[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iranian Dissident Trapped 76 Days (and counting) in Moscow A

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Freedom Songs & Video (ALL MULTIMEDIA)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Iranian Dissident Trapped 76 Days (and counting) in Moscow A Reply with quote

To Watch This Video Please Click Here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKOzBxNGpI4&eurl=

pajamasmedia wrote:
"We Drink and Bathe from the Toilets" -- Iranian Dissident Trapped 76 Days (and counting) in Moscow Airport - Exclusive Pajamas Media Video

http://pajamasmedia.com/

(Video smuggled out of the Moscow airport and exclusive to Pajamas Media. Translation by Iranian-American filmmaker Ardeshir Arian. Michael Ledeen’s backgrounder on this case can be read HERE.)

UPDATE - TUES - 8:16 PST:PJM sources inform Kamalfar is still at the Moscow airport and did not leave for Iran on the first flight. An Aeroflot flight leaves for Tehran in about an hour. Negotiations are ongoing between human rights organizations and the Russians and, presumably, between the Russians and the Iranian regime.

FURTHER UPDATE - 16:26 PST: Midnight in Moscow, as the song goes. The latest reports to reach PJM are that Zahra Kamalfar is under the watchful eye of three Iranian men with ear pieces. (She knows they are Iranian because they whisper to each other in Farsi.) It is probable they could not be there without the acquiescence of the Russians. Meanwhile, PJM has learned that Kamalfar’s brother - Nader Kamalfar - has official political asylum in Canada. Her other brother was killed in Iran, presumably by the regime. At the moment, Zahra has no papers to prove her family identity. Those are in the hands of the Canadian law firm representing her brother, but are not available until Wednesday. (She may be in Tehran by then.) All of this is, of course, unconfirmed. (To see the full story and view long comment thread GO HERE)

Michael Ledeen wrote:

Pajamas Media Special Correspondent and noted Iran expert Michael Ledeen gives us some background on Iranian dissident Zahra Kamalfar and why she has been trapped in Moscow’s Sheremetyevo Airport for 73 days.

http://politicscentral.com/2006/11/18/ledeen_on_the_kamalfar_video.php
BY Michael Ledeen

This video documents an all-too common tragedy: Iranian opponents of the regime wandering the world in search of a country willing to let them live in safety. In many ways, it is reminiscent of the plight of the European Jews during the Nazi period. Then, too, refugees knocked on the doors of many nations, often ending back in the Reich.

Zahra Kamalfar participated in demonstrations six years ago. She and her husband were jailed in 2004, in her case for 8 months. Released for a two-day furlough so she could see her two children (Ana and Davood), she and the kids escaped to Turkey with forged Bulgarian passports (her own was held by the regime).

She headed for Germany via Russia, but the Germans detected the false passports and send the three back to Moscow, where she applied for asylum. At first the family was permitted to live in an airport hotel, but then was dumped into the public area of the airport. They sleep in the open terminal, have no access to showers or baths, and use public toilets. The Russians are threatening to ship her and her children back to Iran, where she will undoubtedly receive very harsh treatment.

She has appealed for refugee status to the United Nations High Commission for Refugees, but to no avail. There is an online petition www.petitiononline.com/Kamalfar/petition.html to both the UNHCR and Russian immigration authorities. Time seems quite short.

Ms Kamalfar is guilty of being an Iranian who wants to live in a free country. That is a felony in Ali Khamenei’s Iran, and a matter of considerable indifference to the “international community,” which neither helps people like her once they escape, nor the tens of millions of Iranians inside the country, even though their demands for freedom should be embraced and supported by all civilized countries and their peoples.

cyrus wrote:

Petition 39: Save Zahra kamalfar from violation in Iran and in Russia

Sign the Petition -
View Current Signatures

http://www.petitiononline.com/Kamalfar/petition.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Russian Immigration authorities and UNHCR in Russia

We are submitting this affidavit to Ms. Zahra Kamalfar’s application for asylum. We unequivocally support Miss Zahra kamalafar’s asylum claim. She would face a serious and well-founded fear of future persecution based on her activities after she reached Russia.

Zahra Kamalfar is an Iranian citizen who had made a refugee claim, together with her two minor children, Ana (DOB 1367-11-02) and Davood (DOB 1373-3-25) through UNHCR in Russia on or about May 3, 2005.

Zahra and her husband were involved in demonstrations in Iran in 2000. In July 8 2004, Zahra arrested and held in jail. Zahra was in jail for 8 months. Then she was released on a 48 hour pass to visit her family. She immediately fled Iran with her two children on April 6 2005. She and her two children went to Turkey. False Bulgarian passport arranged by a smuggler. Zahra and her children traveled from Turkey, transiting through Russia on their way to Germany. When they arrived in Germany, the authenticity of their passports was questioned. Zahra made asylum claims but their asylum claims were refused by German immigration authorities and then they were sent back to Russia. When they returned to Russia, they were detained by the Russian authorities. Russian authorities assaulted her and her daughter. The Russian authorities want to send Zahra and her children back to Iran. Zahra is afraid to return to Iran as she believes she will be sent to jail and at risk of rape, torture and possibly death. She also fears her daughter will be at risk of being sexually assaulted and raped.

The Russian authorities now want to deport the family to Iran; something that the family is convinced will be devastating to their life and safety. The Russian authorities are imposing pressure on the family by having them stranded in the Transit hall of the Moscow International Airport for the months, denying them all access to the most basic needs, including shower, proper food, etc. Regardless of the legalities of their case, this is a clear breach of all human rights principles.

Originally, Zahra and the children were being kept at a hotel at the airport. Several months ago, they were evicted from the hotel and forced to sleep in the open terminal. They have not had access to shower facilities and are restricted to public toilets.

The situation of women in Iran is inhuman, the brutality and violence against women and girls are every day occurrences in Iran. The massacred woman committed by the Iranian Islamic regime can’t be denied or excused. Misogyny, racial apartheid is the norm of the Iranian Islamic regime that women are facing. Nothing can hide the fact that the Iranian Islamic government is anti-woman misogynist and antithetical to women's rights and autonomy.

The Convention on the Rights of the Child sets out the rights that must be realized for children to develop their full potential, free from hunger and want, neglect and abuse. It reflects a new vision of the child. Children are neither the property of their parents nor are they helpless objects of charity. They are human beings and are the subject of their own rights. Despite the existence of rights, children suffer from poverty, homelessness, abuse, neglect, preventable diseases, and unequal access to education and justice systems that do not recognize their special needs. The Untied Nation has proclaimed that childhood is entitled to special care and assistance. The family as the fundamental group of society and the natural environment for the growth and well being of all its members and particularly children should be afforded the necessary protection and assistance so that it can fully assume its responsibilities within the community. For the full and harmonious development of children personality, they should grow up in a family environment in an atmosphere of happiness, love and understanding.

Miss Zahra Kamalfar would face a serious threat to her life and liberty should she be deported to Iran. Having fled Iran and being an activist against the Iranian regime places her life in danger. She has real reason to fear persecution for her legitimate and peaceful political activism should she be returned to Iran. By deporting Miss Zahra Kamalfar and her children to Iran, who is an activist against the Iranian Regime will in actuality be a preparation of her arrest, torture and then stoning.

Russia acceded to the 1951 Refugee Convention in 1993. As a signatory to the 1951 Refugee Convention, Russia is responsible for carrying out the refugee status determination procedure and granting asylum to those people who are entitled to it.

We strongly urges the Russian immigration authorities and UNHCR in Russia to revisit the Miss Zahra Kamalfar’s case and grant her and her children refugee recognition based on her well-founded fear of future persecution and execution.

Sincerely,

Last edited by cyrus on Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: They Don't Care About Us Lyrics By Michael Jackson Reply with quote

If you replace few words in the Lyrics "They Don't Care About Us By Michael Jackson" then it becomes very similar situation of freedom-loving Iranian people story in past 28 years.

All I Want To Say Nobody Care About Us

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3455858773403474477&q=Michael+Jackson

Michael Jackson wrote:
Artist: Michael Jackson Lyrics
Song: They (Neo Colonialists Appeasers EU3 - Russia - China - UN ) Don't Care About Us Lyrics

skinhead, deadhead, everybody gone bad
situation, aggravation, everybody allegation
in the suite, on the news, everybody dog food
bang bang, shock dead, everybodys gone bad.

chorus:
all i wanna say is that
they don't really care about us (For Human Rights)
all i wanna say is that
they don't really care about us (For Human Rights)

beat me, hate me, you can never break me
will me, thrill me, you can never kill me
chew me, sue me, everybody do me
kick me, hike me, don't you black or white me

chorus

tell me what has become of my life
i have a wife and two children who love me
i am the victiom of (police) Islamic Fascists brutality and Neo Colonialists Appeasers (EU3 - Russia - China) , now.
i'm tired of being the victim of hate,
you're rapin' me of my pride
of for god's sake
i look to heaven to fulfill its prophecy....
set me free

skinhead, deadhead, everybody gone bad
trepidation, speculation, everybody allegation
Iranian (black) man, black mail, throw the brother in jail

chorus

tell me what has become of my rights
am i invisible cause you ignore me?
your proclamation promised me free liberty, now.
i'm tired of being the victim of shame
they're throwing me in a class with a bad name
i can't believe this is the land from which i came.
you know i really do hate to say
the government don't wanna say
but if Cyrus The Great (roosevelt) was livin',
he would't let this be, no no.

skinhead, deadhead, everybodys gone bad
situation, speculation, everybody litigation
beat me, bash me, you can never trash me
hit me, kick me, you can never get me

chorus

some things in live they just don't wanna see
but if Cyrus The Great (martin luther) was livin'
he wouldn't let this be

skinhead, deadhead, everybody's gone bad
situation, segregation, everybody allegation
kick me, hike me, don't you wrong or right me

chorus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Freedom Songs & Video (ALL MULTIMEDIA) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: