[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

revolution vs invasion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefania

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Faramarz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He writes like that because he lives in the exile ... As i told you, the Iranians in Iran wish the Marines to help them .

I think that Iranshahr (Faramarz) should tell his opinions freely, but he should speak for himself and not on behalf of the iranian people.

First, I am not opposed to war with Iran because I live in exile. If there was a war, I would not be harmed. I live in the US. The people in Iran would be ones getting killed and maimed. They have more of a reason to oppose war than I do.

Second, you said I shouldn't speak on behalf of the people. Yet, you are saying that the Iranians in Iran want the marines to invade their country. You are claiming to speak for the Iranian people.

All Iranian pro-democracy activists should concentrate and focus on removing the mullahs from power. They are the #1 enemy. But we must make it clear to everyone that we are not going to sell-out our country to foreign powers. The conflict in Iran is a nationalist and humanist struggle against a brutal theocracy. The Iranian people will fight and overthrow the Islamic Republic on their own.
stefania

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, but i don't think that the iranian people will not support a war.

They are being killed and massacred since 1979,faramarz..

is not that enough???

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only reported what my friends in iran tell me..

Faramarz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They are being killed and massacred since 1979,faramarz..

is not that enough???

If the US attacks Iran, tens of thousands of Iranians will be massacred.

I'll say it again; the Iranian people, not foreign powers, will be the ones that will overthrow the Islamic Republic. If the US wants to help Iran, it can give the people moral support and convince other countries to go against the mullahs. But any type of military or CIA intervention is unacceptable.
redemption

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: d Reply with quote

I agree with Faramarz - but of course it is obvious that some US special forces and options should be ready, armed and on the table if in fact the regime deems it wise to begin slaughtering thousands of Iranians and break down the opposition.. Then US forces should pin point assault on the ground in various cities to counter the Arab mercenaries and fanatics who are willing to die for the regime... A Rapid reaction force of American soldiers should be armed and ready to fly in and drop down to cities and on the ground in order to defend the Iranian people against attacks from the plain clothes, etc..
kerravon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: d Reply with quote

redemption wrote:
I agree with Faramarz - but of course it is obvious that some US special forces and options should be ready, armed and on the table if in fact the regime deems it wise to begin slaughtering thousands of Iranians and break down the opposition.. Then US forces should pin point assault on the ground in various cities to counter the Arab mercenaries and fanatics who are willing to die for the regime... A Rapid reaction force of American soldiers should be armed and ready to fly in and drop down to cities and on the ground in order to defend the Iranian people against attacks from the plain clothes, etc..

Do you agree with him where he says that cooperating with a coalition of democracies is "selling out" the country? What sort of attitude is this? Did Iraq sell out by cooperating with the western forces? Take a look what happened. $20 billion in free money, help in setting up a democracy and institutions, no military coups, no bloody revolution. The more people cooperate, the better the result.

Also, as far as the special forces are concerned, I don't think they have the ability to parachute into hostile territory and survive for long. The long convoys seen in Iraq are the most likely. It is things like that that will convince the Iranians that it is an unstoppable force, and that the result is inevitable. When the opposition knows they have no chance at all, they are more likely to surrender.

In this case, I'm hoping for not just surrenders but defections of military units. That was my hope in Iraq too, but it was not to be. You have to deal with reality, not hope. We hope for these great things, but you have to prepare for the worst. And the worst is that the entire Iranian population opposes the coalition because they believe their own propaganda that we're there to steal the oil.

It will be as bloody as the Iranians are fanatical, no different from Japan. The result is set in stone. The death toll is in the hands of the Iranians.
Saman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'll say it again; the Iranian people, not foreign powers, will be the ones that will overthrow the Islamic Republic. If the US wants to help Iran, it can give the people moral support and convince other countries to go against the mullahs. But any type of military or CIA intervention is unacceptable.

I support this a 100%. There is no need for military invasion.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faramarz is a cospiracy-theories man.

I think that the use of force must also be considered.

It will be the last option, but not excluded.

I repeat.. Iranshahr(faramarz) you did not hear what the iranians shouted when Saddam was overthown?

If you want, i give you the email addresses of my friends.

You can contact them and you will see what they think.

Too easy for you living in the exile.

I repeat, you are complicit in destroying the opinions of the western people about the iranians.

as kerravon says, it suggests how negative opinions they have of the iranians.

Congratulations Fara Marz.

and congratulations to your comrade khomeini.

stefania

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerravon, Fara Marz's opinions are not shared by the iranians in Iran.

Don't be misled.

The Iranians are the most pro-american in the world.

They love the Marines.

stefania

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say that if Marines go to help the people of Iran, i will support them.

nima

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

Stefania. you're 100% non-Iranian, so what does it matter what you think?
stefania

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It matters.. Because i am an activist and supporter of Freedom in Iran..

I are pro-Iranian people and i care that people around the world has a positive opinion of the iranian people.

kerravon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefania wrote:
I say that if Marines go to help the people of Iran, i will support them.

Italian troops please. Smile Even if you only supply 500 troops, like Poland did, that is fine.

You're right about these others creating a negative opinion of Iranians. The sort of person who would rather see their sister get raped by a mullah than have filthy kafirs place a foot on their precious soil is the sort of fanatic we've come to know and love from that area.

I disagree with you that we should consider military invasion as the "last option". In my opinion, it will be the least bloody option. Professional westerns against goons with guns is not a contest. I would have said that putting the burden on unarmed Iranian children would be the last option. The Russians were successful in their revolution when the army was away. USA was successful when France helped. Georgia was successful when it had a decent army instead of a thug's army.

Iran has none of these things going for it. In my opinion, calling for a revolution is irresponsible. Just like when Bush Snr called for one in Iraq. Seen the mass graves?

Now contrast that with Haiti. The rebel leader, Philippe, told the people of Port-au-Prince to stay indoors. This is actually the correct thing to do. He is basically a trained professional, regardless of what else he may be. He knows what tactics actually work, and which are irresponsible.

Brilliant result in Haiti. We'll soon have another country to tick off at www.freedomhouse.org Smile

Anyway, I would recommend that there should be a lot more discussion about how a military operation should take place in Iran. Which internal forces of Iran will defect? Where is the regime's weak point? It is pointless to leave the most likely, and most responsible option, completely undiscussed, and instead spend much time discussing fantasy.

One of the good things about a thugocracy is that you don't need to take on the entire country, you just head straight for the leader. The rest of the military surrenders after that. In our democracies, anyone can take over leadership, we're all singing from the same page, ie "restore the constitution". Very few in Iran are going to be chanting "restore the Ayatollah", when he's dead.
stefania

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerravon, i don't think that the italian troops would go to iran.. Italy, as well as all the other EU countries, as a govt supports the islamic regime.

I don't think that President Bush is going to declare war on mullahs.

At least, not this year.. We will see what will happen soon after the elections.

As for the military action, i would be in favor of Marines going to help the iranian people, rather than bombs and air strikes.

I repeat, the situation in Iran is different from Afghanistan and Iraq.

As a Bush-supporter, i can't avoid to blame him sometimes when he does mistakes.

I think that now he should focus the US budget more on civilian purposes than on military ones.

Military force cannot solve everything.

The abroad-based satellite broadcasts are ,in my opinion, a great destabilizing force for the mullahs and have done a great job till now.

In my opinion, the Us should finance more abroad-based satellite broadcasts for the arabs and other people under dictatorship as well.

The US is financing a new US-based Arab TV, Al Hurria (Liberty) with arab journalists that will broadcast from America to the arab world.

It is a new arab satellite TV committed to promote the values of Democracy,Peace,Freedom and Tolerance.

This new TV aims to marginalize Al Jazeera and Al Arabya,which are some of the main responsible for the brainwash of many arabs.

Well, i think that as Radio London had a great role in Italy and Europe and Radio Free Europe in Poland,the new Satellite broadcasts will play a major role in inviting people in those countries to raise against their dictators.

Dear Kerravon, the Iraqis don't want Saddam again and they don't want an Islamic theocracy either. What we see in our biased Tv is what they wants us to see. But if you read the many new blogs from Iraq, you will see that many iraqis are in favor of a true Democracy there.

I think that the US should finance US-based Sattellite Channels for the European citizens as well. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: