[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Women in Islam
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Philosophy and Religion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyrizian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I have to be honest, I am not exactly a very religious person, so, no.
However, I reckon the Khalifas and people like him would.

Then are you really an amadiyya? If he is not your hero and everything you want and hope to be, then why follow him?
anusiya

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because Im not very religious doesnt make me a non-religious person. I still believe in the Quran, believe in some Hadis, the prophecies, and I believe MGA was the Messiah's 2nd coming.

Right now my priorities arent with religion, theyre with schoolwork. And after that it'll be uni. I think only once I'm in a 9 to 5 job will I have enough time to become devout like my father (whom I want to be like).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No disrespect, but I can recognize Jesus' hand in events and peoples lives. And I just don't see Jesus in MGA.

Maybe its just me, but school work and college (even the whole world) don't mean much without a clear purpose in life. My lifestyle is my first priority. I want to be the kind of person I can respect (even admire). If I can't be that first, then everything else means nothing. I am in college right now and I have 2 jobs but all of that I would throw away in an instant if those came in conflict with my ideals. Being a christian is a lifestyle of service to others. And I would sacrifice everything I ever worked for if it was for Jesus' sake. I'm not an amahdiyya, but if you can't put MGA and his teachings before your school work and path in life, then you I dont think your an amahdiyya.
anusiya

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hold on a sec - there are 2 threads debating MGA - to save confusion can we just stick to this one?

Quote:
but if you can't put MGA and his teachings before your school work and path in life

I'll put the teachings ahead - my dad has already told me all of those and so I know what to avoid during school / uni / work etc, eg: drinking at bars, some other stuff ...
But right now, I havent got the time to do an in depth study of MGAs life and compare it to an in depth study of Jesus's life (hell, that sounds like an entire Uni course!) and then do an in depth study of mohammad's life.

I mean, like now, (school starts in 2 days) I'm debating with you and stuff and ill probably continue during school time as well in order to fight for MGA and Mohammad and Islam (note the usage of the metaphorisation of "fight") but, really, untill the summer holidays after 2 years, i just havent got time to research anything really. And tbh, I doubt that you'll be clicking around on Jesus websites and Islam websites and stuff as top priority when you should be studying for exams (unless that's what your course is, of course).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont need to do an in depth study of Jesus' Mohammed's or MGA's life to know who you want to be. Although I did such a study while in college and while having 2 jobs. It wasn't easy but it could be done. Who you follow should be every persons top priority whether it be Jesus, muhammed, Moses or even themselves. That is the foundation of your life and what holds you together during the rough times. Going through life without such a foundation is a recipe for disaster. And to be honest I have seen its pattern before. It usually ends in suicide. It is your fall back base, your refuge, or as we christians put it, your "strong tower."
anusiya

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now thats good advice. esp the end bit. thnx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slighlty back on topic:

This article written by a very angry fanatic muslim (or so it seems) explains the reasons for covering up. Although I dont agree with some points (namely linking judaism and christianity to ... things ....; his predictions; some other stuff) I agree with some of it.

Warning Rhuan: if you can disable pics in your browser, you may want to.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He makes very bizarre assumptions (as do most muslims) about who is a christian woman and who isn't. Just because Christianity spread throughout the west doesn't mean all western women are christians. Paul says that women (and men) should be modest in their dress. No flashiness, no glamour, just simple modest clothes. Another interesting thing is that Paul says women don't need a head covering because a woman's hair is her covering.
anusiya

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really?
Rhuan once told me that Paul (or maybe someone else bible-related) said that women should cover their heads in church with a cloth or something. Islam (ahmadiyat) extends this to men as well, but, as I said earlier, the clothing laws are exactly the same: knees to shoulders covered, and head as well in prayer.

just asking, does paul give a description as to what is modest or not?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul says that women need a covering but...

In the Lord, however, woman is not independant of man, nor is man independant of woman. For as woman came from man, so also is man born of woman. But everything comes from God. Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering.

1st Corinthians 11:11-15

As to what is modest, basically nothing flashy. He calls it "humble attire."
anusiya

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't jesus have long hair? (the guy in your sig does!)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The definitions of long hair have changed. When paul talks about long hair, he means LONG hair. Like down to your waist or lower. My hair is down to my shoulders which is what most people had around 50AD or so. Many believe Jesus' hair was about that long. Only the romans cut their hair short like we do today, so back then you could always tell a roman from a Jew or a Greek.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Philosophy and Religion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: