[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

25th Anniversary of Iran's Revolution
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
by Alireza Jafarzadeh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: 25th Anniversary of Iran's Revolution Reply with quote

25th Anniversary of Iran's Revolution
http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=12136
by Alireza Jafarzadeh

Today, February 11, marks the silver anniversary of the popular revolution that toppled the dictatorship in Iran, but turned into a nightmare when Ayatollah Khomeini and his firebrand clerics erected a fundamentalist theocracy.

Exploiting the anti-Western sentiments, Khomeini perverted the revolution as an Islamic crusade against the “Great Satan” and brutally crushed the democratic opposition.

Having eliminated all voices of dissent by sending tens of thousands to the gallows, the ruling clerics, as desperate as ever, have now turned on their partners of the past twenty-five years by disqualifying thousands of rival candidates in the parliamentary elections set for February 20.

While some in the West continue to paint the recent row as a “hard-line” vs. “moderate” showdown, the impasse reflects the dire state of a ruthless, incompetent and corrupt regime that has run aground, to the point where it can no longer tolerate its accomplices in a quarter of a century of bloody rule.

To run for office, all candidates must declare their “heart-felt” and “practical” allegiance to the principle of velayat-e faqih (absolute clerical supremacy). In all these years, Mohammad Khatami and his camp have gone out of their way to assure the rival faction and Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei of that loyalty.

That the watchdog vetting body, the Guardian Council, disqualified out of nearly 8,200 candidates some 3,000, including dozens of incumbent deputies, underlines the undemocratic and illegitimate nature of this election.

The Iranian public’s widespread apathy toward the developments in recent weeks, including the sit-in in the Parliament building by dozens of disqualified deputies, makes it clear that for the vast majority of Iranians elections is a sham. No more than 10 percent of the electorate cast their ballots in the “Islamic” councils’ elections last year that pitted the so-called reformers against the hard-liners. Even more so, most observers believe, the upcoming parliamentary elections will be shunned by the vast majority of the Iranians.

The Supreme Leader insisted that the election must go ahead as planned, and not a day later. He warned his rivals not to play into the hands of “foreign” enemies and those bent on toppling the Islamic Republic. “Elections will be held on time on the basis of your order,'' obeyed the lame duck president in a letter. Once again Khatami did not live up to his promise when he had earlier vowed to only hold elections that were “competitive, free and fair.”

“Khatami should not turn into an instrument in the hands of hard-liners,'' an angry prominent supporter of Khatami told the Associated Press.

In addition to proving the “reformist” faction a total travesty, this has further exposed the vulnerability and the fragile state of the ruling theocracy to the point where it cannot tolerate even those who have helped this fundamentalist regime remain in power since its inception. It has also shown to the outside world what millions in Iran have already opined: The mullahcracy is illegitimate and must be removed in its entirety.

Where does this leave the international community and the United States?

To be sure, the Europeans, in hot pursuit of business, continue to promote engagement with Tehran, reflected in the French President’s receiving last month of Hassan Rowhani, one of the most hard-line pro-Khamenei clerics. They appear to have found some allies among traditional Iran appeasers in Washington who are still in search of illusory moderates in Iran.

Others argue, as did former Assistant Secretary of Defense Richard Perle, in his address to some 5,000 Iranian Americans in Washington last month, that “there is no question where the power lies in Iran today; it isn’t through the electoral process... It’s a hand full of self appointed dictators. And to believe that we can do business with them is to fail to completely understand what we are up against.”

“What the mullahs fear the most is the expression of the people of Iran. That is why they would do everything they can to resist a referendum and that is why there must be a referendum,” added Mr. Perle.

The United States has now the historic opportunity to side with the millions in Iran in their call for a United Nations supervised referendum as the last peaceful recourse to regime change in Iran.

Alireza Jafarzadeh is the president of Strategic Policy Consulting, Inc. in Washington and is a longtime commentator on Middle Eastern and Iranian affairs.
Hoi Persai

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another:

Yahoo news What do Persians in the West think?
redemption

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: fff Reply with quote

Hoi Persai wrote:
Here's another:

Yahoo news What do Persians in the West think?

I try not to read the AP garbage but occasionaly you can find one fact out of an entire article that is correct... butyou have to through with a fine toothed comb,, ahhh
Faramarz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I would like to point out that Mr. Jafarzadeh is the spokesman for the Mujahadeen-e-Khalq, a Marxist-Islamic terrorist organization.

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1069329/posts

Quote:
In a letter last week to Attorney General John Ashcroft, Ney identified Alireza Jafarzadeh as the head of an Iranian exile group that the U.S. government lists as a terrorist organization. It's a Marxist Islamic outfit called the Mujaheddin el-Khalq, once allied with Saddam Hussein. "The MEK has killed United States military and civilian personnel in the past, aided in the overthrow of the American Embassy in Tehran and targeted American civilians for murder," wrote Ney, who used to teach English in pre-revolutionary Iran.

The Iranian revolution was one of the greatest tragedies of the 20th century. A democratic popular struggle for democracy was perverted into an Islamic fundamentalist fascist takeover. Khomeini was responsible for the executions of over 100,000 people and the deaths of hundreds of thousands of others. He pushed Iranian society backward. He brought back medieval tortures, stonings and killings. His regime was far worse than that of the Shah or any other government in modern Iranian history.

The Constitutional Revolution of 1906 created Iran's first parliament and slightly improved the situation. The revolution of 1979 was defeated and the Islamic counter-revolution succeeded. This did a lot of damage. The 3rd and possibly last revolution is approaching. I hope this one will succeed in bringing a secular, democratic and nationalistic government to power. The Iranian people have struggled for freedom and independence for 100 years. They have suffered too much.
9karevatan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellllllllll0 do u know who the first ones to protest khomeini were??????

MOJAHEDDIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do u know who the first ppl to fight and successfully take out the first few presidents plus khamenies arm were??????

MOJAHEDDIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do u know who lost the most amout of ppl from the government in politics?????????

MOJAHEDDIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who is most organized with artillery including tanks against this terrorist regime??????

MOJAHEDDIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who holds up the parchame 3 range shiro khorshid and is totally independent.....meaning isolated from all other political groups

MOJAHEDDIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ppl who stand in rain snow sun shine and willing to die to fight the regime

MOJAHEDDIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

honestly GO WATCH SIMAYEH AZADI FOR 20 MIN AND SEE WHAT THEY ARE CAPABLE OF!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
9karevatan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLUS THEY HAVE NOT HARMED ANYONE OUTSIDE OF IRAN.........SO HOW ARE THEY TERRORISTS????
Saman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mujahedin = Iranian traitors who sold their soul to the Arabs.

Do you get that?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
redemption

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: d Reply with quote

Although it is enjoyable to see anyone on TV, such as Alireza was yesterday, bashing regime,talking aboutclerics they are sending in, talkin about Rafsanjahni..
TeachESL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was reported that many thousands of people came out to 'celebrate' the revolution. What can anyone tell me about that?
redemption

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeachESL wrote:
It was reported that many thousands of people came out to 'celebrate' the revolution. What can anyone tell me about that?

Many are paid to - and others go out as a joke!
stefania

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Chaya,dear Israeli friend, you can go to Iran and ask all the iranians if they participated to the celebrations of that Inquisition,they will all say to you "i was at home with my girlfriend/boyfriend.I have no time to spend to celebrate the planned genocide of the iranian nation"

This is not only what my friends from Iran tell me everyday,when i chat with them (yesterday i knew another friend and he says the same things!),it's what the major part of the iranians,even those that don't have access to the satellite Tv say (one of my friends doesn't have access to satellite Tv but only to internet and he is fully 100% against IRI and in favor,he says,of Pahlavi consitutional monarchy)

Apart of what some would want as a form of govt (which is not important now),it's amazing how the iranians are ,maybe,the only people under a dictatorship in the ME that is not brainwashed by the 25-years long islamic regime's propaganda.

Some time ago,a friend living in Italy told me : "if that Inquisition served to something,it served to something against the mullahs' will.They thought they would have instilled hatred towards the free world in the iranians' hearts,but at the opposite,they have created a strong opposition to islamic rules and laws and a strong sympathy for the free world,specially israel and america."

In this sense,i think that the rising interest for ancient persian religions, as the zoroastrianism,and the youth's simpathy for the victims of terror (namely israel and america) suggests that that fact is true.

Remember,the iranian people is one of the most (if not even the MOST ) educated people in the middle east and it's difficoult to brainwash with hateful propaganda

Mullahs and their supporters have tried to do so,but they have FAILED.

Tens of millions boycott revolution's "celebration"

SMCCDI (Information Service)
Feb 11, 2004

http://www.daneshjoo.org/generalnews/article/publish/article_4857.shtml

Tens of millions of Iranians boycotted today what was supposed to be qualified as the "Celebration" of "25 Years of Glory". Millions and milions stayed home by turning, once again, their backs to the Islamic republic regime and its dark legacy.

In Tehran, the regime was just able to gather a professional crowd rich of less than 150 thousands and in main provincial cities the number was much lesser than any other year. It's to note that the population of the Greater Tehran is around 15 millions of inhabitants and that some of the regime's mouthpieces have reported that the today's demonstrators were brought to the Azadi square by around 4000 buses which had departed from 7 "gathering points".

SMCCDI had revelead eralier that confirming reports from main Iranian cities and especially the Capital were stating about the start of mass transfers of paid "celebrators" and future "voters" to these cities. These transfers managed and supervised by the Offices of Islamic Propagation and the Pasdaran Intelligence are made in preparation of the "celebration" of the 25th anniversary of the 1979 Islamic revolution, on Wednesday, and the regime's sham parliamentary elections of Feb. 20th.

Full buses reached the cities of Tehran, Esfahan, Shiraz, tabriz, Mashad, Hamadan and Oroomiah (former Rezai-e) by delivering their load of paid rural people who are receiving money, gifts, promises and free full paid travel to cities.

Most of the state's foundations' hotels and dorm places, Bassij centers, mosques and even part of the regime's military facilities, such as in Lavizan (NE of Tehran) are lodging these guests.

The regime intends by this way to boost its "popular legitimacy" and avoid empty streets on these days while each of the ministries received the order to gather groups of employees, school students and plainclothes militaries and to send them for the two events.

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
9karevata

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on one even answered my claims on mojaheddin ........i swear i would go to a demonstration for reza pahlavi and also for mojahedd .....but u guys are too narrow minded are obsessed with a manarchy that will not have support in iran.....neither will mojaheddin........

ps.....please explain how mojaheddin sold their souls to arabs!!!!!!!
Faramarz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9karevata

I'm not trying to be nasty or intolerant. Everything I say about the Mujahadeen is true. They were Khomeini's most loyal supporters during and after the revolution. They participated in the killings of thousands of people along with the hezbollahis. They supported the taking of the American hostages. They sided with Iraq during the war and staged attacks inside Iranian territory while the war was still going on. They became Saddam's most loyal fighters.

Also, they are Islamic fundamentalist. They want to overthrow this Islamic Republic and replace it with their own version of an Islamic Republic. They are probably even worse than the mullahs.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9karevatan u know what u r talking about and I agree. I would love to know how Faramarz became an expert on what mojahedin are like. Was he there when supposedly "They participated in the killings of thousands of people along with the hezbollahis?" He's got it all mixed up, the mojahedin were part of the thousands being murdered by the regime, along with members from other opposition groups. It's easy to come to a bias conclusion about something when you don't take the time to look at it from different angles. I would like to remind him that it was the mojahedin that gave reports to the US about the mullah's secret atomic weapons facilities. What's the point of bashing a group who has been AGAINST the mullah's barbaric government and has fought against them for so long? How can they be Islamic Fundamentalists when they support having a secular governement in Iran? Bob Ney, by the way is paid by the Islamic Republic to make false accusations against the mojahedin. The mullahs are doing whatever they can to keep themselves in power. Right now, instead of arguing, we should be focusing on what's important and that is the upcoming election in Iran. Let's not forget that the mullahs are the enemies of the people of Iran, not the mojahedin.
lemonhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Unity Reply with quote

Unity is the key my compatriots - lets UNITE and FIGHT BACK!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: