[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iran, Hezbollah Support al-Sadr
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Washington Times

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: Iran, Hezbollah Support al-Sadr Reply with quote

Iran, Hezbollah Support al-Sadr
April 07, 2004
The Washington Times
Rowan Scarborough

Sheik Muqtada al-Sadr, the fiery Iraqi Shi'ite cleric who ordered his fanatical militia to attack coalition troops, is being supported by Iran and its terror surrogate Hezbollah, according to military sources with access to recent intelligence reports.

Sheik al-Sadr's bid to spark a widespread uprising in Iraq comes at a particularly pivotal time. The United States is conducting a massive troop rotation that leaves inexperienced troops in some locations, including Fallujah, which is west of Baghdad and where Sunnis have mounted another series of rebellions.

Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld said yesterday that he will consider more U.S. forces for Iraq if his top commander there, Gen. John Abizaid, requests them. There are about 130,000 U.S. troops in Iraq, and the force strength is scheduled to shrink by 15,000 once the rotation is completed.

"The commanders are using the excess of forces that happen to be in there because of the deployment process," Mr. Rumsfeld told reporters. "They will decide what they need, and they will get what they need."

Sheik al-Sadr, who has traveled to Iran and met with its hard-line Shi'ite clerics, is an ardent foe of the United States who wants all foreign troops to leave.

The United States suspects that his goal is to create a hard-line Shi'ite regime in Iraq modeled after Tehran's government. Military sources said Sheik al-Sadr is being aided directly by Iran's Revolutionary Guard, which plays a large role in running that country, and by Hezbollah, an Iranian-created terrorist group based in Lebanon.

One of the sources said these two organizations are supplying the cleric with money, spiritual support and possibly weapons. "Iran does not want a success in Iraq," the source said.

"A democratic Iraq is a death knell to the mullahs." Sheik al-Sadr upped the ante during the weekend by calling for his 3,000-strong militia, the Army of the Mahdi, to begin attacking coalition forces. His fiery words touched off attacks throughout southern Iraq.

The Coalition Provisional Authority in Baghdad announced on Monday that an Iraqi judge months ago had issued an arrest warrant for Sheik al-Sadr on a charge of murdering a moderate Shi'ite cleric.

The question for U.S. commanders is how to arrest Sheik al-Sadr without further enraging his small but violent group of followers. "Let the Iraqis kill him," said retired Air Force Lt. Gen. Thomas McInerney. "We should not kill him, but we may have to. He's trying to create an uprising. This is their Tet offensive. We're going to kill a lot of them just like we did at Tet."

John Hillen, a former Army captain who fought in Operation Desert Storm during the 1991 Persian Gulf war, said the first step should be to try to discredit the cleric, using the condemnation of moderate Shi'ite leaders, before arresting him.

"You need to defuse the situation," Mr. Hillen said. "You need to make it Iraqi versus Iraqi. You've got to discredit him by his own people and find legitimate sources on our side. Make this as much a Shi'ite-to-Shi'ite issue as opposed to the Americans versus Sadr."

The U.S. military is trying new tactics to try to quell insurgents in Fallujah, avoiding time-consuming house-to-house sweeps in favor of targeted raids based on hard intelligence. When the 82nd Airborne Division first tried to subdue Fallujah in the summer, units went block by block to locate insurgents. Now, in the second intense battle for the city of Saddam Hussein loyalists, intelligence collection has improved and U.S. Marines can target specific dwellings.

"The plan is not to go house to house, street to street. We are trying to get insurgents," Capt. Ed Sullivan told Agence France-Presse.

Mr. Hillen said such precision operations mean that the Marines are getting good intelligence. "If you have good intelligence beforehand, which is the key to the whole Fallujah-type operations, you can at the same time be precise and overwhelming. We've been in and around Fallujah for quite some time, and I'm sure we have some pretty good intelligence sources there."

Mr. Rumsfeld said part of the intelligence resources are photographs of Iraqis who participated in the killings and mutilations of four American contractors. The former military commandos were serving as security staff in Fallujah and moving on a main road frequently traveled by coalition personnel when they were ambushed.

"They have photographs of a good many people who were involved in the attacks against the individuals, and they have been conducting raids in the city against high-value targets," Mr. Rumsfeld said. "They've captured a number of people over the past 36 hours. The city is isolated. A number of people have resisted and been killed. And it will be a methodical effort to find the individuals who were involved."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: My wish Reply with quote

I wish that the same pain and anguish the world leaders at the time caused the shahanshah of Iran, to be inflicted upon them generation after generation. Unless they change their ways and see other nations as HUMAN BEINGS.

If Iran is to be taken apart into pieces by these powers, I will do anything in power to take them apart. I will raise my children not to forget what they've done to our peaceful beautiful land and nation.

Ahura save Iran from all harm;

gooshmali doshmanan e Iranzamin ra az Ahuraye Iran khahanam. Ta anja ke khod lazem be eghdam be in amr shavim. Omidvaram be chonin roozi naresim. ama gozashte neshan midahad, ghodratha bas birahmand.
comment

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Europe Reply with quote

Europe must stop support of IRI?

Please tell me you're kidding me, right?

EUROPE HAS CREATED THE IRI!
EUROPE BREADS IRI AND ISLAMISTS!
EUROPE HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO CREATE MORE ISLAMIC TERROR REGIMES IN FUTURE AS WELL, AND THEY WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO.

BECAUSE EUROPE DOES NOT BELIEVE IN LIBERTY AND FREEDOM.
THEY ONLY ASPIRE TO GREED THAT'S ALL.
asher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The foregoing is a classic example of the leftists' argument of "inevitability". Europe (or, more commonly, America) supported a fascist regime in the past; therefore, Europe/America is "bad"; therfore Europe/America must stay "bad"; therefore Europe/America must continue to support fascist regimes.
last chance

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

Here is their chance to take out terrorist ayatollahs once and for all.

They should take action right away ( TAKE AYATOLLAHS OUT NOW!)

forever hold their breath about terrorism.
redemption

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any Sadr or Islamic Fanatic Terrorist sent in by the Mullahs must be killed.. If they are in a mosque, drop a bomb on the mosque.. Support the Iranian people.. if the mullahs are not dealt with, Iraq will never be a success... TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!! JESUS, PLEASE TO SOMETHING PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!
blank

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone should write to president Bush and tell him they want Al Sadre and his cronies destoryed.
president@whitehouse.gov
666UK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Iraq Reply with quote

I still don't get it, why would they leave the british alone with shiet in Najaf and all of south-eastern Iraq?

Didn't they know decades of link between the brits and shiet mullas?
don't they read the history?
don't they know Najaf was the birth place of Iran ayatollahs?
don't they know ayatollahs were paid 30.00/mo by the british back then?
Even khomeini was on british payroll in Najaf-Iraq those days.

Yes in NAJAF- IRAQ!

How sneaky of the brits to take over this area and supposedly WATCH IT !

I can just imagine what they were watching.

They were sipping tea with sadr and watching his troops form!
That's what they were watching!
Terl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: Europe Reply with quote

You say EU supports IRI ?
How?

Do you want EU and US to start sanctions againt Iran?

Do you want to be "freed" by US missiles like Iraq?
stefania

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Europe Reply with quote

Terl wrote:
How?

Down with EU

By Stefania, a CIA-agent

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
redemption

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Europe Reply with quote

Terl wrote:
How?

EU supports the IRI by maintaining business ties with regime without condemning and demanding that the regime reverse the corrupt, fanatical and evil system they have created. The EU simply stated, does not support the Iranian people's will to be free - and they fail tremendously in defending the human rights of not only Iranians but others in the region directly and indirectly affected by their business deals.

No, not by US missiles.
stefania

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 100% convinced that the Mullahs finance kidnappings VIA EU-funds

Four Italians Possibly Kidnapped in Iraq

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

ROME — Four Italians, working as private security guards for a U.S. company, are missing in Iraq, the ANSA news agency quoted the Foreign Ministry as saying Tuesday. An Arab satellite television network said the four were kidnapped by Iraqi insurgents.

The Italian civilians worked for the U.S. company DTS Security (search), ANSA said.

Al-Jazeera satellite television said the men were abducted near Fallujah (search), 35 miles west of Baghdad. The network showed videotape of four men sitting in a room surrounded by gunmen wearing Arab headscarves.

Al-Jazeera said the four were kidnapped by the Green Brigade of the Prophet (search), one of the Mujahideen Brigades.

The kidnappers demanded that the Italian government and specifically Premier Silvio Berlusconi issue an apology for Italy's insult to Islam and Muslims, al-Jazeera said.

The broadcast also said the kidnappers demanded the withdrawal of Italy's 3,000 troops.

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vice of Sadr ,supported by the Mullahs, has threatened to "kill all the Italians unless they pull their troops out "

Listen Mullahs and supporters: YOU DON'T INTIMIDATE US. WE WILL STAY THERE

Last edited by stefania on Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kidnappings and terror financed by Mullahs through EU-Funds

Shame on EU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Down with the rag-heads,PIECES OF **** !!

stefania

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

Kidnappings and terror financed by Mullahs through EU-Funds

Shame on EU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Down with the rag-heads,PIECES OF **** !!

It was me.. I forgot to log in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: