[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Activists gather in front of UN office in Tehran

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefania

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Activists gather in front of UN office in Tehran Reply with quote

Activists gather in front of UN office in Tehran

SMCCDI (Information Service)
Apr 25, 2004

http://www.daneshjoo.org/smccdinews/article/publish/article_4199.shtml#top

Several activists gathered, today, in front of the UN offices in Tehran in order to protest against the persistent repression and the illegal imprisonment of their relatives. The protest was announced days before by most Iranian media sources located abroad and gathered protesters from different layers of the Iranian society.

Slogans for end to repression, release of political prisoners, justice and free elections in order to determine the fate of Iran's future political system were shouted by the protesters.

The security forces stayed afar, during the action, by contenting to take pictures of the protesters but proceeded to some arrests at the end of the demo.

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
dick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Protestors at UN mission in Teheran Reply with quote

I can only assume that the other poster which is folded up is in some language other than English. Otherwise is this a true protest?

How many protested and were they all women?

Would hope that many protested so that we can get rid of the present Iranian government and free the Iranians as soon as possible.
9karevatan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like some kind of joke to me Sad

what is that like 12 ppl???

if this is our revolutionary protests then i think ill just surrender now....
why dont ppl talk advantage of that kind of environment....why isnt there any men...

much more organized string protests back in '78

we will see the big ones soon hopefully....
mikhanam
payande baadi IRANam!!!!!!!
Liberator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject: Shir-Zanan Reply with quote

I commend these brave women for voicing what 70 million other Iranians seemingly don't dare to voice!

People where are you when these women are slamming the core of this anti-Iranian regime! Where are you when the IRI thugs attack these innocent freedom-loving women! Shame on you! at least these women are doing SOMETHING!

Once again I thank these women for being brave enough to voice our peoples' voice!

www.anjomane-padeshahi.org
http://aryamehr11.blogspot.com/
666UK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This meeting was called upon by Mr. Tabarzadi group, and since majority inside Iran believe they are the NEW FACE OF REFORM and PART OF IRI INFRASTRUCTURE the student activists and others showed here that they do not care for any ALTERNATIVE WITHIN THE REGIME!

I guess that's why not many have showed up.

People of Iran have managed to finally open the 'reformists' hands for the world to see their illegitimacy and lies.
People will not support any alternative born from WITHIN the present system.
Mr. Tabarzadi maybe arrested and in prison right now, but he has been a part of IRI ever since the beginning, and people will not trust him as a leader. no way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: