[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BREAKING NEWS June 9th: Iranians Will Never Give Up!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Iranian Uprising 2004
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeachESL, we're all in the same boat. Check out Happy D's response to my earlier post ... that article explains everything.
redemption

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big media doesn't care about what's right or the Iranian people - they care about keeping the people uninformed, that's it.. When the uprisings get bigger maybe they will cover it!
blank

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Media is only interested in what brings them $$$ & hype...i.e. Martha Stewart, Jennifer Lopez, Ben Aflac, gay weddings etc......
They are not interested in showing the suffering of Iranian people or helping their cause. On the contrast, you have BBC and CNN & NY times that basically distort the truth to promote their own ideology.....
redemption

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Blank - I agree with you.. Although News about Iran would definitely earn money, at least one would think.. It's all about the Government though and anything there is planned, etc.. Also: you should setup an avatar for yourself.. with a name like <blank> you have to offset the anonymity a bit with an avatar Smile take care -
Rob..NC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..soon,but the events like those in Spain shows that the struggle is far from over.
sytrek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Iran and Syria Reply with quote

I have posted a collection of links regarding recent events in Iran and Syria here
http://eyeontheworld.typepad.com/home/2004/03/struggles_for_f.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: Iran and Syria Reply with quote

sytrek wrote:
I have posted a collection of links regarding recent events in Iran and Syria here
http://eyeontheworld.typepad.com/home/2004/03/struggles_for_f.html

Sytrek - great blog! You should join up with the BLOG-IRAN coalition of bloggers who support the Iranian people. Check out the page here!

- Take care
TeachESL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: CNN Complicity Reply with quote

Asher, I already know about CNN's complicity (out of fear) with Saddam's regime. At least Eason eventually came out and admitted it! But what are you saying here? That the same thing might be going on regarding Iran? You need proof for that.

And whoever posted (forgot who it was, sorry) the link to "eyeontheworld" - thanks! Another good blog to visit! May I also recommend www.asmallvictory.net - one I found recently. I will start sending her stuff on Iran. Right now the big topic, of course, is what happened in Spain and the elections (stupid people!!)

Are you people aware that the terrorists who did the pigua (attack) in Ashdod intended to do it next to where chemicals were being held? It's a miracle that it didn't happen. It was supposed to have been a mega-attack!!
asher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeachESL,

Fair enough. But in the case of Iraq, CNN's coverage has been disturbingly biased even since the fall of the regime - for example, the silence about the pro-democracy demonstrations on December 10 - and you cannot attribute this to fear of the ba'athists. Zeyad and the other Iraqi bloggers noticed this bias and found it appalling.

I'm not normally given to paranoia and conspiracy theories, but I am hard pressed to find a charitable explanation for the media's absolute silence on the Fereydunkenar rebellion. Particularly when CNN's homepage last night quoted the network's "terrorism expert" speaking solemnly about "the flow of ideas" behind terrorism - as if it represented some grand new idea sweeing the face of the globe.

And they couldn't find time to cover the unrest in Iran - but they had time to tell us about Martha f***ing Stewart? Give me a break.

I'm not willing to endorse Stefania's statements about the Palestinians, but I was aware of the mega-terror attack the terrorists had planned at Ashdod. (I follow http://www.debka.com/ religiously) It must be grueling to live on the knife edge like that. I do hope Israel continues to deal swiftly and decisively with terrorists, in spite of the howling from supposedly "post-nazi" europe. If it was up to me, arafat would have been taken out long ago.

All of which brings us back to Iran. As long as the mullahs are in power, they will do everything they can to thwart the efforts at peace. They will continue murdering innocent Israelis through their PA puppets. And that's another reason why the democracy movement in the Mideast must succeed. (And no, I must confess I don't understand why Debka hasn't been covering the event in Iran either. But I'm willing to bet their reasons are better than CNN's.) Let's hope the Iranians have some real nice surprises in store for the mullahs this Wednesday on their traditional holiday.
redemption

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asher: Is it just me or do you feel as though to top guns have been real quiet for the past few weeks.. (regarding Iran) President Bush has been quiet.. the administration has been pretty quiet..Michael Ledeen hasn't come out with anything lately - perhaps something major is brewing.. Anyhow... lets hope for the best.. I also agree with you about CNN but this also goes for many other media outlets, maybe more for sum and less for others - but it's not only CNN, although CNN does but an intenresting twist into their "reporting" Wink
asher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the great minds at CNN:

"WASHINGTON (CNN) -- It is possible the U.S.-led war on terror has created new enemies of Western governments and societies by splintering al Qaeda, according to counterterrorism experts.

Some U.S. government officials go so far as to say that even if Islamic fundamentalists are eventually found responsible for the train bombings in Spain last week, the effort to identify one particular group may be futile.

"This is not like the Gambino crime family, a Mafia family, where if you just arrest the leaders it goes out of business," said Peter Bergen, a CNN terrorism expert and author of "Holy War, Inc.: Inside the Secret World of Osama bin Laden."

"This is more like a mass movement, and you can arrest as many people as you want. But it's very hard to arrest the movement of ideas." "

Got it? Fighting terrorism only creates more terrorists ... so really, why bother? After all, we're dealing with a "mass movement" here.

Anyway, I've been noticing the "hit counter" for this thread ... this is awesome! I'm glad we've got so many people reading. People, thanks! Help spread the word.
asher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redemption, I hope you're right!
Very Happy

"It's awful quiet 'round here ... TOO quiet ..........."
asher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Israel and Iran (and this sense of eerie calm!), check out this JTA article posted on Iran va Jahan:

http://www.iranvajahan.net/cgi-bin/news.pl?l=en&y=2004&m=03&d=16&a=1

"Israel Urges West to Keep Up Pressure on Iran

March 15, 2004
JTA News
Leslie Susser

JERUSALEM -- When Iran declared late last year that it was suspending development of programs that could produce nuclear weapons, skeptical Israeli officials eyed the move suspiciously.

Now, they say, Teheran’s mid-March postponement of international inspection of its nuclear plants confirms the suspicions that the Iranians simply are playing for time.

For Israel, the Iranian enigma is not academic: Israel’s cities are within range of Iran’s Shihab 3 missile, which is believed to be capable of delivering a nuclear payload.

The latest Iranian move, therefore, poses key questions for the Jewish state: What does Israel do if Iran continues developing nuclear weapons under a stop-start facade of cooperation with the international community? How does it go about independently verifying Iranian programs? How does it keep up international pressure on Iran without seeming to be pushing toward confrontation? ... "
American Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most of the Europeans are raising the white flag.

The American "intellectuals" such as Kerry, the Kenneys and the New York time are also calling for a return to the old police action type of work like we had under Clinton when Al Queda was training thousands of terrorists a year. They are actually wishing for the days when Al Queda was intact so there would be a leader they could try to negotiate with for their surrender.

For guys like Kerry, Vietnam is their model. The US just abandons it's commitments, accepts defeat, agrees we are in the wrong and all is wonderful. For the people who have had to live under the Vietcong, life was terrible of course. Those boat people who risked dying, suffered severe hunger and thirst and were subject to attacks by pirates were just not worth caring about. Of course if you have relatives who went through these experiences you know just how bad things really were.

I think many Americans liberals have decided living under a Muslim majority is inevitable and they are trying to negotiate the best terms for themselves they can. Many of them believe Christians, particularly Protestants are the source of all evil and think Islam would be a far better alternative if less intellectual people really do have to worship God. What they don't realize or are deliberately ignoring is the terms of surrender were set by Muhammid along ago and any negotiations are futile. The only option is to become a slave of Allah and forget these foolish dreams of freedom and democracy forever.
roland

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: wonderful Reply with quote

This sounds very trite, BUT GOOD FOR YOU GUYS!!! Take it to the streets. No terrorism, no killing innocents, just throttle the sons 'a bitches that have been making live miserable while making their own pockets fat. GO GO GO GO! My prayers are with you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Iranian Uprising 2004 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: