[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iranian New Year Starts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Iranian Uprising 2004
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefania

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Iranian New Year Starts Reply with quote

Iranian New Year Starts

SMCCDI (Information Service)
Mar 20, 2004

http://www.daneshjoo.org/smccdinews/article/publish/article_4155.shtml

The Iranian New Year 1383 (of Solar Calendar) started at 10:18' 37" (local time) on Saturday March 20, 2004. This precise timing is based on the start of Spring and to one full cycle made by the Earth around the Sun.

Heavy and unprecedented snow is falling on Tehran. Such climatic phenomenon hadn't happened since 31 years ago and many Iranians are seeing this as a sign of prosperity and freedom. Most Iranians wishes and prayers were for health, happiness and freedom in this starting year.

The SMCCDI Coordinator, Aryo Pirouznia, had extended the Movement's best wishes and hope of Freedom in interviews made earlier this week with the Persian service of "Voice of America" (VOA) and the "National Iranian Television" (NITV). Most Iranian opposition parties and political leaders, especially the well respected Prince Reza Pahlavi and Empress Farah Pahlavi have issued statements or sent recorded declarations at the occasion of the event.

It's to note that the year 1383 is based on a Muslim calendar rather than a genuine Iranian historical basis or cultural identity. An increasing number of Iranians, breaking the Islamist taboos, are seeking a calendar based on Iran's long history and rich culture rather than the travel of the Prophet of Islam from one Arabic peninsula's city to another which happened fourteen centuries ago.

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
TeachESL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: My best wishes Reply with quote

I would like to add my best wishes on your New Year. May this be the year that will see Iran free! May you achieve prosperity and freedom!
Saman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Iranian New Year Starts Reply with quote

stefania wrote:

It's to note that the year 1383 is based on a Muslim calendar rather than a genuine Iranian historical basis or cultural identity. An increasing number of Iranians, breaking the Islamist taboos, are seeking a calendar based on Iran's long history and rich culture rather than the travel of the Prophet of Islam from one Arabic peninsula's city to another which happened fourteen centuries ago.

For me, this years Nowrouz marks the beginning of the year 2563. The year Cyrus the Great unified our country. We must get rid of Arabian influences on our culture.

PS. It's also the beginning of the year 7026. The year the first Aryans migrated to the Iranian platuea.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sourena

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: Iranian New Year Starts Reply with quote

[quote="Saman"]
stefania wrote:

For me, this years Nowrouz marks the beginning of the year 2563. The year Cyrus the Great unified our country. We must get rid of Arabian influences on our culture.

I agree with you about the Arabian Influence thing bu ti'm afraid you have one item wrong. It is not the year 2563 it is the year 2533. Cyrus established the empire in 529 BCE. (that's why the 2500 years celebrations were in 1971)
Liberator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: 559 B.C. Reply with quote

I thought it was 559 BC ???

www.anjomane-padeshahi.org
http://aryamehr11.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Iranian Uprising 2004 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: