[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The First Declaration of Human Rights By Cyrus The Great

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> The Greatest Liberator
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: The First Declaration of Human Rights By Cyrus The Great Reply with quote

The First Charter of the Rights of Nations
And
The First Declaration of Human Rights By Cyrus The Great

Inscribed on a clay cylinder in cuneiform discovered in 1879 by Hormoz Rasam in Babol and now
in The British Museum.
. .When my soldiers in great numbers peacefully entered Babylon... I did not allow anyone to terrorize the people...
I kept in view the needs of people and all its sanctuaries to promote their well-being... Freed all the slaves

I put an end to their misfortune and slavery (referred to 50,000 Jews and other religious minorities).

- Cyrus is admired as a liberator rather than a conqueror, because he respected the customs and religions of each part of his vast empire.
- The Cyrus Cylinder is from 2542 years ago; the start of Persian Calendar year can be based on this important significant document in the history of mankind which reminds us who we were and who we want to be.
- The Persian culture is the dedication to ethical and moral excellence which is based on three simple fundamental principles:
GOOD THOUGHTS, GOOD WORDS and GOOD DEEDS.
stefania

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great articles..i am loving more and more the persian culture..i am beginning to study it and study the persian language.. but.. what is the modern persian language i should to study ? i mean,what is the language the iranians speak today?do they speak ancient persian?
Great words...
The arabs prefer to say: Bad words,Bad thoughts,Bad actions = Stoning,lashing,hanging!

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
TheKian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 8:21 am    Post subject: Hey Stef - Reply with quote

Stefania - Iranians speak Farsi.. okay, many of the words they speak are from arabs... many are persian.. The persian words are more soft and beautiful - similar to french, since it's an indo-euro manifestation... The arabic words are harder and not as sweet sounding... But no, if you learn farsi - it's inevitable some of the words would be Arab..
Saman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say many persian words are from arabic. I'd say a few. I hope the future will purify our beatiful language. Clensing it from any foreign contamination.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
salinescape
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 10:33 pm    Post subject: Yah Reply with quote

Yah - "some" is right...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> The Greatest Liberator All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: