[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Indymedia stands with the murderers of the Iranian people

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Indymedia stands with the murderers of the Iranian people Reply with quote

I just gave a look at the Indymedia website..
i was so amazed by their violent tone used against what they consider the "racist zionist and american imperialists which control the world and oppress the poor".. then, there were images of the "palestinian heroes"( Hamas homice bombers),images of how beautiful life was under Saddam Hussein,images of the "Iraqi resistance groups" against the "imperialist occupation" of Iraq and....... regarding Iran, they wrote : "Once again,the American imperialists want to get the iranian govt afraid,but it should be that the iranian govt,which rightly support the Iraqi and Palestinian resistance,will not give up and surrender to the imperialists."regarding the iranian protests,"they were incited by the Shah's son at the White House,under the Bush's orders..The Shah was a muderer and the iranian people kicked him out in 1979,so those which protested this year,were only few people in a 70-million people country.
We think that the only real opposition to the mullahs are the heroic MKO guerrillas"..
You judge....

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the same thing that the American "Democrats" leftists say ...
I am supporting Bush for a second term...

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Saman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is their adress? Commie-bastards!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Spenta

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:10 pm    Post subject: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly of Liberal/Leftist Iran Press Reply with quote

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly Awards for Iran Coverage by Western Liberal Leftist Media.

Someone I know on another discussion board, tried to start an Iran section on Indymedia last winter, but it was so convoluted he gave up. He had hoped to setup the section because Indymedia had completely ignored the student protests over Aghajari last fall. Indymedia is a reactionary, sensationalist, clueless waste of time. It is the National Enquirer of the left, without the readership of the National Enquirer. Listen, they have very little relevancy amongst many people considered as liberals.

There was an article about that recently, how during the June student protests in Iran there wasn't a word about it on Indymedia or the NY Times, but the story was Number 1 on Blogdex. Maybe this is their response to that printed accusation Laughing Laughing Laughing

As for the NYTimes, they loved Khomeini (and sang his praises), they hated the Shah back then and still do, they loved Rafsanjani the "Pragmatist" president who would usher in an era of economic reform and liberalisation Laughing Laughing Laughing and Khatami their beloved saint, the philosopher president, who would turn Iran into an ideal of Islamic Democracy and whom they adored like no other. Till this date they still promote and write about the Melli Mazhabis (Religious Nationalists), even though everybody in Iran hates them as the intellectual pioneers of the genocidal Mullahcracy and the philosphical defenders of Islamist terrorism.

The NY Times is stuck defending their editorial policy of sticking with the Mullahs & Islamism for over 24 years. They have of course started to change their tune with many anti-Islamist pieces, but not when it comes to Iran (with the possible exception of Tom Friedman). Instead of acknowledging "hey we made a mistake" they are trying to justify it by pretending that the unshaven non-clergy Islamists are the best bet Laughing Laughing Laughing Unless of course its not what I just wrote but what they say about the gentlemanly agreement between the CIA & The New York Times going back to the Mossadegh era. Confused

However, there has been positive media coverage by media outlets considered as liberal, such as NPR. Now granted, many Leftists call NPR National Petroleum Radio, but frankly I find that to be ludicrous. NPR has been moving more and more towards the center from the left, this is a logical and sensible move in view of the international dominance of centrism as a trend. But personally I like NPR, and I listen to it often when I am travelling, (especially since my only other options while travelling are Rush 'hideous' Limbaugh and Bible Radio Laughing ), and I like NPR. They have done a great job on Iran. They've had Reza Pahlavi on several times. They reported on all the student protests, starting with the soccer riots and they have consistantly continued to. Recently they had a roundtable with Monarchists, Republicans and even a pro regime Reformist. I don't know of too many other western media who have had Dariush Homayoun on (not even Fox), and they had him face off with an angry Reformist, who ended up discreditting himself most of the time, it was great. So kudos to NPR. And I'm going to catch it from both the Right and the Left for saying that. Laughing Thats why I like NPR Wink

The next liberal media that surprisingly has done a a balanced job on Iran is the UK Guardian. They have ran many pieces showing the daily horrors of life for young Iranians inside of Iran. They even ran the translation of that heartbreaking letter from a Cinema afficiando Sad from Tehran's hell of a life, as they dragged away his friend with the collection of great films Sad . I may not agree with many of the other editorials and articles in the Guardian, however I do appreciate their Iran coverage which has presented the case for the struggelling youth in Iran quite well. (NY Times Sunday magazine ran the piece from Tim Judda on the disenchanted Rock'n Roll youth in Iran. The Guardian ran the longer version, and they have also ran many more pieces like that).

Last but not least, there is movement on the Progressive front (many Progressives don't care to identify or affiliate themselves with Leftists). Utne has started to have pieces about Iran, they ran an Iranian Cinema piece in their current issue, which brings the struggle of the secular democracy factions and Feminists in Iran to the attention of their readers. Now don't shoot me but ... lets face it pieces like this are only making the Iranian case more fashionable amongst a certain group. And right now all I care about are getting more support for the Iranian Freedom Movement. And I want the support from the right and the left! Iranians right now need the support of all people, not just one group!

However the absolute worst coverage award for Iran is a tie between 2 stalwarts of the Left, continuing to propogate the obsolete, outdated and hopelessly out of touch attitudes of yesteryear: Indymedia and "DemocracyNow"/Pacifica Radio! Amy Goodman's total and deliberate avoidance of Iran ... is a disagrace for "Democracy Now". Believe me, I have expressed my disappointment/outrage to the people invovled with this disaster every chance and opportunity I get. Suffice it to say, I get those chances, occassionally.

So The Good, The Bad and The Ugly Awards for Iran Coverage by Western Liberal Leftist Media Go To:
The Good= NPR & the Guardian UK
The Bad= The New York Times
& The Ugly = Indymedia & Pacifica's "Democracy Now with Amy Goodman".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: