[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cyrus the great movie!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> The Greatest Liberator
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reza

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: cyrus the great movie! Reply with quote

A new film about Cyrus the great is being developed by an independent film company. The films budget is going to be around 50 million english pounds and is the most expensive british film ever made. They are courting Sean connery to portray Cyrus and Angelina Jolie for his empress, although there is no historical info on her. Just as Firdawsi inspired the people of Persia to throw off their Arab oppressors by writing the Shanameh, so this film could also inspire and inflame the Irainian nationalism which has been struggling against the evil Mullahs! Very Happy
"When on the battlefield if you have the sole intention of breaking into the enemy lines, you will manifest martial valour. Furthermore if you are slain in battle you should be resolved to having your corpse facing the enemy" - Yamamoto tsunetomo
Liberty Now !

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: cyrus the great movie! Reply with quote

reza wrote:
A new film about Cyrus the great is being developed by an independent film company. The films budget is going to be around 50 million english pounds and is the most expensive british film ever made. They are courting Sean connery to portray Cyrus and Angelina Jolie for his empress, although there is no historical info on her. Just as Firdawsi inspired the people of Persia to throw off their Arab oppressors by writing the Shanameh, so this film could also inspire and inflame the Irainian nationalism which has been struggling against the evil Mullahs! Very Happy

Yes, so I've heard. Thanks Reza jan for mentioning it.
To be honest, soon as I heard the news, I'm thinking to myself: so what's the catch for Britania (Omol Ghoraa) Exclamation

I try to go back and forth in the pages of our history and find something good and decent, however little, done by the Brits for Iran. I find one page after another of occupation, stolen resources, suppression and misery. There is no telling how much the Brits have profited from my land and resources, but to this day I haven't seen the slightest sign of remorse or appreciation from them.

Frankly, I would much rather see the British Monarchy APPOLOGIZE for their Crimes against Iran.

Idea
Liberator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:00 am    Post subject: Cyrus the Great! Reply with quote

I hope this film will be able to portray a realistic picture of Iran's glorious past!

Sean Connery is a great actor, too bad there are no Persians who can take on this role though!

I wish them success in creating a historically correct movie on Iran's "founding father", Cyrus the Great!

www.anjomane-padeshahi.org
http://aryamehr11.blogspot.com/
reza

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes of course the dea of it being a "British film" does not appeal to me, there was an old iranian saying which I heard that was "If you trip over a pebble in the road, you can be sure the British put it there". This really does show the level of antipathy towards the British who are always seeming to stand in the way of Iranian progression, most notably with the ousting of Mossadegh. On the other hand I believe cyrus the great was the greatest man ever to have lived and thus I was ecstatic at the news of a well funded film about him.
"When on the battlefield if you have the sole intention of breaking into the enemy lines, you will manifest martial valour. Furthermore if you are slain in battle you should be resolved to having your corpse facing the enemy" - Yamamoto tsunetomo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> The Greatest Liberator All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: