[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adele Freedman, Iran Earthquake Survivor Out of Hospital

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EarthquakeSurvivor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Adele Freedman, Iran Earthquake Survivor Out of Hospital Reply with quote

Iran Earthquake Survivor Out of Hospital

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040109/ap_on_re_mi_ea/earthquake_survivor_3

By DEEPTI HAJELA, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK - Adele Freedman's darkest days were supposed to be behind her. At 39, she had survived cancer and was looking forward to better times with a man who had helped her get through the ordeal.

Now, she is recovering from a broken leg while mourning her fiance after they were caught in last month's earthquake in Iran that killed 30,000 people.

"This is probably the hardest thing I've ever been through in my life. And I thought I'd already been through that," Freedman said before leaving a New York hospital.

Freedman, a partner at a California law firm, had become engaged to fellow American Tobb Dell'Oro, 41, a market research firm owner, while they were vacationing in Iran.

On Dec. 26, the hotel where they were staying turned to rubble. Dell'Oro was the only American killed in the 6.6-magnitude earthquake in the ancient town of Bam.
Freedman, whose injuries included a crushed leg, was given medical care in Tehran before being sent home to the United States.

"I'm only here because of the kindness of the Iranian people," Freedman said at a hospital news conference.

Holding back tears, she added: "I've just lost my partner and the man I love and the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. So I don't feel lucky, even though I know I am very lucky."

After the quake, their tour guide and driver rushed to Bam and quickly organized a rescue party to dig them out.

Dell'Oro and Freedman were driven to the nearest hospital in Kerman, about 120 miles from Bam. Dell'Oro, whose body was crushed by the collapse, died en route. Freedman will continue her recovery at her parents' home on Long Island.

Dell'Oro was born and raised in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, where his father, a geologist, worked for an oil company. He spoke Arabic, and loved to travel in foreign countries and learn about different cultures.

"He had a real affinity for the Arab world," Freedman said.

She didn't know if she would ever be able to return to Iran.

"I know Tobb would want me to go back, but it would be very difficult," Freedman said.
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Adele Freedman, Iran Earthquake Survivor Out of Hospital Reply with quote

EarthquakeSurvivor wrote:

"I'm only here because of the kindness of the Iranian people," Freedman said at a hospital news conference.

After the quake, their tour guide and driver rushed to Bam and quickly organized a rescue party to dig them out.

Dell'Oro and Freedman were driven to the nearest hospital in Kerman, about 120 miles from Bam. Dell'Oro, whose body was crushed by the collapse, died en route.

These statements clearly indicates that the regime did not send rescue team to BAM in first 24 hours and only local people were helping each other. Why the regime did not allow big team of doctors from Tehran go to BAM two hours after earthquake. The criminal Clerical Regime is responsible for many 1000s Death in BAM, the day of justice for Clerics is near we will not forget BAM people and we can not forgive Clerics for crime against humanity.
visionary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: f Reply with quote

Perhaps this courageous survivor will grow into a defender of the Iranian people - now that she has seen our true kindness?
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: BAM Earthquake OR BAM Genocide By Mullahs ? Reply with quote

BAM Earthquake OR BAM Genocide By Mullahs ?

Facts Based on many reports from BAM:

- Professional trained Rescue teams were prevented to go to BAM by Islamic Clerical Regime in first 24 hours which is the most critical time for saving people of BAM.

- Rescuers, doctors, money, medicine, and food poured into Iran From over 70 countries and the Mullahcracy did not allow them to get to BAM by creating many obstacles and delay. Most of helps are stolen by Mullahs and their families.

- Italian Press criticise the regime harshly for its handling of the Bam disaster relief. Italian rescue workers and aid workers from 17 other countries tell the Italian Press that they have not been allowed to help or rescue anyone in Bam because of the chaos and mismanagement caused by the regime. The Aid workers say they are useless and they want to leave and they are disgusted by what the Islamic regime is doing in Bam. 12/30/03

- After 14 days out of 60,000 donnated tents only 4000 reached to BAM , the rest are stolen by Mullahs Mafia teams. Considering the fact that 75,000 people are homeless and children frozen to death at nights.

- Israelis well trained rescue teams were not allowed to go to BAM. They could have got to BAM within 2 hours.

- Many bodies put in mass graves without identifying the bodies.

- BAM Children were stolen from hospitals by regime officials to sell them in Gulf states Arab market. [Reported by callers to Sattelite TVs]

- "And listen to the cries of the Bam survivors as they ask why this had to happen, why no help arrived until long after the disaster struck, and why the mullahs preferred to see thousands of them die, rather than accept humanitarian assistance from the Jews. " [Michael Ledeen]

- No Mullahs leader (Iranian enemy occupying force) dared set foot in the disaster zone for four days, and then only when the army and assorted thugs could protect the mullahs against the rage of the locals visited the area for an hour.

- A day after an earthquake, go to the biggest airport in Iran at Mehrabad to see all the doctors, emergency and medical teams stuck waiting for hours as a result of the total incompetance of response management while hundreds desperately need their help. Reporters were paralysed as a result of paper chases with the dreaded Herasat officials and the airport Revolutionary Guard squads wasting time that could be spent reporting the breaking story. Young rescuers without any proper clothing were being sent to a freezing cold destination. Because of the regime's incompetance groups of young doctors from the Tehran Medical School, Shahid Pezeshki University, the Halal Ahmal Helpers, journalists and reporters spent endless hours sitting around holding their plane tickets waiting to leave while hundreds were dying for lack of rescuers and medical aid. (http://www.activistchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=760)

- According to the Baztab article, 12 hours passed before any help arrived! And many perished needlessly the first night in the -5 degree weather.

- The regime's official news didn't report the severity of the situation 9 hours after the calamity and attempted to minimse the full extent of the tragedy!

- The Regime's disaster management group didn't even meet till the end of the first day and didn't even manange to come up with a plan !

The following points are made by Famous International Journalist Mr. Amir Taheri
http://activistchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2229#2229

- By the early 1970s, the government had decided not to allow people to build new houses in Bam itself. The city's ancient monuments were declared part of the heritage of mankind under UNESCO and no new buildings permits were issued for almost six years.
The revolutionary turmoil of 1978-79 provided racketeers with an opportunity to seize large chunks of land in Bam and use it for poorly designed and badly constructed houses and shops. The racket was backed by a group of powerful mullahs who, in exchange for a cut in the proceeds, issued fatwas (religious opinions) that canceled government orders that banned house-building in the city.

- The mullahs claimed that the shah had wished to keep Bam empty because of a secret plan under which the city would be turned into a Zoroastrian center. They also dismissed warnings from the National Seismological Center in Tehran that opposed the repopulation of Bam. The mullahs claimed that the Hidden Imam would protect the new inhabitants of the city against all disasters.

-Thus, more than half of those who died in the earthquake could be regarded as victims of a racket ran by mullahs and their associates with the help of religious prejudice and superstition.

- Most Iranians knew nothing of the racket that the earthquake has exposed. The discovery that so many people died because cynical developers and bribe-taking mullahs sought a fast buck has sent a shock wave throughout the country.

- The earthquake has also revealed the abject poverty of parts of Iran. Bam and most of its satellite towns and village lacked the minimum infrastructure of urban and rural life in the 21st century. There were only 250 hospital beds and 31 doctors for a population of over 150,000. The region's one small airport could not take in even medium-sized aircraft bringing in relief. And when relief arrived, there were no vehicles and certainly no roads to carry them to those most in need.

- That level of poverty, often associated with sub-Saharan African states, comes as a shock when it is observed in an oil-rich country like Iran. A nation that has earned almost $500 billion in oil revenues alone in the past 25 years finds it hard to believe that some of its regions were as undeveloped as Burkina Faso.

For the above reasons, facts and many other facts that will be reported in near future may I suggest to change

"BAM Earthquake" to "BAM Genocide By Mullahs"

and try to refer to "BAM Earthquake" as "BAM Genocide By Mullahs" ?

Any Suggestions?

***************** For Research *******************

Crimes Against Humanity
By Distinguished Professor Omer Bartov studied at Oxford University
http://www.brownalumnimagazine.com/storydetail.cfm?ID=667

For Further Reading

Prosecuting War Crimes and Genocide: The Twentieth-Century Experience, by Howard Ball (University Press of Kansas, 1999)
How to Prevent Genocide: A Guide for Policymakers, Scholars, and Concerned Citizens, by John G. Heidenrich (Greenwood Publishing Group, 2001)

Genocide: Its Political Use in the 20th Century, by Leo Kuper (Yale University Press, 1982)

The Genocidal Mentality: Nazi Holocaust and Nuclear Threat, by Robert Jay Lifton and Eric Markusen (Basic Books, 1991)

Crimes Against Humanity: The Struggle for Global Justice, by Geoffrey Robertson (The New Press, 2000)

Death by Government: Genocide and Mass Murder Since 1900, by R.J. Rummel (Transaction Publishers, 1997)

Last edited by cyrus on Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
redemption

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: GOOD POINTS CYRUS! Reply with quote

Good points Dear Cyrus.
TeachESL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Publicize! Reply with quote

This page - and ESPECIALLY the information about the lack of action by the mullahs - MUST be sent to all the media. I have already sent it to some. Please, send it to everyone on your e-mailing lists and ask them to send it to their mailing lists plus the media!!
JIla Kashef

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: I am looking for Adele who is the survivor from BAM. Reply with quote

cyrus wrote:
EarthquakeSurvivor wrote:

Dell'Oro and Freedman were driven to the nearest hospital in Kerman, about 120 miles from Bam. Dell'Oro, whose body was crushed by the collapse, died en route.

These statements clearly indicates that the regime did not send rescue team to BAM in first 24 hours and only local people were helping each other. Why the regime did not allow big team of doctors from Tehran go to BAM two hours after earthquake. The criminal Clerical Regime is responsible for many 1000s Death in BAM, the day of justice for Clerics is near we will not forget BAM people and we can not forgive Clerics for crime against humanity.
Jilakashef@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Adele Freedman BAM Survivor Reply with quote

My name is Jila Kashef, I was in BAM and been back to Los Angeles, I have done a lot of work for children in BAM. I happend to meet Adele's tour guide in BAM and have some surprise for her. I really need to find Adele,

My info:
Jila Kashef
jilakashef@yahoo.com

Many thanks
Jila
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: