slums. I don't know who to blame more, the snobby French who treat these moslems like animals, or the immigrant moslems themselves, who are trying to turn Paris into the Gaza Strip with their violence.

But turning to a different subject, a few nights ago, around Halloween, I was watching Jay Leno. He said something to the effect of "I was watching news coverage and noticed two Gobblins getting out of a plane in a US airport; I thought it was because of Halloween, but as I looked closer, I noticed it was Prince Charles and Camilla." Laughing
I am Dariush the Great King, King of Kings, King of countries containing all kinds of men, King in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenian, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage

Naqshe Rostam
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the most part, the Americans treat moslems with relative respect (although I can't understand why).

------------

well, it's got something to do with the plaque on the statue of liberty that goes:"give me your tired, your poor, your oppressed masses yearning to be free....."

It still means something in America....and yeah, the French gave us that statue...

It also has to do with the fact that America is a nation of immigrents...multi ethnic, multi lingual, multi religious, and as much a meltingpot of cultural identity as Iran, if not more so.

Everyone is equal, under the law, no one is above the law, and the respect given is earned by those who respect the law and diversity which this nation incorperates into its Bill of Rights, and constututional framework.

I will say one thing about Iran and it's Muslim population. A future free Iran must include all cultures and religions without reprisal or bigotry if it is to become a true democracy.

Obviously that is not the case today....but in a free Iran, the average Muslim individual should not suffer because of a few Mad mullahs taught wrong thinking, or encoraged extremism.

The muslim population is a part of that meltingpot of cultures and peoples that make up Iran today, and so it is not reasonable to suggest or assume they wouldn't be tommorow, in a free Iran.

With a secular democratic form of government, respecting the universal declaration of human rights, their individual voices as made heard by "the vote" or by political representation, being duly elected by constituency must be regarded as an inalienable right in a democratic system of government.

Those here who would simply assume that all Muslims think alike, or are not democraticly inclined (or worthy of such) should examine your assumtions and motivations.

To do so is an invaluable excercise in creating that future free Iran everyone including the western world would like to see come about.

To understand the American mindset, one should understand that our history has demanded that we have become intolerant of intolerance, and our laws reflect that today.

It's one of the reasons America is in the place among nations it is.
AmirN

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oppenheimer,

Don’t read more into that statement than what exists. At no point have I ever implied that Moslems ought to be persecuted or that they are of any lower moral quality than anyone else. I may not like what Islam teaches, and I still stand by my opinion that it is filled with hate philosophy, but as I have said before, my quarrel is not with Moslems. I love Iran. One cannot love a country without also loving its inhabitants. I know and accept that some 98% of Iranians are Moslems. To condemn all Moslems would be to condemn almost all Iranians, something I would never be willing to do.

What I meant when I made the statement of “although I cannot understand why” is the following. Considering the aftermath of 9/11, as well as the continued chants by the various lunatics of “Death to America,” as well as the continued threats and attempts of terrorism on US soil, it is surprising to me that America continues to show respect to Moslems. I am not at all disappointed by that fact, in fact I find it encouraging, and deep inside I do realize the American mentality of tolerance. Still, I think most other nations who would have war declared upon them by the majority of a religious sect would have probably reacted somewhat differently.

And please don’t try to convince me that it is “the few renegade mullahs” who are the culprits behind this hate and violence. Please don’t try to sell Islam to me as a religion of peace. Please don’t feed me any non-sense about how the people who undertake terrorism, violence, bigotry and hate are the deviants of Islam, not the true followers. I concede that the vast majority of Moslems, by far, are peaceful and decent human beings. But that is not because they are “good Moslems,” as taught by the Koran, but they are rather the “bad Moslems,” because they are not following the literal instructions in the Koran. According to the Koran, no Moslem must rest until no infidel exists, either because they are converted by force or killed.

Thank goodness that in the majority of cases, human conscience and decency has prevailed over the blind following of Islam by the overwhelming majority of Moslems. And, Oppenheimer, I have seen your previous posts, which try to illuminate the various Islamic religious leaders who preach that Jihad, and the call for murder is only sparingly justified, and how they are proponents of peace and harmony. I am well aware of those Islamic leaders, and I give praise to them. But know this, they, as the majority of Moslems, are not “true followers,” of Islam. They are the kinder, gentler, sugar-coated version, which understandably, finds it impossible to deny its God, yet does not wish to live with constant and overwhelming violence. They have, fortunately, come up with their own interpretation of Islam, which deviates significantly from what is the true ugly truth behind Islam. I hate to break this news to you, but the likes of Khomeini and Bin Laden are the true followers of Islam; the true believers. Don’t blame me if this truth is too unpalatable.

Again, let me make it crystal clear to you that I hold no bigotry nor maleficence to any Moslem. I may disagree with their religion, but I harbor no hate to any of them. And I respect and love any and every Iranian, regardless of ethnicity, religion, social status, or sexual orientation. I soon lose that respect, however, when they lose their respect for Iran, or others’ rights.

Oppenheimer, in the future, I would much appreciate it if instead of drawing an extrapolated hypothesis of my beliefs, which you drew from a short phrase, that you instead ask me for clarification. And if you find the current clarification lacking, tell me which part confuses you, so I can further elaborate.
I am Dariush the Great King, King of Kings, King of countries containing all kinds of men, King in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenian, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage

Naqshe Rostam
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And please don’t try to convince me that it is “the few renegade mullahs” who are the culprits behind this hate and violence. Please don’t try to sell Islam to me as a religion of peace. Please don’t feed me any non-sense about how the people who undertake terrorism, violence, bigotry and hate are the deviants of Islam, not the true followers. I concede that the vast majority of Moslems, by far, are peaceful and decent human beings. But that is not because they are “good Moslems,” as taught by the Koran, but they are rather the “bad Moslems,” because they are not following the literal instructions in the Koran. According to the Koran, no Moslem must rest until no infidel exists, either because they are converted by force or killed.
----------

First, what I said was not directed at you personally (usually if I'm addressing someone personally, I'll address them by name), but as a general statement to everyone that has a lack of understanding...as you had said you didn't understand why, I can see how you may have personalized it...but that was not my intent, nor are you the only one who has the above opinion.....but were you to ask an average Muslim in America, who's trying to raise his kids in peace and freedom, the'll tell you that the koran has been taken out of context by these "apostates of Islam" who have chosen to follow bin laden's and the mullah's idiological interpretation of what jihad is, and the prophet's intent.

These good Muslims will tell you jihad lies within the heart of a true believer, not outside one's self....the struggle within to be in correcteness with Allah. The "cutting off" , the "beheading" of one's tempation to stray from that correctness. And in doing so, dealing a fatal blow to the infidel part of one's dualistic nature to be in correctness, and a whole person.

As Hamid Karzai intimated in 2002, this is the Afghan jihad, the true jihad, to be free to live in correctness with one another. That jihad lies in one's heart, the struggle to live a correct life, in the eyes of the Creator of all. The commonality of the basic truths behind all the major religions of the world, is apparent to me, who could be so arrogant to think that they were the only ones chosen by God?

Down the centuries, it has, like any other interpretation by man of the One and it's nature, taken on other meanings and been turned inside out by those who would justify their political ambitions using religion as a vehicle.

Islam is no different in this respect, and it is an internal struggle today to resolve the matter of extremism within Islam.

All I can give you is this Buddhist "infidel's"...(chuckle)... take on things, speaking the truth as I know it to be.

You see it your way, I see it a different way, in the end it is up to Muslims to figure out the correct way of interpreting it.
AmirN

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oppenheimer,

Since you are implicitly telling me that your comments were not directed at me personally, I will accept that at face value, and relinquish the original offense that I took. You have to realize though, that if you use a quotation from my post to demonstrate a point of maleficence, it would be hard for me to not take it personally and get offended; especially since I felt it was taken out of context.

Regardless, let’s move on. I know your heart is in the right place. I realize that you want to give everything and everyone the benefit of the doubt, as I do. I realize that you are simply trying to do the same for Islam, and that’s good. I am curious though, how much of what you know of Islam is from what you hear from indirect sources, such as moslems and Islamic preachers and intellectuals, and how much of it is from direct sources and your own individual reference to the history of Islam and the books that are the foundation of this religion? Are you personally familiar with the Sira, Ta’rikh, Hadith, and Qur’an? Have you read the Qur’an…..all of it? I wouldn’t be surprised if you had; I honestly think you are a well-read and educated person. If you are very familiar with these works, and have reached the conclusion that Islam itself is a religion with moral and ethical character, and that it is only a few extremists who have hi-jacked Islam and made it violent, then I don’t know what other arguments I can make, and I will simply agree to disagree, and bow out gracefully. However, if you are not personally familiar with these works, the pillars of Islam, I strongly encourage you to do so before you defend Islam. My friend, the proof is in the pudding. When I see the Qur’an, it reminds me of a book of more than a thousand words that describes a picture. And the picture is very clear: Mohammad caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Again, please realize that I make a clear distinction between moslems and Islam, as I think most people that are critical of Islam make. Of course I am sympathetic to the moslem who is trying to raise his kids in peace and freedom. And that moslem you mention represents 99% of all moslems, who are by human nature, peace loving people. They have chosen to live like civilized people in peace and freedom; good for them, and good for us. They have cherry-picked the good and ethical points out of the Qur’an, and live based on those principles alone; good for them. My point is that although they are leading good lives, they are doing it despite what Mohammad and his followers preached. I don’t know what religion they are practicing, but it isn’t Islam.

I am very aware that you see it one way, and I see it another. That we probably will not change each other’s minds regarding the matter. But the pleasure I take is not in changing your mind, but in making my arguments and hearing yours. When it comes to matters of religion, no person can easily change another’s mind. A change of opinion comes only from within, after considerable soul searching. Or……….at the point of a sword.

Naqshe Rostam
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize that you want to give everything and everyone the benefit of the doubt, as I do. I realize that you are simply trying to do the same for Islam, and that’s good. I am curious though, how much of what you know of Islam is from what you hear from indirect sources, such as moslems and Islamic preachers and intellectuals, and how much of it is from direct sources and your own individual reference to the history of Islam and the books that are the foundation of this religion? Are you personally familiar with the Sira, Ta’rikh, Hadith, and Qur’an? Have you read the Qur’an…..all of it?

-----------

The Qur'an, or Koran as it's sometimes spelled in the west....I've read most of it....had a lot explained by a devout young lady from Tunisia who's story I'll share here, as it intersects with my own personal experience just under a year before 9/11.

But first I would simply like to point out that I failed to put in my post that (and I thought I had sufficiantly) that I was speaking to "all here"
In any case, my basic point is that the reformation of Islam involves how these texts are, and have been translated over the centuries to the point where you would say that Khomenism has the last say on how this teaching is actually translatable....this is where we differ....and it is my solid belief that it is not only flawed, but deliberately so, for political ends, centuries ago.

Think about who is claiming to know the truth of the meaning of Allah, and consider the source of what Mohammed supposedly passed on.
Are they honorable, compassionate, no, they would lie to protect Islam as they know it, why would they then, or their predecessors not have built the BIG LIE into the book of Allah?

This is what I'm getting at.

Now let me tell you about Naima....come to the states to look for a school to finish studies in English. Good French and Arabic speaking, pretty good English, was asked by my landlord, A Kurdish Muslim, American citizen...state highway engineer to take care of his family while he went back to Kurdistan (still in Saddam's time, this was in Sept 2000)
to "bring his sister back".....I'd been renting from him about 6 months, had never met his wife who was from Egypt, but his kids were always playing in the street, and when he left he asked me to be "a good uncle" to his kids, and try to keep them out of the street if I saw them there.

A reasonable request, and I agreed....One day coming back from work, I saw one of the younger boys sitting on the sidewalk, and a woman's voice calling for him from the back part of the Tri-plex they lived in. Nuri was a bit down, and I asked him what up as I lead him around the back to where the voice was coming from. He said "My dad's not coming back"

Got around the corner and there was this young woman holding a baby and she said thanks for having brought the boy, and asked me if I would hold the baby while she cleaned up. I did.

That's when I saw for the first time the living conditions this father had gone and left his wife and five childeren ages 1-8 in, not just gone out, but out of the country. Leaving Naima to deal with what cannot be described adequately in words, nor did the totality of it immediately register until I noticed when my eyes adjusted to the darkness inside, that the wall which seemed to be moving, actually was....with cockroaches so thick you couldn't put your hand on a surface without crushing five of them, garbage piled knee deep, and a stench that drove me back.

This young lady had tears in her eyes as she turned and said , "please I need your help" I was in a bit of shock, and don't remember exactly what I said then, but I did say something to the effect that she needed to get every one out side. The mother was in a very bad way, I remember describing it later as "catatonic" virtually unresponsive to stimuli, though she would understand Naima when she spoke Arabic.

It's a very long story, and it's bringing back memories I'd rather not dwell on , but once the mom and kids were outside I asked Naima how this situation was possible. She said, "I don't know, this (and she used some Arabic cuss word) father has abandonned his family in these conditions, and no one, not even the poorest in my country would let their pigs live this way, let alone their family."

She went back inside to continue cleaning the kitchen, and here I was still holding this baby, wondering what kind of twilight zone I had just come home from work to.

Then I noticed that there were about a half dozen Bug bombs on the counter top, and I realized what had driven me back outside, other than the stench. Naima indicated that they had been there when she got there.
Meaning this family had not only been left in a state of total filth, but had most likely been living in a poisonous atmosphere, beyond what the stench itself represented.

I got the oldest boy to hold his sister for me, and went in to Naima and said "you must stop". She said "I need to clean this kitchen to make them some food." I pointed to these cans, and said, there are roaches everywhere, and everything is contaminated by poison, You are very brave to try to deal with this situation, but it is impossible for people to live here."

"She said, I know, but what can I do? I must take care of them. I can't leave them, not once I saw how they were living."

This in short Amir, (as I just can't keep on with this...it's way to much for me right now), represents in a nutshell, the best and the worst of Islam all in one place at the same time.

I'll try later.

"I realize that you want to give everything and everyone the benefit of the doubt, as I do. I realize that you are simply trying to do the same for Islam, and that’s good. "

There are some things that cannot be given any quarter or be in doubt, do not draw a conclusion about me without the facts....you cover a lot of ground by saying "everything and everyone" and all you need to do is read my posts to understand that is not the case with me.
I draw my conclusions based on experience, gut instinct and the principals which I stand solidly upon with both feet.

You say Islam is flawed, I say the books it is based upon in teaching has been deliberately edited to reflect a mindset of that age, not as a true interpretation, but of course they would say that no word could be altered....it's like using the 12 imman who's long dead and rotted in a hole as the final answer to any opposition to Antar's idiocy.

Now, I could give a rat's ass if these puke faced mullahs issue a fatwa on me for saying this as the truth, but then it will take time for a lot of Muslims to grasp what I'm saying. The fact remains that a whole lot of them have denied the falsehoods as they were written, they live their religion diferently than written ....Why is that....because in their hearts they know the truth.

Last edited by Oppenheimer on Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Oppenheimer,
This story is educational, if you don't mind please let us know the rest .

Regards,
Cyrus

Last edited by cyrus on Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: