[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time is now!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Time is now!!!! Reply with quote

As i watch the Irainian funded attacks on my US soldiers in Iraq occur, I think to myself, why(if Irainians really want freedom)don't the citizens of Iran rise up now while the Mullahs attentions are in Iraq? I am a strong supporter of what we are doing in Iraq but our US media is making it look like we are losing. Thats all a majority of US citizens see and it makes them doubt our actions there. We can't do this alone....the opportunity is now or never, why wait? Please help me understand the reluctance of millions of Iranians to risk thier lives to free their own country and better the lives of thier children. Question
blank

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have been through one genocide, so I can see why they might be reluctant to fight with empty hands, unless US is willing to help and sell them weapons or do for them as President Reagan did for the Polish people.
redemption

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Time is now!!!! Reply with quote

eddog wrote:
As i watch the Irainian funded attacks on my US soldiers in Iraq occur, I think to myself, why(if Irainians really want freedom)don't the citizens of Iran rise up now while the Mullahs attentions are in Iraq? I am a strong supporter of what we are doing in Iraq but our US media is making it look like we are losing. Thats all a majority of US citizens see and it makes them doubt our actions there. We can't do this alone....the opportunity is now or never, why wait? Please help me understand the reluctance of millions of Iranians to risk thier lives to free their own country and better the lives of thier children. Question

Eddog, very good questions. The reason is this: First of all remember that the Mullahs attention is always on holding power and preventing and overthrow of their regime, so don't be tricked into thinking that just because the Mullahs are focused on issues within Iraq that they will fail to focus on the Iranian people who are overwhelmingly anti-regime and anti-theocracy. Now, there is not reluctance of millions of Iranianis, but I tell you this. Thousands upon thousands have been murdered for their political opinions and opposition.. .Thousands upon thousands remain in prisons and are tortured and beaten for their political views. They will and have risked their lives but my belief is they really want to know the United States is behind them. This is an important point, because if the US is only behind them halfway and really doesn't do much to pressure the Europeans/British and weaken the Mullahs then when the Iranian people rise up they coud likely face another slaughter. I don't know what the **** the Bush administration is doing? We have such a large hand to use against the Mullahs and the Europeans who are supporting them, but we don't - which leads many Iranians and supporters of Iranian people to believe that America has cut some sort of deal with the Europeans in which we promised not to remove the Mullahs from power.

Nevertheless, the Iranian people are an independent and unpredictable variable which could explode at any moment as isn't entirely dependent on what the US government and other governments do in regards to precipitating such an uprising... But seriously, BUSH and co. need to pull their heads out of their asses, be honest with the American people, and give an ultimatem to the Mullahs and tell them to step the **** aside -
eddog

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Understood Redemption! Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply Redemption, as in all things there is more than meets the eye. I guess my main concern is that (with IRAQ)we see now that America will never be viewed as liberators in the Middle East, only as occupiers no matter what we do. America can only do so much before her own people say enough of my sons blood for someone elses problems. We're being killed by the very same people that Saddam use to terrorize, it makes no sense to me here. Theres not a chance in hell, that after the Iraq mess, that America will let the President send troops or support to an area of the world that may or may not approve of our presence after toppeling whatever regime was in place. I think we were lied to by Iraqi dissidents as to the level of intrest the average Iraqi had in Liberty. Personally I see a people that will fight for whoever is winning, so as to be on the right side when the battle is over. There is no hope in a situation like that. How do we as Americans know that Iran would be any different? Sorry I'm so pessimistic this morning, we lost alot of soldiers this weekend, i used to be one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: