[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

US Officials extend their wishes to People of Iran

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Iranian Uprising 2004
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefania

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: US Officials extend their wishes to People of Iran Reply with quote

US Officials extend their wishes to People of Iran

SMCCDI (Information Service)
Mar 20, 2004

http://www.daneshjoo.org/smccdinews/article/publish/article_4156.shtml

Several high rank and prominent U.S. officials and lawmakers have extended their wishes to the People of Iran at the occasion of Nowruz, the Iranian New Year.

These greetings have been widely welcomed among the majority of Iranians who have found in the U.S. a strong ally in their struggle against dictatorship and especially in these dark times that they're deprived from a true democratic and legitimate system of governance. The US officials calls' become more significant and impact more deeply the Iranians' hearts as they see in the clerics the main enemies of their ancestral traditions and have witnessed how the mullahs tried in vain to undermine Nowruz and its meanings by qualifying them as "pagan tradition".

The popular President George W. Bush had issued, on February 10th, an early statement at the occasion of Nowruz (Iranian New Year). "The Messiah of Freedom" as he is being qualified by many Iranians has stated: "I send greetings to Iranian Americans observing Nowruz, the traditional Persian New Year. Nowruz is a special time to celebrate with family and friends, honor cultural heritage, and enjoy holiday traditions. It is also a time to celebrate the arrival of spring in anticipation of the opportunities of the new year. During this joyous season, I encourage people of all faiths to pray for peace and mutual understanding throughout the world. Laura joins me in sending our best wishes for a joyous New Year filled with health and happiness".

Mr. Bush who has supported openly and at several occasion the Iranian freedom lovers has renewed his calls twice in the last 48 hours for freedom in Iran and in the "Greater Middle East".

In addition to Mr. Bush, several US officials and senators, such as, Arnold Schwarzenegger Governor of California, Rod Blagojevich Governor of Illinois, the principled Senator John Cornyn of Texas and the admired Senator Sam Brownback of Kansas have all issued statements for this cherished tradition of Iranians wishing them the best and recognizing the major constructive impact of Iranian-Americans on the American society.

In his statement, issued today, Mr. Cornyn is stating: "I extend warm congratulations to Iranians in Texas and across the United States as they celebrate Norooz, their New Year. During this time of celebration and coming together, it is especially important to be thankful for the blessings of liberty and democracy. As Iranians celebrate new life this spring, I'd like to emphasize my belief in core Texas values - encouraging personal responsibility, compassion for others, and supporting family values. Strong families are the foundation for a prosperous and civilized society, and a compassionate government recognizes their importance in fostering successful communities, happier homes, and healthier lives. I strongly believe that every individual is worthy of respect. I support providing opportunity for all and removing government limitations on freedom so that every citizen has the chance to realize the American dream. Iranian-Americans, like all immigrants, make a tremendous contribution to our society, and I wish them all the best for a peaceful, prosperous and happy new year."

For his part, Mr. Brownback who took the lead in defending the Iranians, since the bloody crackdown on the 1999 Student Uprising, states: "I'm delighted to be able to send my best wishes for a happy NoRooz to the Iranian people. I have heard numerous reports from the widespread celebrations that have been going on inside Iran. Yet again, the Iranian people are showing their courage by celebrating in defiance of the regime's order that the people turn their back on their own rich culture. NoRooz is the time of beginnings. It is said that how one spends this day will set the tone for the coming year. Iranians by thousands are spending this day pursuing their freedom, cherishing their ancient civilization and standing tall against tyranny. Indeed, it is a new day in Iran - and I am confident it will be the year of your liberation. I have been very moved by the hundreds of phone calls and faxes of support for my resolution supporting the Iranian people - S. Res. 82. I have never before seen such a supportive reaction to one of my efforts. I am humbled by your support, and I promise you - I will not give up on you. May you and your families have a blessed new year. Happy NoRooz ! {Iran-A Ahh-Zahhd}."

It's to note that Mr. Brownback (R-KS) uses often the Persian phrase {Iran-A Ahh-Zahhd} while addressing the Iranians. This phrase means "Free Iran". Along with Mr. Cornyn (R-TX), he introduced, last year, the famous "Iran Democracy Act"which seeks to strengthen support for Iranians who want to create a democratic, secular government which respects human rights, abandons state-sponsored terrorism, and rejects the possession and use of weapons of mass destruction.

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Iranian Uprising 2004 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: