[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

revolution vs invasion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerravon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: revolution vs invasion Reply with quote

I have seen multiple Iranians make a comment about "We don't need USA to invade, we can start a revolution ourselves".

Well, after 25 years of suffering, incredible suffering, young girls being raped prior to execution etc, I am curious as to why anyone would prefer to wait and wait and wait for a bloody revolution (you can see the blood every day right now), rather than opt for a more clinical invasion.

Presumably no-one here believes the rubbish about America deliberately targetting civilians etc. And given that the country is presumably ready to turn at the first opportunity, it should be over very quickly.

Personally, if I was Iranian, I wouldn't want to be responsible for the virgins being raped by Mullahs because I had a fairy-tale bloody revolution in mind to tell my grandchildren about. I'd call the already-liberated countries of the world to come in the moment they are free. Most revolutions fail. The US's revolution required external help. It's too much to ask of people.

I'm from Australia by the way, and I fully expect our troops to be deployed in this effort, as they were in Iraq. I would expect the Iranians to help me if the situation were reversed, and I would consider failure to come to my assistance to be gross selfishness, the likes of which we haven't seen since, well, Switzerland, Non-aligned Movement, etc etc.
redemption

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Hi there:

I think that the use of force in defense of the Iranian people must be an option that is on the table, clearly. However, I won't go so far as to say that the military avenue should be the primary option or even one of the top 3 options. Of course, you threaten, belittle and weaken a regime through massive deployments of force, but you acknowledge to the world and to the Iranian people that these armies are to defend you in case you need it. The United States and other Western nations need to fully support the Iranian people through strong speeches, harsh condemnation of the regime - and demand that a fair and free referendum that is monitored by international institutions be held so that the Iranian people can democratically and civilly remove the regime from power. Of course the Rafsanjani and Khamenei types will never agree to such a thing and won't simply walk away. This means removal by force - hopefully by the people and the changing sides of the revolutionary guard. If the army turns to the side of the people, the regime is FUCKED, and the regime knows this, that is why they keep their army very scared and also outsource Arabs from surrounding countries to provide for a non-Iranian mercenary/vigilante force that has no loyalty except to $. It will be very interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks and months.

9karevata

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to say that 25 years of nothing is wrong.........one must look at the circmstansces of those 25 years.......iranians have just now started to go agianst the regime as a whole..........in the past 25 years.............we had 8 years of war......and 7 years wasted on khatami.........plus many of our youth died in the war and after the revolution..........now finally after 25 years we are ready because 75% of the population is under the age of 30 and we are ready to roll..........i suggest u just wait and see my friend
Faramarz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Iranian people will overthrow the Islamic Republic without any foreign help. The US and other countries should allow the people of Iran to determine what form of government they want. If the US invades Iran, tens of thousands of Iranians will die. The country will be destroyed. We will lose our independence. Iranians are very nationalistic. They would never allow America to invade their country. The US should leave the people of Iran alone. This is our fight for democracy, no one else's.
9karevatan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faramarz wrote:
The Iranian people will overthrow the Islamic Republic without any foreign help. The US and other countries should allow the people of Iran to determine what form of government they want. If the US invades Iran, tens of thousands of Iranians will die. The country will be destroyed. We will lose our independence. Iranians are very nationalistic. They would never allow America to invade their country. The US should leave the people of Iran alone. This is our fight for democracy, no one else's.

yes definitely Very Happy
mikhanam
payande baadi IRANam!!!!!!!
Saman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faramarz wrote:

But we still need foreign (mainly US) support. And by that I mean moral support. The freedom fighters in Iran have clearly stated that on numerous occaisions.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
9karevatan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moral suport is fine
mikhanam
payande baadi IRANam!!!!!!!
Faramarz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But we still need foreign (mainly US) support. And by that I mean moral support. The freedom fighters in Iran have clearly stated that on numerous occaisions.

Of course there is nothing wrong with moral support. I think all the governments in the world should condemn the mullahs. Other countries should stop doing business with the regime. The international community should condemn the regime's human rights violations. The Iranian people, not foreign powers, will determine the future of Iran.
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear, i heard many iranians ,my friends, from Iran that say that many students wish the Marines to go to help them..

Seeing the statue of Saddam falling, they shout "Now please come here !"

No need for military intervention in Iran, but from what i see and hear, people there are pro-American and if Marines would go there, they would welcome them as heroes.

This is what some told me.

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
kerravon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faramarz wrote:

1. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who opposes the liberating forces, is the same sort of nutcase who crashes airliners into buildings. The opportunity to rid Iran of a few thousand nutcases will be of great benefit to both the non-nutcase Iranians, and the western democracies.

2. Even if non-nutcase Iranians would prefer to live under dictatorship dreaming about glorious and bloody revolution, if a country poses an external threat, which they do, then that's just too damn bad. The western forces are going in regardless, at least if I have anything to do with it.

3. If you think a US military campaign will "destroy" the country, you've been reading too much anti-American propaganda.

4. If you think the US will install some sort of US puppet that means Iran loses its independence, you've also been reading too much anti-American propaganda.

5. As for "never allow", I think you seriously underestimate western military might. If you could get the entire Europe to go into Iran on the side of the Mullahs, you *might* at least make it a contest. I can assure you that the Europeans have no intention of dying to keep some Mullahs in power. They may make some snide remarks. Snide remarks don't win wars.

6. As for it being no-one else's business. Quite frankly, unless you can get testimonies from all the raped girls saying that they consider it right and proper that absent of a glorious revolution, they would rather be raped than have a single Kafir enter their country, I'd rather be on the side of the raped girls who would rather be saved, genuinely saved, than be on the side of the people who insist on a false choice between glorious revolution or continuing atrocities against girls. Any day of the week.

Let's roll. Tell your countrymen to feel free to be "martyred" under an M1A1. Iran will be better off for it, and the "martyrs" will get their 72 virgins in the sky. It's a win-win situation.
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dear, forget about faramarz.. he is alone in thinking like that-

The Iranian People are the MOST and the ONLY Pro-American People in the region.

They would not oppose a US military operation..
They dont!!

Believe me !!

The problem here is that as Michael Leden says, in Iran there is the Iranian People which is about to overthrow the regime.

But you did not hear the slogans by the Iranian People during the demonstrations?

"After Kabul and Baghdad, please come to save us!"

As i said, my friends told me that people asks themselves why don't the americans send some Marines to be freed.

Dear, the opinions of some few Iranians against an "invasion" comes from people living outside the country since a lot of years.

It's almost impossible to find one only anti-regime Iranian in Iran which calls it "invasion"

And also outside Iran, as this site itself proves it, the Iranians in their majority are STRONGLY PRO-AMERICAN AND EVEN PRO-ISRAEL

THE IRANIANS WERE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHICH AFTER SEPT 11TH TOOK THE STREETS ( FACING THE REGIME'S POLICE FORCES' ANGER) TO DEMONSTRATE THEIR SOLIDARITY TO AMERICA

AND EVERY YEAR ON THAT DAY THEY REMEMBERS THE VICTIMS OF THOSE ATTACKS

DEAR, PLEASE DON'T CONSIDER THE IRANIANS TERRORISTS ONLY FOR SOME STUPID'S WORDS

AMERICA SHOULD FOCUS MORE ON THE GREAT PRO-US IRANIAN PEOPLE AND AVOID TO LOOSE THIS GREAT OCCASION

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR, I ADVISE YOU TO VISIT THE MESSAGE BOARD OF WWW.DANESHJOO.ORG

SOME IRANIANS FROM IRAN WROTE THOSE VERY PRO-AMERICAN MESSAGE:

Dear Mr. President of USA
Thank you for your Speech yesterday concerning the Iranian election.
You are right it was not an election it was only Cheap show from this terrorist regime of IR-IRAN
Those Mullah should go. Mullah is no Good.
VAHID Iran

VAHID from , IRAN

God Blass Koorosh the Greatest King of Kings.
God Blass Reza Shah the Greatest
God Blass Shahan Shah of IRANZAMIN
Long live IRANZAMIN people and
AUHRA – MAZDA of IRANZAMIN.

Long live Farah Pahlavi IRANZAMIN MANDANA
Long live Reza Shah II and His Dynasty

I would like to say Death to Mullahs, but in Democracy
We do not use this word .
So, NOT Long live to Mullahs Terrorist Regime of Iran.

Mardome IRANI harkat Chegadr montazer hastid
AUHRA – MAZDA Goft;
Harket az to barkat az man.
So move the time is right .
Move and Move
No body want Haji
We want Engineer, Phd, Prof, and and

We want no Atomic Bomb
Our Bomb is our love our peace our
Tolerance for other race and religion.

MEHRAN university of GOMM

MEHRAN from , GOMM university

NO Mullah IS Good
Right or left , all are Bulls sheet.
All Mullahs are absolute over Dirty
Over Shapesho and and………
……….

Is No different between K and K and K and R.
All are he same sheet.
As the same as Taliban.

Only Democracy is GOOD
That s All

KAVEH Amir kabir university of Iran

KAVEH Student from from , Amir kabir university of Iran

A Massage from GOM University
to IRANI ,
Long live IRANZAMIN.
Long live Iranian people in IRAN.
Which given a kick at Mullah Ass.
Long live those kickers.

Down to this Taliban
Regime of IR-IRAN.
Long live Iranian people in IRAN.

Long live all anti Mullah Operation in or out of Iran.
No matter who they are?
Even ...or… should help IRANI.

The main Issue is they are Anti Mullah.
Long live anti Mullah Regime.
Long live all Media as,
Channel one TV
AZADI TV
Pars TV

Long live Pahlavi Dynasty
God Blass Shahan Shah
Gos Blass Reza Shah

Get out of Iran you Dirty Mullah.

JAVAD Student University of GOM in IRAN

JAVAD Student of GOM UNI from , GOM University of IRAN

People of IRANZAMIN Damet Garm.
Super People of IRANZAMIN,
what you have done today.
You give a smack to this Arabs.
The Free Iran is already started
For getting the Free from this
Terrorist and barbaric regime.

This Monkey Revolution on 1979/78
Which the Mullah got the power.
It took 25 years until the People knows
What a Sheet they are.

Damet Garm / Afarin People of IRANZAMIN Keep going
To show those Mullah if they stay they go to
IRANZAMIN Court.

Damet Garm Channel one TV
Also Mr. Sharam Humayon and his Team
You done a very good job until now.
Keep going we in and out Iran support you guys

NO MULLAH IS GOOD
JAVID Democracy of IRAN

KAVEH IRAN

KAVEH IRAN from , IRANZAMIN

First of all,
NO Election all for this Terrorist Regime.
Down to this Terrorist and Barbaric regime of IR-IRAN
It is one way ticket for those Mullah,
Right or left Mullah is no Good.

Which killing and killed the IRANZAMIN People since
It is a Sham.
I love Multi Cultic and we are in IRANZAMIN Multi cultic
over 4000 Years as ;
We are
Jewish
ZARDOOSHT
Christ
Baha ei
Hindu
Buddhist

Those was the People of Koorosh the Greatest.
I love Jewish, I love Bahaei and Zardoosht
too, even I am an Christ.

All those terrorist Mullahs should go and they will go.
No longer on the Earth Democracy could stand any more.
Yes t the same time I supported and will support the King of the king of IRAN.
Also :
Long live the SHAHSHAN NAME God Blass him
Long live the Father of SHAHANSHAN
Name Reza Shan God Blass him too

Long live Highness Farah Pahlavi our Queen of IRANZAMIN
Long live Highness Reza Shah II which should and he would
bring the real Democracy to Iran.

Also let the those Mullahs be in the IRAN we will,
talk to them ,we can not push the Democracy
in the mind of IRAN People.
Because when they still say ISLAM is the Best Religion of world.
And they do SinnahZANI and those nonsense thing, which does not
Match with 21 centre(time of Intergalactic trips).
The People of IRAN they come to this point soon or later.

We never was Muslim, we are and will be ZARDOOSHT.
This is the History of IRANZAMIN before the ISLUM.
INVASION of wild Arabs to the IRANZAMIN.
It is a Sham. Yes I crying about our dilemma it is very pour.
But I respect the Muslim people, this is there private
Issues not public

Who ever write in this page should also write in English
Or in FARSI. Not in Swedish or Chins or German or Spanish

Long live Mr. President of USA GW Bush
Long live all IRANIAN of IRANZAMIN.

Freedom of speech , Freedom of religion , freedom of race
NO MULLAH IS GOOD

ARASH KHAN

Arash student of IRANZAMIN from , KINGDOM OF IRANZAMIN

kerravon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefania, sorry if I was not clear. I was not suggesting that Iranians were terrorists, far from it. As far as I'm concerned, they are allies who are being held hostage. We should be very careful when we free them. Whenever you free hostages, the goal is to kill the terrorists without killing any hostages. That is what we should do in Iran, and that is what we already did in Iraq.

I have no sympathy for hostages that choose to join the terrorists rather than allowing fellow-hostages to be rescued by Kafirs.

There are a multitude of military options that could be tried. E.g. simply declaring war, and then asking the Iranian military to defect, and specify that anyone who defects will be protected with air cover. Doing that may mean that the western forces never even enter the country, which would be GREAT.

But, some of these great ideas don't actually work, and you have to immediately start slugging it out. The Iraqi forces didn't defect. 80% of them went home, leaving 20% hardcore to slug it out. The same may happen with Iran.

It would not suprise me if 80% support for the Ayatollah 25 years ago has now changed to 20% support today. The 20% need to be fought, if the 80% stay home instead of defecting, as happened in Iraq.

I can tell you that if I were an Iranian, and the US forces were slugging it out with the 20%, I personally would stay at home. The western forces are completely capable of doing the job, they are well-armed professionals. I would not get out of my home and throw rocks at the 20%, if they were armed. If they had no weapons like me, then I would be happy to join in. But I would never engage in pointless suicide. Better to let the 20% nutcases engage in pointless suicide against western forces, which is exactly what they would be doing.

I notice that a lot of Iranians who don't live in Iran and thus at no risk whatsoever are very "brave". I am not so "brave". I am smart enough to recognize an unequal contest though. If that makes me a coward, I don't care. As they say, winners are grinners.

By the way, I would have switched my light off 9-9:30 on Thursdays. It is quite worrying that I haven't heard anything more about that. I hope it doesn't mean that our forces need to slug it out with much more than 20% of the population. If the Iranians had taken up this course of action, it could provide an example for other countries to be liberated. That could be the calling card for all people who would welcome liberation so we can gauge how big the job is.
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear, as Michael Ledeen says always, in Iran there is no need for a military intervention..

Hey, i am not an Iranian.

But i supported the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and i would still support them.

But there the situation was different.

In iran the regime is falling down day by day..

In Poland, and other communist countries, people did a peaceful revolution and brought down those regimes thanks to Reagan's moral support ( and most thanks to the Radio stations, Free Europe,etc..)

There are some cases where war is necessary (afghanistan and iraq) and where it is not necessary ( Iran)

I am not saying that it is not just. i am saying that it's not necessary.

President Bush himself says and repeats this many times.

and the greats Michael Ledeen, David Frum and Richard Perle also say this.

Look at Georgia.

They did a velvet non-violent revolution and brought down their dictator.

I think that the only necessary thing to do now in Iran is SUPPORT 100% THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS, WHICH ARE OVERWEHELMING PRO-US , WITH MONEY, ANTI-CENSORHIP PROGRAMS,ETC..

BELIEVE ME, THE IRANIANS FROM INSIDE IRAN ARE CALLING FOR US MARINES TO LIBERATE THEM OR HELP THEM TO DO SO.

BUT FOR ME THIS IS NOT NECESSARY.

SURELY,IF THE MARINES WENT TO IRAN ,THEY WOULD BE WELCOMED AS LIBERATORS.

BUT I REPEAT, AS MICHAEL LEDEEN ,SAYS, FOCUS YOUR POLICY ON THE IRANIAN FREEDOM FIGHTERS.

DEAR, THE NEW GENERATION IN IRAN IS NOT THAT PRIOR TO 1979.

IT'S THE NEW GENERATION OF THOSE BORN AFTER THE 1979 TRAGEDY, THE 70% THAT ARE UNDER THE 30 YEARS OLD.

WELL, THESE ARE YOUNG GIRLS AND GUYS LIVED 25 YEARS UNDER THIS REGIME...

THERE IS NO SURPRISE TO HEAR IRANIANS IN IRAN TO SPEAK OUT AGAINST THE "ARAB INVADERS" MANY TIMES EVEN AGAINST ISLAM AND AGAINST THE PALESTINIANS (THEY DON'T HAVE SYMPATHY FOR THE PALESTINIAN CAUSE ).

BELIEVE ME , RIGHT NOW I AM CHATTING WITH AN IRANIAN GUY FROM IRAN AND HE SAYS THAT PEOPLE IS DESPERATE TO LET THE WORLD TO KNOW WHICH THEY THINK 100% DIFFERENTLY FROM THEIR LEADERS.

HE SAYS "HOW CAN WE MAKE OUR THOUGHTS HEARD?"

DEAR, IT'S SURSPRISING THAT AMONG THE MANY IRANIANS I TALK TO EVERY DAY, NO ONE... NO ONE SAYS THINGS DIFFERENT FROM WHAT I WROTE ABOVE.

DEAR, I REALLY DON'T HAVE ANY PREFERENCE FOR ANYONE AMONG THE IRANIAN POLITICAL GROUPS..BUT I CAN'T DENY THE FACT THAT MANY IRANIANS I TALK TO WISH AS THEIR LEADER REZA PAHLAVI II.

THIS IS WHAT THEY SAY.

ONCE ,ONE GUY ASKED ME : "DO YOU SUPPORT THE GREAT REZA PAHLAVI II?" I ANSWERED : "FOR ME, EVERY POLITICAL OPPOSITION GROUP WHICH WANTS SECULARISM AND DEMOCRACY IS GOOD.I SUPPORT THEM ALL" HE TOLD ME WITH ANGER: "MAYBE YOU DON'T KNOW SOME PEOPLE"

I DID NOT ANSWERED, I HAD NO COMMENTS.

kerravon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefania, please don't misunderstand me. I wasn't implying you were one of the "brave" Iranians calling for their countrymen to essentially suicide, or even that you were Iranian (as you say, you're not).

Secondly, I don't care what Michael Leeden says. All the great philosophers of the world used to think the world was flat too. It doesn't affect reality how many names you can quote. My analysis stands.

Next, on the subject of the peaceful Polish revolution. I'm not sure what you're talking about there. Solidarity was crushed when the army was told to crush them. Power was given up by an interesting sequence of events, none of which were revolution. And even if it was, which it wasn't, you can't compare two countries in such a simple manner. That's why the left wing gets it so wrong, comparing Afghanistan to Vietnam, or comparing the American invasion with the Russian one. Each situation needs to be analysed independently.

In the case of Iran, they have skilfully structured their forces such that sufficient number are willing to open fire on citizens. The Georgian revolution succeeded because the army refused to obey these orders. Saddam had successfully structured his forces too. If the Georgian leader had been more brutal, like Stalin (another Georgian) was, then most likely he would have been successful too. You can achieve a lot if you don't care one whit about your own people.

Next, your Iranian friend is asking you how to make his thoughts heard. Well, we've already heard them. We already know that "revolutionary zeal" has a very limited lifespan, before "standard of living" and "human rights" become far more worthy goals. We know he wants to be free. Stop asking how to tell us, we already know! The most powerful figure in the free world called his dictators part of the "Axis of Evil". What more does he want? A signed autograph from god? He is welcome to suicide against his Arab masters any time he wants. Getting something that actually works, like US Marines, will take a bit longer, but I hope that the wheels are in motion as we speak.

Also, don't get me wrong, I'd *love* an Iranian revolution. It really would be wonderful, and it would save us a lot of money, it would mean our soldiers don't have to die, and it would also avoid repercussions (ie whatever damage Iran can do to Israel or Iraq). But at the end of the day, I'm not going to defer to starry-eyed ideals of revolution. Nor would I ask others to suicide on my behalf. I'd rather pay the once-off cost of liberation and get it over with.

You have at least 9 months to pull off a revolution if that is your dream. It is not an action I would personally recommend, as there is no guarantee that it will be successful, but there is a guarantee of repercussions on failure. What I would advise is to sit tight. The Mullahs did exactly the right thing by putting the hardliners back in power. This shuts the Europeans up for a nice change. The clandestine work on nukes and lying about it was absolutely wonderful. They've given us a legal reason to invade. Oh, and the support of terrorism. Couldn't live without it! Thanks Mullahs! But don't bother raping any more girls, we don't need that as an excuse, because most of the members of the UN consider gross human rights violations to be "internal affairs". So thanks for giving us an "external" excuse. Honestly, I couldn't have asked for a more accomodating bunch of cut-throats!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: