[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The activists who distract and derail the others

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> The Voice of Dr. Etebar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramin Etebar,MD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: The activists who distract and derail the others Reply with quote

The activists who distract and derail the others

Ramin Jan,

I don't know what time is in Los Angeles. But I am going through my unread E-mails and have found well over 50 E-mails back and forth from your friends Mr. HC who is talking about Calendar change!

Changing it from Arabic to Persian! This is all good and well when we have a country and a government who is Iranian and attune to the Iranian needs.

But discussing this at this time is nothing other than deliberate distraction and derailment of our goals which is fighting for the regime change.

No body and I mean no body discussed the major arms sales from England to IRI last week. No body is talking about what does this Nahavandiyan, Larijani's protege is doing here.

Certain people have stoned the opposition by the talks from Cyrus the great and calendar change.

Our answer to them must be: GET REAL! Do you know where we are? What we are doing? Where we are going at these critical times?

Rather than rally people to make British government to answer for the arms sale that will be used against our fellow brothers and sisters or ask what does this criminal Nahavandiyan is doing in US, making sure we will not be sold down the road as usual, they engage people into calendar change discussions!

Surely these people have a mission and they are playing it smartly where no one has suspected them!

What can we do to make opposition wake up? To stick to our course and see through these traitors?

God help us!

Yari
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AmirN

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strongly disagree with “Yari.” I understand the concern that we must not lose track of the immediate goal of regime change in Iran, but Yari’s comments reflect extreme short-sightedness.

I fight for the immediate freedom of Iran from the Mullahs, but I fight for much more than just that. Most of us think only about our immediate future. What will happen next year? Next decade? Will Iran be free of the Islamic Republic? What will be my fate, and that of my kids?

These are all good questions. But they should not be the start-all and end-all. We must look much further into the future, past our own lives. We must look decades, if not centuries into Iran’s future. It is because many in our past failed to do just that that we are faced now with recurring nightmares.

Iran is not just under siege from the IR. The root of the problem is much deeper than that. Our culture itself is under siege. It has been under siege for 1400 years. The root of the problem is the Arabo-Islamic Taazi culture that has been trying to rot Iran from the inside for 1400 years. The IR is just the symptom of that deeper cancer.

Therefore, my fight is not just with the IR. It is also with anything that means to erase and devalue our own 7000 year history. It may seem irrelevant now, because of the urgency of the problem forced by the IR, but believe me, it is not irrelevant.

When Iran is hopefully freed, what should we do? Pat ourselves on the back for a job well done and go home? Submerge a contemporary problem, and allow a dormant dragon to lie in wait until centuries from now, when the collective memory has forgotten the Islamic atrocities (as it has happened before in our history) and the dragon re-awakens? We have been subjected to too much, and have learned too much from our past mistakes to simply allow that to continue. We owe it not just to ourselves, but to the many future Iranian generations as of yet unborn.

As I said, our whole culture is under siege. What is a culture? It is the traditions and values of a people which have been handed down generation after generation. The important aspects of a culture are its history, its religion, its celebrations, its ethics, its laws, its foods, its language, its literature, its art, its architecture, its nomenclature, its holidays, and yes, its calendar. How we keep time, and commemorate the passage of a year is extremely important to who we are. It is just one other way that defines us. To mark the passage of time based on the migration of a pirate Taazi called Mohammad from a Taazi town named Mecca to another Taazi town named Medina is an absolute slap in the face of Iranian culture.

Let the Taazis follow their Taazi calendar. I refuse to follow it, and it is important to point out to other Iranians why we should not follow it. I see no reason why doing so distracts from the fight against the IR regime. Our brain capacity is not so small as to only handle one issue at a time.

These issues are all inter-related, and instead of being viewed as competitive with each other they should be viewed as synergistic.

Down with the Taazi calendar. Long live the Imperial Iranian Calendar.
I am Dariush the Great King, King of Kings, King of countries containing all kinds of men, King in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenian, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage

Naqshe Rostam
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmirN wrote:

As I said, our whole culture is under siege. What is a culture? It is the traditions and values of a people which have been handed down generation after generation. The important aspects of a culture are its history, its religion, its celebrations, its ethics, its laws, its foods, its language, its literature, its art, its architecture, its nomenclature, its holidays, and yes, its calendar. How we keep time, and commemorate the passage of a year is extremely important to who we are. It is just one other way that defines us. To mark the passage of time based on the migration of a pirate Taazi called Mohammad from a Taazi town named Mecca to another Taazi town named Medina is an absolute slap in the face of Iranian culture.

Let the Taazis follow their Taazi calendar. I refuse to follow it, and it is important to point out to other Iranians why we should not follow it. I see no reason why doing so distracts from the fight against the IR regime. Our brain capacity is not so small as to only handle one issue at a time.

These issues are all inter-related, and instead of being viewed as competitive with each other they should be viewed as synergistic.

Down with the Taazi calendar. Long live the Imperial Iranian Calendar.

Fully agree with Amir's vision with brilliant statement. In other words the "War On TAAZI" has multiple dimensions and we have to fight and win in all dimensions and eradicate this Cancer from its roots in Iranian culture and society otherwise our future generation face it again and repeat the mistakes in some other forms. Increasing our awareness in all dimensions is the key to our future success for establishing Free Society, and Secular democracy.
Cyrizian

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't agree more! "War on Taazi" sounds like a great slogan! It will be a dark day when Iran as a whole follows a Taazi calendar. I hope these Taazi followers realize one day what shame they have brought on all of Iran.

Cyrizian
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyrus wrote:

Quote:
Increasing our awareness in all dimensions is the key to our future success for establishing Free Society, and Secular democracy.

Indeed, even as the regime tries to recreate the "Flat Earth Society".....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> The Voice of Dr. Etebar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: