[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time is Running Out Where Is The Real Support?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Time is Running Out Where Is The Real Support? Reply with quote

Click Here: To Get Breaking News Alerts (All Iran-Related) In Your Mailbox
Time is Running Out: Where Is The Real Support for a Free Iran from the Bush Administration?

1) "And secondly, I appreciate those courageous souls who speak out for freedom in Iran. They need to know America stands squarely by their side. And I would urge the Iranian administration to treat them with the utmost of respect. "

2) President Bush Praises Iranian Pro-Democracy Protestors KENNEBUNKPORT, Maine (Reuters) - President Bush on Sunday praised pro-democracy demonstrators in Iran, calling their protests a positive step toward freedom.
"This is the beginning of people expressing themselves toward a free Iran which I think is positive," President Bush said.

"I think that freedom is a powerful incentive,"
Bush told reporters after he attended church services during a weekend visit to Kennebunkport. "I believe that some day freedom will prevail everywhere because freedom is a powerful drive."

3) Remarks by National Security Advisor Dr. Condoleezza Rice at Town Hall Los Angeles June 12, 2003
"And so for the United States we have to stand with the aspirations of the Iranian people, which have been clearly expressed."

4) Remarks by the President Bush May 9, 2003 "And in Iran, the desire for freedom is stirring. In the face of harsh repression, Iranians are courageously speaking out for democracy and the rule of law and human rights. And the United States strongly supports their aspirations for freedom. "(Applause.)

5) President Bush State of the Union January 28, 2003 "Different threats require different strategies. In Iran, we continue to see a government that represses its people, pursues weapons of mass destruction, and supports terror. We also see Iranian citizens risking intimidation and death as they speak out for liberty and human rights and democracy. Iranians, like all people, have a right to choose their own government and determine their own destiny -- and the United States supports their aspirations to live in freedom. "(Applause.)

"The regime in Tehran must heed the democratic demands of the Iranian people or lose its last claim to legitimacy,"

Reuters - World News
Nov 6, 2003

WASHINGTON - U.S. President George W. Bush on Thursday challenged Iran and Syria and even key U.S. ally Egypt to adopt democracy and broke with past U.S. policy by vowing Washington will not support Arab states that reject liberty.

"The regime in Tehran must heed the democratic demands of the Iranian people or lose its last claim to legitimacy," Bush said in a sweeping foreign policy speech. He said Syrian leaders as well as those ousted in Iraq had promised a restoration of ancient glories but instead left "a legacy of torture, oppression, misery and ruin."

Of Egypt, whose president, Hosni Mubarak, has been a vital Middle East interlocutor for successive U.S. presidents, Bush said: "The great and proud nation of Egypt has shown the way toward peace in the Middle East and now should show the way toward democracy in the Middle East."

The speech was Bush's latest attempt to justify the war in Iraq as necessary to foster democracy in the region at a time when he is under fire for mounting U.S. troop casualties and as anti-Americanism spreads among many Muslims who feel Islam is under attack.

Bush declared a failure of past U.S. policy spanning 60 years in support of governments not devoted to political freedom.

"Sixty years of Western nations excusing and accommodating the lack of freedom in the Middle East did nothing to make us safe, because in the long run stability cannot be purchased at the expense of liberty," Bush said.

He called for democracy throughout the Middle East, praising the tentative steps that are taking places in such nations as Morocco, Bahrain, Kuwait and even Saudi Arabia, whose royal family is firmly in command.

"Are the peoples of the Middle East somehow beyond the reach of liberty? Are millions of men and women and children condemned by history or culture to live in despotism? Are they alone never to know freedom and never even have a choice in the matter? I, for one, do not believe it," Bush said.

Statement by the President

February 24, 2004
The White House
President Gerge W. Bush

I am very disappointed in the recently disputed parliamentary elections in Iran. The disqualification of some 2,400 candidates by the unelected Guardian Council deprived many Iranians of the opportunity to freely choose their representatives. I join many in Iran and around the world in condemning the Iranian regime's efforts to stifle freedom of speech -- including the closing of two leading reformist newspapers -- in the run-up to the election. Such measures undermine the rule of law and are clear attempts to deny the Iranian people's desire to freely choose their leaders.

The United States supports the Iranian people's aspirations to live in freedom, enjoy their God-given rights, and determine their own destiny.

Statement by the President
March 03, 2004
The White House
Office of the Press Secretary

"Our future also depends on America's leadership in this world. The momentum of freedom in our time is strong, but we still face serious dangers. Al Qaeda is wounded, but not broken. Terrorists are testing our will in Afghanistan and Iraq. Regimes of North Korea and Iran are challenging the peace. If America shows weakness and uncertainty in this decade, the world will drift toward tragedy. This will not happen on my watch."
http://activistchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1548

Last edited by cyrus on Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fereshteh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

My only prayer is that there is some big plan to help our Iranian brothers and sisters against such a tyrannical regime, but what I have seen so far is just words with very little action backing them up. Surely, if America cannot help the Iranian people in their struggle to be free and tear down the Islamic Dictatorship - then the "War On Terror" will certainly be lost and the struggle would have been in vain.. Where is the support? Why do we just hear talk talk talk - is anybody listening? Bush can be the greatest ever if he just supports the Iranian people and helps them overthrow the Mullahs..!

Faster Please!
Samuel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: for the.. Reply with quote

For the War On Terror to be a success, the regime in Iran must go - if it does not then what progress can Bush point to in the re-election..? Libya? Come on, everyone knows Libya wasn't a major threat and was used as some icing on the cake to help image of Admin. Perhaps the Administration doesn't know how to deal with the Mullahs - or has their hands tied by other Nations? That would seriously be weak - anyhow, People won't settle for mere speaches by Bush much longer.. I think people are looking for action.. where is the progress when more and more AMerican soldiers are dieing and THE REGIME IS STILL IN POWER? -- Where is the progress show us? Are we just going to setup bigger Islamic Dictatorships throughout the Middle East?? - come on, lets get real!
Fereshteh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: yes Reply with quote

If Bush doesn't support the Iranian people I just won't vote.. I won't vote for Kerry and I won't vote for Bush - I WILL BOYCOTT THE ELECTIONS!
stefania

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you boycott the elections, you are giving victory to the main Enemy of the Iranian people in the USA: John Kerry.

I also am disappointed by some changes in his policy, but i still trust him.

Surely he is tied by the other nations.

After the Iraqi war protests,some said "now he will target the other members of the Axis of Weasels"

A Military action is out of his mind now.

But he has shown his strong support for the iranian people more than one time.

Sometimes, strong words count much.

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Eric

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Stefania Reply with quote

Stefania - you should seriously think about what you are saying! Repeatedly issuing strong "words" or statements without any action really diminishes the authoritativeness, power and credibility of the man/woman issuing the words.. If there is no backing up of the rhetoric, then what is the point of such words? Can you tell me? The concept of the US hands being tied is a joke - so you're telling me the US is weak and cannot act because some Euro fools won't let us.. The AXIS of EVIL means **** if all we're going to do is remove Saddam and create a mini-Vietnam (WHICH IT WILL BECOME if the ISLAMIC REGIME ISN'T REMOVED FROM POWER!) **** RHETORIC - American Freedom FIghters, Libertarians and COnservatives DEMAND ACTION - and they will surely voice their disconent if no action is taken..
mIrandA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: i agree Reply with quote

I agree Eric. This President's lack of true actions that support all the numerous speeches he has made on freedom in the Middle East is very very disturbing.. If they think that the American people will turn a blind eye to this then they are mistaken... I will vote, but I won't be a happy voter and I will voice my disapproval loud and clear! I don't want to be lied to and when I hear dozens of speeches that support the Iranian people but then there is no action, I get extremely angry and lose trust in such a man!
stefania

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100% with you dear.

You misunderstood me again Crying or Very sad

If it was for me, if i was EU President, Iran was already free today!!

It's EU which keeps that regime still alive.

The regime could be gone since 1997 if EU did not support Khatami.

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Mina A.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: I demand Reply with quote

I demand the Bush Administration supports the Iranian people and makes good on all the promises and speeches..
asher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you folks. We must support Bush, but demand action.
American Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With no help from the Europeans I don't see how the US would get involved for at least a year. Our government is trying to stabilize Iraq right now. This is an election year and Kerry has already said he will go around the world apolagizing for Bush's foreign policy and promising to let the French and the UN dictate our foreign policy. He will crawl to Iran and beg forgiveness from the Mullahs because we have called them bad names and promise we will be good boys in the future.

As anxious as we all are for intervention, I don't see how Bush could possible do anything before the election. The Democrats are trashing Bush because we didn't work to keep the dictator in power in Hati and claiming their humanitarian mission to try to save his life was a kidnapping. Things are getting ugly over here and our national security and your freedom is completely secondary to Kerry's bid to win election.
redemption

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: s Reply with quote

Hi Asher, welcome aboard.. Yes indeed - and I believe your view is held by many Americans and millions of others around the globe.. I think many Americans did not support the war only for WMD issue but rather many Americans do believe that democracy and freedom in the Middle East is possible - and that an end to certain regimes will be the beginning of many great things not only in the region but throughout the world.. I don't know who is advising in the adminstration, but the clock is ticking, and they should seriously get on the horn, sound the trumpets, and FOCUS on THE MULLAHS and RALLY AMERICA to the support of the Iranian people.. of course if he doesn't want to get re-elected they can just say SCREW the Iranian People and SCREW the War On Terror and be merily on their way..
redemption

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

American Visitor wrote:
With no help from the Europeans I don't see how the US would get involved for at least a year. Our government is trying to stabilize Iraq right now. This is an election year and Kerry has already said he will go around the world apolagizing for Bush's foreign policy and promising to let the French and the UN dictate our foreign policy. He will crawl to Iran and beg forgiveness from the Mullahs because we have called them bad names and promise we will be good boys in the future.

As anxious as we all are for intervention, I don't see how Bush could possible do anything before the election. The Democrats are trashing Bush because we didn't work to keep the dictator in power in Hati and claiming their humanitarian mission to try to save his life was a kidnapping. Things are getting ugly over here and our national security and your freedom is completely secondary to Kerry's bid to win election.

American Visitor: Do you hear what you're saying though.. You're stating that they are trying to stabilize Iraq and that is all that's important and freedom is secondary.. I'm sorry to say, but freedom is not secondary.. Freedom is primary - the means by which security, stability and growth all occur.. HOw do you stabilize Iraq while you have the Mullahs in power call the shots.. Tell me how please.. ? I would love to know! The Mullahs will do whatever is in their power to make sure BUSH does not #1 help the Iranian people defeat the regime #2 Iraq is unstable and doesn't progress much #3 that Bush isn't re-elected.. OKAY - so how can you tell me, or anyone else for that matter, that the Mullahs should be left to continue their tyrannical rule, murder iranians, support terrorism in Iraq and continue to work on THE BOMB??? Am I making sense..?
asher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redemption, thanks for the support; and you're making a lot of sense. You can't separate the Iraq issue from the Iranian one; it was these same regimes that wasted countless Iranian and Iraqi lives during the terrible war years in the 1980s. The recent atrocities in Iraq and Pakistan should leave Washington in no doubt that there will be no success in Iraq without success in Iran.

The well-documented crimes against the Iranian people must be publicized to the world, and particularly to American voters. President Bush should be held to the goals he has set for himself. The rhetoric of the fascist left in the West must be effectively countered.

With this latest obscenity against their fellow Shiites, the mullahs have made it abundantly clear that they stand for no one but themselves. These demonstrations make it clear that the Iranian people understand this; we must make sure the Americans do as well.
redemption

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: d Reply with quote

What worries me Asher is that Washington of course knows what the situation is in Iran and how dangerous the Mullahs are to any prospect for stability and progress in the region, yet they haven't announced any strategy to deal with the regime - all they say is "We suppor Iranian people" but then they don't show it in actions, only words.. this is truly demoralizing.. It seems as though there are conflicting viewpoints inside the Beltway - much of it controlled by big MONEY and they are essentially deadlocking any decision-making in regards to Iran.. They are walking a very thin line if they think they can somehow appease the Mullahs into stopping attacks and ceasing the atomic bomb when they know in their heart of hearts and it is obvious from evidence that they won't allow a progressive and stable Iraq to materialize, they don't want Bush for another 4 years, and they will do WHATEVER it takes to get nuclear weapons.. There really isn't much time left for joking around.. choices need to be made, and actions need to be taken ASAP!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: