[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Straight Persian sword!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> It's "Persian" Gulf Stupid! (NOT Arabian)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
9karevatan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about we keep the way the sword and the shirokhorshid flag hsa been for a few hundred years the way it was.....i mean arent some of u in favor of a monarchy and worship reza shah and mohammad reza shah and reza pahlavi and they didnt seem to have a problem with the shape of the sword and neither do 99% of the political parties for iran so look at my avatar and enjoy it Laughing
mikhanam
payande baadi IRANam!!!!!!!
Liberator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehmmmm NO! Dude you need to get a grip on reality, nobody on this site WORSHIPS anyone, most of the time it's IRI filths who use that trite slogan of worshipping the Pahlavi's! As far as the flag is concernced we have an onion flag to get rid of first THEN as we start rebuilding our nation PEOPLE will determine their future state (including the flag!) Exclamation

www.anjomane-padeshahi.org
http://aryamehr11.blogspot.com/
9karevatan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree...
mikhanam
payande baadi IRANam!!!!!!!
Kid Einstein

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liberator wrote:
Ehmmmm NO! Dude you need to get a grip on reality, nobody on this site WORSHIPS anyone, most of the time it's IRI filths who use that trite slogan of worshipping the Pahlavi's! As far as the flag is concernced we have an onion flag to get rid of first THEN as we start rebuilding our nation PEOPLE will determine their future state (including the flag!) Exclamation

Onion!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I always looked at it as some kind of a spot of blood. But that was an incredible thing to say

Laughing
reza

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Similar systems are the israeli Krav Maga, the russian Systema, Ross system and the American Ranger CQC, all of them brought up for military purposes.

iran should definitly develop a martial art for their special forces, and it would be cool if they called the speial forces the immortals.

Quote:
However, if the straight sword could just be a tad longer, then that symbol would be very pleasing to the eye. The current straight sword looks like a teeny dagger.

i dont know about that, the sword looks bigger than the lions body! but it should be straight, curved swords are only appropriate with a large hilt for two handed use. the straight sword has more clout when it comes to warfare. no disrespect to samurai warfare, its far more sophisticated than the bullshit war is today
"When on the battlefield if you have the sole intention of breaking into the enemy lines, you will manifest martial valour. Furthermore if you are slain in battle you should be resolved to having your corpse facing the enemy" - Yamamoto tsunetomo
Sourena

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all, there is no such thing as an Iranian sword. Iranian military used compound bows, and spears, before the arab invasions.

As for the flag,
these are the Iranian flags arranged by timeline:
1. Cyrus' Flag
"The standard of ancient Persia, adopted by Cyrus ... was a golden eagle with outstretched wings painted on a white flag."
actually it was a falcon and this was it:

2. Derafshe-Kaviani
This flag is red, yellow and purple and it is horizontally divided. It was the sacred flag of Iran during the late pre-islamic dynasties (till the 6th century).

3. Shir va Khorshid
This was adopted around the 1500's I think. It has never been shown with a straight sword. Always with a curved one. (called a Shamshir in Farsi, Sabre or Scimitar in English)

4. Shah Tahmasb (1524 -1576)
apparently shah tahmasb's astrology sign was aries, hence the ram.

5. Initial Qajar version

6. Pahlavi Version

7. Islamic Republic of Iran
reza

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry sourena but the persians did use swords, ive seen them with my own eyes at museums. Furthermore the reliefs at naqish-e-rustam depict shapur the first and all the other sassanid kings with straight longswords. Also, Cambyses the second died when he fell off his horse and impaled himself on his [u]sword[u].
"When on the battlefield if you have the sole intention of breaking into the enemy lines, you will manifest martial valour. Furthermore if you are slain in battle you should be resolved to having your corpse facing the enemy" - Yamamoto tsunetomo
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
3. Shir va Khorshid
This was adopted around the 1500's I think. It has never been shown with a straight sword. Always with a curved one. (called a Shamshir in Farsi, Sabre or Scimitar in English)

How many times do I have to remind people? In English, it is called Persian, not Farsi. And people wonder why all of a sudden everybody speaks of "The Gulf" or even worst "Arabian Gulf". Well it's our own fault. We have make the word Persian almost disappear from the English language. You keep saying Farsi instead of Persian. The less often people in the West use the word Persian, the more likely that people forget the word and the more likely the will start calling the "Persian Gulf" by its fake name of Arabian Gulf. I have repeated this about ten times on this forum. Why do you people not understand? Do you have something against saying "Persian"? Do you want this word to disappear?
Saman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Azadeh. It's for the good of your own people Sourena, that you start saying Persian instead of Farsi.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sourena

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reza wrote:
sorry sourena but the persians did use swords, ive seen them with my own eyes at museums. Furthermore the reliefs at naqish-e-rustam depict shapur the first and all the other sassanid kings with straight longswords. Also, Cambyses the second died when he fell off his horse and impaled himself on his [u]sword[u].

You ruined my post. Sad I did all that research with the flags and everything. Just kidding. Laughing
Actually I did not know that. Thanks for pointing those out. I stand corrected. But you have to admit, the falcon flag was cool, and the sheep flag was just plain funny.

Azadeh, refer to the other discussion "Misconceptions..." about my use of Farsi.
Sourena

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so maybe the flag of iran in the future should not be the shir-va-khorshid at all. Maybe it should be the Derafshe-Kaviani.
reza

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kava's leather apron encrusted with jewels was the greatest standard the world has ever seen, the arabs proved their ignorance by tearing it up to sell the jewels Crying or Very sad .

Cyrus's banner is very imppresive though, i believe the word is majestic
Sourena

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, maybe the future iranian flag should be the green white and red, and with the falcon icon in the middle.
reza

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps a spear in it's claws? or maybe thats been done too much already, a sassanian longsword at its feet might be good. Does anybody know why the colours are green white and red, what is significant about them.
Sourena

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the green is for fertility or life, white is for peace and harmony, and the red might be for blood and heritage. I'm not sure about the red.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> It's "Persian" Gulf Stupid! (NOT Arabian) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: