[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Family

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sourena

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Family Reply with quote

Does anyone else have LONG family tree? If so, what is the history of your family?

I'll start with mine. Personally, my family is HUGE. more than 80% of it I've never even met. My paternal grandfather was a major general in the army before the revolution. My paternal grandmother was the very first Iranian woman to recieve her PhD and a Surgeon's Degree (beat that Wink). It's funny because her father used to own 85% of Tehran in his time (as you can guess, that changed). My maternal grandfather was the representative from Iran in the WHO and the assistant-vazir of Health.

Farther back than that, I don't even want to get to. Except that my father's father's line, have always been the Shah's personal doctor. The root of my last name comes from this. A LONG time ago the Shah (not exactly sure which one) and my ancestor were in a public bath house or something and, anyway my ancestor's cheeks had reddened because of the heat. The Shah turns to him and says as a joke "your cheeks are red like flowers". That's where my last name comes from . And until only five generations ago, my family was Zartusht. That's about it (Didn't want to go into too much detail).

From my family tree it has been determined by my father's uncle, the historian, that we are related to the royal line as far back as the Ashkanians. Our records don't go farther back than that.

Last edited by Sourena on Sun May 23, 2004 8:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Saman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know my family whole story. But it too is huge Very Happy

I know that my grandfather was a colonel in the army before the revolution, my uncle was one of the most wealthiest men in Iran, and my aunt was a diplomat in Washington. She was expelled from the US because of the hostage crisis, but she returned, and she and her family now lives in LA.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that my family tree going back 400 years exists. But I have never seen it. None of my relatives worked for the Shah or in the army. But my great grandfather was a member of the Majles e Moasessan that made Reza Shah the Great, head of state. He didn't know Reza Shah personally. But liked his ideas about modernity and his anti-mullah stance. I don't know how he got to sit on the Majles e Moasessan. Probably because he was rich and everyone knew him.
redemption

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azadeh_55 wrote:
I know that my family tree going back 400 years exists. But I have never seen it. None of my relatives worked for the Shah or in the army. But my great grandfather was a member of the Majles e Moasessan that made Reza Shah the Great, head of state. He didn't know Reza Shah personally. But liked his ideas about modernity and his anti-mullah stance. I don't know how he got to sit on the Majles e Moasessan. Probably because he was rich and everyone knew him.

I'm an Alien - don't have any reccolection of my family.. sorry Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: