[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iran Approves Spending $1.56M To Thwart US 'Plots'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefania

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: Iran Approves Spending $1.56M To Thwart US 'Plots' Reply with quote

Iran Approves Spending $1.56M To Thwart US 'Plots'

February 28, 2004
Dow Jones Newswires
The Associated Press

http://www.iranvajahan.net/cgi-bin/news.pl?l=en&y=2004&m=02&d=28&a=13

TEHRAN -- Iran's legislature Saturday approved $1.56 million in spending to thwart "plots and act of interference" by the U.S. in Iran's internal affairs, state-run media reported.

This year's annual expenditure marked a slight increase over last year's $1.5 million.

The money will be used to "unveil and nullify U.S. plots and its acts of interference in Iran's internal affairs," state-run radio said. It will also be utilized to file lawsuits against the U.S. at the International Court of Justice at The Hague and to "enlighten domestic and world public opinion on U.S cultural invasion."

Iran approves such a budget every year. The official Islamic Republic News Agency said this year's bill was in response to the Iran Democracy Act, passed last year by the U.S. Congress. That act was designed to release government money to help expand pro-democracy broadcasting into Iran and make it U.S. policy to work for an internationally monitored referendum in Iran to bring about peaceful change in government.

Last summer, Iran experienced four days of unrest by students in major cities. Iranian officials said the protests were orchestrated by the U.S. and denounced what they said was Washington's interference in Tehran's internal affairs. Iran's has accused U.S.-based satellite stations of stoking unrest by providing unfiltered information into the country.

The U.S. hasn't had diplomatic relations with Iran since fundamentalists triumphed in a revolution in 1979 and took over the U.S. Embassy in Tehran. In 2002, U.S. President George W. Bush named Iran together with Iraq and North Korea as an "axis of evil."

I support the decision by the US to not accept the International Criminal Court,today dominated and controlled by dictators and terrorist regimes.

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Faramarz agree with them ! Laughing

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: