[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Movie "A Few Simple Shots" - My Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmirN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Movie "A Few Simple Shots" - My Review Reply with quote

I had the pleasure of meeting fellow activistchat member, Dr Ramin Etebar. My thanks to him for helping organize the showing of this important film.

I also had the pleasure (or rather displeasure) of sitting through the film “A Few Simple Shots,” by Joseph Akrami. It is a documentary film which focuses on the crimes of torture and execution which the IRI has engaged in over the last 26 years. As such, it is obviously not for the faint of heart.

Throughout the movie, I remember asking myself on more than one occasion why I chose to fill my evening with utter despair and sorrow, instead of staying at home and catching a comedy show on TV. Why subject myself to such a depressing two hours? But immediately I answered my own question, realizing that the pain I felt was but an infinitely smaller amount than what those people went through. I realized that though it is much easier to ignore certain facts so that I cannot be hurt by them, the truth is the same nonetheless. Ignoring crimes and atrocities does not make them any less real.

Some may say that they are quite aware of the situation in Iran. They are already aware of the atrocities. I too, fell into that group of people. But let me tell you, being aware of these facts, and experiencing the pain of another directly by watching them explain to you firsthand are two different things. To see the photographic documentation is a different experience. To see the faces of the victims is a different experience. To see the victims’ tears as they tell their story is a different experience.

No human being, let alone Iranian, can sit through this film without being overtaken by grief and sorrow. Unfortunately, that’s not because of the way this film was produced, its artistic style, or its cinematography. It was simply because of the content itself. Any other film that simply portrays the truth regarding the events of the revolution will have a similar effect.

I was particularly disgusted to see physicians partaking in acts of amputation and surgical removal of eyes as dictated by this awful religion and its Mullahs. As a physician and surgeon, I am appalled that someone else who is also trained in the art of medicine would use it for such evil. Did these “physicians” forget our oath that “above all else, first do no harm?” Or do they not teach such ethics in Iran’s medical schools anymore? Shame on any medical professional who has betrayed the spirit of the art of medicine in order to follow the wishes of these Mullahs, these enemies of the state, these unethical beasts, these nemeses of science, humanity, and medicine.

I admire Mr Akrami for having the dedication to donate his time to make such a film. I also admire him for putting his conscience and the desire for the truth above his own safety. As he is quite aware, he has placed himself at considerable risk by producing this document.

At the end of the movie, there was a panel which addressed questions. A couple of the panelists were two gentlemen who were prior members of the armed forces, who undertook a role in the failed Coup of 18 Tir. They were captured, imprisoned, and underwent torture as well as witnessed the torture of others. We owe such veterans a debt of gratitude, for they risked themselves for our country and our freedom. Unfortunately for all of us, their Coup was unsuccessful.

During the panel discussion, Mr Akrami made a few points, some of which I am in agreement.

1) He submitted his film to CNN, and they were not interested in it. Why is that? Is it not newsworthy? No. It’s because they (the West) are not yet fully committed to the removal of this brutal regime. It is not yet time for them to unleash their propaganda upon the world. But eventually, they will be interested. When it’s time to finally remove these murderers, they will come knocking. This is demonstrated by Afghanistan. The films that CNN released which pertained to the Taliban’s brutal crimes were in existence for years prior to the US invasion. But no-one wanted to hear or see them, because they were not in their interest. They became interesting, though, prior to the invasion. I completely agree with this point.

2) The IRI is in power and continues to remain in power because of the Western countries. As Mr Akrami put it, “don’t kill the cow that provides milk.” The Western countries are enablers of this regime. I partially agree with him on this point. Though I agree that Western countries do play a role, I believe the vast majority of fault lies at home, with the Iranians themselves. The Iranians themselves are the greatest enablers. The thugs of the Pastaran and Basij, who unleash such fury upon their innocent countrymen in return for money and power. Such paramilitary gangsters are true scum, who have sold their souls to the Devil in return for money and power. Such individuals are not Iranians as far as I’m concerned. They are treacherous and treasonous criminals, who will someday answer for their treason and murder. Some day, they must be stripped of the title “Iranian.” Immediately following that, they must be stripped of the title “human being.”

3) Fear not the extremist idiots who ramble “Israel must be destroyed.” Fear the moderates and reformists, who under the guise of compromise and reform tend to string the people of Iran on an endless journey of despair. Fear the likes of Khatami, a wolf in sheep’s clothing. I completely agree with this point. I’ve been saying it all along, in regards to Ahmadi-Jenayatkar’s speech on Israel. I quote from one of my previous posts:

Amir wrote:
Quote:
On another level, there can be a positive outlook to every situation. I for one was quite content to see Monkey-Nejad elected last summer, though I pitied the Iranian masses that would obviously suffer as a result. I always thought that Iran needs exactly this type of mad man to remind the world and Iran what a monster the IRI really is. I was always very hesitant of so called "reformers" as Khatami, who tried to sugar coat the bitter pill of life that every Iranian swallows when they get out of bed each day. Deceitful half measures and the master illusionist reformers are actually our worst enemies, because they slightly pacify the needed rage and discontent that is needed to rid us of this infestation. They only serve to stagnate the much needed progress- the only acceptable progress- to throw these rats out where they belong.

During the panel discussion, some misguided ignorant person from the audience actually had the audacity to ask the following question. To paraphrase him, “torture and murder has always been a component of a revolution. Also, similar acts were carried out during the Shah’s rule. Why have you highlighted the IRI, but not shown all the other acts by the Shah and other revolutions?”

To which Mr Akrami gave an acceptable response. That the scale of crimes was completely different, and that he did not himself encounter documentation of such acts, compared to the acts of the IRI.

I myself was an audience member, and so unable to address this person’s question. However, in this article, I would like to address him.

First, any act of murder and torture is wrong, regardless of the historical context which surrounded it. We are quite aware of the murder which occurred in the French Revolution, Russian Revolution, and others in history. They are not to be excused either. Crimes against humanity have occurred in the past, and are still ongoing. Look at what’s happening in Africa, and the genocide being committed there. No, none of these are excusable either. And I would support any document that shed more attention on such crimes. But the documentary that Mr Akrami produced is in regards to one of such injustices in the world’s history. We can only focus on one event at a time. And we have chosen Iran’s situation, because it is the most near and dear to us.

Second, though crimes and murder were committed in some prior revolutions (though not all), these crimes were limited to the immediate time period surrounding the revolution. Within a very short time period, people focused back on building a nation, usually a better nation, under relative law and order. We have not seen that with the IRI. The crimes began with the revolution, but didn’t end. Here we are, 26 years later, and the murder, torture, and injustice continues on a daily basis. So, these are not acts committed surrounding only a revolution. They are the acts of a continuous regime.

Third, let’s compare the IRI to our Shah. Our Shah’s regime also had political prisoners. That, in and of itself, was admittedly a shortcoming of our Shah. Ideally, there should be no such thing as “political prisoners.” However, most of those prisoners were there because they had also undertaken criminal activities. Many had terrorist ties. So, most if not all of these “political prisoners” were also criminals that deserved to be incarcerated. Furthermore, torture was not embraced by our Shah as a policy. If occasional episodes of torture did occur, it was because of deviation from policy by an individual guard. The overwhelming majority of Shah’s prisoners were treated well, whereas the overwhelming majority of IRI’s prisoners are treated inhumanely. Also, compare the sheer volume of prisoners. The IRI’s vast numbers completely dwarf the minimal numbers under Shah. That is a reflection of the number of people who disapprove of the IRI, as well as the IRI’s complete intolerance towards anyone who doesn’t approve of it. This is compounded by the IRI’s desire to intervene in even the most mundane details of the lives of its citizens.

So, to you, my misguided and ignorant member of the audience who made such a bizarre point with your question, I say mockingly:

Bazam begoo marg bar Shah!

Some day, somehow, these criminals and traitors will meet justice. I, like countless of my fellow patriotic Iranians, am counting the days until this deliverance. Rest assured, the day of reckoning shall arrive, and these parasites will be exposed to the world. So go on, Mullah, keep on pocking the bear and wounding it. When it finally snaps and charges you, there will be nowhere to run.

Never mind ideological, political, sociological, and religious differences. I still cannot comprehend how one human being can so deliberately inflict another with such pain and suffering. I am reminded of Saadi:

All human beings are in truth akin
All in creation share one origin
When fate allots a member pangs and pains
No ease for other members then remains
If unperturbed, another’s grief canst scan,
Thou are not worthy of the name of man.
I am Dariush the Great King, King of Kings, King of countries containing all kinds of men, King in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenian, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage

Naqshe Rostam
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Movie "A Few Simple Shots" - My Review Reply with quote

AmirN wrote:

I was particularly disgusted to see physicians partaking in acts of amputation and surgical removal of eyes as dictated by this awful religion and its Mullahs. As a physician and surgeon, I am appalled that someone else who is also trained in the art of medicine would use it for such evil. Did these “physicians” forget our oath that “above all else, first do no harm?” Or do they not teach such ethics in Iran’s medical schools anymore? Shame on any medical professional who has betrayed the spirit of the art of medicine in order to follow the wishes of these Mullahs, these enemies of the state, these unethical beasts, these nemeses of science, humanity, and medicine.

Dear Amir,

Thank you for your great review, for clarification you may consider to change "physicians" to "Islamist physicians". The Islamist physicians are from fellowship program of Ghom Torture Clerical Madressa.
Over 100,000 of Iranian physicians are graduate of real Medical Schools and they are life saver as Dr. Jamshid Ghajar below.

Regards,
Cyrus

Life Saver
Dr. Jamshid Ghajar

http://www.iranianamericanpac.org/leadership/p_Ghajar.shtml

Dr. Jamshid Ghajar was born in Berkeley, California, and grew up in California, Iran, and England. As a freshman at UCLA, he started his investigations in the brain sciences at the Brain Research Institute, a field which he continued to focus on during his graduate studies. At Cornell University Medical College, he completed the MD/PhD program in neuroscience, specializing in brain metabolism and blood flow during coma.

While he was a resident in the neurosurgery program at New York Hospital, Dr. Ghajar invented several neurosurgical devices that are currently used worldwide. After residency, he joined the faculty and staff at the New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center and founded the Brain Trauma Research Laboratory and the Brain Trauma Foundation (formerly Aitken Neuroscience Center).

Dr. Ghajar currently spends a part of his time as President of the nonprofit foundation, developing and implementing scientific guidelines for treating head injuries. He is also Chief of Neurosurgery at New York's Jamaica Hospital - Cornell Trauma Center, and is a practicing neurosurgeon at New York Hospital. He directs several clinical grants including the Soros Head Injury Initiative in Central and Eastern Europe and the Guidelines for Pre-hospital Management of Traumatic Brain Injury funded by the U.S. Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

Last edited by cyrus on Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
AmirN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, Cyrus.

I never meant to categorize all Iranian physicians in that group. I am very much aware that Iranian physicians are some of the best in the world. I am one, though I didn't train in Iran. And I have worked and continue to work with Iranian physicians who either trained in Iran or outside of Iran. I have always regarded all of them as the best in their field. Many of my best friends fall in this group.

The point you make is common knowledge among the Persian community. That Iranians are a remarkable group of people who excel at whatever they do. Yet another reason to be proud to be Iranian. I have previously carefully read your "Iranian Elites and Superstars..." post, and have quite enjoyed it.

I thought I was very clear that the worthless "physicians" I was refering to were only the ones who have abandoned their code of ethics and medicine in order to become the lackies of the Mullahs. The ones who carry out amputations in order to fulfill the wishes of an Islamic court. Unfortunately, they are not unique to Iran. I know that such "medical personnel" exist in other Islamic countries, and carry out similar procedures. They are loathed just as much in those other barbaric countries as they are in the IRI. To be honest, I don't know much more about them other than the fact that they obviously have some medical training and carry out such horrific acts of "surgery."

I obviously never meant to mix them up with the thousands of ethical and moral physicians who practice good medicine. If this wasn't clear from the start, I hope it is clear now. And if I wasn't clear from the start, my apologies.
I am Dariush the Great King, King of Kings, King of countries containing all kinds of men, King in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenian, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage

Naqshe Rostam
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: A Few Simple Shots Video Stream Reply with quote

“A FEW SIMPLE SHOTS” MOVIE PREMIERE
A First Look Into The Untold Stories Of Iranian Political Prisoners

WHAT: Three years in the making, acclaimed Iranian Director Joseph Akrami presents a documentary on the untold stories of Iranian political prisoners. “A Few Simple Shots” takes the audience on a behind the scenes look of the corrupt Iranian government with stories told from past political prisoners, United Nations Officials and human rights organizers. Through his movie, Akrami presents a world of unfair and restrictive laws that is oppressing a nation that is left with no voice.

WHO: Joseph Akrami, director of “A Few Simple Shots”

A Few Simple Shots Video Stream:

FilmeChandNamie_Sadeh_A_Few_SimpleShots

http://rahai-zan.uhrtv.com/Sept14_2005/Akharin_Lahze/FilmeChandNamie_Sadeh_A_Few_SimpleShots.wmv

AmirN wrote:
I had the pleasure of meeting fellow activistchat member, Dr Ramin Etebar. My thanks to him for helping organize the showing of this important film.

I also had the pleasure (or rather displeasure) of sitting through the film “A Few Simple Shots,” by Joseph Akrami. It is a documentary film which focuses on the crimes of torture and execution which the IRI has engaged in over the last 26 years. As such, it is obviously not for the faint of heart.

Throughout the movie, I remember asking myself on more than one occasion why I chose to fill my evening with utter despair and sorrow, instead of staying at home and catching a comedy show on TV. Why subject myself to such a depressing two hours? But immediately I answered my own question, realizing that the pain I felt was but an infinitely smaller amount than what those people went through. I realized that though it is much easier to ignore certain facts so that I cannot be hurt by them, the truth is the same nonetheless. Ignoring crimes and atrocities does not make them any less real.

Some may say that they are quite aware of the situation in Iran. They are already aware of the atrocities. I too, fell into that group of people. But let me tell you, being aware of these facts, and experiencing the pain of another directly by watching them explain to you firsthand are two different things. To see the photographic documentation is a different experience. To see the faces of the victims is a different experience. To see the victims’ tears as they tell their story is a different experience.

No human being, let alone Iranian, can sit through this film without being overtaken by grief and sorrow. Unfortunately, that’s not because of the way this film was produced, its artistic style, or its cinematography. It was simply because of the content itself. Any other film that simply portrays the truth regarding the events of the revolution will have a similar effect.

I admire Mr Akrami for having the dedication to donate his time to make such a film. I also admire him for putting his conscience and the desire for the truth above his own safety. As he is quite aware, he has placed himself at considerable risk by producing this document.

At the end of the movie, there was a panel which addressed questions. A couple of the panelists were two gentlemen who were prior members of the armed forces, who undertook a role in the failed Coup of 18 Tir. They were captured, imprisoned, and underwent torture as well as witnessed the torture of others. We owe such veterans a debt of gratitude, for they risked themselves for our country and our freedom. Unfortunately for all of us, their Coup was unsuccessful.

During the panel discussion, Mr Akrami made a few points, some of which I am in agreement.

1) He submitted his film to CNN, and they were not interested in it. Why is that? Is it not newsworthy? No. It’s because they (the West) are not yet fully committed to the removal of this brutal regime. It is not yet time for them to unleash their propaganda upon the world. But eventually, they will be interested. When it’s time to finally remove these murderers, they will come knocking. This is demonstrated by Afghanistan. The films that CNN released which pertained to the Taliban’s brutal crimes were in existence for years prior to the US invasion. But no-one wanted to hear or see them, because they were not in their interest. They became interesting, though, prior to the invasion. I completely agree with this point.

2) The IRI is in power and continues to remain in power because of the Western countries. As Mr Akrami put it, “don’t kill the cow that provides milk.” The Western countries are enablers of this regime. I partially agree with him on this point. Though I agree that Western countries do play a role, I believe the vast majority of fault lies at home, with the Iranians themselves. The Iranians themselves are the greatest enablers. The thugs of the Pastaran and Basij, who unleash such fury upon their innocent countrymen in return for money and power. Such paramilitary gangsters are true scum, who have sold their souls to the Devil in return for money and power. Such individuals are not Iranians as far as I’m concerned. They are treacherous and treasonous criminals, who will someday answer for their treason and murder. Some day, they must be stripped of the title “Iranian.” Immediately following that, they must be stripped of the title “human being.”

3) Fear not the extremist idiots who ramble “Israel must be destroyed.” Fear the moderates and reformists, who under the guise of compromise and reform tend to string the people of Iran on an endless journey of despair. Fear the likes of Khatami, a wolf in sheep’s clothing. I completely agree with this point. I’ve been saying it all along, in regards to Ahmadi-Jenayatkar’s speech on Israel. I quote from one of my previous posts:

Amir wrote:
Quote:
On another level, there can be a positive outlook to every situation. I for one was quite content to see Monkey-Nejad elected last summer, though I pitied the Iranian masses that would obviously suffer as a result. I always thought that Iran needs exactly this type of mad man to remind the world and Iran what a monster the IRI really is. I was always very hesitant of so called "reformers" as Khatami, who tried to sugar coat the bitter pill of life that every Iranian swallows when they get out of bed each day. Deceitful half measures and the master illusionist reformers are actually our worst enemies, because they slightly pacify the needed rage and discontent that is needed to rid us of this infestation. They only serve to stagnate the much needed progress- the only acceptable progress- to throw these rats out where they belong.

During the panel discussion, some misguided ignorant person from the audience actually had the audacity to ask the following question. To paraphrase him, “torture and murder has always been a component of a revolution. Also, similar acts were carried out during the Shah’s rule. Why have you highlighted the IRI, but not shown all the other acts by the Shah and other revolutions?”

To which Mr Akrami gave an acceptable response. That the scale of crimes was completely different, and that he did not himself encounter documentation of such acts, compared to the acts of the IRI.

I myself was an audience member, and so unable to address this person’s question. However, in this article, I would like to address him.

First, any act of murder and torture is wrong, regardless of the historical context which surrounded it. We are quite aware of the murder which occurred in the French Revolution, Russian Revolution, and others in history. They are not to be excused either. Crimes against humanity have occurred in the past, and are still ongoing. Look at what’s happening in Africa, and the genocide being committed there. No, none of these are excusable either. And I would support any document that shed more attention on such crimes. But the documentary that Mr Akrami produced is in regards to one of such injustices in the world’s history. We can only focus on one event at a time. And we have chosen Iran’s situation, because it is the most near and dear to us.

Second, though crimes and murder were committed in some prior revolutions (though not all), these crimes were limited to the immediate time period surrounding the revolution. Within a very short time period, people focused back on building a nation, usually a better nation, under relative law and order. We have not seen that with the IRI. The crimes began with the revolution, but didn’t end. Here we are, 26 years later, and the murder, torture, and injustice continues on a daily basis. So, these are not acts committed surrounding only a revolution. They are the acts of a continuous regime.

Third, let’s compare the IRI to our Shah. Our Shah’s regime also had political prisoners. That, in and of itself, was admittedly a shortcoming of our Shah. Ideally, there should be no such thing as “political prisoners.” However, most of those prisoners were there because they had also undertaken criminal activities. Many had terrorist ties. So, most if not all of these “political prisoners” were also criminals that deserved to be incarcerated. Furthermore, torture was not embraced by our Shah as a policy. If occasional episodes of torture did occur, it was because of deviation from policy by an individual guard. The overwhelming majority of Shah’s prisoners were treated well, whereas the overwhelming majority of IRI’s prisoners are treated inhumanely. Also, compare the sheer volume of prisoners. The IRI’s vast numbers completely dwarf the minimal numbers under Shah. That is a reflection of the number of people who disapprove of the IRI, as well as the IRI’s complete intolerance towards anyone who doesn’t approve of it. This is compounded by the IRI’s desire to intervene in even the most mundane details of the lives of its citizens.

So, to you, my misguided and ignorant member of the audience who made such a bizarre point with your question, I say mockingly:

Bazam begoo marg bar Shah!

Some day, somehow, these criminals and traitors will meet justice. I, like countless of my fellow patriotic Iranians, am counting the days until this deliverance. Rest assured, the day of reckoning shall arrive, and these parasites will be exposed to the world. So go on, Mullah, keep on pocking the bear and wounding it. When it finally snaps and charges you, there will be nowhere to run.

Never mind ideological, political, sociological, and religious differences. I still cannot comprehend how one human being can so deliberately inflict another with such pain and suffering. I am reminded of Saadi:

All human beings are in truth akin
All in creation share one origin
When fate allots a member pangs and pains
No ease for other members then remains
If unperturbed, another’s grief canst scan,
Thou are not worthy of the name of man.
blank

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things we must remember, 1-during Nazzi era, there were "physicians" that did "experiment" on human beings...as far as I am concerned, they were not physicians, but bunch of criminals....We need to make sure to get the names of all the "islamist physicians" that cooperated with the regime and make sure they will have their day in the court of law. I can tell you their response will be exactly the same as German SS, they were "under oder" to do so, which will never be good enough.

2- Did anyone try to present the film to Fox News? seems like CNN is on the side of the tyrants. Just like they promised Sadam they will not report anything bad as long as he allows them into the country. After all, Amanpour is their chief correspondent.. Evil or Very Mad
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blank wrote:
Two things we must remember, 1-during Nazzi era, there were "physicians" that did "experiment" on human beings...as far as I am concerned, they were not physicians, but bunch of criminals....We need to make sure to get the names of all the "islamist physicians" that cooperated with the regime and make sure they will have their day in the court of law. I can tell you their response will be exactly the same as German SS, they were "under oder" to do so, which will never be good enough.

2- Did anyone try to present the film to Fox News? seems like CNN is on the side of the tyrants. Just like they promised Sadam they will not report anything bad as long as he allows them into the country. After all, Amanpour is their chief correspondent.. Evil or Very Mad

Dear Blank,
Agree with your idea regarding "islamist physicians" .
If you have a chance please send the link to the Fox News for their review and consideration.
Regards,
Cyrus
AmirN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Cyrus,

Unfortunately I do not have the answer to your question. The question of “what are the requirements of becoming an Islamic physician? …How are they selected?…Did the movie explain any of this?…etc”

Actually, the issue of these malevolent medical practices was never directly raised in this film. There were many other points that the movie focused upon. Including the following:

-The acts of torture certain victims had undergone and witnessed performed upon others.

-The description of such crimes as portrayed by immigration attorneys and medical professionals in Canada who had represented or treated such victims.

-The horrific experience of existing as a Kurd in a Kurdish town whose citizens were under siege and massacred by the IRI. The unarmed men, women, children, and elderly who were systematically shelled and fired upon by IRI’s armed forces, filling the town’s morgue to far above capacity and leaving behind the bodies of countless rotting citizens. It is obvious that Saddam was not the only one who committed genocide against the Kurds.

-The witnessed accounts of the horrid living conditions within the prison. Not being provided with even the most basic of necessities of food, shelter, sleeping (or even sitting) room, hygiene, or any minimal medical care.

-The lack of any real legal system. Mocking trials that were held with no legal representation, lasting from 2 to 8 minutes total.

-Eyewitness and photographic documentation of floggings, hangings, shooting squads, and stonings.

-Crimes against children. Commonly imprisoning children as young as 12. Torturing and executing them as well. Also, rounding up the “young ones” in prison for “special care and protection,” which usually involved sexual abuse and molestation by the pedophile Pastars and Mullahs.

-A big portion of the film was dedicated to the sexual abuse and rape of children and women (and even men, though less frequently). Rape is a very common and effective method for these deviants to both torture their victims as well as get personal gratification. They also supposedly believe that any virgin that dies goes to heaven. So, before executing young virgin girls, they would rape them. Or perform that mockery, “sigheh.” They even had the audacity to take a token amount of money to their victim’s parents the next day and presenting it as their dowry. They would tell them that prior to her execution, their daughter was “married” to these Pastars and raped, so she couldn’t go to heaven.

-The murders which have been ordered and carried out by the IRI, both inside and outside of Iran, of such heroes as Shahriar Shafigh, Farrokhzad, Bakhtiar, and countless others.

-The list goes on and on…

But back to the issue of “Islamist physicians.” Like I said, this particular issue was not directly raised in the film. I only referred to it after watching film documentation of some of these acts of amputation and surgical removal of an eyeball, which was portrayed in this film. Though emphasis was not placed on this by the film, the few screen-shots that I witnessed nevertheless hit this issue home to me personally. It affected me so much because I viewed it as an insult to my profession.

I do not know (nor did the film explain) who these people were who were committing these breaches of medical ethics. I do not know for sure whether they are even fully trained physicians or have only limited training in these specific procedures. I do know that in other Islamic countries (such as Saudi Arabia) these acts are indeed performed by fully trained physicians. I have heard the justification that some of them have given. One being that “the state has decreed this punishment, and it will be carried out regardless of whether I participate or not.” That is a very lame excuse. A mass murderer could similarly explain that “my victims would have eventually died some day anyway, I just expedited the event.”

Based on my knowledge of actual physicians partaking in such crimes in other Islamic states, it is a logical deduction that the IRI also employs similar physicians. But even if these individuals are not real physicians, but just have basic medical training, it doesn’t change anything. Anyone who has sought and received medical training, whether or not he has an MD behind his name, is obliged to the same code of ethics that anyone in the medical profession is mandated to uphold. Furthermore, that training had to come from someone else with medical knowledge. Any physician who undertook the training of such an individual with forethought of how this individual would implement this medical expertise is equally unethical and guilty.

And like I said, someday justice will be served. The Adolf Hitlers, Josef Mengeles, Rudolf Hess’, and Heinrich Himmlers of Iran will be sought, found, and dealt with accordingly.

Naqshe Rostam
Liberator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compatriots,

Thank you for posting this documentary. I've tried my best to make it available on other boards.

More power to all of you.

JAVID IRAN

All my best,

K.

www.anjomane-padeshahi.org
http://aryamehr11.blogspot.com/
AmirN

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.iranian.ws/iran_news/publish/article_13235.shtml

Film Highlights Mullahs' Human Rights Abuse in Iran
Feb 14, 2006
VOA

A recent documentary film focuses on the lack of human rights in Iran. "A Few Simple Shots - a Documentary on Human Rights Violations in Iran" was produced by independent Iranian filmmaker, Joseph Akrami. Several years ago, he says, he was forced to flee Iran because of his growing opposition to the Islamic government. VOA's Deborah Block spoke to him about his reasons for making the film.

Through first-hand accounts in Farsi and English by Iranians who say they were tortured for their beliefs, filmmaker Joseph Akrami chronicles human rights abuses by Iran's Islamic fundamentalist government.

"I was caught and arrested on the street carrying a leaflet from an opposition group," says Minoo Homily in the film. "As a result, I spent several years of my life in prison."

Now living in Canada, Mr. Akrami says human rights violations in Iran are among the world's worst.

"You cannot oppose the Iranian government because if you oppose Iranian government you are not opposing a person, or some people, you are opposing Islam," said Mr. Akrami.

In November 2005, the United Nations General Assembly passed a resolution, for the second year in a row, deploring Iran's treatment of its own people. The U.S. State Department says the Iranian government's poor human rights record has worsened and the right of citizens to change the government is severely restricted.

Mr. Akrami blames the Mullahs, the country's religious leaders, who do not tolerate any kind of opposition. "The mullahs are behind all this suffering. I believe if you don't get rid of them, if we don't have these people -- or these kind of monsters, I believe we'll have a better living standard."

All the Iranians in Mr. Akrami's 90 minute film now live in Canada. He also interviewed Canadian human rights groups, United Nations representatives, and immigration lawyers such as Mary Tatham.

"Procedures in the revolutionary courts are abysmal. There is no right of counsel. There is frequently no right of appeal," she says.

In this year's annual report, a private U.S. watchdog group, Human Rights Watch, says Iranian authorities have subjected people imprisoned for peaceful expression of their political views to torture and ill-treatment.

Mr. Akrami shows the faces of those whom he says are some of those Iranians, including members of opposition movements, journalists, and students.

"By being in a [political] demonstration," the director explained, "or for instance, writing something about the Iranian regime in a newspaper, or even talking [about the government] in the schools."

Human Rights Watch says, because the Iranian government launched a campaign in 2000 closing many newspapers and imprisoning journalists, the few remaining independent newspapers practice self-censorship. Although many writers have left the country, or are in prison, Mr. Akrami says those who remain find it difficult.

"So that's the reason that a lot of artists, filmmakers, and writers are suffering because they don't have freedom of expression. They cannot express themselves and that's the reason they get in trouble."

Human Rights Watch is critical of the Iranian government for persecuting Iran's ethnic and religious minorities. The U.S. State Department also objects to the Iranian government's treatment of religious minorities. Mr. Akrami's film shows freedom of religion outside the fundamentalist Muslim faith is non-existent.

Maurice Copithorne is a Canadian United Nations Special Representative on the human rights situation in Iran. "All other groups are unrecognized minorities and this is where a fair amount of suffering occurs."

Akrami says there is only one way to stop the human rights violations in Iran. "I'm trying to bring international attention that there is a time for change, and Iranian regime has to go."

The Mission of Iran to the United Nations - the official representatives of Iran in the United States - did not respond to several requests for comment on Mr. Akrami's film.

Naqshe Rostam
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: The Mullahs’ Killing Fields Reply with quote

The Mullahs’ Killing Fields

By Jamie Glazov
FrontPageMagazine.com | February 9, 2006

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=21245
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: