[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why terrorists are terrorists

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Philosophy and Religion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anusiya

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Why terrorists are terrorists Reply with quote

I have recently read the start of a book called "Philosophy of Islamic principles." (اسلامی اسول کی فلاسفی). It was a very insightful read. You may be interested in what I have to say.

There are 3 levels to humanness in our opinion. Level one is the savages. They show no compassion and do not show goodness to each other - only cruelty and savagery. The reasons for this are varied - one could have a genetic tendancy to be nasty, maltreatment and abuse in earlier life, etc.

Level 2 is being good. The person begins to show wisdom and goodness, and is not nasty like in level 1. By the time she reaches level 3, she has acquired enough wisdom and morals and goodness to know what to take literally and what to take metaphorically (and what to skroo). In our faith (at least, in my modified version), you can get into heaven just by having completed level 2.

Level 3 is being religious and close to god.

However, skipping level 2 (perhaps by having religion forced onto you) can have disastrous consequences. People who skip level 2 are not wise enough to distinguish metaphor from literal meaning, and so they would take many of the verses that POD has pointed out literally.

There is pretty much only one cure for this - that is to give up religion completely, and complete Level 2. I find that in western countries, there is no compulsion in religion, and so the few religious people who are around arent threatening. this includes Muslims (such as myself and my family). In ME, apparently the situation is completely different. People are forced to be muslims, perhaps not by government, but by society, peer pressure etc. They skip level 2 in order to get close to god quickly (major backfire). And so they can not tell what is right from wrong and hence the suicide bombers etc.
Cyrizian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very interesting conclusion.

Quote:
I find that in western countries, there is no compulsion in religion, and so the few religious people who are around arent threatening.

First, there is plenty of compulsion in religion in western countries but its from different places and second, there are plenty of religious people around we just value life, not death for allah. And so we aren't nearly as harsh about it. For us (Christians and Jews) its about choosing to be religious for ourselves rather than it being a social acceptance requirement.
anusiya

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe america.

I live in UK, so I was commenting on that, assuming US would be similar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Philosophy and Religion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: