[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thank you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashavan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

For years I have been a silent reader of this forum. I am sure there are thousands like me who read this regulary but do not post anything.

I would like to thank you to create such a great site website. All the Iran related news are here collected up-to-date, and easily accessible. It is also very nice to see the comments of American politicians, and what they think about Iran, and what they intend to do once they are in power. It is very important for us to be aware whom we are voting for and how they could affect Iran's future.

A negative but constructive critique I have is the registration. I had registered 4 weeks ago and was still waiting for the administrator to activate my account. I was trying to contact the admin without having anywhere the chance to contact him. It was very frustrating until I picked someone random in the forum who had a website in his profile. I went on his website and emailed him asking him for a favor to remind the Admin here about my activation. The registration here is like 7 khaane Rostam. Not so nice, because we need to grow and get more people involved in these forums. I understand that you try to block IRI agents but yet if we are always that afraid we wouldn't get anywhere in first place.

I am personally not active in the political opposition but rather in the cultural "opposition". I have given up politics a long time ago due all the lies and fanaticism around me. I think our problem are more in our roots. We have to improve our culture and innerself, otherwise we would just be dictating our views to others. Unfortunately one big aspect to criticize in our society is Islam itself. It is Islam that is gluing our lips together and forbids us to think and to talk freely. Because some Mullah is offended or some parts of a desert book are prohibiting our free thoughts. And once we brake these taboos and make people think, the Mullah has no more power over the people. but by doing this I will be forced automatically into the political corner again. But well..

I just wanted to introduce myself and thank you for this opportunity to participate here.

Kind Regards,
Ashavan
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank you Reply with quote

Dear Ashavan,
Welcome to this Forum and looking forward to your future contributions and educating us.
You have valid constructive critique …
Due to the facts that we have limited resources and shortage of moderators therefore we have not activated many new members because sorting out real contributors from commercial advertisers and trouble makers/regime agents is very time consuming task.
Sorry for passing through 7 khaane Rostam to become member…

However currently joining the new activistchat community Network Service For Video/Audio is automated and easy to use with the full, and feature-rich . As a member, you'll be able to share your videos, photos, mp3s, and thoughts with other activistchat community users. It's free and easy to join
To Join NOW
Sorry for delay.
Regards,
Cyrus

Ashavan wrote:
Hello everyone,

For years I have been a silent reader of this forum. I am sure there are thousands like me who read this regulary but do not post anything.

I would like to thank you to create such a great site website. All the Iran related news are here collected up-to-date, and easily accessible. It is also very nice to see the comments of American politicians, and what they think about Iran, and what they intend to do once they are in power. It is very important for us to be aware whom we are voting for and how they could affect Iran's future.

A negative but constructive critique I have is the registration. I had registered 4 weeks ago and was still waiting for the administrator to activate my account. I was trying to contact the admin without having anywhere the chance to contact him. It was very frustrating until I picked someone random in the forum who had a website in his profile. I went on his website and emailed him asking him for a favor to remind the Admin here about my activation. The registration here is like 7 khaane Rostam. Not so nice, because we need to grow and get more people involved in these forums. I understand that you try to block IRI agents but yet if we are always that afraid we wouldn't get anywhere in first place.

I am personally not active in the political opposition but rather in the cultural "opposition". I have given up politics a long time ago due all the lies and fanaticism around me. I think our problem are more in our roots. We have to improve our culture and innerself, otherwise we would just be dictating our views to others. Unfortunately one big aspect to criticize in our society is Islam itself. It is Islam that is gluing our lips together and forbids us to think and to talk freely. Because some Mullah is offended or some parts of a desert book are prohibiting our free thoughts. And once we brake these taboos and make people think, the Mullah has no more power over the people. but by doing this I will be forced automatically into the political corner again. But well..

I just wanted to introduce myself and thank you for this opportunity to participate here.

Kind Regards,
Ashavan
Ashavan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Cyrus,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am actually there registered as well. However to access a forum as such - which would be this one here - you still need a separate registration (the 7 khaan one).

So while the other one is pretty easy to register, it is only good for media.

May I suggest two things:
1) implement such a small graphic-confirmation, where you have to put a number manually. That would block the spammers and you could take out the manual activation of the new registered users.

2) I see loads of [announcement] flagged postings in every forum. It takes 4-5 scrolls down with the middle mouse button until you get to the most recent posts. Not really convenient. I suggest reducing the outdated [announcement] by flagging them back to normal, so that they go in background and make room for more recent activities.

Kind Regards
Ashavan
blank

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank you Reply with quote

Ashavan wrote:
Hello everyone,

Kind Regards,
Ashavan

Hi Ashavan:
Welcome to the Activistchat. I believe Cyrus is right about being careful of who comes into the site. There are too many agents that come in under the guise of "opposition"!
Professor Daniel Zuker has explained these people very well: "VEVAK agents have been trained to use the old KGB 80/20 formula: tell the truth 80% of the time and spread lies 20%; attack the regime 80% of the time and the resistance 20%. It’s amazing how successful the formula has proven to be. Occasionally an agent will up the percentage to 90/10 so as to better hide his/her real intentions, but the percentage never drops below 80/20, as that would risk detection"
As far as not being active in political opposition, of course that is your choice, however, your topic "It's not love of Isreal or Palestinians. It's fear of Iran" that sounds political to me!
My last recommendation is, before you post a new topic you might want to check "Search" there might already be a similar topic, that way you just post it under the alreacy existing topic, which saves a lot of space on the site. For instance there are several topics on Zahra Kazemi or Shirin Ebadi, that you can post under those names and don't need to open a new topic.
That was my 2 cents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: