[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IS REFERENDUM TO BE MONITORED BY THE UN?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefania

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject: IS REFERENDUM TO BE MONITORED BY THE UN? Reply with quote

DEAR FRIENDS, HERE I WISH TO OPEN A DISCUSSION ON WHETHER THE U.N. MUST BE TRUSTED TO MONITOR AN UPCOMING REFERENDUM FOR REGIME CHANGE IN IRAN..

CAN THE U.N. BE TRUSTED TO TAKE SUCH AN IMPORTANT ROLE,WHILE ITS "HUMAN RIGHTS" COMMISSION HAS RECENTLY APPROVED THE ENTRY OF SUDAN OTHER THAN THE FACT THAT LYBIA IS CURRENTLY HOLDING THE PRESIDENCY OF SUCH A COMMISSION ?

AFTER THAT U.N. HAS DONE NOTHING AGAINST GENOCIDES IN RWANDA,CONGO,SIERRA LEONE AND IS UNABLE TO STOP VIOLENCE IN KOSOVO AND IT HAS OFTEN LEGGITTIMIZED TYRANTS, MAY IT BE TRUSTED TO MONITOR A FREE REFERENDUM IN IRAN ?

IF YOUR ANSWER IS NO, WHO DO YOU THINK SHOULD MONITOR THE REFERENDUM?

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
DEAR FRIENDS, HERE I WISH TO OPEN A DISCUSSION ON WHETHER THE U.N. MUST BE TRUSTED TO MONITOR AN UPCOMING REFERENDUM FOR REGIME CHANGE IN IRAN..

I hope not. I think they should close the U. N. down.

Quote:
IF YOUR ANSWER IS NO, WHO DO YOU THINK SHOULD MONITOR THE REFERENDUM?

I don't know. I think we should create a "majles moassessan" (loosely translated as an "establishment senate") composed of representatives from each province like they did for Reza Shah. They will make up the interim government and they could also watch over the upcoming referandum.
Iranian Boy

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Reza Shah II has mentioned U.N.
Right?

Unfortunately, foreign countries like Britain may try to brainwash the people before the referendum to get what they want. Therefore we have to be alert.

And I think that even if Iranians were to control the referendum foreign powers would do their effort to decieve people.
blank

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having UN looking over the Referendum is like having a fox watching over chickens.......
Persian

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: IS REFERENDUM TO BE MONITORED BY THE UN? Reply with quote

stefania wrote:

...IF YOUR ANSWER IS NO, WHO DO YOU THINK SHOULD MONITOR THE REFERENDUM?

My answer's NO. but let's get to that stage first.
Mullahs are trying to FAKE a Referandum and if so, then it's illegitimate to begin with.

If it's a referendum AFTER the Ayatollahs are gone, it will be up to the new Coalition of different political groups and personalities to decide along with the people of Iran weather they trust UN at that time, or offer a different solution.

I personally trust a team of observers sent from US or Israel more than UN agents! At least they are on the side of Iranian freedom movement, unlike Europe and UN.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: