[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

79: Islamic Revolution or Coup?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Voting Booth (Polls)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Was the 79 change of regime in Iran a true Revolution or a well thought and carried out Scenario by EU and therefore mainly a Coup?
It was a true revolution by popular uprising (similar to what is happening in Iraq today)
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
It was a well organized Coup pre meditated by EU, the Army was infiltrated and helped to arm the thugs.
86%
 86%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 23

Liberty Now !

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: 79: Islamic Revolution or Coup? Reply with quote

Many of Iranians believe the 79 event to have been a well organized Coup de tat co-ordinated by European politicians using both Islamists and leftist forces at a time that much of the political, executive and defense structure of Iran were previously infiltrated.

Thousands of forces had been trained in palestinian camps and just as today ayatollahs have mobalized some foreign thugs in the streets as well. in every city these groups have lead the way and were later armed by infiltrated agenst in charge of the arm forces (shahrbani).

Looking back at 1979 event in Iran in the lights of todays unrest in Iraq called a "popular uprising" by European media, which seems more likely to have happened in 79? A true revolution, or a coup?
9karevatan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most ppl thought they could get more freedom than the shah provided therefore went and lost it all instead

but yes ordinary ppl had major roles and participated in 1979
mikhanam
payande baadi IRANam!!!!!!!
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EU and UK played a major role.

That Genocidal Inquisition was made by a small group of fanatics against the will of the majority of the Iranians

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
9karevatan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefania wrote:
The EU and UK played a major role.

That Genocidal Inquisition was made by a small group of fanatics against the will of the majority of the Iranians

stefania u seem to be jumping ahead......most ppl supported a new regime until ppl started dying and they had fake elections
mikhanam
Liberty Now!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9karevatan wrote:
most ppl thought they could get more freedom than the shah provided therefore went and lost it all instead

but yes ordinary ppl had major roles and participated in 1979

dear karevatan,

How is it that the same nation which single handedly have created such massive revolution can not overthrow the regime it had created all on its own?

As you’ve mentioned people have been against the regime since about right after the “revolution”. Just a simple comparison between the two governments brings about this question, that if ‘we’ could overthrow that strong, well-established regime, then it should be a piece of cake to overthrow this crappy mismanaged regime!

But the facts shows differently; that we have been captives in our own land, that we have been “taken hostage in our own land!” These are the words Iranians use to describe what had happened. It is very telling as to what had actually happened in 1979.

99 % of Iranians did not even know who khomeini was, and I don’t mean who he really was, but that they’ve never even heard of the guy prior to the so called revolution! Another fact we know about today is that thousands of militia were trained in Palestinian & Lebanese camps for the riots we saw on streets.

The average income of Iranians before 79 was higher than American average income! We were so close to reach the peak of our progress. What more would a nation want? So it wasn't really the Iranians who were ‘unhappy’ about the progress, but European and American politicians. And that explains all that propaganda campaigns in the years prior to 79.

Russians have started their plan of dividing Iran into smaller parts, and with the help of EU they have put all their efforts to plant the seeds of conflict and division amongst Iranians. Along with the spread of Marxist Ideology (mainly by 'toodeh' backed and financed from abroad) they have used the same agents to spread around words like 'independence' and "khalgh" (new term for each ethnic group).

A similar propaganda campaign came about at a later time whereby other western powers had used the issue of political freedom and rights to destroy the Shah's almost perfect reputation. In a country that had just started to rebuild its infrastructures, Iran had done very well throughout the Pahlavi Era. It was in fact the forerunner, in the region, for Human Rights, emancipation of women, workers rights, a modern democratic parliament, health care, education, etc.

Considering the work had almost just begun and was in progress, it was completely out of time and place for the west to be so actively involved and vocal about lack of Human rights in Iran. Specially when we compare their huge propaganda campaign against the Shah, with the complete lack of concern for the mass executions of Iran's most loyal Army Generals and high ranking officials that immidiately followed the Coup. The deafening silence of the international community continued well after the mass executions of more than 100,000 of the youth in 1-2 years! And then came 8 years of war, which seems to have been the whole point of the bloody Coup! Iran a country so rich in culture and resources ended up as a huge barrial grave of the millions of corps and a devestated nation taken hostage at gunpoint in their own land!

There were two major targets: to weaken the intelligent service and the Army. It took several years but eventually at one point SAVAK was weakened by continuous criticism to the point that it could not even protect its own agents let alone the country! The Armed Forces were also infiltrated by agents who where either bribed or brainwashed using their Islamic belief to think they are doing Islam and Iran a favor!

The lists and documents are available today, and many of the details will perhaps come out in near future. Most of us even know who where the defector amongst the high ranking officials and in the Army. Today we know for sure about the trained militia who started the riots and led the spectators in every major city. and we know of those in charge of 'shahrbani' which opened the door and armed these militia.

Even 3 months later going to the polls, they had gunmen at every post, because they knew very well that they did not have majority support. Every single demonstration afterwards was staged. I was in many of them, I should know. Times and again they would close down the school and line up everyone, watching over us to make sure we wont run away from the demonstration! And they did the same thing at government offices, factories, etc.

Now, please tell me what is that Called in Political terms?

You are free to call it whatever you wish, but these events are documented to have happened. Frankly I would rather we called it “a major disaster in human history” or “the result of some bloody world politics”!
freedom fighter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted the latter though perhaps it is both? I'd like to take the time to apologize to the people of Iran, to you guys for my countrys action then and now america played a big part under the carter administration in screwing things up over there (and here) Crying or Very sad Mad
Liberty Now !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freedom fighter wrote:
I voted the latter though perhaps it is both? I'd like to take the time to apologize to the people of Iran, to you guys for my countrys action then and now america played a big part under the carter administration in screwing things up over there (and here) Crying or Very sad Mad

My dear dear Freedom figher, no need to appologize darling. We are taling about world policy, and politicians! Our nations have always been friends and will continue to be best of friends once we kick the basterd mullahs out of Iran. I love you, love your country and the beautiful American people.
If it wasn't for Americans, the whole idea of Liberty, Freedom of thought and Human Rights would not have been possible in the form and level it reached today.
I most of all bow down to my American Sisters for their bravery and fight for Women's Right throughout the Globe.

My appologies for hurting your feelings dear. pardon me, please! I can be a bit rough sometimes, writing about Iran & world politics. But I believe WE THE PEOPLE OF THE WORLD, ARE IN ON THIS MESS TOGETHER!

HOPEFULLY WITH UNITY AND PERSEVERENCE WE CAN ACHIEVE PEACE AND FREEDOM FOR ALL. AND LIVE HAPPILY IN HARMONY AND RESPECT. OR AT LEAST OUR CHILDREN WILL LIVE TOGETHER IN A BETTER WORLD.

My regards to you and all brave Americans who have fought for freedom and progress.

(hugs)

9karevatan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there were many scenarios that took the ppl attention away from the new killer regime.....there was the hostage situation and then 8 years of war which basically killed all the revolutionaires involved in 1979...
mikhanam
andrea

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: the 79 revolution in iran Reply with quote

Hi! i think that the revolution on 79 in iran was supported by the leftist of the ue and us a demonstration of it;is that now most of the more important oil sites in iran are in the hand of european country like before the war in iraq the oil company were property of france and russia
stefania

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: the 79 revolution in iran Reply with quote

andrea wrote:
Hi! i think that the revolution on 79 in iran was supported by the leftist of the ue and us a demonstration of it;is that now most of the more important oil sites in iran are in the hand of european country like before the war in iraq the oil company were property of france and russia

Bravo !! Very Happy

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
19:35

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It was a well organized Coup pre meditated by EU, the Army was infiltrated and helped to arm the thugs.

Can I point out that the EU didn't actually <i>exist</i> in 1979?
stefania

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19:35 wrote:
Quote:

Can I point out that the EU didn't actually <i>exist</i> in 1979?

EU=Europe..

00:00

19:35

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
EU=Europe..

So the Ukrainians, Swiss, Norwegians, Georgians, Russians et al aren't European, then? Hmm...I think they'd beg to differ!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Voting Booth (Polls) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: