[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Biography of Mohammad Mossadeq, Iranian national hero
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faramarz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Biography of Mohammad Mossadeq, Iranian national hero Reply with quote

http://www.jebhemelli.org/Mosadegh/English-Mosadegh.htm

9karevatan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats what i call a hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Iranian Boy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not against Mossadeq. I think he had good intentions after all. But no one knows for certain if he would be able to stop Sovjet from invading our country and at the same time maintaining good relationship with USA.

However, there was a battle between Shah and Mosaddeq 50 years ago finally resulting in that the prime ministry post was removed. Mosaddeq was not jailed. The man who had once given him this post now decided not to have this post any more.

Today it is very childish to talk about if 28 mordad was "ghiyam" or "coodeta". It happended 50 years ago and today we should be focused on our future.
Faramarz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iranian boy

Its good to hear that you do not hate Mossadeq like some others do. This man did not deserve to be demonized like he was.

Quote:
I am not against Mossadeq. I think he had good intentions after all. But no one knows for certain if he would be able to stop Sovjet from invading our country and at the same time maintaining good relationship with USA.

I agree that the threat of a Soviet invasion was real. If the United States was so concerned with Iran falling to the Communists, then it should have supported Mossadeq's government. Why didn't they do this? Its simple. Mossadeq wanted to be friends with the US, but he wanted Iran to be independent. He wanted Iranians to control their own natural resources. The Americans and British wanted to control Iran and get cheap oil. They wanted a leader that would serve their interests. The Shah was that leader.

Quote:
However, there was a battle between Shah and Mosaddeq 50 years ago finally resulting in that the prime ministry post was removed. Mosaddeq was not jailed. The man who had once given him this post now decided not to have this post any more.

First, I should point out that it was the Majlis who elected Mossadeq into power. That means he was legitimate and a representative of the people's will. After the coup, Mossadeq was put on trial for treason. He was sentenced to 3 years in prison and then placed under house arrest until he died.

Quote:
Today it is very childish to talk about if 28 mordad was "ghiyam" or "coodeta". It happended 50 years ago and today we should be focused on our future.

I don't think it is childish to call it a coup d'etat. That's what it was. Are you suggesting that we forget about the past and focus only on the future? How are we supposed to learn from our mistakes? The fact is, Mossadeq's government was the only democratic and popular government in Iran's history. It is very likely that had his government not been overthrown, Iran would be a prosperous democracy today.
Iranian Boy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today Jebhe Melli should unite with Pahlavi to get rid of the islamic republic and then let the people decide in a referendum instead of all the time talking about Mosaddeq.

For 4 years Pahlavi has called for unity and JM still refuses. The only positive thing JM has done in the last 25 years is to boycott the coming elections.

What help does it give to people in Iran suffering the mullahs if we fight about the issue if 28 mordad was coodeta or ghiyam?

Learning from the history, of course we should. But I donīt share your opinion. The economic progress we had 1953-1978 could impossibly be better than it was. Also in all other fields we devoloped successfully.
In the late 1970:s Iran borrowed out nearly a billion dollars to England. Not strange Britain was jealous and wanted us down.

So if we should fight about who was best, Shahanshah Aryamehr or Mosaddeq we can surely write 100 further posts each coming nowhere.
28 mordad, a good day or a bad day, but it was 50 years ago. Out of interest.

It is time for Jebhe Melli to leave past and plan Iran:s future hand in hand with Prince Reza Pahlavi who has for 4 years called for unity. (I mean if there exist the very least patriotism in JM in which I strongly doubt)
9karevatan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reza pahlavi is nobody special......he is a person like everyone else......and even if iran wanted to be a monarchy again that doesnt mean it would be reza pahlavi
leila

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: reza Reply with quote

Reza Pahlavi is a good guy - I don't care what you say - he is helping to free Iran.. he is doing much more than Ayatollah Ebadi
9karevatan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i definitely agree there.......i never said he was bad.......i said he was human
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you guys ever read this article about Dr. Mossadegh?

http://www.jebhemelli.org/Mossadeg.htm

I remember there was someone in the daneshjoo discussion forum that pointed this out once. I saved the link. It was written during his time and it doesn't paint a very pretty picture of him. Plus I read another article that in the end Iran was forced to pay millions of dollars in damages to British government because of the oil contracts that were broken. This is besides the money that was lost due to British embargo on Iranian oil. Those oil contracts would have been up in less than 9 years. The oil would have been ours and we wouldn't have had to pay millions of dollars in penalties to the British government. There was no need to take Britain to Hague courts. I don't see the point of all that. I think this was a very bad choice on Dr. Mossadegh's part. I don't know why he did that when he knew that we would have been home-free in only nine years. This was one of the reasons that he disagreed with Razm Ara.
American Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to apologize for the US inappropriate interference in Iran's internal affairs back then. It is my understanding that the British pressured two US presidents to get them to co-operate. The first refused, the second succumbed to pressure.
stefania

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

American Visitor, Madeleine Albright already apologized -for 1953. Clinton did not apologize for his comrade Carter's role in the 1979 revolution.

I see Kerry as a threat to the Freedom Movement in Iran-He reminds Carter too much.

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Iranian Boy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
reza pahlavi is nobody special......he is a person like everyone else

He is the son of the greatest man Iran has ever had. He is loved by a whole nation except some unthankful people that doesnīt deserve better than the mullahs.

Quote:
and even if iran wanted to be a monarchy again that doesnt mean it would be reza pahlavi

Nobody else than Prince Reza Pahlavi will be Shah if Iranians cheoose monarchy in the referendum.
Faramarz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

American visitor

Quote:
I want to apologize for the US inappropriate interference in Iran's internal affairs back then. It is my understanding that the British pressured two US presidents to get them to co-operate. The first refused, the second succumbed to pressure.

Thank you for the apology. I personally do not blame the American people for what happened. It was the Eisenhower administration that decided to cooperate with the British in staging the coup. The American people should demand that their government apologize for what it did in Iran and in many other countries.

Azadeh

That Time magazine article was obviously doing whatever it could todiscredit Mossadeq. He had been demonized as a Communist extremist and extreme fanatic, none of which were not true.

Quote:
Those oil contracts would have been up in less than 9 years. The oil would have been ours and we wouldn't have had to pay millions of dollars in penalties to the British government. There was no need to take Britain to Hague courts. I don't see the point of all that. I think this was a very bad choice on Dr. Mossadegh's part.

When you say this, it appears as if you blame Iran for what happened. The oil belonged to us. We had every right to take what was ours. When we did nationalize our oil industry, the British imposed an economic embargo. The court at the Hague ruled that Iran was right and Britain was wrong.
Faramarz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iranian boy

Quote:
He is the son of the greatest man Iran has ever had. He is loved by a whole nation except some unthankful people that doesnīt deserve better than the mullahs.

The greatest man Iran ever had? Greater than Cyrus, Darius, Ardeshir, Firduasi, Khayyam, Nader Shah, Shah Abbas, Ismail, Mossadeq, Sattar Khan, Karim Khan Zand and a million others?

So because Reza Pahlavi is the son of the last Shah, there is something unique and special about him? What qualities does he have over other members of the opposition? He has not done anything for 25 years. Prior to September 11, most people never thought of him.

Quote:
Nobody else than Prince Reza Pahlavi will be Shah if Iranians cheoose monarchy in the referendum.

Monarchy in Iran is dead. It died 25 years ago. The Pahlavis are finished. Everyone other than a few monarchists know that. If a refrendum were held in Iran, I could not imagine the Iranian people voting for a restoration of the Monarchy. When the time comes for Iranians to choose, I am confident that they will vote for a secular, democratic Republic. I will do everything I can to make sure this happens.
9karevatan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faramarz wrote:
Iranian boy

Quote:

The greatest man Iran ever had? Greater than Cyrus, Darius, Ardeshir, Firduasi, Khayyam, Nader Shah, Shah Abbas, Ismail, Mossadeq, Sattar Khan, Karim Khan Zand and a million others?

So because Reza Pahlavi is the son of the last Shah, there is something unique and special about him? What qualities does he have over other members of the opposition? He has not done anything for 25 years. Prior to September 11, most people never thought of him.

Quote:

Monarchy in Iran is dead. It died 25 years ago. The Pahlavis are finished. Everyone other than a few monarchists know that. If a refrendum were held in Iran, I could not imagine the Iranian people voting for a restoration of the Monarchy. When the time comes for Iranians to choose, I am confident that they will vote for a secular, democratic Republic. I will do everything I can to make sure this happens.

faramarz is too good.....i agree with him 100% and i dont think iranian boy knows how the populatoin really think........saying that everyone supports a monarchy is insane......i can say that 2 out of ten ppl i talk to want a manarchy for iran........but as long as reza pahlavi is againt the mullahs hes fine.....i say that for ANYONE including ali javadi and maryam rajavi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: